Topic Stats

• 7,846 posts
  • 516 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,145 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_102423 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090419 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090400 (resized).jpg
182073EA-3A86-4714-A07D-DE14034970C6 (resized).jpeg
B7D506CB-DD8C-4B4D-A4C1-A02716D2C79C (resized).jpeg
FC83295A-EEBB-44D9-8B79-4FE11917D16A (resized).jpeg
20190903_191923 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7846 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 157.
#3851 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Do you think they were tightened too much at the factory?

Possibly. Or if a vendor made the whole assembly, they may have done it.

LTG : )

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you order one you might as well order a couple.
This is one piece that should have been made out of black delrin imho...

I ordered 4 just in case. I'll take pics and post of the repair next weekend

#3853 2 years ago

I finally killed the Smaug for the first time yesterday, as i have had that as a main goal with the game for a while. Yay! All tough i drained pretty soon after i managed to play a bit through Into The Fire too, so the final score was fairly decent.
DSC_0489 (resized).JPG

#3854 2 years ago

Lit Battle of the 5 Armies tonight, with a decent score (1.8million i think)... have not killed Smaug, need to figure that out... still love this game

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lit Battle of the 5 Armies tonight, with a decent score (1.8million i think)... have not killed Smaug, need to figure that out... still love this game

Four Smaug multiballs, and at the start of the fifth (that you start slightly different) you kill Smaug and get a pretty nice "trophy" for that, both how the game acts and the video-sequence that follows. It is actually harder than it sounds.

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Four Smaug multiballs, and at the start of the fifth (that you start slightly different) you kill Smaug and get a pretty nice "trophy" for that, both how the game acts and the video-sequence that follows. It is actually harder than it sounds.

Gotcha - I do not remember if I got to a 5th Smaug multiball. Obviously not. So it doesn't have anything to do with the 3 stages (i.e. Into the Fire, Barrels, etc.)

I wonder if there are secrets that have not been found yet? What happens if you complete all the modes? anybody done that?

#3857 2 years ago

Thought I would share this with hobbit owners in case there is interest. I've heard a few people complain that the backbox on woz and particularly TH being washed out. We created a backbox mod that brings out the detail and color a lot better. I haven't had time to make one for the hobbit yet, but did make one for woz that I thought came out really well, see video below. I'll try to make one for the hobbit in the next day or so and get a video up. It's plug and play using the existing backlight connections so you can choose to keep the existing light on if you want. pretty reasonably priced with a remote and rgb controller, $45 shipped.

My video isn't the best and in person it is very crisp and vivid

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Four Smaug multiballs, and at the start of the fifth (that you start slightly different) you kill Smaug

Just wanted to clarify: To kill Smaug you have to start Smaug Multiball. Then there are I think 4 or 5 stages to complete each ending with a super jackpot shot. The next to last stage has you hit the Man targets then Dwarf target bank (which are lit red) back and forth as lit until complete. Then you are on last stage to Kill Smaug. To do this you have to load the wind lance by hitting the right ramp. Hit the button to fire the wind lance that sends the ball to the right loop. When this happens, two of the dwarf targets will stand up with an opening between them. You have to use the upper right flipper to hit the stand up target (red flashing light) between the two drop targets to kill Smaug. This symbolizes the missing scale on the dragon that exposes his only weak spot. Then something awesome happens...and then you'll hear the best 3 words ever and then game resumes. There is a great Youtube video that demonstrates this and he even tells when to stop the video if you don't want to spoil the ending. I think it is linked in this forum topic somewhere, but I'm sure you can google it easy enough. Hope that helps.
Also, if your multiball ends, the next time you start multiball you pick up where you left off...i.e it saves your progress. So doesn't matter how many mutliballs you start...you just need to advance through all the stages to the end where you get to take your shot. If you miss, you can hit the MAN targets to allow you to reload the wind lance.

FYI killed smaug for the second time the other night...and it was epic. Had crazy Beast Frenzy going at the same time and still not sure how I hit that shot.

#3859 2 years ago

I appreciate your attempt to better explain how to kill Smaug, but I am left with questions. What is a "stage"? What am I supposed to do and how do I know when and how to do it? Is the machine telling me what to shoot for? When it comes to hitting the Man and Dwarf targets, do I need to drop them all or only hit one? This game is fun, but about as un-intuitive as any game I have ever played. I never know what to do, apart from a few basic shots like multi-ball and the basic arkenstones. Actually I am still unsure how to achieve the Arkenstone at the very top. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Never know why.
Also, everyone talks about the various modes and changing them by shooting the left ramp, but I have no idea what is required for the various modes. The machine doesn't seem to call out what shots to try for. Any tips there?

#3860 2 years ago

I thought

did a pretty good job of explaining it.

#3861 2 years ago

OK Sbmania and others, I'll give it a shot to teach...the Hobbit. Because I love this game and want everyone else to love it like it like I do. If anyone wants to jump in and help, please do. If you want me to stop, let me know.

First rule to learning the Hobbit: "it takes time"

There is so much going on, it just takes time to learn it and then to continually alter your strategies to play it. All JJP games play great in community. So, I recommend having someone else with you when you play to help. There is so much info on two screens and the playfield that having someone call out the shots helps. My son and daughter helped me so much in calling out the shots by reading the screens for me so I know what to do. Also, the latest code update really helped make this easier.

Modes: The left ramp will turn the page of the book to change the available mode. Modes are qualified by hitting drop targets, ramps and holes. Hit the left ramp (Book will be lit) to turn the page to get a different mode on queue. Then hit right ramp (when MODE is lit on the ramp) to select it. THIS IS THE TIME TO READ THE RULES!!!! Once selected, the book will tell you what to do. Think of it as an instruction book. That is where the second set of eyes comes in handy. Some modes are one shot and others are pretty complex. Getting to know the modes helps with strategy towards achieving arkenstone modes. Harder modes are there for the challenge...I've gotten to where I am trying to beat certain modes. Kind of like side quests in an rpg on PS3/PS4 game.

Completing a mode gives you one gem towards an Arkenstone qualification. More on that later.

Arkenstone Qualification and mini wizard modes:

First, if you just hang out and watch the attract mode, the game will tell and show you all of this on the big screen...but you are here asking, so I'll give you the info.

There are 3 Arkenstone modes (one for each film) and they can only be played in order: Into the fire (itf), Barrel escape (be), and Battle of the Five Armies (botfa).

To qualify to play an Arkenstone mode you must do five things in any order:
1) you must start a Smaug multiball (only start it, not kill Smaug)
2) You must start Beast Frenzy
3) You must complete a Mode
4) You must advance the ring (party) to Erebor (by hitting the spinners several times)
5) You must collect all the dwarves

Your progress in all of these areas is represented on the 4 corners of the big screen. Upper left is Smaug. Lower left beast frenzy. Upper middle is Mode. Upper Right is Erebor. And Lower right is Dwarves. Once you complete one of the qualifiers, the blank gem fragment will turn to gold/yellow in its respective corner. See, that big screen serves as your progress map!

Once you qualify for an Arkenstone mini wizard, that light will start to flash. Then you have to hit either right or left hole to start the Arkenstone mode. There will be a bit of fanfare and then it will begin as a multiball. Each mini wizard mode has several stages and again the instructions are on the book...but also now on the screen (I think with the latest update). Also, with the latest updates, the shots are color coded. For example ITF has shots lit up in green, BE in blue, and BOTFA I can't remember because I've only been there once.

Once again, my advice is it takes time. It's okay to lose a ball because you are looking up to read the instructions. Better to lose one ball and learn the rules so that from then on, you are knowing what to do. That is why I think Hobbit shines in the HUO environment. Sure, there is a ton of lights and excitement to be had on location. But to really love it, you have to own it and invest some time. Get a wife, girlfriend, buddy, or kid to call out the shots and read the instructions. Set the game to 5 balls instead of three (many of us do, we just don't say it in public). Also, consider changing Extra game award to awarding an extra ball, since at home you are on free play anyhow. Play enough and you'll learn them by heart...until you progress to a new area and have to learn on the fly.

