Topic Stats

• 7,660 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ikrananka
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,106 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190930_142733 (resized).jpg
3AB4FCA1-9B0A-47E3-A410-199B753BCACA (resized).jpeg
received_311232306261863 (resized).jpeg
20190917_192204 (resized).jpg
hob2 (resized).jpg
hob1 (resized).jpg
20190910_204154 (resized).jpg
F4C8CE81-C099-402E-850C-2B30674B6D1F (resized).jpeg
ABFFC79A-6CB5-45F2-9E17-C434C1B4A4DB (resized).jpeg
FC90D5E6-468A-4D1E-B6C8-3C42A9410229 (resized).jpeg
ECC74D20-E70B-43DD-97BD-719DDD6825FE (resized).jpeg
menu1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190906-003836_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190906-003906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190906-004003_Chrome (resized).jpg
20190903_193056 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #14 First impressions by new owner. Posted by Eryeal (3 years ago)

Post #45 The source of the voice call-outs Posted by Troz (3 years ago)

Post #71 Detailed game review Posted by Vyzer2 (3 years ago)

Post #128 Cosmetic issues from factory and customer service response. Posted by RichieWrench (3 years ago)

Post #214 review with detail and good set of pictures. Posted by Pimp77 (3 years ago)

Post #402 Backglass LED diffuser (tones cold white to a more neutral amber color) Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #714 Another BackBox light filter Posted by Damonator (3 years ago)

Post #769 Rulesheet Posted by tiesmasc (3 years ago)

Post #1064 Owner fixes and tweaks after 150 games. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #1113 Noteworthy new owner issues and photos Posted by VolunteerPin (3 years ago)

Post #1358 JJP video on fix kit. Posted by tatapolus (3 years ago)

Post #1706 example of time marks order through delivery Posted by meSz (3 years ago)

Post #2007 Here's the code download link Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #2220 How to install Hobbit Cliffy protectors Posted by mbelofsky (2 years ago)

Post #3613 Nice tip on locktite product for wood or metal screws. Posted by pinballinreno (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I enjoy The Hobbit pin, but my biggest problem with the game is the lack of call outs and the mods are not distinct in anyway. It would have been cool if Keith used different lighting effects for the mods......You can barely tell what to shoot for or what mod you are in. Why not use blinking lights or opposite colors?? Compared to WOZ, the light show on Hobbit is very disappointing. Let's face it, the layout is very limited and because of it we need superior coding. Prices are dropping off a cliff which are making me think twice about Dialed in.

I agree, I don't know what the hell I'm shooting at. My wife loves the game, but I'd like to sell mine and get a dialed in as it plays well.

A friend said I need to look at the screen for what to do, but It doesn't always tell you. As for the colors, yes what am I shooting at.

Ghostbusters I can figure out cause it tells you what to do and the lights are easy to follow.

Do you guys think if they has callouts, and not so confusing lights, will this be a great game or just okay?

#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

As soon as the ball goes up the right ramp for the book mode, look at the book to see what mode and what shots it is asking for. The ball purposely hangs in the windlance launch out lane for a couple of seconds to give you that time for a glance. Most book mode required shots are lit up yellow for ramps, drop targets, holes, and orbit shots so when it switches to the next required shot and doesn't have a call out ... and you don't have a second to look at the book, look for the yellow lights on those features. Sometimes they are flashing blue or red. If the "time" light is lit on the left ramp and you are down to one ball in that mode, sometimes shooting for that ramp is a better option if your required target is on the right side of the playfield and the ball is approaching the right flipper. That then gives you more time for the mode and a 1 or 2 second glance at the book.

does it always tell you what lights to shoot for? I don't recall seeing that

4 weeks later
#3468 2 years ago

i think they're going to have more callouts and directions as to what to do during the game. Now it's like guessing at what to shoot at

#3469 2 years ago

It the screens for every mode told you what to do, then I think this game will be really good.

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Bofa and itf have book instructions now as of 1.96p.

Hey Keith are there going to be callouts or instructions for each mode?

