IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNavidad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1301 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Plenty of my games are still below 400k points.

Ha Ha! Funny you say that - I would visit these threads, see the high scores and think, "Boy, I really suck at pinball!" For me, some games are just flat out brutal. But always a blast to play!

Quoted from RobT:

I have only beat Smaug once

I have yet to beat Smaug. It's in one of the modes you can unlock, right? I know I've tried hitting him a few times with the windlance, but with zero success. Loving the new beta code, btw!

3 months later
#2373 7 years ago

So I’m having an odd issue with my Hobbit I’m hoping someone could help with. I played a single game today without an issue. When I started a second game, a message read “pinball missing”. After searching over the playfield for a missing ball (and not finding one) I turned the game off and restarted. This time, most if not all playfield lighting was dark and when I pressed the start button, a ball immediately launched, random awards were given (skill shot, dwarfs, etc.), the drop targets fired randomly, etc. The test mode is indicating Ball Trough Jam Switch #006. I removed the balls, dropped them back down the center and the same problem persists. Any ideas? Also, when it test modes I’m getting flashing, clicking and odd patterns on the screen. Ugh.

#2375 7 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply, LTG. Honestly, I don't know. When I enter the test screen the boxes flash, click and flash and out. Return six reads 6 Ball trough jam. Could it be some strange opto issue?

#2377 7 years ago

Ok, thanks. Will do. Yes - there are five balls in the trough.

6 months later
#3408 6 years ago

Hey, Hobbit owners! Here is hoping you might lend a hand. Just recently, my ball has been getting stuck on the ramp after kicking up the Radagast VUK. A month or so ago, it would only occur on occasion; not it happens every time. I'm still running 1.9 code. Coil strength on Radagast VUK is 23 (20 on Balin). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

20170504_193127 (1) (resized).jpg20170504_193127 (1) (resized).jpg

#3412 6 years ago

Thanks for the input, guys. I'll check the pitch on the machine when I get home; frankly, I'm not sure what it is. Great idea on the washer...I'll try that too. Appreciate the help!

3 weeks later
#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Escobar:

Im tired of people being nice...accusing someone of playing with backglass off?? Have you ever thought maybe you just suck at pinball? Colonel Mustard called, he said get a clue loser

Not cool. I think Goronic was tongue and cheek with his post. So what, you joined Pinside a week ago and start taking shots at people? Let's keep the spirit of this thread intact - and celebrate a significant code update on an already special pin. I suck at pinball...but I still have fun smacking around the silver ball!

1 year later
#4829 5 years ago

I know there has been quite a bit of speculation since the last update - here, on the JJP owner's group, etc. Does anyone have an idea of what to expect? Any leaks? I'm just curious to see what everyone has heard.

Considering JJP is live streaming, I think the update should be substantive (more than simply bug fixes). But who knows? Fingers crossed we see more callouts - particularly Smaug!

#4833 5 years ago

Thanks for the information, Panzer. Love the idea of the star rating on modes. I'll never see the final wizard mode though, I know that. Additional callouts are an absolute necessity too. Smaug is the main feature in the game and the dialogue gets repetitive.

#4875 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I have a code release party set let just hope the time table holds up!

Does anyone have an idea if the code JJP features on the twitch stream is also available for owners to download the same day? My fear is that we might have to wait a few days.

#4878 5 years ago

Thank you for the feedback, gentlemen. Makes sense to me...

4 weeks later
#5165 5 years ago

Is it just me or has the latest update (and even before, frankly) cemented TH as the GOAT? Pinball is all about creating a world under glass, and this machine just sucks me in like few others ever have.

2 years later
#9738 3 years ago

Hello, fellow owners! My Hobbit has me stumped and I’m hoping someone might lend a hand. Here’s the challenge in a nutshell: when the ball is cradled (or in play), drop targets will fire, switches will register, points will be rewarded in rapid fashion (even if I’m not hitting anything and the ball is resting on the flipper). Other odd behaviors abound. On some games, the ball takes about 20-30 seconds before it’s fed into the ball trough. On other games, all lights are out with the exception of the spotlights. Other times when I turn the machine off and on, they are fine. I’ve had similar issues in the past shortly after I purchased my pin. After a series of calls with Frank at JJP tech support and troubleshooting fixes, he sent me a new IO board to replace the existing one (it’s a long rectangular board that sits inside the metal box in the cabinet). After that the game was fine and there weren’t any issues. Now the same thing is resurfacing. I find it hard to believe it’s the same board that zotzed out but I suppose it’s possible. At any rate, I know there are people here with way more knowledge than me so I thought I would throw it out. Thanks, everyone!

#9740 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't throw it out, i'm sure it can be fixed. If you do throw it out i'll take it. 2 hobbitses are better than one.

Ha ha! At this point, I'm tempted to. The problem is so frustrating!

#9742 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Are you referring to the BAG board? Mine went bad about a year after I got it - had similar issues to the ones you describe (but it was mostly about the PF lights messing up a lot). Once I replaced it there hasn't been any issues (going on 4 years now). JJP support guys are great. I am sure they will get you going - just stay in contact with them.

Hmm, I'm not certain. Here is a photo of the boards that I already replaced that JJP sent me.

20210214_103020 (resized).jpg20210214_103020 (resized).jpg
#9745 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

I spent a ton of time replacing bag boards, changing wiring, measuring voltages, etc. In the end, my issue was simply resolved by replacing the mini USB cable that goes from the bag board to the back of the PC motherboard. I would suggest you try that and see if that works.
I wanted to kick myself, as it was such an easy and quick solution. You may not have the same issue, but if I were you I would try replacing USB cables with new ones where you can.

Thanks so much, GTO, I'll try that fix. One question, which one is the BAG board? Apologies in advance for my ignorance!

1 week later
#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

It is in green on page 162 of the user manual (you can download a PDF copy from Jersey Jack's website). The red arrow represents the mini USB. The other wire looms could possibly have a connector that needs reseated properly, but honestly I would start with the mini USB cable from the bag board and work my way to ther USB cables. If that does not fix the issue, try the CAT5 cables next. I think the quality of the factory cables is pretty inconsistent, so trying by replacing with some of your own is worth a shot.

Thanks so much for the savvy help - it is much appreciated! I purchased a new USB cable and before installing it, I reseated all the connections to the BAG board and the main USB connection. I've played about 10 games and I'm happy to report the problem seems to be solved; the only minor issue I'm having is Smaug's mouth remains open at all times although it might be a separate issue. Again, thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNavidad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=CaptainNavidad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.