IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 260.
#4351 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Would you mind snapping a pic of what you're talking about?

Check out page 82, I had the same issue. Ended up loosening off my guide and bending it. Some pics on that page as well. Wind lance fires like a beauty now.

#4352 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Check out page 82, I had the same issue. Ended up loosening off my guide and bending it. Some pics on that page as well. Wind lance fires like a beauty now.

Awesome. That's what I was thinking. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

#4353 6 years ago

Sooo I’ve ended up grabbing a hobbit and I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would! I knew it'd be immersive but I'm actually enjoying it more knowing it's more than just multi ball after multi ball after multi ball... I always thought that the left ramp started a mode and that the ring button was useless and did nothing... now I know some strategies and have a half a clue what to do. Thanks to the papa notes and Carl’s videos. But f me seriously with all those modes and feeder modes and other bs I'm going to have to go to college to know wtf is going on. Keith code is too deep!

#4354 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Sooo I’ve ended up grabbing a hobbit and I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would! I knew it'd be immersive but I'm actually enjoying it more knowing it's more than just multi ball after multi ball after multi ball... I always thought that the left ramp started a mode and that the ring button was useless and did nothing... now I know some strategies and have a half a clue what to do. Thanks to the papa notes and Carl’s videos. But f me seriously with all those modes and feeder modes and other bs I'm going to have to go to college to know wtf is going on. Keith code is too deep!

The College of JJP will solve all of your code understanding needs. Professor Johnson is amazing!

code (resized).JPGcode (resized).JPG

#4355 6 years ago

Hey Guys

I just came across these in my library and I actually forgot about them for awhile.
When the Hobbit first started shipping Jack asked me to design personally..

A few folks requested that they were interested in them.
If anyones interested.. PM me or checkout https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-hobbit-pinblades
Best!
Joe

PGX_THA (resized).jpgPGX_THA (resized).jpg

#4356 6 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hey Guys
I just came across these in my library and I actually forgot about them for awhile.
If anyones interested.. PM me or checkout https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-hobbit-pinblades
Best!
Joe

I'm still waiting for my topper as listed on my flyer...

#4357 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Couldn't agree more. I thought this game was a dud. I bought one. WOW! I was SOOOOO wrong about everything. Such a great game!

#4358 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Couldn't agree more. I thought this game was a dud. I bought one. WOW! I was SOOOOO wrong about everything. Such a great game!

Same I have thought that about every Keith game that turns out epic the more I hate a Keith game the more I just know to purchase it. Ha ha ha

#4359 6 years ago

Hey Guys
Best!
Joe

I’d be buying these ASAP if the image wasn’t identical on both sides.

#4360 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I’d be buying these ASAP if the image wasn’t identical on both sides.

I can ask Joe to make them different for ya!

#4361 6 years ago

Hey Guys
Best!
Joe

Thanks Joe...I ended up buying a set right when it posted. Thanks for tracking it down. Will take pics and post them when they come in.

#4362 6 years ago

Photos of installed 3.75" series Hobbit action figs. PF now ready for the "Battle of the Five Armies." All figs. except for Tauriel are mounted at or near their corresponding representations on the PF. All figs. except for Balin are anchored to the PF plastics with glue dots on their feet. Balin is mounted with a zip tie of his left leg to the post of the barrel spotlight. All figs. are positioned in relatively safe spots, out of the way of the occasional air ball. With 20+ plays, all figs. are still intact, free of damage or disruption.

Some Hobbit owners will say this if "March Madness." The PF is too cluttered/busy. However, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." In my case, "beauty is in the eye of my spouse." With my LE Hobbit costing $8500, in addition to $1000+ cost of added mods, if the spouse says "add the figures," you add the figs.

Hobbit Figs. 001 (resized).JPGHobbit Figs. 001 (resized).JPG

Hobbit Figs. 002 (resized).JPGHobbit Figs. 002 (resized).JPG

Hobbit Figs. 003 (resized).JPGHobbit Figs. 003 (resized).JPG

Hobbit Figs. 004 (resized).JPGHobbit Figs. 004 (resized).JPG

#4363 6 years ago

Finished adding some mods and completed the ramp flap upgrade on my Hobbit this week. I added the Lermods back panel gold lightning, florescent green plastic protectors for lower plastics, and the laser engraved ring button plate with gold colored ring button. I added some green Perfect Play flipper bands and post rubbers when I got the game.

The metal ring button plate isn't cheap but looks very nice. It would be sweet to get something similar to replace the green sticker between the speakers.

20180308_230340 (resized).jpg20180308_230340 (resized).jpg

#4364 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Finished adding some mods and completed the ramp flap upgrade on my Hobbit this week. I added the Lermods back panel gold lightning, florescent green plastic protectors for lower plastics, and the laser engraved ring button plate with gold colored ring button. I added some green Perfect Play flipper bands and post rubbers when I got the game.
The metal ring button plate isn't cheap but looks very nice. It would be sweet to get something similar to replace the green sticker between the speakers.

See post #4280, page 86 in this thread.

#4365 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I added the Lermods back panel gold lightning, florescent green plastic protectors

Looks fantastic. Congratulations. How do you like the Lermods lighting? I'm seriously considering it. Think your gold looks incredible.

Also where did you get the green plastic protectors? Thanks!

Great job!

#4366 6 years ago

Just added back alley flipper mods

A2FAEFBE-B5E3-43A4-A216-DB2631DC8AE5 (resized).jpegA2FAEFBE-B5E3-43A4-A216-DB2631DC8AE5 (resized).jpeg

4F4B19E0-39D7-42D4-B6C6-D9E51E65BA68 (resized).jpeg4F4B19E0-39D7-42D4-B6C6-D9E51E65BA68 (resized).jpeg

#4367 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Looks fantastic. Congratulations. How do you like the Lermods lighting? I'm seriously considering it. Think your gold looks incredible.
Also where did you get the green plastic protectors? Thanks!
Great job!

Thanks! I really dig the Lermods lighting, the gold blends in very well with the gold piles around Smaug.

Here's the link to the sling and return lane protectors.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/00081-slingshot-return-lane-protector-set-for-jjp-s-the-hobbit

#4368 6 years ago

Ring kit from Flip n Out. Before, during, after.

IMG_1533 (resized).JPGIMG_1533 (resized).JPG
IMG_1536 (resized).JPGIMG_1536 (resized).JPG
IMG_1535 (resized).JPGIMG_1535 (resized).JPG

#4369 6 years ago

Since it's mod show-n-tell day, here's a shooter rod that a buddy made for me. Yes, it's a little dangerous walking by - ha ha - but worth it.

His website if anyone is interested: https://www.pinballshooterrods.com

IMG_1543 (resized).JPGIMG_1543 (resized).JPG

#4370 6 years ago

Can someone tell me how to light “mode” on the right ramp?

#4371 6 years ago

If it is showing lock but you have qualified one of the modes you can hit the ring button to postpone the lock then it should be lit for mode.

#4372 6 years ago

Yes. But how do you qualify the modes?

#4373 6 years ago

By hitting certain shots. Elf drop targets for elf modes, dwarf drops for dwarf modes, left ramp for Gandalf, right ramp for bilbo baggins, Right hole for radagast, and man drop targets.

Certain modes require different combinations. And if you qualify all modes you light a roving drop target which if hit lights extra ball.

#4374 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Finished adding some mods and completed the ramp flap upgrade on my Hobbit this week.

How long did that ramp flap upgrade take you? I am still living with old flaps and have loosened the ramp and bent them back down once already. I dread taking that ramp assembly off to put on the new flaps.

#4375 6 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

How long did that ramp flap upgrade take you? I am still living with old flaps and have loosened the ramp and bent them back down once already. I dread taking that ramp assembly off to put on the new flaps.

Probably 2-3 hours and I really took my time. My old ramp flaps were curling up badly and it started to affect gameplay. The instructions provided by JJP are pretty good and overall I found it more then worth it to swap out the flaps as the game now plays smoother.

#4376 6 years ago

The ramp flaps aren’t too bad to replace, just need right tools and as someone stated, be careful removing the optos from the ramps. They aren’t that fragile, but you don’t want to break them. When you are done, make sure you snap them all the way back in. It’s a good time to clean the area around and under the ramps too.

#4377 6 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Took about 1 and 1/2 hours

#4378 6 years ago

3D printed our own snap on barrel mod. Not sure how it will hold up, but it has been a great learning experience for my kids and I. So far looks pretty cool. My 13 yo son designed it.

93878323-703B-435D-970D-C93CBA48EC5D (resized).jpeg93878323-703B-435D-970D-C93CBA48EC5D (resized).jpeg

49BF2894-3AB9-450A-AA3A-5B4A5955D3D0 (resized).jpeg49BF2894-3AB9-450A-AA3A-5B4A5955D3D0 (resized).jpeg

#4379 6 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

3D printed our own snap on barrel mod. Not sure how it will hold up, but it has been a great learning experience for my kids and I. So far looks pretty cool. My 13 yo son designed it.