That's the thing about hobbit that's frustrating and I want to turn it off as I don't know what I'm supposed to shoot at. If it did have the above then I believe this is going to be a great game.

10 months later
#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about the score I get when I play The Hobbit? For me it is all about progression and the adventure game experience. I want to see how far I can get. Scoring incentives really don't get me hyped for new code. On other games, I play for high score, but LOTR and Hobbit are games that I want to COMPLETE. When I play Into the Fire, I'm trying to get through the mode, see those eagles show up, and nail those victory laps, etc. So, kinda not really excited about the direction Keith is taking The Hobbit. I don't think it needs score balancing/incentives. It needs rule changes that help integrate the modes into the experience/progression of the game. Just my two cents...for what it's worth.

I just want the game to tell me what the heck to do. CAllouts to hit this or hit this or this combo is what's needed. On GB I know exactly what to do cause it tells me. LOTR is really good at showing you what to hit. just my 2 cents

2 months later
#5144 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

This new 2.96 code is unbelievable, WOW! It takes the game to another frickin level. I just played a 45 minute game on the new code and exhausted. Got my second highest score ever at 3.6B behind GC of 4.4B and got Barrel Escape and Into the Fire arkenstone modes. Also killed Smaug which is incredibly satisfying. This game is so damn deep and polished, it’s now my favorite pin. Amazing job on this game JJP.

I haven't installed the new code as I want to play a couple of games on the old code to see what has changed. I don't play this game that much, I only have 86 games and half of those I never finished.

So with that being said, what's a good video to watch that shows gameplay? The problem I had with this game is that I didn't know what to do. Other games I can figure out like GB.

thanks

1 month later
#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I just got this game back after a 7 or 8 month hiatus, and I am enjoying it WAY more than Houdini and Dialed In; I hope there are some updates soon to those two awesome games, but Hobbit is SO improved it is just incredible. You said it, no 2 games are the same, and I can’t think of another game that so well blends story and goals so well.
For example, I love all 3 games mind you, but Dialed In is great for story but it is very similar game to game, Houdini has lots of goals but I find it lacking in any sort of meaningful progression that ties it together. They are all fun but IMO Hobbit ties it together expertly

Hey Rdoyle1978 - I only have about 80 games on my HB, and 50% plus I've never finished the game as I didn't know what was going on or I felt bored.

Haven't installed new code yet, but does it really make that much of a difference? Thx Tony

1 month later
#5818 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Just played 3.0
Wow! Just Wow!
No more chopping wood. No more boredom.
The game is like no other, I really felt I was a part of the movie.
I saw a couple glitches, and a couple volume adjustments, but nothing major.
It is very clear why JJP games are the best in the world. They may be pricey, but you get more than you pay for, by a huge margine.
I'm so glad I waited for the code, and didnt trade out my game.
I purposely did not install any of the beta patches. I wanted to be amazed.
Ted and team, you didnt let me down.
This game is going nowhere and will stay in my collection for a very long time.
Bring on the delta tweaks, this game is so close to perfection, I cant wait!

I hope so....I played a game the other night and have my game set to 5 balls. I got 2 extra balls and was still on my 1st ball before I played the extra balls and I was bored out of my mind. I still have the original, actually 2nd code update so I'm hoping the new code is worth it as I wish I would have passed on Hobbit and got a DI

1 month later
#6281 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have had my hobbit since month 2 of production.
In all honesty I play Houdini and AFMle more than my hobbit.
But, I play hobbit much more now with the new code.
In fact I stopped playing it altogether before the amazing new code updates.
As of code 3.0 I'm enjoying the game more than ever.
It's a keeper for sure.

I hope so.... I haven't updated to 3.00 as I tried and had issues downloading. ONce I get the new code stick from my buddy then we'll see as I only have about 84 games on mine and more then 1/2 aren't full games.

Kinda wished I bought a DI, but my wife won't let me sell Hobbit even though she plays GB everyday and might have played hobbit 10.

It's when I play the old code it's kinda like.....okay can't wait to get done

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside