Topic Stats

• 9,604 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by konghusker
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,378 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

12_Ramp_Assembly_Welds_Broken (resized).jpg
hobbitt (resized).jpg
20200620_181152 (resized).jpg
2021-01-02 15.51.23 (resized).jpg
IMG959657_VIDEO_CR (resized).jpg
IMG_0582 (resized).jpg
0C32676B-462D-46C8-ACC9-1E54BFFF99D6 (resized).jpeg
2715F8B2-1054-4BFC-A054-1B0DB5BE4D80 (resized).jpeg
20fe110fef4dd7204297ea22ce918804f42fcde8 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
77B3571F-B7F0-492A-9EFF-1125D88D76BF (resized).jpeg
2B65B6BC-90FA-4C0D-8402-81589B3DD38C (resized).jpeg
BD72E894-79C9-4F03-BE6D-D5106B7FB484 (resized).jpeg
392222C0-FBDB-4E66-97AE-2094C9D89EFC (resized).jpeg
image002 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 6.54.42 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (4 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (4 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (4 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (4 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (4 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (4 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (4 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (4 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dreadreaper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8807 6 months ago

Hi guys! Recently joined the club and the machine has a few issues:

1. (M)an drop target does not fire during coil test. Shows as issue during test report. I assume replace coil?
2. E(l)f drop target sometimes comes up, sometimes doesnt during gameplay. I assume it only comes up during FULL drop bank reset. DOES fire during coil test, but drop target just wiggles. I assume adjust nylon screw? Any other tips on this one?
3. D(w)arf drop target does not fire during coil test. Shows as issue during test report. I assume replace coil?
4. Left VUK only kicks the ball over about 50% of the time. I assume increase coil strength in settings?
5. All the coil sleeves seem dirty for the drop targets. Should I replace all of them?
6. Is the shaker motor supposed to go off during Ball lock 1/2/3 for smaug? I noticed it doesn't fire during 2/3, but I thought it did when i played on location. Maybe different firmware? Location was 1.31 I am on 3.10. Shaker is set to "high" not "extreme".
7. Orc monster target broken off and previous owner "repaired" with rubber band. I have a replacement orc head - I assume just remove screws/wires from under playfield and lift it out from the top? Also have that loctite blue stuff to apply to screws for it.

Bonus issue: Previous owner was playing with black arrow captive ball as part of their 5 balls! Ha!

Thanks all and I am very excited to be joining you on this adventure

#8809 6 months ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Hi guys! Recently joined the club and the machine has a few issues:
1. (M)an drop target does not fire during coil test. Shows as issue during test report. I assume replace coil?
2. E(l)f drop target sometimes comes up, sometimes doesnt during gameplay. I assume it only comes up during FULL drop bank reset. DOES fire during coil test, but drop target just wiggles. I assume adjust nylon screw? Any other tips on this one?
3. D(w)arf drop target does not fire during coil test. Shows as issue during test report. I assume replace coil?
4. Left VUK only kicks the ball over about 50% of the time. I assume increase coil strength in settings?
5. All the coil sleeves seem dirty for the drop targets. Should I replace all of them?
6. Is the shaker motor supposed to go off during Ball lock 1/2/3 for smaug? I noticed it doesn't fire during 2/3, but I thought it did when i played on location. Maybe different firmware? Location was 1.31 I am on 3.10. Shaker is set to "high" not "extreme".
7. Orc monster target broken off and previous owner "repaired" with rubber band. I have a replacement orc head - I assume just remove screws/wires from under playfield and lift it out from the top? Also have that loctite blue stuff to apply to screws for it.
Bonus issue: Previous owner was playing with black arrow captive ball as part of their 5 balls! Ha!
Thanks all and I am very excited to be joining you on this adventure

Omg just went to inspect the fuses and saw THE CPU FAN/HEAT SINK HAD BROKEN OFF THE CPU!!!! Absolute miracle the CPU didn't fry. I suppose I just apply new thermal paste and reconnect CPU fan / heat sync?

Recommend you guys check your CPU fan/heat sinks.

#8812 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

HTF does the heat sink break off the CPU? They're always bolted on on every computer I've ever built.

Not broken off turns out - just never installed by factory.

1 month later
#8918 4 months ago

What games would you say are similar to Hobbit in terms of immersion/scope/adventure feel? I'm thinking WoZ and maybe Pirates? Probably not a lot out there like this.

#8941 4 months ago

Question: Where exactly is the ball supposed to go once fired from the Windlance (automatically)? I've been bending the shooter rail to try to get it to feed the upper flipper, but is it supposed to hit the rubber part of the flipper, or go slightly past it up into the lane above the upper flipper? Mine goes up the lane about 30% of the time and 70% of the time right into the flipper which it bounces off of. Thanks!

#8943 4 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You'll never get a consistent place where that fires too however theoretically it should "mostly" go into the right orbit. Go into the menu system and increase the coil power until it "more reliably" puts the ball into the orbit.

I believe the best part of this game is it's fairly easy to get a multi ball going and the video/audio announcement excites kids. It makes them feel "rewarded". The other thing to do is to reset the HOF. Kids really feel proud when they get to put their name/initials into it.

Unfortunately I do not believe you can change the strength of the Windlance via the coils menu.

#8945 4 months ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Yes you can. I adjusted mine. You want it to go up the right orbit some and then feed back down to the upper flipper. It's adjusted via the kickback strength setting.

I tried that setting but it doesn't appear to actually do anything. It is also odd that it says "time in milliseconds" as the number that is being adjusted for that. Why doesn't it have a strength value like the other coils?

#8947 4 months ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Wrong setting. That is the delay time from when the ball triggers the switch until the kickback fires. It allows the ball to settle so you get a more consistent kickback feed.

Interesting what is it called then because it is listed as "kickback strength" lol. Losing my mind!

#8948 4 months ago

Also, what shaker motor strength are people using? I have mine set to high, but not to "extreme" or whatever, because I was concerned by the warning on it. Is it actually risky to use that setting?

#8990 4 months ago

Looks like the welding on the left ramp of my black arrow broke. Anyone have a similar issue and can recommend a fix? I'm definitely not a welder. Could JB Weld fix this? I don't imagine there's a lot of pressure on the ramp but could be wrong.

Also, I noticed below the green thing there is a small board with only one screw that is fairly loose. Should that have 2 screws and be tight?

Thanks!

20200905_164750 (resized).jpgreceived_334446274273429 (resized).jpegreceived_365250534860916 (resized).jpeg

#8994 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I would take it to a welding shop to do it right. JB weld probably won't hold. I have tried solder in the past and it didn't hold (on my F-14 launch lane habitrail).

I just applied the JB weld we will see if she holds. If not I'll take it to get welded.... or apply zap straps lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dreadreaper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside