IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 260.
#3952 6 years ago

Mine spins off the right wireform all the time too and onto the playfield. Thanks for the thorough instructions. Gonna try it again – but it's so scary! Feels like I'm going to snap the dang thing in half.

#3953 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Mind spins off the right wireform all the time too and onto the playfield. Thanks for the thorough instructions. Gonna try it again – but it's so scary! Feels like I'm going to snap the dang thing in half.

Yep, I know what you mean - just go slow and dont scratch anything!

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

just go slow and dont scratch anything!

Yeah no kidding. Mine only required approximately 1mm of lift. You don't really need a lot of bending to fix this issue. Well, in my case.

What an odd design flaw though eh?

I was thinking that wrapping a small piece of something rubber-like on the metal may also soak spinning energy out of the equation...

#3955 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Yeah no kidding. Mine only required approximately 1mm of lift. You don't really need a lot of bending to fix this issue. Well, in my case.
What an odd design flaw though eh?
I was thinking that wrapping a small piece of something rubber-like on the metal may also soak spinning energy out of the equation...

Mine Seemed like it needed a lot more than that - but I bet Its still only 2 or 3mm. Sometimes if I hit a perfect shot onto the right ramp it will still spin out, but far far less than before. I'm sure a rubber would help but it wouldn't look as cool!

#3956 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm sure a rubber would help but it wouldn't look as cool!

Maybe if the visible part of said rubber faces the back of the machine? I think that would permanently fix this issue.

But yeah, I'm with you.

#3957 6 years ago

One question, in this video right at the start is a melody that is so so good, is it in the game ?

#3958 6 years ago

Dwarf drop target(s) pops up and kicks the ball up, smashing the spotlight (above these targets) and bending its bracket.

Anybody else?

#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Dwarf drop target(s) pops up and kicks the ball up, smashing the spotlight (above these targets) and bending its bracket.
Anybody else?

Elf Targets ... ball smacks the glass REAL hard.

#3960 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Anybody else?

Yes. The ball sits on the dropped E target and I stand there cringing because I know it's about to find it during the ball search and smack the glass. Not sure if I can raise the dropped targets up just a millimeter or so.

#3961 6 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Not sure if I can raise the dropped targets up just a millimeter or so.

You mean like the white nylon screw at the bottom of each target position just for this ? Loosen nut, raise or lower with screw. Retighten the nut.

LTG : )

#3962 6 years ago

So you're saying I should've looked before I posted? Ha ha. Thanks Lloyd. Good to know exactky what to look for when I get tired of cringing and actually lift the playfield!

#3963 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean like the white nylon screw at the bottom of each target position just for this ? Loosen nut, raise or lower with screw. Retighten the nut.

I made this adjustment a while ago and the ball does not get stuck on the E anymore. Definitely do that. Mine pops the glass a few ways ... mostly during multiballs or during the modes that pop the targets up and down.

#3964 6 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

One question, in this video right at the start is a melody that is so so good, is it in the game ?
» YouTube video

I suspect you'll hear that one in SR's Elvis game

#3965 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Definitely do that.

Do what? In my case, the ball was not stuck. The ball was just at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Know what I mean?

#3966 6 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

» YouTube video

The tune in question is "Misty Mountain Cold". It would have been nice to include it in the game, but the licensing morass involved with it prevented its inclusion.

Although the tune is commonly (mis)credited to Howard Shore, it was written by David Long (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Long_(New_Zealand_musician)) in conjunction with Plan 9 (https://www.plan9.co.nz/).

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Do what? In my case, the ball was not stuck. The ball was just at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
Know what I mean?

Yes I do. Happens occasionally now for me. Before it would get stuck often on the "E" and followed what LTG said to adjust that row of targets. It happens on the dwarf targets rarely for me, but usually that is during a mode that pops the targets up and down.

#3968 6 years ago

Hey LTG! My Smaug mouth has very little up and down motion. He talks, but the moths only moves a tiny bit. I have had it in and out several times to adjust as the factory suggests, but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks!

#3969 6 years ago

Not much there. Binding or motor issue.

Did you open a ticket on it ?

#3970 6 years ago

Follow up, I did bend the spotlight bracket again. I was going for the skillshot there...
Annoying.

#3971 6 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Hey LTG! My Smaug mouth has very little up and down motion. He talks, but the moths only moves a tiny bit. I have had it in and out several times to adjust as the factory suggests, but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks!

Did you try the adjustments in the service menu ? You can put values for up and down there.

#3972 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Did you try the adjustments in the service menu ? You can put values for up and down there.

That is a good way to test - and observe behavior. It may be the motor is shot.

#3973 6 years ago

Stupid question coming up... Can the GI bulbs be swapped out or are they on boards. Manual suggests they are on boards and I'm away from home so can't check my game.

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Stupid question coming up... Can the GI bulbs be swapped out or are they on boards. Manual suggests they are on boards and I'm away from home so can't check my game.

They are on boards. One board per led to be precise.

#3975 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

They are on boards. One board per led to be precise.

Thanks for that, no chance of changing them out then, nevermind.

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

no chance of changing them out then

I'm curious. What changes would you make?

#3977 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I'm curious. What changes would you make?

I'm not a fan of cold whites for GI so wanted to try warm whites, thought it might also suit the playfield colours better. No bother though.

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm not a fan of cold whites for GI so wanted to try warm whites, thought it might also suit the playfield colours better. No bother though.

You could just put some orange foil over the leds on the board. They are very flat. I did that myself in the backbox and it makes the colours of the backglass much better.

#3979 6 years ago

Cool white works great during the moon runes mode. It's beautiful.

#3980 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

put white bulb condoms on.

#3981 6 years ago

The rollie pin thingy severed a LED wire? Had to re-solder and properly zip-tie the bastard.

20171028_090139 (resized).jpg20171028_090139 (resized).jpg

#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

put white bulb condoms on.

It just doesn't feel the same.

#3983 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It just doesn't feel the same.

but it protects!

#3984 6 years ago

Hey guys, my Orc just stopped registering hits? Without taking the beast out how much can I diagnose? What I can see so far is no loose solder connections or sheared wires. The leaf switch itself looks perfect, and should be working. The coil that raises the beast is operating properly and the switch at the inlane works to pop the beast up.

#3985 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

how much can I diagnose?

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, push it up, hit the character face - does it work then ?

#3986 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, push it up, hit the character face - does it work then ?

Nope, it does not register/work.

#3987 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Nope, it does not register/work.

Check wires from leaf blade character switch to connector below the assembly. Probably a broken wire.

#3988 6 years ago

I can't see anything obvious, will this job require the removal of the orc pop up?

#3989 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I can't see anything obvious, will this job require the removal of the orc pop up?

Removal not the end of the world. 5 screws and 2 or 3 connectors. And remove the top flap, 2 clips two springs.

First I'd unplug the connector for the character switch, put a meter on the connector, and push the face. Then you'd know the problem lies from the connector up to the face leaf blade.

#3990 6 years ago

I should have some time to tackle this tomorrow, I will report back with my findings.

Thanks!

#3991 6 years ago

Hey guys. I have this one off Hobbit Mod kit for sale.
PM if interested

Cheers
// MiMa

Hobbit_kit.pngHobbit_kit.png

#3992 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

First I'd unplug the connector for the character switch, put a meter on the connector, and push the face.

With the game OFF, right?

#3993 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

With the game OFF, right?

Right.

#3994 6 years ago

Yep game is off, I am about to get to work! Not too sure how to put a meter on the connector, but I will see if any wires need attention.

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yep game is off, I am about to get to work! Not too sure how to put a meter on the connector, but I will see if any wires need attention.

Once you get the assembly off you may find a wire my be cut or frayed. The biggest pain is removing the top (trap door metal) of the mech (so be careful not to lose a spring - there are two - one on each side). Removing from the PF after that is a breeze.

#3996 6 years ago

Hello, it seems that a new code will come out for the DI (code 1.50). By cons, still nothing for the hobbit !!!!!

#3997 6 years ago

Every DI production model shipped thus far has done so with 1.13 installed. This is DI’s first production code update. Hobbit has had many since production began in early 2016, including 2.0 which is the most recent one. There will be another by all accounts as well so I’m not especially worried.

#3998 6 years ago

White wire is severed to the leaf switch behind the beast's head, problem solved!

#3999 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Every DI production model shipped thus far has done so with 1.13 installed. This is DI’s first production code update. Hobbit has had many since production began in early 2016, including 2.0 which is the most recent one. There will be another by all accounts as well so I’m not especially worried.

Me, that worries me.
Jjp will release his fourth model (potc) but his second model is not finished (hobbit).
I hope they will not do like stern!

#4000 6 years ago

To each his own, but from listening to Keith, there is one more update coming for Hobbit. I have one also and I’m not worried.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/80?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.