20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 260.
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from XpertDBA:

Any word on when the next big update is going to drop? Seems like the chatter has dropped off considerably since a few months ago when the board was buzzing about it. If anyone knows dates or a general time frame, I'm very curious.

Jack recently made a comment on the JJP Owner Google Group that a meaningful update is coming at some point soon

#4802 5 years ago

^^^ What he said ^^^

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack recently made a comment on the JJP Owner Google Group that a meaningful update is coming at some point soon

Didn't see that you had posted that on the new page ...

#4804 5 years ago

Hi all,

New problem with my hobbit pinball.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

The goblin popup doesnt work anymore – it stay closed… some times it works, sometime i just see the eyes of the goblin….

No problem with switch and coil in the test except the device test for the goblin, it doesnt work of course.

Someone had already the problem ?

Thanks,

Yannick

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
New problem with my hobbit pinball.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
The goblin popup doesnt work anymore – it stay closed… some times it works, sometime i just see the eyes of the goblin….
No problem with switch and coil in the test except the device test for the goblin, it doesnt work of course.
Someone had already the problem ?
Thanks,
Yannick

Make sure it isn’t blocked. You may need to adjust it or check the wiring for cuts

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

The goblin popup doesnt work anymore – it stay closed…

Be sure it isn't binding on the playfield. Below the assembly is a nut, you can loosen it and the rubber stopper above it turn upwards a little. Tighten the nut and try again.

LTG : )

#4807 5 years ago

Thanks guy ) i have resolved the problem thanks to you, it was the nut and the rubber stopper ) the goblin was blocked under the playfield )

You save me again ^^

#4808 5 years ago

I tend to alternate between the pins I play. Anyways back playing Hobbit and defeated the Smaug for the first time. However what really disappointed me was that I hadn't completed
'into the fire'
'barrel escape'
'Battle of Five armies'

Why would this happen?
If this is not a bug I think JJP in the new update need to have a high score table for scores that have defeated the Smaug. Thoughts ?

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I tend to alternate between the pins I play. Anyways back playing Hobbit and defeated the Smaug for the first time. However what really disappointed me was that I hadn't completed
'into the fire'
'barrel escape'
'Battle of Five armies'
Why would this happen?
If this is not a bug I think JJP in the new update need to have a high score table for scores that have defeated the Smaug. Thoughts ?

I don't understand what you think is a bug... that you can kill Smaug before defeating those arkenstone modes? Battle of Five Armies occurs after Smaug's death btw.

#4810 5 years ago

None whatsoever.
It's working properly.

#4811 5 years ago

Didn’t realise you could kill Smaug without completing the three arkenstone modes. Surely you should be rewarded for it in the high score table.
Anyways thanks guys for the quick response..

#4812 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Surely you should be rewarded for [defeating Smaug] in the high score table.

This has been added for the next release.
--Ted

#4813 5 years ago

Yes i am sad that you can validate the 3 arkenstone mods without completed them... the best thing to do is like smaug : You dont complete into the fire, you should try again and again in the same party and validate it to make the second arkenstone mod.

#4814 5 years ago

Yes i am sad that you can validate the 3 arkenstone mods without completed them. No thanks, plenty of games where you need to start the modes and you can move on without completion. I've gotten to the 5th level of ITF. Only once have I completed the first round of barrel escape.
That part of the game is good with me.

I do like how you can build up mb's and kill Smaug. I've done that maybe 3 times. I need all the help I can get.

#4815 5 years ago

Sure.... but finally, you complete nothing... imagine you fail at the 5th level of ITF but after that you can do something like put the ball in the 2 hole this time (not only one) to launch again ITF directly at the 5th level.... you win less point if you complete the mode but you could finish it and advance with satisfaction for Barrel to escape.... i think its better.

#4816 5 years ago

Woohoo! New Hobbit code next week Friday. Can't wait to see it! Might just be a JJP Live showing it instead of a release, we will see.

From Hogbog ...
LIVESTREAM. @3pm Central 07/06/2018 on https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

#4817 5 years ago

Cool )

#4818 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Woohoo! New Hobbit code next week Friday. Can't wait to see it! Might just be a JJP Live showing it instead of a release, we will see.
From Hogbog ...
LIVESTREAM. @3pm Central 07/06/2018 on https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

Has there been some kind of announcement that new code for Hobbit is being released or even shown? I'm confused.

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Has there been some kind of announcement that new code for Hobbit is being released or even shown? I'm confused.

The JJP Software group sent out a tweet that no live stream today but there would be a possible surprise later this week. Then there was this post in the JJP Live Pinside thread shortly after that:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-live/page/3#post-4468430

That indicates that there would be a JJP Live stream on 7/6 to show "New. Hobbit. Code." So we can speculate the rest of the week on if both are correct and something will happen by the end of this week too. Or … maybe the tweet was supposed to say next Friday. Pinsiders (including me) always hope for the best scenario for them when clues come out directly from JJP. Something to look forward to anyway.

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

+1 for confused.

#4821 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The JJP Software group sent out a tweet that no live stream today but there would be a possible surprise later this week. Then there was this post in the JJP Live Pinside thread shortly after that:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-live/page/3#post-4468430
That indicates that there would be a JJP Live stream on 7/6 to show "New. Hobbit. Code." So we can speculate the rest of the week on if both are correct and something will happen by the end of this week too. Or … maybe the tweet was supposed to say next Friday. Pinsiders (including me) always hope for the best scenario for them when clues come out directly from JJP. Something to look forward to anyway.

Awesome news! Can't wait to see, and then eventually play, the new Hobbit code.

#4822 5 years ago

Smaug likes gold and smells a golden code update coming soon. Hobbit Owners can officially start getting excited for the July 6 stream - Smaug out

IMG_0387 (resized).PNGIMG_0387 (resized).PNG

#4823 5 years ago

Maybe some new info at Pintastic this weekend.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Maybe some new info at Pintastic this weekend.

Okay … the Colorado show Pinsiders were not very good at investigative reporting. Lets see if the other side of the country is any better. Come on Pintastic Pinsiders … find out what's going on at JJP and let us know. At least some more clues.

#4826 5 years ago

Looks like I picked a good time to put money down on a hobbit

#4827 5 years ago

Awesome! my little hairy Hobbit feet are dancing a merry jig at this news!!!!

#4828 5 years ago

Sweet! : )

#4829 5 years ago

I know there has been quite a bit of speculation since the last update - here, on the JJP owner's group, etc. Does anyone have an idea of what to expect? Any leaks? I'm just curious to see what everyone has heard.

Considering JJP is live streaming, I think the update should be substantive (more than simply bug fixes). But who knows? Fingers crossed we see more callouts - particularly Smaug!

#4830 5 years ago

Very excited for next Friday!!! Can't wait to see what's new/different in the code update.

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I know there has been quite a bit of speculation since the last update - here, on the JJP owner's group, etc. Does anyone have an idea of what to expect? Any leaks? I'm just curious to see what everyone has heard.
Considering JJP is live streaming, I think the update should be substantive (more than simply bug fixes). But who knows? Fingers crossed we see more callouts - particularly Smaug!

Here's a summary I wrote up a couple months back regarding the changes that have been discussed over the past year. Will all of these be in the next update? Who knows but I would think a good chunk of what's below will be there.

Summary

1. From Keith last year on the JJP Google Group. "I can say I have plans for various "champion" items, some extra bonuses associated with Feast Frenzy and Super Spinner, and a final mode. Maybe some additional configuration options for more interesting game play WRT Arkenstone modes. Additional modes and multiballs apart from what I've alluded to will not be added as those were not in the design plan, and generating and getting approvals for additional assets required is problematic."

2. Keith mentioned on one of the latest POTC streams that Ted has been working on the update a lot for the past couple of months.

3. Summary of Hobbit code related comments on Head2Head pinball podcast (copied from Pinside).

1. There and Back Again is the name of the super wizard mode. Doesn't want to give too much away but it will concentrate on beating all 31 modes. Mentioned he doesn't know if it will tie everything together (could be referring to also having to beat Arkenstone modes in addition to beat all book modes)

2. Scoring tweaks for a lot of stuff

3. Beast Multiball is being rewritten by Joe Katz and he started working on it last week. Keith said Beast MB will be a lot better

4. Behavior of game changing somewhat. The 31 book modes will have a star raiting assigned to them, 1-5. The number of stars you have completed going into an Arkenstone mode works into bonus. Also, the highest star mode beat affects scoring of your next qualified wizard mode. For example the One Ring mode, an easier mode, will likely be assigned 1 star and Keith said if that is the mode completed when you go into an Arkenstone mode your bonus won't be as high compared to going into it with a 4, or 5 star mode completed.

#4832 5 years ago

"3. Beast Multiball is being rewritten by Joe Katz and he started working on it last week. Keith said Beast MB will be a lot better"

Yeah, he said there were 16 levels to Beast Multiball. Sweet Jeezus how did that get signed off on?

#4833 5 years ago

Thanks for the information, Panzer. Love the idea of the star rating on modes. I'll never see the final wizard mode though, I know that. Additional callouts are an absolute necessity too. Smaug is the main feature in the game and the dialogue gets repetitive.

#4834 5 years ago

I agree Smaug needs more air time!!

#4835 5 years ago

Just recently picked up my Hobbit, definitely looking forward to some new code

#4836 5 years ago

oops!

#4837 5 years ago

Went to Jersey Jack's seminar at Pintastic. He said new code will be released July 7. Also said he has a change document that he'd email now if anyone wants it. He was half kidding I think...

#4838 5 years ago

Looking for someone who can share what they consider the best sound settings for hobbit.
Been scouring our different hobbit threads without any luck.

I know I saw them mentioned somewhere lately.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really want to get all the optimal setting on my hobbit up to date prior to the next code release.
Over the years I’ve messed around with all of them but now feel I need to start from scratch and dial in all the settings starting with the sound.
Thanks in advance!

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

the best sound settings for hobbit

I dont think there are any "best" settings.
The game has amazing sound, probably the best sound that a pinball machine ever had.
The defaults are a good starting place.

It depends on your particular setup:

Headphones? (I added a FiiO headphone amp to mine)
External Subwoofer? (Really impressive on this game)
Different speakers?

Most would say, "Whatever sounds good to you", and that would be accurate.

#4840 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dont think there are any "best" settings.
The game has amazing sound, probably the best sound that a pinball machine ever had.
The defaults are a good starting place.
It depends on your particular setup:
Headphones? (I added a FiiO headphone amp to mine)
External Subwoofer? (Really impressive on this game)
Different speakers?
Most would say, "Whatever sounds good to you", and that would be accurate.

Mine sounds great and i'm running all original speakers (no subwoofer).
Guess what i'm looking for is the best balance between sounds/fanfare/music/etc.
I swear someone posted their optimal levels after testing different sound level combinations.
Will keep searching for that post.

#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Mine sounds great and i'm running all original speakers (no subwoofer).
Guess what i'm looking for is the best balance between sounds/fanfare/music/etc.
I swear someone posted their optimal levels after testing different sound level combinations.
Will keep searching for that post.

From Rarehero in the JJP forum.

Music 41 (stock), Speech 41, Fanfare 35, FX 25. Then crank your main volume up...mixed like this, the music will be so much more impressive and vibrant...I guarantee just this one little change will make you like your game more!

Edit: Hope it's okay to share it here.

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

From Rarehero in the JJP forum.
Music 41 (stock), Speech 41, Fanfare 35, FX 25. Then crank your main volume up...mixed like this, the music will be so much more impressive and vibrant...I guarantee just this one little change will make you like your game more!
Edit: Hope it's okay to share it here.

Thank you JVSPIN!!!

#4843 5 years ago

It is pretty amazing how great TH sounds out of the box.. it is miles beyond DI which came out so much later. Truly Immersive.

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It is pretty amazing how great TH sounds out of the box.. it is miles beyond DI which came out so much later. Truly Immersive.

I agree - sound, display, and PF beauty of the hobbit is rarely in question. The beef lies - with some - in the layout of the game, and right now the repetitive nature of qualifying for the mini wizard modes.

I will add that the mini wizard modes are epic to play and very well done. Killing Smaug is also a real treat - and also difficult to do. The movie assets and sound effects used are excellent. Gandalf callouts for shooting targets - again - excellent.

#4845 5 years ago

Had a pretty good game tonight. 56 minutes, 4.5B points, Killed Smaug, and made it back through into the fire for a second time. Still love it as much as the day I bought it over a year ago. Can't wait for the new code!

#4846 5 years ago

I'm having an issue with my orc not popping up. It looks like it is trying to go up but just can't. I checked for cut wires and didn't find any. I can lift it up and it will work awhile but then will stop again. Any ideas would be awesome.

#4847 5 years ago

I have had the same problem :

Quoted from LTG:

Be sure it isn't binding on the playfield. Below the assembly is a nut, you can loosen it and the rubber stopper above it turn upwards a little. Tighten the nut and try again.
LTG : )

I have done that and the problem is solved ;o)

#4848 5 years ago

I will give that a shot. Thanks

#4849 5 years ago

WOOHOO!!!!

==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball ==
== Presents ==
== The Hobbit ==
== Copyright © 2016-8 Jersey Jack Pinball ==

== Version 2.90PR June 28, 2018 ==

- This is a Pre-Release version of software for testing only

=== Game Code

+ Added "There and Back Again" wizard mode for playing all Book Modes
+ Added enter name/initials for There and Back Again champ, Latest Smaug defeated,
Beast Champ, most modes played, most modes completed
* Rewrote Beast Frenzy rule: now wave-based to emphasize progression; super jackpot
is easier to achieve (after which mode can be cancelled via Ring Button)
+ Added adjustment that inhibits Beast Frenzy and Smaug MB overlap (default OFF)
+ Added intermediate difficulty level to Beast hurry-up rule
+ Added Status Report
+ Added award for playing all Book Modes for a given qualfier; award is
configurable for points (default) or spotting an Arkenstone task
+ Added adjustment to turn off Book Mode multiball
+ Added adjustment to turn off Book Mode selection with flippers after ramp shot
* Book Mode qualifier for Arkenstone now includes a scoring weight; more difficult
modes result in higher Arkenstone scoring
+ Added "Arkenstone Qualified" animation
* Fixed Arkenstone jewel animation at end of completed Book Mode
* Ring Button no longer available in Arkenstone modes
* Disallow starting an Arkenstone mode during a Book Mode
* Fixed pop-up beast arrow lamp colors showing during Arkenstone modes
+ Added new Ring anim colors to give each action its own color
* Ring Button lamp color now matched to action it will perform
* Fixed Smaug MB ramp diverter logic during grace
+ Added more Smaug speech for locking balls and jackpots
* Enhanced Smaug activity for multiball ready
* Fixed ramp LOCK light during "Flashback" mode
* Fixed "Flashback" ramp diverter logic during grace
* Ramp U-turn now scores ramp jackpots in Smaug Multiball
* Removed Smaug Multiball from Mystery Award
* Enhanced High Score/Enter Initials choreography
+ Added a bunch of speech calls to attract mode, game start, high scores, etc.
* Updated and added sound effects in a bunch of places
+ Added "Ball Saved" animation
+ Added ramp U-turn scoring rule
* Changed the mode hex icon display to improve contrast between played/not played modes
+ Bilbo, Gandalf, and Radagast arrows now light to show state of mode qualifier
+ Added GI lamp effects to all Book Modes
+ Added Book Mode completion percentage to book display
+ Added Book Mode "time added" display effect to book display
+ Added timer countdown speech to Book Modes
+ Added intro animations to Moon Runes and Fire & Water modes
* Book Mode "end scene" display is now killed when time added during grace
* Book Mode background movie now correctly restored when time added during grace
* Changed "The Bait" mode to use left VUK for "distract beast" shot
* Improved lamp usage in "The Bait", "Demise of Bolg", "The Contract",
"Gathering of Clouds" to help clarify targets to hit and avoid
* During "Demise of Bolg" adding time will now reset some drop targets
* Changed timer display for "Duel in Laketown" to clarify rule
* "Defeat of Azog" will now always pick a different beast for next shot
* Cleaned up instructions for "Orc Ambush"
+ Added error reporting for dragon stepper motor movement
* Dragon stepper motor is now turned off when game is idle
* Changed knocker "LOW" setting to be softer

=== Core Code

+ Added confirmation message and sound for setting clock and custom graphic
* Enhanced bumper and slingshot firing to provide finer adjustment granularity
* Fixed volume adjustment during game active that would sometimes leave music off
+ Added Test Report message for pinball missing
+ Added Switch History Test; shows 24 previous inactive->active switch transitions
* Changed kickback logic to prevent repeated firing with misadjusted switch
* Updated High Score/Enter Initials logic to handle all high score tables in
parallel so that all champ titles can be displayed at time of entry

#4850 5 years ago

That's a hell of a lot of awesome and welcomed changes

36504830_2052763038075615_6563925989364072448_o (resized).jpg36504830_2052763038075615_6563925989364072448_o (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.