Get it? Got it? Good!

Next question?

#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I appreciate your attempt to better explain how to kill Smaug, but I am left with questions. What is a "stage"? What am I supposed to do and how do I know when and how to do it? Is the machine telling me what to shoot for? When it comes to hitting the Man and Dwarf targets, do I need to drop them all or only hit one? This game is fun, but about as un-intuitive as any game I have ever played. I never know what to do, apart from a few basic shots like multi-ball and the basic arkenstones. Actually I am still unsure how to achieve the Arkenstone at the very top. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Never know why.
Also, everyone talks about the various modes and changing them by shooting the left ramp, but I have no idea what is required for the various modes. The machine doesn't seem to call out what shots to try for. Any tips there?

The machine does 2 things to tell you what shots to hit during a mode: they are very clearly listed on the main screen, and the game lights flashing red inserts like every other game. Some of hte confusion is in that you can have several things going on at once, and you do need the main screen to clarify sometimes.

It is definitely hard to pick up on from the screen in the middle of playing, so you do have to be familiar with the modes a little bit, or cradle the ball while you look up and get your bearings. the game also allows you to complete a mode while in a Multiball, but it's tough.

My god, that description of killing Smaug tells me I need to get a HELL of a lot better at this game! How in the hell can you shoot precise shots during the multiball craziness! lol

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

and the game lights flashing red inserts like every other game

Actually, with 2.0 update, they are orange/gold colored.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

the game also allows you to complete a mode while in a Multiball, but it's tough.

I sometimes find it easier to complete some modes while in Smaug multiball. Especially the ones that require a lot of drop targets like Riddles in the Dark. However, if you are in Smaug multiball, the Smaug lights will be up and the mode lights will not necessarily be lit. So, again, knowing the mode will help...or if you are like me, you'll just get lucky and complete a mode in Smaug multiball.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How in the hell can you shoot precise shots during the multiball craziness!

On my second time I killed Smaug I saw the ball hit the target bouncing off a Beast and then was like "what the heck!" when my flippers stopped working and looked up and was then screaming "Heck Yeah! Die you Dragon!!!"

I've heard skilled players say that when you hit the last stage of Smaug multiball, to cradle a ball in the right flipper, then load the wind lance with the left. Then instead of trying to hit the target with the upper flipper, use the ball in the lower right flipper. It makes it an easier shot. My two kills were 1) upper right flipper and 2) ricochet from left flipper off Beast into target (because I'm that good...um...er...lucky!)

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

It's actually very intuitive.

Look at the colors...the colors all MEAN something, and are always consistent. Purple inserts are all the Dwarves to collect...when they turn white, that means you got them. Green always represents LOCKS. The yellow inserts in front of the Beasts indicates that you got them.

When you start a mode on the right ramp, the shots for the mode are ALWAYS ORANGE. There are sometimes blue shots that you need to hit to light orange shots.

When you start a mode, LOOK AT THE BOOK! The book tells you EXACTLY what to shoot for.

As for Smaug "stages"....when you're in Smaug Multiball, you have to hit a certain amount of Jackpots (all the fire orangey flickery inserts). After you get them, the super Jackpot will light on a target in front of him (it flickers blue/red). Get the Super Jackpots, and the regular Jackpots light up again - and you're onto the next "stage"....the story clips on the screen move onto the next part. Keep doing this, Jackpots, Super Jackpot, Jackpots Super Jackpot...eventually the final Super Jackpot kills him. If you don't get them all in one multiball, it saves your progress for the next time you start the Multiball. So, if you got 1 Super Jackpot the first time, you're working toward the 2nd the next.

As for The Arkenstones, it's quite simple. Look at the screen, and you see the Arkenstone piece is dim in each section until you get it, then it's fully colored in gold. Here's how you get the 5 pieces:
-COMPLETE any mode (not just play, but complete)
-PLAY Smaug MB (By locking 3 balls)
-PLAY Beast MB (by hitting the 4 Beasts)
-PLAY Feast Frenzy (by collecting all Dwarves)
-COMPLETE the map to Erebor (by spinning the orbit spinners)

#3865 2 years ago

I'm going to add one more thing. If you haven't watched them (or not since you've gotten the machine), watch the movies again. Knowing the story kind of helps you understand and know your progression through the modes, multiballs, and wizard modes. You don't have to, but I think it helps and helped my enjoyment of the movies. And my daughter next to me calling out "Ball 1 locked, ball 2 locked, and MULTIBALL!" during the second movie was hysterical.

#3866 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just wanted to clarify: To kill Smaug you have to start Smaug Multiball. Then there are I think 4 or 5 stages to complete each ending with a super jackpot shot. The next to last stage has you hit the Man targets then Dwarf target bank (which are lit red) back and forth as lit until complete. Then you are on last stage to Kill Smaug. To do this you have to load the wind lance by hitting the right ramp. Hit the button to fire the wind lance that sends the ball to the right loop. When this happens, two of the dwarf targets will stand up with an opening between them. You have to use the upper right flipper to hit the stand up target (red flashing light) between the two drop targets to kill Smaug. This symbolizes the missing scale on the dragon that exposes his only weak spot. Then something awesome happens...and then you'll hear the best 3 words ever and then game resumes. There is a great Youtube video that demonstrates this and he even tells when to stop the video if you don't want to spoil the ending. I think it is linked in this forum topic somewhere, but I'm sure you can google it easy enough. Hope that helps.
Also, if your multiball ends, the next time you start multiball you pick up where you left off...i.e it saves your progress. So doesn't matter how many mutliballs you start...you just need to advance through all the stages to the end where you get to take your shot. If you miss, you can hit the MAN targets to allow you to reload the wind lance.
FYI killed smaug for the second time the other night...and it was epic. Had crazy Beast Frenzy going at the same time and still not sure how I hit that shot.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I was not playing well enough then as it took me 5 Smaug Multiballs to do it. And it explains why i thought my last multiball started differently. Awsome with people that actually knows the rulset

#3867 2 years ago

So, to kill Smaug, just ignore everything else and go nuts repeating Smaug multiball until your saved progress smites him? Check.

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I was not playing well enough then as it took me 5 Smaug Multiballs to do it. And it explains why i thought my last multiball started differently. Awsome with people that actually knows the rulset

This is all completely news to me - I thought you killed Smaug after Battle of the 5 Armies, which doesn't make sense from a story standpoint

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is all completely news to me - I thought you killed Smaug after Battle of the 5 Armies, which doesn't make sense from a story standpoint

The game isn't a linear narrative, as a good game should be.

#3870 2 years ago

I really think that the value and perceived rank of The Hobbit will improve over time when more and more people spend time with it to understand it. It is the good and bad of a deep rule set.

#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I really think that the value and perceived rank of The Hobbit will improve over time when more and more people spend time with it to understand it. It is the good and bad of a deep rule set.

100% agree - every time I play it I am frustrated I didn't get farther, but I keep going back for "one more game..."

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just like my LOTR....need to play them a while to appreciate...Hobbit is a fantastic pin ...

#3873 2 years ago

Great discussion guys about the rules, learned some good tips! Thanks.

Here's hoping that we see another code update drop around Expo.

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great discussion guys about the rules, learned some good tips! Thanks.
Here's hoping that we see another code update drop around Expo.

I wish. But with JJP wanting to impress with JJP4 I am guessing its been all hands on deck with that as a priority, a then Hobbit final code will come after that.

#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I wish. But with JJP wanting to impress with JJP4 I am guessing its been all hands on deck with that as a priority, a then Hobbit final code will come after that.

Are we expecting they will do a reveal at expo this year? Doesn't mean the game will flip yet, I suppose

#3876 2 years ago

Yeah, confirmed reveal in 2 weeks
I believe in the same fashion as dialed in.
Why do you think Keith has finsihed up Hobbit?

