IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 260.
#3751 6 years ago

Thanks! Probably why I didn't see it. I haven't gone in to system settings.

#3752 6 years ago

Almost completed into the fire, got to third stage of Barrel Chase, missed the kill shot on Smaug...one heck of an epic game! I love this game. Just a shout out to fellow owners, I know this game gets some hate on here, but this is one purchase I don't regret. I've had it since March and no major issues except it continues to kick my butt. I'm sure my next 20 games will stink, but an epic run like tonight keeps me coming back. I hope you all love it like I do. Makes me feel like a kid again, and for me, that is what pinball is all about.

#3753 6 years ago

What does it mean when the round Arkenstone light at the bottom of the playfield is flashing or lit?

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Almost completed into the fire, got to third stage of Barrel Chase, missed the kill shot on Smaug...one heck of an epic game! I love this game. Just a shout out to fellow owners, I know this game gets some hate on here, but this is one purchase I don't regret. I've had it since March and no major issues except it continues to kick my butt. I'm sure my next 20 games will stink, but an epic run like tonight keeps me coming back. I hope you all love it like I do. Makes me feel like a kid again, and for me, that is what pinball is all about.

Very well said, I feel exactly the same!

#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

What does it mean when the round Arkenstone light at the bottom of the playfield is flashing or lit?

Future code to come?

1 week later
#3756 6 years ago

I know this is an owners' thread, but if anyone has a friend in the NY area that's looking for a deal, here you go:

1 week later
#3757 6 years ago

I've got an issue with a drop target I'm hoping someone can give me advice on how to fix. One of the DWARF (the W) drop targets doesn't consistently stay up when raised. If I push up the plunger that goes through the coil manually, it doesn't stay raised. If I push on the plastic piece behind the drop target that breaks the site line of the opto, it does stay up. I haven't yet unscrewed the bank of drop targets to take a closer look, but thought I'd seek advice before messing around in there.

Any suggestions?

#3758 6 years ago

Has anybody figured out what issue the upgraded left wireform is addressing?

On my game the right hand wireform is the one which causes unfair drains FAR more often. I've bent it up a bit but it's still happening occasionally. I'm a little tentative to really bend it a lot, in case the weld won't hold.

Anyway so what's the left one helping with?

#3759 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

I've got an issue with a drop target I'm hoping someone can give me advice on how to fix. One of the DWARF (the W) drop targets doesn't consistently stay up when raised. If I push up the plunger that goes through the coil manually, it doesn't stay raised. If I push on the plastic piece behind the drop target that breaks the site line of the opto, it does stay up. I haven't yet unscrewed the bank of drop targets to take a closer look, but thought I'd seek advice before messing around in there.
Any suggestions?

I have had that happen 2 times now. The issue is that there is a black plastic 'ridge' that the drops will sit on when raised up. When hit it will push back off the ridge and the spring will pull it down (drop it). I have found that if it doesn't stay up well (or at all) it is because that black plastic ridge is broken. My understanding is that you can't fix it - and have to replace the entire drop target assembly.

#3760 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anybody figured out what issue the upgraded left wireform is addressing?
On my game the right hand wireform is the one which causes unfair drains FAR more often. I've bent it up a bit but it's still happening occasionally. I'm a little tentative to really bend it a lot, in case the weld won't hold.
Anyway so what's the left one helping with?

It is to stop the ball from falling off the left side of the rails as it is coming down to the windlance and trapping above the left side of the game.

#3761 6 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Any suggestions?

Try replacing the drop target itself.
Order a single drop target and a new W decal, Without looking at it, it might just be worn or a bad molding.
Pull it out an post some pics or move it to the next location and see if the problem follows it.

#3762 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice on the drop targets, folks, I'll pull it and try to see what's broken.

#3763 6 years ago

After 2 years finally defeated Smaug...flippers went dead, watched the screen. It was amazing!! Wish I knew what I did would like to do it again.

#3764 6 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

After 2 years finally defeated Smaug...flippers went dead, watched the screen. It was amazing!! Wish I knew what I did would like to do it again.

whoa! Congratulations. Played for about 45 minutes today and had the worst games since I've owned it. Never even made it to the Barrel level. Damn modes!

#3765 6 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Congrats! It's actually easy to understand how to, but still challenging to actually do it. There is a great YouTube video on how to. Find it, and you'll understand much better. Great game Hobbit is.

#3766 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Future code to come?

Okay, so I got the scoop on the Arkenstone light...
There are 5 tasks (as you know) to complete to setup an Arkenstone mode (the first mode is Into the Fire). To setup and light Into the Fire, you collect the five pieces by getting all the dwarves, reaching Erebor on the spinners and so on. As you complete each task, not only do you get the shard on the monitor filled in but the Arkenstone light will begin to flicker after you complete one of them, then change and get brighter after two, and so on. Keith says there are specific colors involved but looking at my game that is hard to tell. It just bumps up the intensity and speed of the pulsing as you collect more shards. That light becomes most intense and brightest when an Arkenstone mode is qualified and ready to start.

#3767 6 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

That light becomes most intense and brightest when an Arkenstone mode is qualified and ready to start.

No shit? Thanks! Never noticed, too busy staying alive.

#3768 6 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

No shit? Thanks! Never noticed, too busy staying alive.

Never noticed that either, very cool detail! I am having the hardest time completing ONE mode lately, can get the other 4 items easily almost every game, but ...OMG I always end up with one of those modes where you need to nail a single Elf target. Guess I should write down some of the easier damn modes

#3769 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Never noticed that either, very cool detail! I am having the hardest time completing ONE mode lately, can get the other 4 items easily almost every game, but ...OMG I always end up with one of those modes where you need to nail a single Elf target. Guess I should write down some of the easier damn modes

You can cancel the pending mode via the lockbar button before hitting the ramp.
After hitting the mode/book ramp you can use the flippers to select different modes while the ball is on the wireform.
They will be listed on the playfield screen.

#3770 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

After hitting the mode/book ramp you can use the flippers to select different modes while the ball is on the wireform.

I know, I do it all the time - I'm just not familiar enough with which modes to know the ones I can finish; some of them are super easy "hit the right ramp" and the others go in and on and on and on...

#3771 6 years ago

The one ring is one shot right ramp. Revenge of Sauron is 5 shots left ramp loop over and over.

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The one ring is one shot right ramp. Revenge of Sauron is 5 shots left ramp loop over and over.

I have lost count of how many times I couldnt make the "One Ring" shot under pressure...
The game is amazing!

#3773 6 years ago

I have lost count of how many times I couldnt make the "One Ring" shot under pressure...
The game is amazing!

I think it would be cool if it took 2 shots to the right ramp to complete the mode (to make it a bit more challenging). There seems to be enough video to do a looping in during those two shots. Maybe hit the goblin first (to make the ring drop) and then the right ramp to have Bilbo pick it up.

It would also be cool if that mode - once completed - would automatically charge the ring (if not already) - or light golem.

#3774 6 years ago

I'm hoping that we see another code update by or at expo with a super wizard mode!

#3775 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm hoping that we see another code update by or at expo with a super wizard mode!

I think Keith has a few other goodies in mind as well - but he is probably very busy on other projects. I am still certain he can continue to elevate the code on hobbit.

#3776 6 years ago

My Goblin head after a number of plays will slowly be moved to the side to the point where it impedes the ability of the mech to go up and down. I have to take the glass off and physically push the head to the right. I guess it is a little loose. My question (and afraid of the answer) is to tighten the head, do I need to remove the entire mech?

#3777 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My Goblin head after a number of plays will slowly be moved to the side to the point where it impedes the ability of the mech to go up and down. I have to take the glass off and physically push the head to the right. I guess it is a little loose. My question (and afraid of the answer) is to tighten the head, do I need to remove the entire mech?

Likely yes. I had the same issue and many of the screws for the beast heads were losse. I posted a guide in this thread or The Hobbit tweak thread on how to fix the issue.

#3778 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

You can tighten the screws with a tiny wrench (like ignition wrenches) or a 4" channel lock (craftsman sells one).
Raise the mech manually and put a tool under the shaft to keep it raised.
Pull off the hair pins and remove the lid with springs ( dont loose the tiny parts they can go flying)
This will allow you to access the screws for tightening.
You can actually tighten the screws without removing the lid but its slow going.

#3779 6 years ago

Hello,
when the grand finale is scheduled?
It's been over a year since the hobbit came out !!!
Be careful not to do as STERN, wrong direction

#3780 6 years ago

Hey fellow Barrel Riders,
My top left pop up isn't going back into the playfield when hit. It registers a hit, but stays up for duration of cycle, as if not hit. Anyone had this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Luke

#3781 6 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
when the grand finale is scheduled?
It's been over a year since the hobbit came out !!!
Be careful not to do as STERN, wrong direction

I think their code for Hobbit was ahead of most Stern code from day 1...

#3782 6 years ago

If you have a friend who has been drooling over your Hobbit, you may want them to check out this fantastic deal. (Shameless self promotion.)

#3783 6 years ago

OH. MY. GOD. I have just under 1000 games on my machine and I had NO CLUE that I could do this, I thought you had to hit the ramp each time you wanted to change modes. Then I could never get to the modes I really wanted to do as feeder modes. YOU HAVE JUST CHANGED MY LIFE.

#3784 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Congrats! It's actually easy to understand how to, but still challenging to actually do it. There is a great YouTube video on how to. Find it, and you'll understand much better. Great game Hobbit is.

do you have the link ?

#3785 6 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

OH. MY. GOD. I have just under 1000 games on my machine and I had NO CLUE that I could do this, I thought you had to hit the ramp each time you wanted to change modes. Then I could never get to the modes I really wanted to do as feeder modes. YOU HAVE JUST CHANGED MY LIFE.

Your welcome!

#3786 6 years ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

Wait I didn't know this either. So you have from the time the ball is on the ramp to when it lands on the playfield again? I could not get this to work earlier..

#3787 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait I didn't know this either. So you have from the time the ball is on the ramp to when it lands on the playfield again? I could not get this to work earlier..

Yes. Shoot the left ramp and use the flippers to change the selected mode. If you want to start the mode that is selected, shoot the right ramp if it is lighted red. If the right ramp is lighted green, hit the lockbar button to cancel the lock first. The ramp lighting will change to red. This only works if the lockbar button is lit. If it is not lit, shoot the ball around a bit (I mostly shoot it into the bumpers) and it will light rather quickly.

Great game.

#3788 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Yes. Shoot the left ramp and use the flippers to change the selected mode. If you want to start the mode that is selected, shoot the right ramp if it is lighted red. If the right ramp is lighted green, hit the lockbar button to cancel the lock first. The ramp lighting will change to red. This only works if the lockbar button is lit. If it is not lit, shoot the ball around a bit (I mostly shoot it into the bumpers) and it will light rather quickly.
Great game.

Oh, I get it now. I was trying to change the mode after hitting the right ramp.

#3789 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh, I get it now. I was trying to change the mode after hitting the right ramp.

If the left ramp is lit book, you can turn the pages with the flippers after you shoot the left ramp.

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

If the left ramp is lit book, you can turn the pages with the flippers after you shoot the left ramp.

Did not know that...how long do you have?

#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Did not know that...how long do you have?

Until it hits the inlane switch.

#3792 6 years ago

Just as long as it is on the left ramp,not very long

#3793 6 years ago

Choosing the modes. Must admit I wasn't aware of this until a few months into ownership. The Hobbit really is a fantastic piece of work. Some great coding and integration of theme here. The new code keeps making it better.

#3794 6 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Choosing the modes. Must admit I wasn't aware of this until a few months into ownership. The Hobbit really is a fantastic piece of work. Some great coding and integration of theme here. The new code keeps making it better.

I have been playing MMr quite a lot recently, which is a much more - maybe not 'deep', but has a lot more modes than I thought. I sort of think of WOZ as the next level of TZ, and likewise TH the next level of MM. Sure, there's no castle, but there are still a lot of similarities. I've been going through "if I can only keep one of the two games..." type of thinking. TH blows it away in almost every capacity.

#3795 6 years ago

Here's one of the smaug tutorials that helped me greatly.

#3796 6 years ago

That's a good video on how to kill Smaug. But still doesn't stop me from missing the shot and watching the ball drain my dreams away. I have my Hobbit right next to a LOTR and in my opinion, killing Smaug is harder than destroying the ring.

#3797 6 years ago

I finally killed smaug once after learning how to get there. It's a great challenge for sure, and very cool once you do it.

#3798 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

» YouTube video
Here's one of the smaug tutorials that helped me greatly.

Hey awesome video
There is another one on how to get into arkenstone modes.

#3799 6 years ago

Hey everyone, my right orbit spinner is not registering/advancing to Erebor. Does this switch need replacement or is there a simple fix?

#3800 6 years ago

Tests switch test matrixed switch tests then spin it and see if the game registers it. If not physically push down on the micro switch arm next to the spinner
Does that register? If so then your actuator (switch arm) needs a gentle Bend up carefully hold the arm down against the body when you bend it
If still not reading look at 2 pin connector underneath and look for broken soldered wires on the switch body

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/76?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.