20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (8 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by iepinball (8 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (8 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (7 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (7 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (7 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (7 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (7 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9692 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Made this with some help awhile back, but just wondering how the demand would be if I tried to recreate something similar..it’s made out of real post oak and still maintains the original apron underneath..wouldn’t be cheap but is amazing looking in person
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very very cool!

1 week later
#9714 3 years ago

Just bought a Hobbit from a great Pinsider

One issue ... Check matrixed switch #69, Left Pop bumper (stuck open)

I tested the switch and it pops in test mode.
Any help?

#9717 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Play some games on it and see if it clears.
Also check switch #71 a stand up leaf blade switch ( page C-86 in the manual ) If it's stuck closed can raise issues with the pop bumper switches.
LTG : )

I played a few more games and it did end up clearing the “switch fail” ... the bumpers do not seem very sensitive at all especially the one that said it was failing.

#9737 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.
Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.
LTG : )

WORKED / FIXED !!! Thanks for the advice = Beez

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9747 3 years ago

Auto Plunge when not ready to start??

Every once in a while a ball will auto plunge at the start of a persons turn when they are not ready?

It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen ...
Any thoughts?

#9768 3 years ago

Is there an external subwoofer connection on The Hobbit ??

#9812 3 years ago

I installed the “Gate at Bag End” today ... wow, what a simple mod with HUGE gameplay improvements. Pop bumpers were more active, upper flipper was able to be used more effectively... not to mention the first game I played was the best scoring game I’m had so far. Great mod .... love it and love this pin!

3 weeks later
#10002 3 years ago

Auto launch a ball sometimes?

What should I be looking for? I’ve slapped the playfield to see if something is loose but nothing? It doesn’t happen all the time but is frustrating, sometimes I think it happens when the drop targets all pop back up then it launches the ball ... not sure if that is actually the case but looking for tips

#10004 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When this happened to me I had a switch that was sticking - the metal loop switch in the windlance lane was mine, but it could really be any of them. The switch would get stuck down, then the vibration of the drop targets would release it, causing the code to launch the ball out of the shooter lane.
I think I bent it a bit when cleaning/waxing, correcting that so it moved freely resolved it.

At the risk of sounding dumb ... what is the windlance lane?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread?tu=Beez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.