#3877 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yeah, confirmed reveal in 2 weeks
I believe in the same fashion as dialed in.
Why do you think Keith has finsihed up Hobbit?

There is at least an INTENT to add at least one more mode/stage/etc, as the file system has a folder called (if i recall correctly) "there and back again"

#3878 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for Cliffys and a plastic protector set for Hobbit I listed these in the marketplace this morning...

Archived after 1 day
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Mod - For Sale
New “I have a full set of Cliffys for Hobbit that I never used as well as the plastic protector set (amber color) that I used on the game for a few plays before going back to clear. $...”
2017-09-26
St. Charles, IL
75 (Firm)

#3879 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There is at least an INTENT to add at least one more mode/stage/etc, as the file system has a folder called (if i recall correctly) "there and back again"

I just want the beast lighting bug fixed that was introduced in the last update.

#3880 2 years ago

Thanks to all who helped explain - especially Rarehero and Crile1! I now can begin to understand what must be done to progress through the game.

A suggestion to anyone from JJP who might be reading along: Why not have a software option for something like "Old School Mode" or something like that, which the owner can select to drastically simplify the requirements to move from level to level? This would be for those younger players, or less skilled players who might play for a long long time without ever succeeding in doing everything needed to kill Smaug for example? Let the game default be as programmed, but let the rules be able to be simplified with the selection of a software option for those who don't need or want the great depth and complexity available to them in the standard game.

I'm guessing a lot of Hobbit owners who get frustrated and sell their games quickly might find a simpler Hobbit quite enjoyable when they don't have to play through stage after stage after stage to get to the "good stuff"! And the better players can still have the depth they want. Just a thought....

#3881 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Thanks to all who helped explain - especially Rarehero and Crile1! I now can begin to understand what must be done to progress through the game.
A suggestion to anyone from JJP who might be reading along: Why not have a software option for something like "Old School Mode" or something like that, which the owner can select to drastically simplify the requirements to move from level to level? This would be for those younger players, or less skilled players who might play for a long long time without ever succeeding in doing everything needed to kill Smaug for example? Let the game default be as programmed, but let the rules be able to be simplified with the selection of a software option for those who don't need or want the great depth and complexity available to them in the standard game.
I'm guessing a lot of Hobbit owners who get frustrated and sell their games quickly might find a simpler Hobbit quite enjoyable when they don't have to play through stage after stage after stage to get to the "good stuff"! And the better players can still have the depth they want. Just a thought....

You can install "easy" difficulty in the menu, just like most DMD games

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

So, to kill Smaug, just ignore everything else and go nuts repeating Smaug multiball until your saved progress smites him? Check.

had 4 Smaug Multiballs, made it through barrel escape and still didn't kill him....yet.

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

had 4 Smaug Multiballs, made it through barrel escape and still didn't kill him....yet.

You will. Took me almost 10 months before I did. And now I can do it in less than 30 games or so, which means about once a weekish

#3884 2 years ago

Killed Smaug tonight!! First time I ever got it, thanks to the descriptions you guys gave. Completely -entirely - a fluke. I just kept trying to set up Smaug multiball and on the second or third one I had enough jackpots/supers to do the final shot, and I happened to have a ball rolling down to the flipper, the middle dwarf target suddenly lit, and I nailed it!

So cool the flippers go dead and it plays that whole sequence. You miss SO much in this game because you have to keep your head down, i think they should build in more little sequences like that!

Then of course I just totally drained out on the last ball, really bad. Didn't even start Into The Fire

#3885 2 years ago

Love this thread. Just saying.

#3886 2 years ago

RGB backbox mod...in our pinside shop or our website, Lermods.com. I am terrible at making videos.

#3887 2 years ago

Big FYI:

The 2.0 update included an option to shut off Beast Frenzy. To do this, you have to have to score a super jackpot during Beast Frenzy mode. When you hear Gandalf call out "Super Jackpot" hit the button and Beast Frenzy will immediately turn off. This is EXTREMELY helpful when trying to get through Smaug multiball or complete a mode.