Good job, looks great I would be proud of your work.

#4382 6 years ago

Looks like Hobbit is finally getting some well deserved love.

#4383 6 years ago

Does anybody know what the ring button does during the wizard modes? The screen is taken over by the mode but the ring it still active and gets recharged as you play. I keep hitting it but not sure if it does anything.

#4384 6 years ago

Ok I may get stupidest question of the year for this but here goes...... I have had the Hobbit for close to a year now and still don't fully understand the full use of the upper right flipper? Is it primarily for the 5 drop targets or are there other values I am missing with it? Again, not a complaint just doesn't make as much sense to me as say DI or TZ. Often my wife and I just skip the upper flipper as the drop targets are easier with the lower flippers. Ok, throw rocks now....lol

#4385 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I may get stupidest question of the year for this but here goes...... I have had the Hobbit for close to a year now and still don't fully understand the full use of the upper right flipper? Is it primarily for the 5 drop targets or are there other values I am missing with it? Again, not a complaint just doesn't make as much sense to me as say DI or TZ. Often my wife and I just skip the upper flipper as the drop targets are easier with the lower flippers. Ok, throw rocks now....lol

There are times when it’s helpful, but not always needed. For example, when the ball is in the bumpers and exits you may see the captive ball flash a light blue indicating it will add a kickback if hit. You only have a few seconds so using that upper flipper is likely your only shot at it. Also, when enough enough barrels are filled by the bumpers, a single DWARF target will flash light blue after exiting the bumpers...again, you only have a few seconds so the upper flipper shot is your best bet. Getting enough of those will light an extra ball. There is also the Smaug kill shot that it is used for and it’s used for the regular dragon mode. There might be other uses, but there isn’t any obvious shot for it like most games with a third flipper.

#4386 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There are times when it’s helpful, but not always needed. For example, when the ball is in the bumpers and exits you may see the captive ball flash a light blue indicating it will add a kickback if hit. You only have a few seconds so using that upper flipper is likely your only shot at it. Also, when enough enough barrels are filled by the bumpers, a single DWARF target will flash light blue after exiting the bumpers...again, you only have a few seconds so the upper flipper shot is your best bet. Getting enough of those will light an extra ball. There is also the Smaug kill shot that it is used for and it’s used for the regular dragon mode. There might be other uses, but there isn’t any obvious shot for it like most games with a third flipper.

Thanks for the info and advice! Just seemed less than used but then again it's taken me close to a year to understand Half of the rules on this game...

#4387 6 years ago

Me finally watching the trilogy this past week after owning the machine for a year.

IMG_1558 (resized).JPGIMG_1558 (resized).JPG

#4388 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Me finally watching the trilogy this past week after owning the machine for a year.

Lol. Did you watch the extended editions by chance?

#4389 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

When I finally watched the movies again, the one that stood out the most to me was Gandalf cracking the rock in half while shouting “Dawn take you all!” that they used for the extra ball animation and callout.

#4390 6 years ago

I did not watch the extended versions but still have the bonus DVDs to go!

Agreed, so many stand out scenes. Gandolf at the rock, for certain. Thorin pushing the stone door, Smaug breathkng fire, Bilbo running down the steps...we could go on and on...

Love the start button call outs too. So, this is the hobbit, etc.

Another cool thing is to see the titles of the modes. A lot of them are actually the scene titles.

Didn't think I could love the machine any more…

#4391 6 years ago

That's why I love The Hobbit. Best theme integration of any game. The pin makes you love the movies more. The movies make you love the pin more. And after watching the films after owning the pin, you'll understand the design of the modes so much more.

#4392 6 years ago

Can someone tell me how to light “Book” on the left ramp?

#4393 6 years ago

It's Gandalf! GANDALF!

(Not Gandolf)

#4395 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It should light whenever a mode is qualified (and not started). Hitting it when lit will allow you to select a qualified mode with the flipper buttons while the ball is on the wireform.

#4396 6 years ago

I think you need to at least hit the ramp once to qualify the Gandalf modes before book will light

#4397 6 years ago

Ok cool. Thanks!

#4398 6 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Very cool. You should post this on Thingiverse!

#4399 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

top left on the flowchart: 6 ways to light the 6 types of modes

3bce6135f19db7beefd686212e40f6b7a3180be9_pdf (resized).jpg3bce6135f19db7beefd686212e40f6b7a3180be9_pdf (resized).jpg

#4400 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

It's Gandalf! GANDALF!
(Not Gandolf)

yeah what he said! lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.