IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1453 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

how does one go about finding the build date on a boxed LE?

Call or Email Jen and explain your situation. There should be a Machine number stamped on the outside of the box. She likely can help you with that if you are looking to buy it.

#1482 7 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

Is there any need to use leg protectors or do the new cabinet external metal leg brackets eliminate the need for them? I'm obviously worried about the legs damaging the cabinet decals (I have the standard decals and not the Rad Cals).

From what I saw in a video of the factory tour at JJP, the decals can be applied with the legs already on the cabinet. The "Rad Cals" at least are pre-cut so that they can be added with the legs on. So ... I don't think you will damage the cabinet decals unless you are really throwing your machine around. I have seen people put a machine on one leg and tip it about 45 degrees and shake it to get a ball unstuck at a expo show. That was scary. Some people have a crazy disregard for other people's treasures.

#1536 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

True..make sure you remove the film before attaching the legs.

Thanks - I'll remember that when I get mine. Something simple that will save time and the "Doh!" frustration later.

#1545 7 years ago

Thanks pinballer ... going to have to print that out until it gets into the unofficial rulesheet that is in that thread. Then ... ... I'll definitely need a "coach" to guide me through all that wall playing. This is a two "player" game ... one person plays while the other one coaches. Can't wait for my TH to arrive in a month or so.

#1570 7 years ago

Drew - are those "coins" on the flippers REALLY secure? Curious if they will start to fall off. They look good. Kind of a compliment design to the ruby slippers on the WOZ flippers.

#1605 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Either way, I doubt JJP sells more Hobbits than WOZs. In fact, I still plan on getting a WOZ next year. WOZ is an instant classic to me.

If you want a NIB, you may want to shoot for Thanksgiving at the latest. My guess at that is because currently it is on a "mini" assembly line at JJP. Supposedly ... JJP will be starting up game #3 before the end of the year (some say). If JJP only has the capacity for a major production line and a "mini" production line, WOZ production might be done soon. I personally think Hobbit will be on the main major production line past the new year, but ... just thought I would point out something to think about.

1 week later
#1707 7 years ago

Thanks meSz ... gives us a time frame of a month after we get contacted and confirm our order before shipping.

2 weeks later
#1892 7 years ago
Quoted from BShing:

I could probably cancel, get my money back and buy one from a middleman quicker.

My order date is after yours and I'm seriously considering this. If distributors offer a cheaper deal, I might bite on it.

Quoted from fordtudoor:

it seems lately more problems are beginning to surface. So the longer I wait the better my chances are of getting a machine that has all the bugs ironed out.

That's the counter to the above that is keeping me on this side of the fence. But wouldn't a distributor go to bat for you? I would just make sure that the production date is late July or after. Not sure if we really know when the spring steel on the ramps was standard in production. Sometime in August?

1 month later
#2332 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I'm wondering if anyone has tried putting sound deadening foam inside the cabinet to see how it would affect the noise?

Was your first car a junker? What did you do for that? Turn up the sound and all those little noises go away! Then you wont hear the ratcheting.
Just joking.

#2351 7 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

Thank - I see the s/n stickers there but not the LE #?

Smaug was not an "LE". It was a "SE". I don't "think" they have a SE game # listed on them. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. There usually is a game production number on it on the playfield front edge or under the apron.

#2356 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They are indeed numbered on the apron. Mine in number 7 I believe. It doesn't have the "/1500" like the LE does because the limit is unknown.

Ok, that's good to know. I think that they had to be ordered by the end of 2013 though. I could not get a Smaug SE (JJP direct) when I ordered mine a little over a year ago. Before they went into production they knew how many would be built - if they stuck to that. They could have put that "out of" number down. That's ok, not "real" important to know that. I wonder if they started the "Black Arrow" version because they saw that they would run out of LE numbers in the near future.

#2399 7 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I can't imagine waiting that long. Distros have them in stock ready to ship. Ordered an LE last week, and it arrived Tuesday.

Distributors don't want to take direct sales away from JJP ... I inquired about switching to get one right away and two distributors would not do it. I was told to hang in there. I understand their stance but ... it is hard to though, knowing others can just walk up a buy one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Better, honest communication with realistic target dates would help. Stuff happens, but good communication is key. Not angry, just getting impatient.

#2433 7 years ago
Quoted from RedLeaderFive:

(I convinced my wife we needed something while we wait...but it's never leaving).

Same thing happened to me while I was waiting. I got a used IM and a ACDC Prem while waiting. My Hobbit is in-route someplace too ... no call from the shipping company yet. I feel your excitement and anticipation.

#2449 7 years ago

I FINALLY officially joined the club and received my TH LE. Debating waiting a week (or two ) for my Escalera or just struggle with my son to get it downstairs. Was doing some remodeling while thinking about it, and stepped on a 12p nail with all my weight. Blood came gushing out. Wrapped it up with pressure and elevating it currently. Guess I know which decision I'll go with.

My wife was REAL surprised and happy that we got the TH. Her favorite along with our WOZ. Whew ... glad that went that way.

Now to eat and go to urgent care. I would rather setup & play my new TH ... Argh!

#2471 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Now, if someone would make a few mods.....

... like a game interactive topper ...

#2479 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Yup, or anything for that matter....

Laseriffic makes non-interactive toppers (the only Hobbit one so far that I know of)
beatmaster makes barrel spot lights, shooter rod housing lights (I bought yellow)
MustangPaul makes leg light up kits (I will eventually buy yellow)
a few people make plastic protectors
Amazon sells some small Hobbit keys, swords, & other things that a few people have added - I'll add those soon
Not much other than that ... I wish there was more too.

#2481 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

The barrel's are nice too but I have yet to see one photo on a Hobbit yet.

My TH is in my garage still "in the box" ... waiting for my Escalera (on week 3 now). I have the barrels in hand too. Once I get my pin in my basement and put the barrels on, I'll post a pic in his barrel thread ... if no one else puts a photo of them on a TH yet.

#2517 7 years ago
Quoted from Ransom99:

Anyone else fortunate enough to get a free "credit" after matching your score's last digit with the number on screen? Why does it sound like someone is karate chopping a piece of wood in my cabinet? It sounds like someone is cracking in half in there... wtf??

You can turn off the "match" feature in the settings menu. It's just another 10 second delay for me to start another game, so that setting is turned off on all my games.

2 weeks later
#2604 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agree, those aren't from or about the hobbit or LOTR. Looks more like Warcraft or something generic. I may get mirrored blades if no one does true hobbit blades.

I'm holding out for the PowerBladez for TH from PinGraffix. Take a look at what they did for the MET Creeping Death version. Everyone lobby PinGraffix to work on the TH version next in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-which-powerbladez-would-you-like-to-see-pingraffix

The more votes in our favor the better!

#2606 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Photo of paper sheet protection of cabinet side wall, mirror blades, or decal with PF raising.

That's a good idea. Some people also put self-sticking felt material along the side of the wood playfield. I might do that too.

#2608 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Holy cow. I didn't know such PowerBladez cabinet sides were in existence. I went to the thread a voted for the Hobbit. What is the cost? Maybe I should have waited on purchasing the mirrored black side mirrors!!!

That's why they have that "poll" thread - to see what the interest is for which theme to take on next. They have matching speaker grills too. I think the animated PowerBladez were $299. I hope they do a TH version soon. I'm holding out for it. They said one for ACDC is about to be released. I'll likely get that one too.

Vote, vote, vote!

Now we just need an animated AND interactive topper for TH!

#2621 7 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I bought the Weta Smaug Bust from Black Friday deals as well to put in as a topper We are trying to figure out today how to install it - what is your plan, how to put it in its place?

Where did you buy it? I never saw it go (or caught it) on sale on Ebay. I want to keep on eye out for another sale.

#2634 7 years ago

Something that I don't understand yet ... Sometimes some of the "Lock" roll-overs turn red after I have the 3rd lock waiting. Sometimes the red ones turn green when I roll over them, sometimes the green ones turn red (I think), but not all the time. What am I qualifying with that and should I be trying for the red or green roll-overs?

#2637 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet/page/3#post-3421626 - Page 26.
In short - separation of book and smaug multiballs.
More specifically, the lock buttons operate two sets of locks. Ramp locks and orbit locks.
Full Text.
Book Mode Multiball allows you to start a mode as a multiball. To do so you must light locks and then
lock balls via the green lit orbits. Up to 3 balls may be locked for Book Mode Multiball.
Book Mode Multiball locks are lit after spelling LOCK for Smaug Multiball. A Sneak In lock is also possible
by a slow/soft orbit shot that falls into the hidden hole.
Note: If you lock a ball for Smaug Multiball the Book Mode Multiball locks will remain lit and vice versa.
Note: When locking balls via the orbits the magnet behind Smaug will capture the ball and divert it to
the hidden hole and then right VUK.
Note: If you are in a mode it is not possible to lock balls for book mode multiball although the Smaug
Locks are still available.
After two Book Mode Multiballs you’ll need to spell LOCK independently of Smaug Multiball (red colored
instead of just green colored LOCK)

Thanks ... still a little unclear, but I get the general concept. It's another multiball mode. I'll have to read up on what to do once the lock roll-overs are all red. I have not got them all red yet.

#2650 7 years ago

We've only had our Hobbit setup for a few weeks now and it's very addicting. Been playing it almost every day, learning the rules and strategies. I got grand champion on 2 consecutive games yesterday (highest just over 2 million now), so I'm getting there. My son was surprised that my wife and I don't know the storyline to understand some of what is going on - we never saw the movies, but love the game. For Christmas my son bought us the blue ray DVDs of the trilogy. Very thoughtful, but he unknowing is feeding the addiction. We will be watching the movies tomorrow to get a better understanding. That's strange ... watching a movie trilogy to understand a pinball game better. I guess we ARE weird like my kids claim.

#2677 7 years ago

I keep getting a ball stuck on top of the "E" pop up targets in "ELF" when it is down. When it pops up, it launches the ball real hard and loud into the glass. Anybody do a mod to stop that? I don't want it to break the glass.

#2679 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

You can twist up the height adjustment screw to raise E drop ever so slightly and the ball probably won't rest there as much.

Thanks! I'll try that.

#2685 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thinking about getting a hobbit. Can someone please tell me what the maximum height is with the legs off, head faded down? I have just under 31" of room in my 2016 pilot. Thx.

I measure about 32 inches. Great pin if you like pins that have many modes that "request" that you make specific shots in a specific order that the playfield and callouts indicate to get the most points. I love it! So do my wife and adult kids. Very addicting game play.

2 weeks later
#2776 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

BEATMASTER'S BARREL SPOTLIGHTS INSTALLED!

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I received a set of my barrels and was about to try to see how I can make them fit without taking away too much of the site lines to the targets. I think your way will lift them up enough for that. Do the lights still shine on the beasts ok? Or is that why you got the different bulbs ... brighter to go farther for the same lighting effect? Most of the light on the beasts comes from under the play field and through the plastic "fix" in front of them anyhow. If I like how the first set works out and look at all the 4 locations, I might buy another set. Great looking accent mod from beatmaster !

I have a prototype Hobbit themed pincup coming soon from modfather too. I will post pics of it on my machine for him when I get it in the next week or two. Watch for that as it "may" add to the barrel accent looks too (TBD).

1 week later
#2807 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It doesn't distinguish between played and completed modes.

I thought it would put a gold outline around the mode hexagon tile. That's what it appears to do with mine. Maybe I'm wrong.

#2808 7 years ago

Ok ... I got my ModFather shipment in and here are some pics of the Hobbit themed shooter rod and his prototype of the Hobbit themed pincup. I like them both a lot. The pics on his website and even my pics do not do them justice. It is hard to take good pics of shades of brown and cooper colors. The first pics are in real bright lights to show the details. The last 2 pics are how the look in normal ambient light. The barrel pincup really goes well with the theme of the pin. I told him I would post pics, so I did the best I could with them. If you like how they look, give him a thumbs up.

ModFather1 (resized).jpgModFather1 (resized).jpg

ModFather2 (resized).jpgModFather2 (resized).jpg

ModFather3 (resized).jpgModFather3 (resized).jpg

ModFather4 (resized).jpgModFather4 (resized).jpg

ModFather5 (resized).jpgModFather5 (resized).jpg

ModFather6 (resized).jpgModFather6 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2861 7 years ago

Are you guys removing the JJP sticker first? Or just putting this on over the top? If you are removing the sticker, does it come off easy, or is there a trick to do it without too much scraping off?

1 week later
#2916 7 years ago

How in the world do you spell "RACE" on the Hobbit?

20170214_210822 (resized).jpg20170214_210822 (resized).jpg

#2924 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think you spell a particular race (like man, elf, dwarf)

I guess I had a blonde moment. Dah. I "get it" now ... didn't realize those were classified as a "race" of something in that meaning. There isn't individual modes for that section that I've seen, so shouldn't it be more like "Shoot characters AND spell all races to qualify mode"? Maybe more modes will be in updated code for those.

1 week later
#2954 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Picked up this really nice shooter rod from modfather, much better than the stock shooter. Flash washes it out a little, but itspp a perfect color match for the bronze on my LE.

I got one of those ... +1 on it looks great. Ya gotta get rid of that red pincup though and get the modfather version. That look awesome too. I got his prototype and it looks really good.

#2963 7 years ago

The magnet above the barrel popper top entrance - I never noticed, but I don't think mine has ever worked. When during the game should it activate? I checked the connector and it came apart real easy, so maybe it was a loose connection. My wife & I played a couple half hour long games after that this morning and we did not see it catch a ball. Before I go through the process of going through the test menu to see if I can trigger the magnet on in test mode, I want to know what should trigger it to turn on to make sure that works too.

#2968 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I editted my post above, thanks.
Yes that magnet only is used for the mode that drops the ball into the pops from the orbit shot.
So for now its barely used, I think.
Maybe future code updates will start using it for something else maybe, or drop into the pops during a miltiball mode like barrel escape.

Ok thanks. That explains it. Thanks for the explanation guys. Glad I don't "appear" to have a problem with it then. I hope more future code variety will be on its way soon, and maybe use it.

#2970 7 years ago

The magnet above the pops is only used in maybe 1 mode so far I think.

The magnet was used during "Barrel Escape" I noticed last night ... unless another mode was also piggy backing at the time.

1 week later
#3005 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'd like to add some inner art decals/blades. I normally like to go with art versus mirror but does anyone have any pics they can share of what they have on their Hobbit?

I'm waiting for the Pingraffix interactive light up blades.

#3007 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Is that in production for Hobbit?

They're working on it and will be one of the next ones released last I saw/heard. Anticipating ... I hope it turns out great!

3 weeks later
#3125 7 years ago

What do you guys/gals think? A gold (brass plated) captive ball.

20170404_203015 (resized).jpg20170404_203015 (resized).jpg

20170404_202931 (resized).jpg20170404_202931 (resized).jpg

#3139 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

where did you get them...and will they hold up? Are they same weight has the 'standard' ones?

I got them from the pinball plating website

http://pinballplatingandmore.com/t/pinballs

I asked them if they would hold up enough for a captive ball application and they claim it does just fine there. I only got one to try out. they seem the same weight. I'm guessing the finish would not hold up too well with normal play, but the captive ball doesn't see much abuse.

I also got the gold (brass) plated coin slots and just installed them. It brings them out and makes them look good. Still undecided though ... maybe they should just stay black and "blend in" with the black coin door.

20170405_213146[1] (resized).jpg20170405_213146[1] (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3196 6 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Relatively new Smaug owner. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find instructions on how to play Hobbit? For instance, many have mentioned beating Smaug, but I have no idea how to go about it. I enjoy the game, but am just shooting randomly at targets. Other than Smaug multiball, I have no idea what I am doing. I suspect the game will become much more addictive one I learn what I am doing!

This is a good reference:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet/page/3#post-3421626

#3198 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anybody try the true color plastic protectors from pinballbulbs? I currently have washers in my games, but wanted to upgrade.

I read about 3-4 months ago that they did not leave enough room for the ball to drop from the ramp returns and the guy that bought them had to modify them to make them work. I hope that they fixed that ... I like the look of those too. Has anybody ordered a set recently?

#3205 6 years ago
Quoted from udo:

has someone disassemble the hobbit machine to move it upstairs? are there things to look out for?
gr udo

An Escalera ... it saves the following:

Quoted from meSz:

a hernia comes to mind!

I bought an Escalera and love it. It does not get used much, but my back and balls thank me every time it does get used. My son thanks me now too.

#3217 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

1 - Is there the same JJ innovation in TH as WOZ? When you first bought it, were you guys learning new game play and thinking, 'Wow, that is cool! Can't believe they thought to do that...'
2 - Should I do it? ha ha

1- Yes
2- Yes

I own both and my family enjoys them the most. TH is a good home pin as it will take a while to figure things out and learn strategies. With 32 modes, it is pretty entertaining to us. We've had the TH for 7 months and we are still in the honeymoon phase with it. It'll be a keeper. I would advise to read the rulesheet in that thread to see if it is just too much depth. It's too much for some ... not for me. Still learning and figuring things out as I progress deeper into the game.

#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I picked up one of the Hobbit manuals. Was a little reluctant for $100 but will admit the manual is done VERY nice and has a deluge of info in it! It's not just limited to the typical manual stuff (Adjustments, Settings, Technical etc.) but also a lot of pictures/stories on the making of the game. Steps through the different white-woods, artwork, features etc.! VERY nice manual and worth the money (imo)!
Thanks Lloyd for posting that it was now available as I wasn't aware!!!

Is the manual you bought the same one that can be downloaded from the website - version 3.0 Dec 2016?

1 week later
#3307 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Does anyone makes a shooter rod knob for the Hobbits LE in the same bronz metallic as the rest of the pinn ?

modfather does. I have one and it matches the color scheme pretty well. The website colors are off a bit from reality.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/hobbit/products/hobbit-custom-shooter-rod
If you look at the pics on that site for the pincup, you will see my shooter rod in some of the pics and that if matches pretty well.

#3328 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Thanks backalleymatt! Match Smaug's gold perfectly. Great job!

I bought those flipper toppers too and like them ... haven't gotten around to putting them on yet though. I like the black flipper rubber ... looks good with those toppers. I might have to copy that look.

#3335 6 years ago

As soon as the ball goes up the right ramp for the book mode, look at the book to see what mode and what shots it is asking for. The ball purposely hangs in the windlance launch out lane for a couple of seconds to give you that time for a glance. Most book mode required shots are lit up yellow for ramps, drop targets, holes, and orbit shots so when it switches to the next required shot and doesn't have a call out ... and you don't have a second to look at the book, look for the yellow lights on those features. Sometimes they are flashing blue or red. If the "time" light is lit on the left ramp and you are down to one ball in that mode, sometimes shooting for that ramp is a better option if your required target is on the right side of the playfield and the ball is approaching the right flipper. That then gives you more time for the mode and a 1 or 2 second glance at the book.

#3338 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

does it always tell you what lights to shoot for? I don't recall seeing that

The book will not tell you the colors, it calls the next shot needed specifically ... like "Shoot right ramp". For the book modes those are usually the yellow/amber lights for what you need. When in the bigger modes, blue is usually a "jackpot" shot, red is an important shot as well as flashing shots. When not in any mode, look at the lights in front of the stand up targets. If they are purple, then the yellow target behind the standups need to be hit to qualify that particular dwarf listed there. (Saying that, I'm not sure if purple is just new to the beta code or if it was there before.)

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Do you guys think if they has callouts, and not so confusing lights, will this be a great game or just okay?

There is more to come. WOZ got way better as the code progressed and so far the same holds true for TH. More call outs would be great. For the non-book modes (the more major arkenstone modes), there is just so much going on. I would highly advise to read the TH Rulesheet that tiesmasc made up in that thread to understand what you have to do for those modes. Understanding that will make a big difference instead of relying on call outs and lights. You will know which direction to wildly shoot for with all of those balls in those modes.

1 month later
#3574 6 years ago

Great code update - spectacular! We love the reserve ball setting and have been playing it that way since the beta was out (1.95P). Light shows are great, more call outs help, and the added book instructions during the main major arkenstone modes help to polish this game. Future completion modes that are hoped for (even by Keith) would be great.

Just to vent ... With all these modes and things (like specific call out shots) that need to be accomplished in the game, it cracks me up every time one of these "great" pinball players say that any pin (but especially the deep coded JJP pins) is easy and boring. Fine - after you set it to the hardest setting and do the same, move on to the next game to conquer and ridicule. The majority of the owners love the theatrical entertainment value of the JJP pins. This is a "Owners Thread". Yes, it could probably get "old" for those that are super great "serious" players ... ok ... so ... move on. The rest of us will have fun just playing them ... and for guests to have fun too. That's what mostly sells to homes (fun), and I'm pretty sure that is JJP's main target customer. The locations get the games exposure for those to discover them and want one for the entertaining adventure of figuring it out, polishing their skills, and attempting to conquer it. The fun pins get into homes to be played. Personal special themes sell, but if the game is not fun, it sets ... and guests would soon move on to the fun games very quickly.

I know some of the "great" pinball players that play tournaments all the time might disagree ... ok ... so what. If I was that great at pinball, I would still have my favorite "fun" pins. Variety in pinball is a good thing.

Keep up the great work JJP employees, contract help and suppliers!

1 month later
#3696 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Anyone find good side art for the hobbit?

I'm waiting to see what the new TH Pingraffix PowerBladez look like for this. They keep saying it will be out real soon. (???)

1 month later
#3838 6 years ago

Got a Weta party magnet ... this looks like a good place for it.

20170919_194953 (resized).jpg20170919_194953 (resized).jpg

I also got a Hobbit movie crew gift. Internet shows it is legitimate, so I am happy with the find.

20170919_195109 (resized).jpg20170919_195109 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Dwarf drop target(s) pops up and kicks the ball up, smashing the spotlight (above these targets) and bending its bracket.
Anybody else?

Elf Targets ... ball smacks the glass REAL hard.

#3963 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean like the white nylon screw at the bottom of each target position just for this ? Loosen nut, raise or lower with screw. Retighten the nut.
LTG : )

I made this adjustment a while ago and the ball does not get stuck on the E anymore. Definitely do that. Mine pops the glass a few ways ... mostly during multiballs or during the modes that pop the targets up and down.

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Do what? In my case, the ball was not stuck. The ball was just at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
Know what I mean?

Yes I do. Happens occasionally now for me. Before it would get stuck often on the "E" and followed what LTG said to adjust that row of targets. It happens on the dwarf targets rarely for me, but usually that is during a mode that pops the targets up and down.

1 month later
#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from IceFang:

From your photo, it appears you are experiencing the same thing I did with the head of that black tie strap trapping the ball. Refer to the following link for the fix that solved my issue. I hope this works for you, too!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-setup-tweaks-and-adjustments/page/10#post-3544335

Mine does that too. Thanks for the easy solution.

1 week later
#4112 6 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Has anyone purchased & installed Rock Custom's interactive under cabinet lighting? Is it easy to install? Any reviews?

I have one on the way for WOZ. In a month or two, I'll get the TH version.

#4122 6 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Did you purchase it from Rock Custom Pinball or Mezel Mods? Did you get the deluxe version? I interfaced with Chris & he said that even though there is a deluxe version listed on his Rock Custom website, there isn't one for the Hobbit.

Interesting ... I bought the WOZ deluxe from Rock Custom Pinball last weekend. If there isn't a deluxe yet for Hobbit, there will be soon because he told me he could do it. He knows my long term plans (he has a list sent to him in a PM) for most of my pins and I'm splitting it up to one per month. A new DILE is on order from Joe and that will be tacked on to the end of the list once that pin arrives.

#4123 6 years ago

On the code ... Keith said he will revisit the TH code a few times now. Top priority is JJPOTC code and having 1.0 (complete) or higher code when released. That's the way it is. Seeing the progress Keith made on WOZ, he will return to TH with something good. I remember JJP (and Keith) saying that there were others coding working with him in the later stages of WOZ (when TH was coming out). So they are working as a team. Right now all effort is going into JJPOTC - that would mean as a team. I can wait for the TH (knowing what he and his team did with WOZ over time).

All the whining about TH being too easy (not too easy for me by any means), don't choose the book mode ... take what it gives you. Not so easy anymore. TH is absolutely fantastic to me. More depth for us deep divers is always wanted ... for any game.

Ted is doing a great job coding on DI. He is listening to us and trying to help (through code) with some quirks that some pins have. The JJP coders are the best from what I see, and doing great! I'd be interested to know how many lines of code are already in TH. The more complex the game is with multiple things going on at the same time and the newer technology, the more complex the code. All the nested if-then-else statements ...

Just my 2 cents.

1 month later
#4234 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

The U-turn hardware is screaming to be better utilized in this game. The diverter could even randomly be used to block intended ramp shots?

If you "attempt back stab" using the ring button option, the ramp diverter goes down. Maybe award extra points if you accomplish doing the U turn and do actually back stab the beast on that side of the playfield.

1 month later
#4432 6 years ago

From mediocre players (my wife & me), Hobbit is a fantastic pinball machine as is. So is DI and WOZ for that matter. If they are "just" making a final wizard mode for TH, I wouldn't see it for a while or very often (gotta play better), so the urgency for us is not there. Any new code to advance these JJP pins to a new level or polish them off is very welcome and would refresh our addiction to the games. I would award Keith and Ted a beer if I ever meet them in a bar sometime for their good work that (I think) goes above and beyond - dilly, dilly! They (and their team) both do very fine top notch work that puts JJP at a higher standard and leaves the owners with pitchforks wanting MORE ... and wanting it NOW. Patience ... they said that their main concentration is on the new JJPOTC pin until it is released and that they WILL come back to TH and DI. Hearing that they ARE spending time on TH again and that they are waiting on some more animations for DI reinforces that ... thank you for that update Ted. JJPOTC must be close to production.

JJP coding team --> Keep up the good work and we look forward to whatever new code you will entertain us with. Keep feeding our addictions ...

1 week later
#4465 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Some of you guys need to remember that pinball games need to appeal to every level of player, the novice, the mid level, and the expert.

I agree. Tournament type players and pinball "traditional purists" seem to have opinions that it's not a big challenge or that they don't like it. It has been a popular JJP seller. My wife and I are mediocre players and think all of the JJP pins are fantastic. We (generally all pinball geeks) always want more ways to have fun with our pinball machines to freshen up the excitement/entertainment/experience ... and JJP listens, and sometimes adjusts based on what pinsiders say/ask. There are several ways to make the game harder through settings, removing the center post, opening up the side posts, etc just as JJP has advised to those that think it is too easy. For Hobbit and those that think it is too easy, why do you seem to choose the easiest book modes to play? Take the one that is given to you. Maybe JJP should have that as a setting to turn off that ability to change the book modes with the flippers for those that want a more difficult game.

Just for the record, I do like a few of the Stern pins too that also have that "fun factor". But won't slam them or compliment(?) them here. Most of the designers and coders don't read pinside anyway (so some of them have claimed at shows/expos).

4 weeks later
#4602 5 years ago

I love the long battles with the machine and all of the multiballs. That intense work out is a total blast and adrenaline rush to me. Then I'll go and play a different game for the contrast. Like others have said, scoring is secondary to me, but completing the modes is the challenge. I say put in a setting to not allow the last second book mode changes with the flippers to get to the easiest ones. Now you have more variety and a tougher challenge for those in need of that.

I'd still like to see a list of what people think the "easiest" book modes are in case I feel like taking advantage of that way of stacking it in my favor.

#4651 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The whole star raiting bonus concept sounds very cool as it creates a reason for completing multiple modes.
With the new code someone could complete 3 one or two star modes, and reach all 3 Arkenstone modes.
However, there's a good chance a player with more modes completed, and higher star rated modes completed, can play 1 Arkenstone mode and get a higher score then the player that rushes to reach all 3. Can't wait.

The scoring is all good for competition and all, but I still like the idea of rewards for completing modes too. They are doing both, which is very good to hear.

#4685 5 years ago

I think the current game code is great and the polish/enhancements that they are talking about will make it even better. I'm looking forward to get it and try it out. I'm not good enough yet to be able to see super wizard "I beat the game" modes, but it'll be good to know that there is something there to shoot for. JJP puts out some great pins.

1 month later
#4802 5 years ago

^^^ What he said ^^^

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack recently made a comment on the JJP Owner Google Group that a meaningful update is coming at some point soon

Didn't see that you had posted that on the new page ...

1 week later
#4816 5 years ago

Woohoo! New Hobbit code next week Friday. Can't wait to see it! Might just be a JJP Live showing it instead of a release, we will see.

From Hogbog ...
LIVESTREAM. @3pm Central 07/06/2018 on https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Has there been some kind of announcement that new code for Hobbit is being released or even shown? I'm confused.

The JJP Software group sent out a tweet that no live stream today but there would be a possible surprise later this week. Then there was this post in the JJP Live Pinside thread shortly after that:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-live/page/3#post-4468430

That indicates that there would be a JJP Live stream on 7/6 to show "New. Hobbit. Code." So we can speculate the rest of the week on if both are correct and something will happen by the end of this week too. Or … maybe the tweet was supposed to say next Friday. Pinsiders (including me) always hope for the best scenario for them when clues come out directly from JJP. Something to look forward to anyway.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Maybe some new info at Pintastic this weekend.

Okay … the Colorado show Pinsiders were not very good at investigative reporting. Lets see if the other side of the country is any better. Come on Pintastic Pinsiders … find out what's going on at JJP and let us know. At least some more clues.

1 week later
#4949 5 years ago

As someone earlier mentioned, check the washers you added to the beasts to avoid wires being crimped. One of mine was bent and it was very close to pinching the wires. Replaced the washer and ready to go for the new release.

#4958 5 years ago

Family is loving the updates and more call outs. Great additions and things to help the player know what to do and if/when modes are completed.

#4964 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Twice know the insert lights have locked up during play. The game plays fine but the insert lights are frozen

Something I noticed too … maybe it's supposed to be this way now in this version, but when not in a mode both ramps and the right hole spear inserts are always solid red. Is that by design?

We have to get used to the blue verses purple ring button light. We'll get there, but we keep thinking the blue is purple.

We like the star ratings for the book modes, but one suggestion for the future … could you (JJP) add the star rating to the top or bottom of the small book LCD screen when the mode is in the queue to be played. I don't think most people will remember which modes are what stars except for maybe the extremes. That would help with setting up which book mode we should setup to play. Not important, but would be helpful. [We always want more, don't we. ]

The new code is great and refreshing our interest to play the game in different ways. Thanks JJP!

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I also miss the louder Gandalf "MULTIBALL!" call out to start smaug multiball and miss Smaug talking to me after the game ends. Other than that, I am loving the new code. But my games are so much shorter as I'm trying to complete harder modes!

+4 from this family agrees

1 month later
#5197 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Maybe it's just me...but is anybody else concerned about the lack of available parts for The Hobbit on Jersey Jack's site? They've been sold out of some parts for a few years now. I'm mostly concerned about the one of kind parts like the metal ramps, the book monitor assembly, Smaug assembly, all 4 beast popup assemblies...the big ticket mechanical items that can fail or be beaten to a pulp...

I wouldn't worry about it at this point ... unless you need something right away. Jack told me a couple of weeks ago that they will be doing another run of the TH Black Arrows later this year. Currently their facility is packed with parts and Jack was grumbling a bit that he didn't like having millions of dollars worth of parts just sitting in the building being stored (per say). Some shelves were literally stacked to the ceiling - probably mostly waiting for the JJPOTC production to ramp up. I'm guessing that once those parts start to clear out, they will start to order TH parts for the next run of those. DI is being produced on their mini production line currently. Guessing that once they catch up on those later this fall that TH will go back on that line - pure speculation there. All that being said, if you want some specific unique and more expensive "spare" parts because of your concern, I'd let them know (send Jen or Frank an email) so that they can order a few more extras for the next TH run. Just my suggestion.

#5199 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Should we all be doing this?

I wouldn't worry about TH parts personally. They will being ordering another batch of them.

#5201 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Sure. But ordering parts for another build run is different than ordering parts for longevity and support, no?
He's right, parts have been out-of-stock on the web site for a long time.
So yes, concern is there as far as long time planning and support?

That would be a good question for JJP people on if they will continue to stock these parts once they stop making the pins. My guess is that they would for at least a few years. But even finding plastic ramps for Stern pins is sometimes very hard or unobtainable after a few years. So ... at some point the part support would stop. What the JJP plan is for that is a good question.

#5204 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Agreed. I'd buy the breakable parts now if they offered me a choice, and keep them. Not the ramps though, they are metal after all.
Metal brackets and mechanical parts and such can easily be handmade (well, some). Molded plastics, not so much...

I'd probably buy a spare Smaug assembly when they do their last run. Maybe JJP should have a non-warranty wait/want list for some of these major "spare parts" for customers so that they can order extras to cover it. A "little tiny bit" more revenue for them just by changing a number on a parts order form to a vendor.

#5211 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Thanks for the info. I work for a semiconductor manufacturer, and in an optimal Lean Manufacturing environment, you don't stock large quantities (millions of dollars worth) of parts - you have a pull system that triggers a re-order when inventory falls below a certain level. Sounds like Jack could really benefit by that kind of system, but lead times might make that impossible. As long as we know we can get the parts even if the website is incorrect that works for me. I think Back Alley made the Smaug figure and beast heads so they might offer those in the future even if JJP doesn't, and servos and coils can be found elsewhere. I'm mostly concerned about custom metal pieces and boards that are found within the assemblies.

Jack showed me a couple of screens on their software system for inventory. It's pretty cool. If you click on a part, it will show how many are in stock and will show the drawings for it. They check some of the part dimensions when they arrive to make sure that they are within tolerances. I think they just got a stock pile of JJPTOC parts over the last 6 months as they were preparing for production but delays were happening, so they kept ordering parts to keep the DI production line going. Jack did say that they can check when inventory is getting low and more parts need to be ordered through the system. Sounded kind of like one of those "just in time" kind of inventory systems. A lot of people went on vacation over parts of the summer and JJP hired more people too.

Based off of what a few of you are saying you heard from Frank, I'm speculating that the part count for non-production parts (that would be available to us on the website) may not have been getting updated for the website. The website part store is probably low priority for them. Databases are great (I made and manage a few for the company I work for), but if you don't keep feeding it accurate data, then everyone blames the database for being at fault.

Also guessing that Back Alley had to sign an agreement to not sell the unique JJP production parts to us - ever. Otherwise … I'd buy a few production parts they make from them for sure.

4 weeks later
#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

This is from a YouTube video. Is there a way to see how many balls you have left that shows more than 3 balls at a time? I lose track of how many extra balls I've gained. This picture was from 2.0 and there was no "shoot again" light present. Maybe this feature went away? Or maybe there is a setting I'm missing? There is a German video with the same thing present...
[quoted image]

If the "reserve ball" option is turned on and you play a multi-player game, you would not see a "shoot again" but the ball image x3 would change to x4 for you if you won an extra ball. Each player gets a turn for one ball in the rotation. Once a player runs out of balls (think cleanly), they are out of the game* and the rest of the players continue to cycle through the rotation.

* If there are less than 4 players in the game, another player can join the rotation during the game by pressing the start button and have the full number of balls that a game is set for (default is 3).

There's better explanations of this setting, but this is the general idea.

#5358 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Jesus this game is deep but the video was a one player game, as far as I could tell. Would that happen with just one player?

I know that with that option on, yes, if you won an extra ball, the ball image with the "x3" would turn to "x4". If you won yet another ball before draining, the "x4" would change to "x5" and so on … until you reach the maximum extra balls allowed - which is also a menu setting.

#5370 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I'm not sure how to blow up this game except for linear progression through smaug multiballs and a wizard mode. At any point I don't feel like there is an opportunity for any mind blowing scoring shot.

From what I've seen of the newest code and postings here from Ted, the scoring advantage is in completing the harder modes and "completing" more or all of them, not just playing them. If you complete a 5 star book mode you will earn more points than a 1 star book mode when you play in the "Into the Fire" wizard/mode as so on down the line progression. If you play all of the book modes, you will get a wizard mode - the more book modes you "complete" (and higher stared difficulty ones), the more points you will get. If you are good, there are ways to "blow up the score" by just completing the harder book modes before going into the arkenstone modes. I think I even read that if you complete multiple map quests, the multiplier goes up - but could be wrong on that.

#5446 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

list of right flipper shots/uses for someone that uses it all the time? I would love to skim and see what I might be missing......

Besides the Smaug shot, when the ball comes out of the barrel pops and goes into the right orbit then comes down to that flipper, you hit the captive ball for decent points (like a skill shot) and I think towards a ball save on the left out lane (?). Its a shot that gives some worthwhile rewards. I don't know of other upper flipper skill shot type of rewards.

#5461 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So what happens when you have started all the modes, and want to start another? Do you then to TABA and after that all the modes reset? Or do all the ones you didn’t finish reset?

* Before the code update * I did that once and they all reset after a Arkenstone mode. My ego was deflated when that happened - I had to start over. Just guessing that if the book modes are the qualifiers for Arkenstone, you just wont get anymore book modes until the Arkenstone is played. Also guessing that TABA would play right after the last mode times out or is completed, which would be before you shoot the Arkenstone shot/hole. (???) [Speculating]

#5478 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

Thanks so much. One further question on this.....I turned it on and see where it's displaying on the screen. If on the first ball, I get 2 extra balls will it show all of those balls or just max out at 3 on the screen? What if I was to get really lucky and get 3 or 4 extra balls on the 1st ball. Will it show all of those? What's the maximum it displays on the screen?

The number will show the 3 balls + add any extra balls you earn. There is a maximum extra balls setting in the menu. I think the default setting is a maximum of 5 extra balls. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

#5482 5 years ago

This is for screaminr from the question in the JJPOTC club thread …

For connecting TH to a external sub, I used what Pinnovators recommended and it works great. First I bought an RCA splitter for the sub connection at the back of the box from Amazon, then a RCA to STEREO 3.5mm adapter at monoprice:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7241
20181004_200043 (resized).jpg20181004_200043 (resized).jpg
then used the Pinnovators 3.5mm stereo cable and routed that out through the back under a small access plate (that no one knows what it is for) that has the 4 screws (just pinched the wire casing a touch with it so that it wouldn't get accidentally pulled), then to the Pinnovators sub splitter.
20181004_200057 (resized).jpg20181004_200057 (resized).jpg
I had bought 5 of those monoprice adapters because they were cheap but had questionable reviews - all 5 worked. Pinnovators said that they never had or heard of a problem with them. Their theory was that it was best to have the sound coming from both a RH and LH audio channel. I have that setup with the adapters for both my WOZ and TH and the sound is great.

If nothing else it can give you an idea of what to do. I see that the monoprice RCA to 3.5 stereo is out of stock until 10/25, so if you want one I will bring one to Expo with me and give it to you for 50 cents. I don't have another extra RCA splitter though. Let me know ...

#5485 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to explain everything so clearly , really appreciate it . With The Hobbit having such a good sound setup how much difference does the extra sub make .

I guess that it depends on your taste and preferences. I like the external sub as it gives you better adjustments to accentuate the bass like a movie theater. You can possibly do some of that with the speaker in the pin, but then you are rattling the pin more when you are looking for the sound. When the sound levels increase for the intensity of the various modes is when the difference is most prevalent. Just my opinion. The existing JJP sound systems are great for pins either way.

1 week later
#5536 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Just curious, what are your "must have" mods for this machine?

One that you didn't mention that I have is I bought a shinny gold colored newton ball and captive ball. Nothing spectacular, but fits the theme better. The finish has held up well.
http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/newton-ball

#5538 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Good idea, where did you get the gold newton ball

The link is there … from the pinballplating.com (the hot rod arcade guys) The "regular" captive ball can be bought there too.

#5540 5 years ago

Some pics of my gold (brass) balls after a few hundred plays.

20181017_220920 (resized).jpg20181017_220920 (resized).jpg20181017_221005 (resized).jpg20181017_221005 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5597 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Added the gold captive ball. Nice touch. We will see how long they look nice and shiny.[quoted image]

I've had mine for a year ... maybe 500 plays or so and not a mark on them. I do touch them up with some of the wax I put on the playfield to keep the shine going whenever I clean up the playfield. I agree that it is a nice touch.

1 week later
#5650 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Will 2.99 be added to the JJP support page or will it be 3.0 when that happens?

It will be 3.0 (or higher). Ted is still finalizing a few things and it will be a "full install".

#5653 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s up now. It’s now 2.991.

That's on the JJP forum and the final beta test. The JJP website will likely have 3.0 for download soon (guessing a few days or week) if all goes well.

#5679 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You're probably right - I feel the same but I just want MBr too much I guess. The only answer is 'Get Both' right?
EDIT: By the way - I moved the question to the SDTM thread.

You would have to sell that Weta Smaug bust if you sell the pin. ?!?

#5685 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

People keep talking about how Smaug's audio is so expanded and varied. I think someone even said after many games they haven't heard the same audio twice? What am I missing? I installed 2.991 and it is still the same audio clips for locking balls as its always been. I heard a few additional quotes at other points of the game, but it feels like a minor addition, not the major expansion people seem to be describing. Do I need to do something different?

Try not locking the 3rd ball for a while. Lots of added comments/heckling after 2 balls are locked.

#5687 5 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I recently purchased a new black arrow. I have noticed that the smaug magnet catches the ball less often then when I first started playing. Is this dictated by force/speed that the ball is traveling? I would assume the magnet would be less likely to catch the ball before the drop if traveling at a faster speed. My concern is the playfield getting beaten up from the constant drop. I do have cliffy’s on order.

My Smag magnet catches the ball less now also. Is there a intensity setting?

#5690 5 years ago

No, it catches it sometimes. But usually not. Used to catch it all the time.

#5693 5 years ago

The 2nd ball catch hasnt worked since very early code.
Now only the first ball and maybe the 3rd balls stop.
But it's normal for only the first ball to stop.

I vote to bring it back then. That is a better pause while waiting for the animations then it disappearing and pausing. But a very minor thing. Thanks for posting that this is normal now.

1 week later
#5732 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Does anyone have an idea of how long the Hobbit Black Arrow edition will be produced? I want to get one eventually, but have a TNA coming soon, so ideally wanting to wait a little bit before getting the Hobbit. I don't want to miss out on being able to get a NIB one in the future, though.

My info is probably outdated by now as JJP is very driven by the market demand, but ... when I was at the factory last summer, Jack told me that there would be another Hobbit run "at the end of the year". That timing could have slipped based on the demand of their other pins. At the time, JJPOTC was ramping up and they had just moved the DI production to their second mini production line. I know that the main line is still making JJPOTC (soon the CEs) and will be still on that line through at least January, switching back to the LEs after Christmas. If the DI demand has been filled or close to it, they might switch the mini line over to Hobbits - just a wild speculation.

With the info above, call or email Jen or Jack to see when Hobbits will be made again. They probably wont say if the next run is the last because if the demand is there, and they still have the license, they will still make them. But ... I think the demand for Hobbits is dying down now.

#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

god I hope not, that was the best part and if so...…...why?

They did not get rid of it. It only does not appear after you have to enter you initials for high scores and those awards. Ted said that he will fix that in the next update … probably not soon. I think they are working hard and concentrating on getting the next new pin ready for reveal probably in March.

1 month later
#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have an odd issue. After my hobbit pin has been on for about 6-8 hours, the sound starts to get choppy, and eventually, stops working altogether. Powering the machine off and on fixes it. Ideas?

I had that happen at a long party and Ted told me and posted that he has it fixed in the next release.

1 month later
#6609 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Keep a eye out on Amazon as the Polk Subs go on sale often. It’s not as if you need a sub right away so wait for a sale.

Just bought one 2 days ago on Amazon for $89 for this pin - on sale for their prices. Rarely will Amazon go below that.

#6619 5 years ago

It is slightly different instructions (for those interested) that use the Pinnovators sub mixer to put more than 1 pin on each sub. Pinnovators recommends that you use both the right and left channels for the best sound. Not mandatory, but this was based on their test results. The link below shows the slight differences using the Pinnovators 3.5mm stereo cable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/110#post-4620192

2 weeks later
#6709 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I was thinking that it would have been real neat to see the JJPOTC spinning barrel pop bumpers on this pin. Would have fit the theme more on this game imo. Anybody who can make this mod has my money.

I am working on my own custom topper that will slowly spin Weta Hobbit Barrel dudes for maybe 5 seconds when the pops in the game are hit with maybe some sort of light pattern on them. Working on it occasionally. If it works out, I will share the details.

3 weeks later
#6782 5 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

When is the middle ramp diverter used to send it back down the other ramp? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed it being used.

Quoted from Pimp77:

It’s used in the mode “Moon Runes” as the most accessible place. It is also used during the second arkenstone mode.

It also is used when you press the ring button when "Backstab" is available for the beasts. I don't really know when that is really needed for that though or the advantage for it ... I just try for direct hits to the beasts.

1 month later
#7043 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I stopped by Lyons Classic Pinball a few weeks ago and the owner had an external powered subwoofer attached to an Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle. All I can say is WOW, I need one of these on my hobbit. I know that their have been brief discussions of this topic but I am curious to get recommendations on subwoofer make/model for The Hobbit? Also, I assume this just connects up to the leads on the existing cabinet sub? Oh yeah, is it possible to connect a single subwoofer to multiple games?

Pinnovators has a submixer that you can adjust the volume of each input for fine tuning. You can connect up to 4 pins, but the sound is pretty far away at that point. I have found that 3 pins is the max for me, with the sub under the center pin. Sound quality is just fine with multiple pins going.

A sub is "almost" a must have for Hobbit - it really makes a difference on this one more than a lot of other pins.

#7049 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Has anyone done gold balls for the captive balls? I think it would look pretty sharp. I would just need to find them.

Yes - they look great. Contact hotrodarcade.com (which is also pinballplating.com). I also got gold colored (not really plated) plastic coin return pieces for the coin door from him. It looks great! There are pics in the gallery that I and others have posted with the gold newton and captive ball.
http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/newton-ball

Congrats! I just played a long game on mine tonight. It's been ignored for a while because of my JJPOTC. Such a great game and theatrical experience that pulls you in. I gotta give it more plays again.

2 weeks later
#7144 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

For even more detail, go to the JJP Support Page, choose The Hobbit.
Download The Hobbit Full Install 3.10 [USA Mirror] *NEW*
The .iso file is big, like 4 gig big, it will take some time.
While the .iso is downloading go to this website:
https://rufus.ie/
Download Rufus 3.5 from the link provided on the page.
Rufus allows you to create a boot-able USB stick with the .iso that you are downloading.
Get a data stick, at least 8 gig in size. Use Rufus to create the boot-able USB stick. This will take maybe 15 minutes depending on how fast your PC is.
Turn your pinball machine off.
Open the coin door and plug the USB stick in.
Power the game on and let it do it's thing. The update will take 10, maybe 15 minutes. It will tell you when it's done.
Once it tell you it is done, shut the machine off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the machine back on and enjoy Keefer's magic that is v3.1.

Backup your current settings on a different usb stick first, otherwise all the settings will go back to the default settings and you will have to tweak the settings/preferences back in from memory.

#7153 4 years ago
Quoted from fusion:

Thanks, I checked both vga connection points (at the monitor and at the cpu) and both are tightly screwed down but still no image I do remember the colors seemed off on the mini display last time it was working.

Try a new vga cable

1 month later
#7373 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Coming along great on this mod - it's become a more complicated model than I thought it would.
Added some color-matched terrain details and some pretty dramatic lighting that casts some good shadow effects and even illuminates the green on the playfield. The lighting taps into any standard 2-pin Molex 12v under the playfield. I'm currently tapping the upper right GI spotlight, so the lighting intensity varies during gameplay.
I was hoping someone that is still experiencing the opto switch problem could PM me. I'd like to send you one of my non-lighted protoypes to see if it solves the problem. I can't reproduce that error on my pin.
Pics attached here don't look as good as the real thing - man, is it hard to photograph LED lighting.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good! Hopefully you can make a bunch of these and sell them to us.

#7374 4 years ago

I'm sure it is whichever is the hardest mode. I don't think Keith would penalize us for completing easier modes alongside the harder ones....

The highest star rating is used for THAT multiplier. From my memory, Keith or Ted also said that there is a multiplier for how far (what level/stage) you complete the arkentsone modes for the next arkenstone mode after that. There is also a multiplier for how many times you complete the map to Erebor.

#7395 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I seem to recall a JJP interview with somebody where they mentioned it was too hard to see the black ball sometimes. I'm sure eventually the black wears off, too.

I played the prototype BA at Expo and it was hard to keep track of the black ball.

#7400 4 years ago

I went the gold newton and gold captive ball route myself. A lot of people think that looks pretty good too.

#7402 4 years ago

Originally I did just the captive ball, then the newton ball to match. Here is an image that someone else posted. I think I posted a few back around then too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/63#post-3696133

#7448 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I have balls coming off the right ramp and getting stuck right above the upper flipper. This happens at least once every 20 games or so. Any suggestions on adjustments to prevent this?[quoted image]

I turned and raised the tie wrap on that hex post so that the ball would fit through, making sure the wire wasn't in the way also. There was enough space on mine for that to be the fix.

#7465 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I was planning on putting the game in at my local arcade eventually, but regardless I don't like having things broken with no explanation. It's also already ruined some good games between me and friends, as we've had to reset the machine during long 4 player matches. There's other reasons (I'll sell the pin eventually, whatever's causing this may cause other issues, it may start happening more frequently in the future, etc) but at the end of the day I bought a $6500 game, I don't think I'm out of line wanting it to work 100% perfect.

First ... make sure that you have the newest software release installed. It's been a long time since something similar happened to me, so I'll share my story in case JJP didn't totally resolve the issue yet (maybe they did in my case). Right after the really big Hobbit update was released, Ted was looking for us to help point out any bugs that we find (I think it was just beta code), and he was fixing those rather quickly. At some point in that timeline, I had a party that lasted about 8 hours. Near the end of the night the sound went dead. On reboot, it came back. I reported it to Ted and there was something that they were trying to trace down that was causing this (maybe a memory leak or something). Shortly after that, they put out a quick update that would reboot the pin automatically if it was in the attract mode for a long time - after so many attract mode cycles. I really can't remember if they fixed the underlying issue or not. Maybe it is related to your issue. So ... make sure you have the most recent software version and if you have long pinball parties with the pin being constantly played, maybe manually reboot it after about 4 hours of play to be sure. Again ... I don't know if the issue that caused my problem was fixed (maybe it was in later updates), but if you have some intense competition going on, reboot it every 4 hours or so and it might be ok. This may or may not help your issue, but thought I would share this info with you.

1 week later
#7505 4 years ago

These.... are.... almost.... DONE!
I've PM'ed everyone on my list, I think. If you signed up and I missed you, please PM and let me know....[quoted image][quoted image]

I got mine today and it's installed! Looks great! You should probably start a new mod thread for it because once people see one in person, they will be hounding you for one. Just add 2 small wire ties to your packaging for the wires under the playfield like other modders do. (I had some) Thanks again!

20190903_192937 (resized).jpg20190903_192937 (resized).jpg20190903_193056 (resized).jpg20190903_193056 (resized).jpg
#7507 4 years ago

Is that how your connector was labeled, as #94? Was the installation clear with good instructions?

Yes, the connector was labeled #94 and mine is a late production LE pin. I double-checked and traced the wires to the spot anyhow to be sure. It took less than 5 minutes and it was that long just because I had to go and find some small wire zip ties. The one thing I had to take a double-look at in your instructions is that you said to route the wire down the front edge of the top clear plastic protector, but the pic showed it going over the back edge. I tried it a few different ways, and the front edge and under over toward the target seems to hide it the best.

My original mod has only a 24" of power wire to the mod, the production version has 36" to allow enough play for users to test other 12v power sources if they want to experiment with lighting behavior. Guess that leaves a bit of extra cable dangling about .

I was going to mention that the wire lead to the mod should be longer as mine only makes it through the playfield less than 2 inches. The 24" or 36" lead from the splitter makes up for it though. I will eventually pull from auxiliary 12v power for some other mods once I get the chance to install those later.

My opinion (for what it is worth) is that it is a good non-functional mod (other than light) that fits in well and isn't gaudy or ridiculous. Nice job on it!

#7529 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hobbit has to be the best value in Pinball right now. If I liked the theme, this game would never leave my possession. It rivals alien in presentation and sound. Simply incredible.
I'm going on an adventure!

It's a very good theatrical experience to play this pin in a home environment with a subwoofer. I bought one after playing it a few times at shows, but didn't previously see the movie. After we got it, my kids bought us the DVD set for Christmas and we watched all the movies picking out the scenes and call outs that they used.

#7541 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I want to turn the bass down on the Hobbit, leave it as is for Deadpool and turn it up for Spiderman.

This Pinnovators gizmo can do that. I have 3 pins on each sub with it and there is no distortion, individual bass volume control ... best solution I've seen.

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58&osCsid=v1clt4fijjhrcp2g867tdbbkp2

1 month later
#7704 4 years ago

I've had it happen on WOZ too.
After an hour of continuous play the game gets tired? Over heated? Confused? Either way it starts f#cking up big time...
After the game ends and it sits for 5 mins, everything seems ok. Hard to track down any faults.
pinballgoddess has had some really epic games (90 mins) and has noted verbally (loudly and creatively) this behavior with colorful language.
I'm thinking of adding lotr flipper fans.

Do you have a link to where you would buy the flipper fan mod? Sounds interesting. Could probably be beneficial during pinball parties.

#7740 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I apologize in advance if this is something that's already been mentioned before, but on my machine the kickback strength is quite strong and hits the post above the top flipper every time (post to the right of the vuk). I went into settings and the kickback strength was already at the lowest setting of "6". I couldn't make it any weaker. Is there a different way to control the power of that kickback that I'm not aware of. I would consider myself to be a 5 out of 10 on pinball knowledge so even an obvious answer I'm missing could be the right one. Thanks

One software version long ago had that setting backwards. Try to make it strong and see what happens. If that works, you're probably way behind on software versions.

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Hmmm... I just updated it last year to the latest version so I thought I was caught up. But I can double check. Thanks

If that's not it, the outlane rail has a little slop in the screw holes. Loosen them and pull the rail towards the center of the playfield, then retighten. Just a small adjustment will make a difference.

1 week later
#7810 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I installed the backbox amp from pinwoofer today into my Hobbit and WOW, what a huge difference. I'm really impressed. Install was dead simple with everything being plug and play. Took about 10 minutes to get everything hooked up.

Do they sell just the amp? Or did you get the speaker(s) also?

1 week later
#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I only have resources right now to own 1 of the several games I would like to have. I really would like MB, or one of the others on my wishlist, but I just can't bring myself to sell it. So I am saving for pin number 2 and keeping TH.

Darn! I was counting on a fire sale for that Weta Smaug bust of yours.

1 month later
#8010 4 years ago

Trying to mount a Hobbit / Gollum ring here on this post by the Gollum out lane. Hopefully this will work. If not, I may have to braze it to a bracket.

20191227_200249 (resized).jpg20191227_200249 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8054 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

Does anyone have a nice picture of the side blades in place? I have side blades on all my machines but can’t make a decision on which is the best for hobbit. Any standout preference

I never decided on a set either. I wish that the ones with the gold coins on them were reflective also. Might just install some mirror blades.

#8061 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Which Hobbit do you have?
I had these on my Smaug Gold (link below). They are beautiful. But, the first set was destroyed by the playfield because it is just too tight and even though I have another set, I am reluctant to put them in. I did just install felt on the sides of playfield, but I will at least wait until I'm done installing the new ramp flaps and Cliffy's before I reinstall them.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/hobbit-treasure-trove-gameblades

I like those the best so far too, but wish they were more reflective.

I killed Smaug for the first time today - what a rush! Got through all 3 Arkenstone modes completing 2-3 stages in each of those. Got my new GC score with it at a little more than 4.3mil. This game is great, super great code and modes, had it for over 3 years, and isn't going anywhere!

#8063 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Man! You're better than I am!

Maybe not. I did the Smaug kill shot with the upper flipper though and that felt great! I just had a real good game. Previous GC score was 3.4mil and the rest of the 8 high scores are between 2 and 3mil.

With all of the shots in the 5 JJP pins (some really tough), I think playing all of them helps to make you a better player on the other 4 pins. Juggling the multiballs and aiming at specific shots at the same time is a great challenge. Quite often you aim it right, but it hits another ball. Playing multiballs on this pin has helped me with Pirates and WOZ multiballs. Sometimes you just need to fling a few someplace to bounce around for a bit and get them out of the way to aim for the jackpot shots. Probably trying for the DI sim card shot (very tough) helped me to finally nail the Smaug kill shot from the upper flipper.

I need to keep mixing up what pin I play and not just stick to trying to concur 1 pin - that helps me improve overall. Anyway, sorry for rambling on …

#8085 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I hear that wireless network capabilities are in the works for JJP pins. I wonder when/if Hobbit will get the code update. Also, I wonder if they throw in any updates in the game play code for the Hobbit...

WIFI stuff is being tested on all of the JJP pins across the board. I think that they want to commonize that part of the code as much as possible to keep the code under control and not go into different directions on each pin. At least for now. It's turning out great, easy, simple.

4 weeks later
#8128 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazz_Jack:

I ended up ordering from Pinball Life, they have the single, 3, 4 and 5 bank, but it's for Stern. Since It looks the same I hope it will work.
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=Target%20Rest%20Ledge

Report back how it works out with those please - thanks.

#8133 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazz_Jack:

I received the parts today, and unfortunately the stern drop target rest ledge does not fit The Hobbit.

Thanks for reporting back.

#8134 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Is there anything after completing all 3 of the ARKENSTONE modes?

The final wizard mode, there and back again.

#8138 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I thought that was for starting all of the modes? Or can you get there both ways?

Nope, I was wrong, you are correct. They just start from scratch again. Completed that a couple of times, but didn't get much farther.

#8141 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is absolutely true. I've slammed my way through all 3 wizard modes, and hadn't completed an important mode beforehand - my score was pitiful for such a long game.

The key is to get a 5 star rated book mode completed, complete the beast mode, complete the spinner map a few times, kill Smaug ... all before starting those Arkenstone modes, and complete all levels in the Arkenstone modes. That will give you compounded multipliers that will give you lots of points.

#8145 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holy crap. No way I am good enough to do all that!

Me too. Point is that just playing the modes doesn't mean that you will get big points. Getting the highest reasonable multipliers in place first is the point strategy in this game.

2 weeks later
#8295 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

By the way, I heard somewhere that JJP has a code update for wireless network support for game updates, manual updates, scores? etc. and that all 5 of the JJP machines would get the update.
Any news on that?
And I wonder if there is a few more code nuggets in store for Hobbit when that happens . . .

Beta testers are on hold for that currently. Just guessing that the programmers are busy putting all they can into the last few weeks before JJP #6 is released as they have claimed that all future pins will ship with complete code, but maybe not all of the bells, whistles, and light shows fully polished yet. That is totally understandable.

Yes - all 5 pins are being tested for the wifi/ethernet updates simultaneously probably to work out any issues and keep that utility common with all of the pins. We've only tested the gui changes/fixes and for delta updates. Full ISO install update testing is next and coming soon we have been told. No mention of more game code related updates coming for Hobbit.

#8304 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I have some questions about the ring button.
I know it is used to select your skill shot when gold. I know when red or green it enables you to postpone modes and locks. I know you use it to launch the ball to hit the man targets and load the windlance.
But I discovered it turning purple and hit it. I used to hate hitting it too much so I didnt lose charge for the gollum save light. But i just had a game where it lit purple a LOT. I never noticed that every time you do it, the value goes up by 100 points. I was scoring over 5k a tap at the end of my game.... what triggers this? I feel it is when you're doing something in modes. I just dont know what.
Bonus question: what does it mean when it flashes yellow and it says "light the horn?" I am baffled by this one as well.

Left middle of the screen tells you what the ring button will give you. Purple is good and points.

#8306 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I know.... I'm asking what the horn does and how do I light the purple ring button. Just switch hits during modes I guess? Still baffled by what "light the horn" means.

You mean "light Thorin"? It lights the insert for the Thorin character so that if you hit the captive ball you will collect that character.

1 week later
#8338 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

True, but melting the witch in woz could possibly top it as well.

True. I killed the witch a couple of times, but only killed Smaug once. They both feel like great accomplishments. Great code writers.

1 week later
#8378 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Anybody else have a problem with mental or physical stamina while playing this game? Personally, I often have marathon games and after a long while, I have trouble maintaining my attention on the objectives and just start spraying the ball towatds lighted inserts and targets. Also, my hands start slipping on the lockdown bar and my legs get spongy.

I have to be ready to play a long intense game when I walk up to it. Take a 15 second break when the plunger is waiting for you ... and take a drink of something and catch a breath. While doing that, look up at the screen to see what you need to concentrate on next. That helps.

2 weeks later
#8488 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hey wesman, I see you have both Hobbit and Pirates. I would really like to get a pirates also. How do you compare the two - is pirates way better or are they too different to really compare. Which do you prefer to play?

I own all 5 JJP pins. Pirates and Hobbit are my favorite 2. Hobbit is so intense and immersive. Pirates is different, but very many scoring strategies, like Hobbit can be if you know how the scoring works. They each are a different kind of fun.

If you "want to" keep Pirates long term (like you have with Hobbit) to learn it well, you likely won't regret it. You likely won't lose money to take it for a test drive for a few months (if you can find one). Just my opinion.

#8493 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is the Smaug magnet that grabs the ball before it falls down next to him and into the subway supposed to grab the ball everytime?
Also, is there a way to test Smaug’s mouth movement? Mine appears to struggle or not move much though I don’t know what’s normal as I just got it.

I heard conflicting things on that magnet. Mine use to grab the ball every time when it was new. It seemed to have changed after one of the major code updates. Somewhere in this thread someone said that it is still programmed to catch it on the first lock. Mine usually does unless it's a really fast shot. The other times it might not catch it to speed up the play depending on what is going on in the game. That was mentioned, but I don't really know if that's true. In either case, a fast hard shot up the ramp might not get caught. See if you see the same thing as me, that it usually always catches it on the first lock.

3 weeks later
#8623 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yes it is, but that cannot be the real way to do it. There must be the "real way" and then the mystery gift way.

There was discussion on this a couple of years back in one of these Hobbit threads. I could be wrong, but I think it has to do with a certain number of captive ball hits. I also think that once in the barrel pops, and the ball exits that area to the right over to the upper flipper, and you immediately hit the captive ball from there, it might award the kickback (and points). I don't remember exactly. The captive ball has something to do with that award, along with the mystery award.

(Not too useful but might jar someone's memory)

#8625 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

In all of my personal pinball history, I can hardly think of a time I was like, "wait... the objectives can wait, I've GOT to relight this kick back, dammit!"

If you get good at playing Wonka, that thought might change.

Sorry, back to Hobbit ...

#8630 3 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

Just joined the club with a Black arrow and it is amazing . What a great pin !! Can anyone tell me how to read serial number to find out what number game I have?

The sequential assembled game number is stamped on the bottom side of the playfield (blue ink). Unless it was a replacement playfield and then no assembly number would be under the playfield. As far as a number x of x of Black Arrows, I'm not sure if JJP numbered the Black Arrows. There should be a sticker somewhere (usually on the apron) if it was.

#8653 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

interesting....no hobbits for sale in the marketplace!

Marketplace postings are slowing way down and people are looking more for trades. Nothing new being made. People want something to do.

#8680 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So even your answer begs a question about star levels but I’ll dig deeper

Search for Ted's posts in this thread and the Hobbit code thread. He explained the multipliers a couple of years ago with the star values. One thing that I remember is the spinners. Each time you complete the trip you get another additional multiplier of .25 (?) To the next Arkenstone mode. The other quadrants on the display get multipliers for the number of levels completed also.

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So is it only when you complete a mode that this takes effect? Would it be beneficial to start but not finish a mode if it reduces your score that much?

It uses the book mode completed with the most stars for the multiplier. Complete the 1 star and still try for a higher star book mode.

#8696 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Would be good if it auto back up to the cloud daily when they do the connectivity update.
Anyone heard more on internet connection progress.

Another Wonka test was done last week with a full update over the web. The internet update process went smooth. They will test the other JJP pins with full updates soon.

#8714 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Did you guys see the post on Facebook that JJP said that all their machines should play at 6.5 if the leg levelers are screwed in flush and just adjusted if the floor is not level. If that is the case I bet I am playing my hobbit at 7.5 or 8!
It does play fast this way - which I have gotten used to. I am not sure I can go back to 6.5 (if I am way over it now).
Going to get a digital level to double check for sure...

The "6.5 degree with leg levelers all the way in" design didn't start until DI when Pat wanted it that way. WOZ and Hobbits (at least made before DI) are not designed that way. I think it was a new guy at JJP that generalized it when posting that. You need a level floor for that to work even with that designed into them (or come close at least). I like that design concept. Thanks Pat! I'm sure he rarely reads Pinside.

1 week later
#8742 3 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this game, its going nowhere, permanently bolted and welded down...

I love it too, but you kinda have to be ready to play it and be up for the challenge. It gets intense and takes a lot out of you. Great game, fantastic code.

1 month later
#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Now it's really our new Postmaster that's deliberately delaying us from pushing mail through. That on top of attendance issues etc.

PA USPS has held my Brain Allen art hostage for a month now with no movement. I just want a nudge, nothing to tilt anything out of proportion .. just a nudge please.

#8860 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's really weird. Where's it shipping from?
Did it make it to a Network Distribution Center, like Philly or Pittsburgh?

Warrendale since 7/7 - 7/11 "in transit" with no updates - sent PM with tracking #. Nudge it if you can please.

1 week later
#8881 3 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

thank you
i will post more info about it very soon.
btw i just got this game before a month and its really one of my favorite games. its really underrated game but when i got it i was surprised how fun and awesome is it!

IToldYaSo (resized).JPGIToldYaSo (resized).JPG
1 week later
#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Question,
I have a medieval madness remake and was wondering if this plays similar or not. Mainly because of the popping up “trolls”. Was wondering about trading my MMR one day for a hobbit. Both have great fantasy themes to me. I have never even seen one of these games in person. It looks great on youtube, for some reason my friend who has 90 pins doesn’t like this game at all. He thinks it is beautiful, but not a shooter. His opinion. I have heard with the latest code, it is great.
Any honest opinion would be appreciated in helping me to decide to keep MMR or trade one day for this pin.
Thank you

I just recently bought a MMR Royal which is really nice. Hobbit is much more "fun" in my opinion with the extensive amount of modes, super good code, and the theatrical genuine themed content. You need to give it about 20 pkays to see how good it is with a vast variety of modes and the 3 wizard modes. MMR Royal is really cool and we like it, but Hobbit is such a different kind of game. If you're in pinball primarily for competition and tournaments and that is your primary fun, then you might not like it because you are thinking down a different street. It can be a long physical workout battle that isn't repetitive (for the most part) and if that sounds like fun, this might be more down your alley. This is a good game for a home environment. Maybe not so at a public location. Just my 2 cents.

1 week later
#8969 3 years ago

I use one of those dental pic tools that you can buy at Harbor Freight or off of Amazon. It doesn't take much to lift the battery, it just needs something small to get in.

1 week later
#9015 3 years ago

Quoted from Motorcitypinball:Stern sell a full plastic kit for $124 ish

Stern?

2 weeks later
#9184 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Go to the point in Smaug MB where you the lance, but I can't seem to finish it.
Is it just one shot to the flashing red target to end it?

Yes. If you miss, you re-load the wind-lance and try again.

1 week later
#9268 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

For you fellow owners, do you have cliffy's on your game? Where did you orders yours from?

Yes, from Cliff himself.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/hobbit.htm

2 weeks later
#9331 3 years ago

I have those in natural white. Keep falling out. I glued them in like JJP did and one still melted the glue and fell out. More glue!

3 weeks later
1 week later
#9417 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Right no double numbers let alone multiples of any given number. All that is correct

On a tour of the NJ production facility, Jack showed me that the blue number stamped on the bottom of the playfield is the sequential production number for that game on the line. Didn't matter if it was SE, LE, or CE the next number for the "game" was stamped. Is Chicago production still doing the same thing?

20201122_113327 (resized).jpg20201122_113327 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9564 3 years ago

Sharing some "Awesome" from Eric ... pretty cool :

Flipper Code: (Left flipper for Letters, Right Flipper for Enter)
GAME
So: In attract mode: make sure you're on a clean slate by hitting the flippers together first.
Then: Left 7, R1, L1, R1, L13, R1, L5, R2

Report back to confirm you've seen the Awesome.

3 weeks later
#9645 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

why update code to not update code in the future I have found the rumors confusing on hobbit and woz

Scorbit, Bluetooth headphone capabilities and updates for those. They have more future internet related plans/ideas for all the pins that they haven't revealed yet. Might take a while to get to that code though.

#9677 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a lot of trepidation going into Hobbit. I am not a fan of the theme, have not seen the movies, and was concerned the layout would be off-putting.
I am happy to report it turned out to be yet another JJP favorite.
You buddy’s comment about the ramps is puzzling to me. The ramps are easy to hit and strategic for starting modes / changing modes.
If you have a line on one, get it - if you don’t like it you won’t lose money.

We didn't see the movies until about 6 months after we bought the pin. It was hilarious as we were pointing out all of the call outs in the movies and my wife and I both yelled out "Extra ball!" at the same time when that scene showed up.

3 weeks later
#9835 3 years ago

I have these as well and like them.

2 weeks later
#9948 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Yep, I also heard a lot of the same complaints before getting one:
1. Boring
2. Bare playfield
3. Floaty
4. Long ball times
5. Multiball heavy
Being a huge LOTR/Hobbit fan, and already owning an LOTR pinball (don't mind long ball times), I took the plunge. I'm so glad I did. The music, the callouts, lighting, gameplay variety, full assets from the movie, etc make this game amazing.
With that being said, is it as great for people who don't care for the movies? I think it is still the least liked of the JJPs by most players.

We loved the pin when we first played the first releases and bought one without ever seeing a Hobbit movie. We didn't watch the movies until about 10 months later when the kids bought us the DVD set for Christmas.

I can see the point of "floaty" compared to the pins that tournament players have designed. But not while in any of the modes. The pin is a top 5 for me. Super fantastic, intense, immersive. I need to be "in the mood" to play and battle with it. One of the best integration of code, graphics, sound, music, and licensed assets. A theatrical masterpiece. The light shows are as good as it can get without having RGB GI. Can you tell that I really, really like this pin?

#9974 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Can I ask Hobbit owners on ver 3.10 when the 'Extra' and 'Ball' is available and you shoot them do you get awarded and extra ball?
As I don't get awarded one, the hole shots work and I have extra balls on in the menu.

It works for me. Check to see what the maximum extra ball setting is. You could be exceeding that so it wont award it to you.

#9978 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

This is my software setting, strange thing is I can not changed the stacked extra balls.
[quoted image]
Yes I know I need to hit both shots.

If you change the maximum extra balls to unlimited, it will probably fix it. That changes stacked to unlimited automatically also.

1 month later
#10229 2 years ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

Slightly different error, it changes slightly. I have tried it so many times I noticed that sometimes this error occurs.
[quoted image]

Try to disconnect the USB extension cable that goes to the coin box area for updates, and install the USB directly into that USB port on the motherboard.

2 weeks later
#10290 2 years ago

They re-encoded some of the videos. I think that it has a sharper image in some of the scenes. I could be wrong and I am seeing more into it. On mine there was starting to get some blocks of maroon tint in some scenes (like the Smaug multiball). I thought my monitor was about to give up. The update fixed that so far - Maybe about 25 games in beta testing. There were a few bug fixes too.

#10345 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

I am not able to save the time properly since 3.11.
I am in Montreal so I select Toronto as the timezone.
And for the time, I put 18h30 for exemple then when I save, when I left the tab then come back date as changed to 06:30... and at the botton right it says 02:30 AM..
so looks like there's an issue with that.
Someone could try please?

I think that you have to hit the start button after the change to save the time zone. It was confusing for me too. It says what you have to press to save at the very bottom line on the screen. Otherwise it will change back to Chicago time zone.

#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

As I type this post I started to wonder if a backup even needed for this release??

Yes a backup of settings is needed.

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Appreciate the post. Correct me if I am wrong but all I need to do is go to backup in the menu and insert a usb and it should backup correct?
When I do this it’s as if the machine is not recognizing the usb being inserted.

Also try a different flash drive (I think 16gig or smaller), or a different USB extension cable if you have one laying around. I had a extension cable go bad on me on my WOZ. It is something else to try at least.

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. [quoted image]

If you haven't done it yet, reboot with the USB wifi dongle in the USB cable.

3 months later
#10617 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

I can’t believe Hobbit is on the bottom of the list when it comes to JJP pins on the top 100. Seriously what gives? Do people actually play the game before they rank it?

I've seen the most popular complaint is that it's "floaty". Most wide bodies can seem that way at times (except JJPOTC). After playing a bunch of Sterns (or even Wonka), then playing Hobbit right away, I can see that ... until you get into any of the modes and multiballs. I think it is one of the best coded mode based games. The beef of the game is amazing. Playing it in a home environment really pulls you in and immerses you into the game. The Arkenstone modes with all of the levels is top notch, nothing compares to it. If the players never get to those modes, they are missing out on something very special. It's a top 5 pin for me, no doubt about it. No plans to ever get rid of it.

4 weeks later
#10759 2 years ago

You get more points if you hit the skill shot that "it" chooses. At least that's the way I remember them explaining it.

2 weeks later
#10834 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Ok, thanks. So in this game it's redundant...
I also notice in that photo that there is what looks like an audio jack plug (red) that doesn't appear to be pushed in fully... must check that when I get home! My game still makes a whining sound from the speakers, even with the game just sitting in attract mode... that could be why maybe...

Take that 120v open wire/connector that you have circled an put it by the side or back corner of the pin away from the speaker magnet. It might help with the hum. Just a thought and a similar issue that I had with my JJPOTC.

2 months later
#11110 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

ABS arrived, still dialing in the printer with that filament but the part fits fine. Nice and snug!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll take 6

4 weeks later
#11163 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

I have sent multiple emails (2 weeks +) with no response with respect to order fulfillment/shipping. Is it time to be concerned? I'm I too impatient? Is Covid-19 delaying the process? I know they are probably swamped with order fulfillment, but we need some communication.

LSOGs has the beasts in Florida and some people have received emails with tracking numbers. I didn't get my email yet. Should be soon.

4 months later
#11344 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

New Hobbit owner here! Such a great game, I'm loving it.
A few questions:
1. When starting a new game, sometimes there appears to be *no* skill shot active. Is this a bug? I know there is a bonus if you don't manually select your own skill shot, so presumably it should always have something selected.
2. I'm getting a decent number of wireform-spin-outlane-drain issues. I tried adding a little rubber bumper and also tightening the sling rubbers a bit. I tried to understand the wireform re-shaping instructions I saw elsewhere on here, but couldn't quite understand the text. Any easy solutions here?
3. Smaug lock sometimes doesn't magnagrab the ball; NBD, I presume this is a known minor issue with no fix.
4. Back of the holes (esp on the right) seems like it is getting beaten up. Any ideas to protect the rear of those?
5. For anyone with Pinstadiums, curious what you set your UV/flasher lights to trigger off of; I'd like it to be very rare since the purple color is so incongruent.
Thanks!

1. It's probably a lane next to the bottom slings
3. By design. People were complaining about flow and stop and go. If I remember right, they changed it to only attempt a grab on the first ball lock. If the ball is going too fast, it might not stop it.
4. Cliffys

8 months later
#11822 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys, what does "light thorin" do exactly?
I see this by pressing the lock bar button when yellow bit doesnt seem to trigger annything?
Thanls

It lights the Thorin insert at the captive ball to collect him.

#11824 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

just to collect the dwarf that s it?

I think so. Associated (small) points as well when collected.

#11829 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Tjx for the replies.
Dont know if i am the only one with this issue:
My beorn target never ever trigger to give me a ball back.
I went in testing and it s working properly, do you guys also have a piece of foam behimd?
Thanks

That works for me during multiballs. That might be the only time it will work... unsure.

1 week later
#11845 1 year ago

I know that it's just the lighting, but I like this darker more golden tone. Matt said that he could make it darker like that for me. If you want it a little darker, let him know when you order.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#11884 1 year ago

Im waiting for the scorbit nag screen to be removed since it isnt supported any more.
Same for my WOZ.

You can remove the Scorbit prompts/red icons by disabling it in the menu.

1 month later
#11985 10 months ago

The deep code, the immersion, the sound, the assets, the cinematic experience, the Smaug kill, a 10 out of 10 for me. Definitely a keeper.

1 month later
#12135 9 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:Maybe I'm biased as I think TH is truly a masterpiece "in it's own class" but I also think TH has a couple things against it. A very small niche market because of the theme itself (I'm a Tolkien nerd) and more importantly the amount of hate it received (and rightfully so) when the code was premature.
Imagine not being an avid player and walking up this machine. You see a fairly barren pf and unless a person understands the ruleset it's really not "that" much fun either in comparison to a lot of other games with immediate pf bling. TH is in essence truly a hidden gem because of it. I'm afraid the early disdain is a permanent stain on it though.
But what does that mean for price? Been watching JJP used prices without bias or motive for quite a while.( I simply cannot force myself to separate TH from LOTR anyway) TH certainly dipped well below new price for ~3.5 years? And now look at it. You can buy a used one, play the hell out of it and most likely get your money back if not make a little on top But is there a glass ceiling? This title has never been top 10 let alone even top 20 (currently Pinside 45), used prices creeping into if not already in new "standard" price territory ..... is that the wall for this game? Isn't it odd TH is right next to CV in ratings? So how bad is it ....... really? I'm more or less poking fun at the rating system but like it or not it certainly does play a factor.

Looking through the ratings history, it's definitely a love/hate polarizing game. Unfortunately, some of the honest people ranking the game have only experienced it in a public, loud atmosphere. Even if you look at the individual reviews some really good ratings mixed in with bad ratings all through it's history. I love it, but only want to play it when I'm ready for a long, intense battle. Some people don't like long games. Stereotyping tournament type players - most tournament types don't like long games. To me the intense immersion into this game puts it in another category and it's tops in "that" category. Great for a home setting, not too great for a loud public location or for a tournament. The ranking is stuck in the middle and the history plot below shows it.

History (resized).pngHistory (resized).png
#12137 9 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

As with any movie themed table, one needs to have seen the movie ( this one has three) to appreciate what the game has to offer, no matter how good or bad the movie is.
I think a lot of people haven’t even seen the Hobbit movie let alone all three to understand and appreciate this masterpiece of a pinball! Their loss.
The sounds ,the assets ,the call outs, the clips, the modes, the artwork , did I miss something ?
Oh yeah the Fun!

What's funny is that my wife and I wanted this pin when it was still a prototype, bought it and loved it without ever seeing the movies. About 8 months later our kids bought the box set of movies for us for Christmas. When we watched the movies, we kept pointing out parts that were in the movie. "That's the extra ball clip!" Our kids shook their heads in discust, laughing at us. Good times.

2 weeks later
#12216 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So I have another question. The magnet for Smaug where it holds the ball before it drops into the virtual ball lock, does that hold the ball there every time or only sometimes? I watched some other videos on YouTube and it seems like it only holds it there sometimes before it drops it, not every time.

People complained about stop and go, so they changed the code and it usually only catches the ball on the 1st lock. If the ball is traveling too fast it might not catch that one either.

#12218 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Thank You.
I really wish I could watch everything on the screen but the game is just too intense!

That's why I ordered the new Back Alley apron with the screen in it. That might help to get me further through the Arkenstone modes.

1 week later
#12315 9 months ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I received my Hobbit apron mod from Backalley creations today and already have it installed. Super quick shipping BTW
It looks really nice in the game and was easy to install. I watched the install video and didn't see how the cables were routed under the playfield, so I thought it would be nice to share with y'all how I decided to route the cables.
[quoted image]
Each green arrow indicates a point where I anchored the cables, either with a zip tie or with Velcro. Arrows number 1, 3, and 8 are secured with zip ties. The rest are with Velcro. I like to use these Velcro straps:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E1Y5O6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
At the top of the playfield, I decided to use a two hole bracket I had on hand to keep the wires clean and away from the flipper mechanism. I fastened the bracket to the game using the lower hole of the apron bracket:
[quoted image]
I used a bracket similar to these:
https://www.amazon.com/Onwon-Straight-Stainless-Joining-Connector/dp/B07K9YHMCD/ref=sr_1_8
I took the bracket and bent it in my vice slightly. I followed the path of the main cable run until I got to the bottom of the playfield. I used Velcro in multiple spots along the length of the corrugated tubing. I decided against running them within the tubing because I like to install mods so that they are reversable.
The screen is pretty bright out of the box, but the controller allows for a good amount of configurability. Here are the settings I am currently using:
[quoted image]
And here is the apron installed:
[quoted image]
I looks really great! I like that the wood is slightly darker in tone compared to the other pictures I have seen.
I haven't decided if I am going to cover up the shooter gauge area with the included wood piece. I am debating making some art similar to the original gauge sticker. Maybe I will also incorporate my game number in the graphic.

I changed the brightness to something similar. It looks much better that way. I left a little more slack in the wire going up top. I like to remove the apron (or dislodged it slightly) for cleaning and waxing the playfield. The mod makes it easier to glance to see what shots it's calling for in some of the modes. I like it a lot. Twippy nomination worthy at minimum.

#12316 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Anyone else get balls stuck here? I had it happen more than once now...
[quoted image]

Yes. All I did was slide the wire around the outboard side of the post and positioned the "knobby thing" on the wire tie at about the 2 o'clock position (looking from up top) and low enough to redirect the ball inboard. That has worked for me so far.

#12319 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Take a pic if you get time and post it.
Thx

Its hangng up on the nylon tie and wires.
Lower the tie to the bottom of the hex post and rotate the wires inside the area.
Turn the head of the tie inwards to not hang on the ball.

I guess I landed up doing something similar except that I raised the tie wrap up above the wire form to get it completely out of the way.

20230719_194821 (resized).jpg20230719_194821 (resized).jpg20230719_194841 (resized).jpg20230719_194841 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12333 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

"I'm going on an adventure!"
And that it has been lol. Everything recommended went perfectly. Upgraded *cough* 3.10 - Full 3.12. Restored settings and all my info is there.
Enabled networking, enabled beta update and it pulled down beta 6. Restarted and then warned me of another update which is beta 9. (I had forgotten a previous person told me this would happen)
For anyone that wonders, the whole process took ~1.3 hours
I'm going to spend some time playing it, see if it's worth the hassle or not.
I see the file dates are ~6 months ago. I was happy to see code for the Windlance was added/updated. I reported a bug a few years ago. It'll be interesting to see if that cures what I reported or not. So other than these two betas, is there anymore to come other than an "official" 3.1X that's just the beta code official? PAGING THAT KNOW IT ALL LLOYD DUDE

If the bug that you found isn't fixed yet, let them know what it is on the beta channel. They will address it.

#12336 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I played the new update for about an hour. I haven't really noticed much of a difference, honestly not sure we should. The code was pretty polished anyway.
I have to admit, I haven't touched my pins in well over a 1.5 years. With the new code I got the extra ball and I had to laugh. I thought they added Balins laugh into the extra ball announcement audio. Then I realized it was just me collecting Balin to get the extra ball.
Seriously, the combined audio is actually better! Oddly enough I don't remember EVER heard this "combination" of audio in all the years of owning it. But age tends to do these things to a person. /shrug

There's an equalizer in the menu system in the beta version. If you chose the pre-configured one to add bass, Smaug voice is awesome. If I am not mistaken, I think that they updated the operating system too, but that might have been in the most recent general public version also. Runs smoother and several of us noticed the graphics are smoother. I think that they fixed a bug that I found also with extra ball and into the fire animations overlaping/conflicting.

#12354 8 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

The game has really nice effects with the GI in certain modes (riddles in the dark dims the lights). I feel putting pinstadiums in there is a mistake. Almost a downgrade.
Just my opinion though.

I have pinstadiums on several of my pins, but not Hobbit. I agree with this statement. Some modes have some lighting effects and the playfield is lit fine the way that it is.

#12361 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I made a really cool shot the other day while playing Hobbit and I could not believe that it knew I did it!
Here's what happen...
The ball went up the left ramp, jumped over the side of ramp somehow and into the hole behind that locks the ball for Endor when the magnetic stops it. The game knew that the ball did not travel around the orbit and I was awarded a "Sneak in" on the display. Have any of you ever seen this? I was shocked when I saw it!

Yes, sneak ins can happen on weak orbit shots.

1 week later
#12427 8 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Awesome.
Thanks.
Yeah does that target in the out lane do anything?

If the ball hits the target in the out lane during a multiball, you will get a ball save on default settings.

2 weeks later
#12470 7 months ago

The Hobbit Apron Mod was pretty easy to install. Only thing that I tweaked was the brightness and contrast on the screen a little to match the playfield LCD a little closer. (Personal preference) I like it. Makes it easier to see what shots are needed for the book modes, and way easier during the Arkenstone modes.

4 weeks later
#12542 6 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Does JJP actually care to hear reports or care to improve code at this point on such an old game?

Yes they do. I reported in the beta group that if you hit the left hole for both the extra ball and Arkenstone mode at the same time, the intro/fanfare walk over each simultaneously. Ted said that he would look at it and fix it. They are busy, but at least it will be on their list and hopefully fixed in the next update.

They are very interested in any bugs, but suggest a support ticket for any game hardware issues. They will read suggestions, but they probably consider this game done for game code. But bugs are still important.

2 months later
#12653 4 months ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I turned off Beast MB stacking with Smaug MB as soon as I got the game. Keefer is strong in the camp that allowing those two MBs to stack is fine but I find them to be better tools to make controlled game progress when you can't stack them.
I would like to see a way to skip to 4 and 5 star modes faster than the book ramp. Or perhaps even better would be allow completed modes prior to a mini wizard mode to add their value. For example finish a 1 star, a 2 star, and two 3 star modes before starting Into the Fire and get 2.75x value vs the 1x value you would get now. Otherwise, I'm always shooting the book ramp over and over again trying to skip modes that have so little value in the mini wizards to get to a 4 star so I can do 2x value and play Into the Fire or others for close to a million a pop.

For the book modes, you get the highest star value from your completed modes since the previous Arkenstone mode

If I remember correctly, you can change the book mode by quickly flipping the flippers when you first make the ramp until the ball gets around to about Smaug. Not much time to do that though, but there is a way. I take what I get usually.

#12655 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I like the outer loops on the game, they flow nicely! Sometimes I could get the ball looping around them two or three times which felt good with the spinners.
I would also say shooting those loops when you are able to lock a ball is good as well in order to bring those into a mode is fun.

If I remember correctly again, once you get the hidden lock from the loop shot, you can choose which side of the playfield (which VUK) the ball will pop out of by flipping the flipper on the side you want. (I think)

2 months later
#12724 78 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Welcome to both clubs! I remember the day I moved mine down to the basement. Holy hell I have never lifted something so heavy in my entire life. When I sell my house I'm hiring a moving company. No way in hell will I ever endure that bullshit again.

That was a milestone event for us also. After that I had the golden ticket approval from my wife to purchase an Escalera. Best investment. About 17 pinball machines later, back is still functioning.

4 weeks later
#12835 49 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I actually own the lock down button ring plate mod.
I just found it was mezelmods who sold it and they no longer have it on their site.
Anyway, my handymans wife has an engraving business. I'll see if she has equipment to do both cutting and engraving.
Maybe consider 3 versions?
1.) Ring Button
2.) My Precious
3.) The Precious

Several negative comments about this button shroud (and likely why they stopped selling it), sweaty hands very quickly builds up hand gunk funk which discolors the metal. I removed mine, used Novus two and a drill attachment to shine it back up and then I laid over clear Self-Adhesive laminate which makes the top easy cleanup and remains fresh looking.
The adhesive that it was sold with was also cheap and wears out. Gorilla glue to the rescue.
The gold ring was cheap and discolored very quickly.

Is it the same as this one? I got mine from someone else? I can't remember where though. No problems with it.

20240229_193835 (resized).jpg20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
#12846 48 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

If I remember correctly the prior owner Of Flip N Out Larry sold these. Wish I bought it. Ended up with Lior’s creation.

That's probably who I bought it from. Mezel Mods probably made some once he stopped making them and there was some demand/ requests for it.

3 weeks later
#12953 24 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I suspect you are referring to the "elitepinballtoppers.com" topper. They were a limited run and long sold out.

There was/is a Lior topper also that about 10 of us have been waiting for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingBW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=KingBW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.