#3888 2 years ago

Beat Into the Fire last week for the first time (made it through all the stages). So cool to get to take some victory laps. Spoiler alert: EAGLES!!!!

***not a spoiler alert if you've seen the films

#3889 2 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

I thought » YouTube video did a pretty good job of explaining it.

Outstanding. Really needed that! Thanks for the video. Stopped the video short of hitting between the scales though. Can't see what happens when I kill Smaug until I do it for myself!

Wish it would show which Smaug MB stage you're in in the upper left display though.

Anyway, thanks again!

#3890 2 years ago

Just picked up a Hobbit Smaug and I am really enjoying it. Does anyone else yell out Multiball along with Gandalf? I just can't help myself. haha

Kyle

#3891 2 years ago

Just picked up a Smaug edition last Thursday. One and only game tonight, 40 minutes and this score. Had played the first 2 arkenstone modes and most of the board on the display was complete. What is the ultimate objective to "complete/beat" the game?

20171003_202700 (resized).jpg

#3892 2 years ago

Holy crap, great score! Your one and only game!? Screw you dude!! lol

At this poiint in the game code, killing Smaug is more like the 'ultimate' objective. There is supposed to be a wizard mode "there and back again" but it is not yet implemented. This game rules. Obviously yours is too easy!!! Mine still occasionally drains the ball when it spins out from the right wireform, which is INFURIATING

#3893 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holy crap, great score! Your one and only game!? Screw you dude!! lol
At this poiint in the game code, killing Smaug is more like the 'ultimate' objective. There is supposed to be a wizard mode "there and back again" but it is not yet implemented. This game rules. Obviously yours is too easy!!! Mine still occasionally drains the ball when it spins out from the right wireform, which is INFURIATING

I have seen a ball or two come down the right return and jump to the outlane, completely baffled me lol. Guess I will keep trying to kill Smaug then if that is the end all at this point. Thanks for the info.

#3894 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I have seen a ball or two come down the right return and jump to the outlane, completely baffled me lol. Guess I will keep trying to kill Smaug then if that is the end all at this point. Thanks for the info.

Try playing with the glass On this time! Lol Good score playing this game is a love hate. From 2 minutes to 50 and never a dull moment. Enjoy.

#3895 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Definitely not the end all...I can kill Smaug in 5 minutes. Getting through and beating all the Arkenstone modes as well as playing all the normal modes are what I would consider the ultimate goal at this point. Waiting for a final code drop...

#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Definitely not the end all...I can kill Smaug in 5 minutes. Getting through and beating all the Arkenstone modes as well as playing all the normal modes are what I would consider the ultimate goal at this point. Waiting for a final code drop...

I have had my game for 2 months. Never killed Smaug. Had a chance the other day and missed the shot. Only gotten to the end of Barrel Escape. What is the secret to killing him in just a few minutes?

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I have had my game for 2 months. Never killed Smaug. Had a chance the other day and missed the shot. Only gotten to the end of Barrel Escape. What is the secret to killing him in just a few minutes?

Concentrate on locks, start Smaug multiball, make the multiball jackpots, kill Smaug. Done. There are no pre-requisites to do it. Just play the multiball.

#3898 2 years ago

Just wanted to share a scoring trick I found. I used to hate the mode "The Bait" until I figured out every left ramp shot awards the current shot value and increases the value of the next shot. I completed Radagast the Brown and Dol Guldur then played The Bait and just kept nailing left ramp shots. Total mode score with the map bonus was over 200,000.

#3899 2 years ago

Concerning Bait, I bomb out on that mode but actually got 70% done the other day. I think I needed right hole to finish.

Anyway, two reasons for poor performance may be, first it's hard for me second the graphics and sound are so excellent I look at the screen too much.

After reading about Smaug, I think I was within one shot of killing him but drained. This is such a great pin for me.

#3900 2 years ago

The game is so long it can be so frustrating when you "almost" kill Smaug or almost complete an arkwnstone mode - that's the "one more game" effect for me!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7846 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 157.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside