20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Maurice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5549 5 years ago

A bug report on V2.97: after killing Smaug the background music continues. Can be the multiball tune or a mode that runs simultaniously with the multiball. It used to be just Smaug screaming and some minor background sound during the awesome animations on the display showing Smaug falling to his death. With 2.97 this effect is ruined. Please return it to how it used to be which was perfect.
After playing an arkenstone mode the game takes up to 5 seconds to go back to normal play. Used to be much shorter. Any reasons why this changed? No targets are lit and you can't shoot anything.

Other changes are good. Insert lights that flicker more actively, progress callouts during the Arkenstone modes, beast MB and regular MB. More new sounds and spoken audio.
But please: fix the Smaug "falling from the sky" audio after killing him. This sequence already had audio problems in the past with 2.91 or another update in the past which was very annoying too.

1 month later
#5891 5 years ago

After the 3.0 update I made some adjustments in the menu. Just a few minutes later, during Adjustment some coil and game settings both screens went dark. Game was still working, since after pressing the escape button I could start a game, but both screens were dead. I switched the game off and on and both screens worked again. Played a few games, no more screens that went Black.
Differences from 2.99 to 3.0 that I don't like:
At the start of Smaug multiball during a mode or other any other call outs the "MULTIBALL" call out from Gandalf is often not heard.
The overall sound seems to be much "softer". I need to set my standard volume at 22 instead of 18 to hear the same volume.
Call outs from Smaug seem to be even softer than before. Especially the ones that were already low volume or difficult to hear.
The already mentioned "game over Smaug" glitch.
I didn't save my settings so I readjusted everything as best as I could remember. I like clear and loud sound effects and speech, so these setting go way up: but even with these settings up very high (sound FX and speech go up to 15) the sound doesn't match the quality of 2.99. But maybe I need to adjust some other sound settings too. Some help is appreciated on how to accomplish this.

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

music: old value=41, new value=41
speech: old value=66, new value=41
fanfare: old value=52, new value=35
fx: old value=52, new value=25

This saved my day. All sounds and music the way I like it. Honestly I don't care about hearing the music better. To me it's all about immersion and what better way to achieve this by increasing sound FX and speech at the right moment. Don't get me wrong: the music is great but I care more about hearing sound FX and speech clearly.

What about the screens going Black? What causes this?

#5901 5 years ago

Mine did not reboot. Only both screens go dark. It happened once sofar just 5 minutes after the 3.0 software update. Since then the game has been on for about 30 minutes. I can only play an hour a day since my days are rather full of all kinds of "distractions".
I expect this problem to reoccur since once you have a problem in a pinball it NEVER goes away by itself from my experience.

#5904 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Can you clarify please?
Your Version 3.0 update worked fine, correct?
You get blank screens when?

3.0 works fine.
I got 2 blank screens just a few minutes after I updated from 2,99 to 3.0. After the update the game was in attract mode for a few minutes. After that I entered the menu and made some adjustments. While doing so suddenly both screens went blank. All the rest was still working.
I switched the machine off, waited 1 minute and turned it on again. Both screens back to normal.

1 week later
#5960 5 years ago

Posted this also in the "Hobbit software 3.0 update" thread. Curious what you have heard sofar:

During the second and third Arkenstone mode, but especially during botfa the callout "stage 1 complete" is heard at the same time as Azog speak his "orc language encouragements" to his troops. These callouts from Azog from one stage to the next make botfa a great experience and, according to me, this is ruined by the new "stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 completed" phrases.
These phrases go well with "into the fire" since no character speaks during the end of a stage. But during botfa it's annoying and not necessary, since Azog already introduces the next stages in a great way.
Solution: delete the "stage 1, 2, 3 callouts during barrel escape and botfa. If I remember correctly the callouts also overwhelm the "superjackpot" callouts during the Arkenstone modes.
Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#6122 5 years ago

Any pinball playfield cleaner will do just fine, since it’s the same dirt you find on the playfield. I use mr. Muscle kitchen cleaner (european product) to clean playfield, ramps and plastics.

https://www.blokker.nl/p/mr-muscle-keukenreiniger/1134880/images/full/1134880.jpg

Mr. Muscle degreaser (resized).jpegMr. Muscle degreaser (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6242 5 years ago

There are 3 balltraps. I partially solved 2 of them but is there a better way? Can someone create a plastic that can be mounted on the 2 screws near the aera just like a little bit lower on the Bart plastic? See the pictures and you might understand what I mean.

5646C6DD-AEB5-45C5-8C6F-CE27905405BA (resized).jpeg5646C6DD-AEB5-45C5-8C6F-CE27905405BA (resized).jpeg660D4E71-E4A5-4539-868F-2F717342DEFC (resized).jpeg660D4E71-E4A5-4539-868F-2F717342DEFC (resized).jpeg860F418C-F303-42AD-9096-3245F4C0045F (resized).jpeg860F418C-F303-42AD-9096-3245F4C0045F (resized).jpeg
#6263 5 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the ball getting stuck above the railing post along the upper right side? It bounces off the DWARF targets when launched from the upper flipper at speed and comes back with a vengeance. Usually after a left orbit full speed loop. I was thinking of installing a toy as a blocking point or a plastic blocking panel below the rails. Has anyone else had this issue and solved it and can advise? Or just better to adjust upper flipper power down?

Is this the same issue as I described some posts ago with pictures included? I’m still looking for other solutions.

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Above the spinner? I screwed a post into the side rail there. No more issue.

Image please.

1 week later
#6433 5 years ago

What about the 3.10 update that seems to get stuck when you kill Smaug when a mode is running. Is this a confirmed bug or not? I won’t update untill I know for sure.

6 months later
#7274 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Do the lids for the Beasts sit flush to the playfield on machines that don't have a playfield protector installed?
On my machine with the protector the lids sit on top of the protector causing a pretty good lip. This sometimes gets the ball airborne and adds some nasty spin and redirects at times.
Any input would be greatly appreciated

I removed my protector since it made the ramps almost impossible to shoot. Balls would lift of and end up rattling in the ramp and not make the shot. After removal of the protector every well aimed shot makes it. Especially on the left ramp.
And btw: a pf protector is ugly as hell. Just play your machines instead of looking at them....

#7280 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Should the lock roll over buttons be flush to the playfield when depressed all the way down? If so they will also need adjusted

1. Yes. Take some time to adjust them properly. A fast ball might not trigger the switch if it is not properly adjusted. This happens often when the button isn’t flush when depressed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Maurice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Maurice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.