IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 260.
#3451 6 years ago

Is there a certain rating I should be looking for on the new aux cord?

#3452 6 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Is there a certain rating I should be looking for on the new aux cord?

I used an Amazon Basic cord and it worked fine. You may be able to get away with a spare cord around your house. The one that JJP supplies is pure garbage. In fact, the plug on mine didn't even fit snugly in the jack. Here is a link to the amazon product

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B00NO73MUQ/ref=sr_1_5

#3453 6 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I used an Amazon Basic cord and it worked fine. You may be able to get away with a spare cord around your house. The one that JJP supplies is pure garbage. In fact, the plug on mine didn't even fit snugly in the jack. Here is a link to the amazon product
amazon.com link »

Thanks I'll check it out.

#3454 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Come see us at the rocky Mountain pinball showdown with new dialed in code, and new hobbit code.

#3455 6 years ago

Yes! Fingers crossed that The latest Hobbit code is beyond what is in 1.95P.

#3456 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes! Fingers crossed that The latest Hobbit code is beyond what is in 1.95P.

I'm starting to think we won't get a final wizard mode. Don't know why, but I just don't think we will. Hoping I'm wrong. Battle of five armies is the end of trilogy, so what else is there?

#3457 6 years ago

"Hobbit what-should-be-final test version to 2.0 is testing now internally and at Denver, and probably Seattle later on. There's not a huge list of changes since 1.95, but mostly every bug we know of should be fixed...//... Hobbit, as of expo, was rules-complete for all playfield inserts. When 2.0 is released it will have full choreography for all current rules features. There will be future updates as time permits. I can say I have plans for various "champion" items, some extra bonuses associated with Feast Frenzy and Super Spinner, and a final mode. Maybe some additional configuration options for more interesting game play WRT Arkenstone modes. Additional modes and multiballs apart from what I've alluded to will not be added as those were not in the design plan, and generating and getting approvals for additional assets required is problematic" [Keith]

#3458 6 years ago

2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0

#3459 6 years ago

It's awesome that Keith commented on code status over at the JJP Google Group. It sounds like 2.0 will really polish up the game and that there are plans (as time permits) to add a final mode and add some things to existing modes. That's great to hear.

#3460 6 years ago

Thinking about the WOZ development, The differences between 5.0 and 6.0 were epic. 6.05 is amazing! I received my game with version 3.0.

I can only hope that with continuing support for code updates, the Hobbit can be transformed into a smooth polished game creatively implemented as well as the WOZ.

#3461 6 years ago

Good to hear plans for a final mode. Hope it happens, and hopefully sooner than later.

#3462 6 years ago

Here's the full post from the Google group in case anyone doesn't have access to it:

Hi everyone.

Hobbit what-should-be-final test version to 2.0 is testing now internally and at Denver, and probably Seattle later on. There's not a huge list of changes since 1.95, but mostly every bug we know of should be fixed.

I'm sorry it took as long as it did, but the software department has been very busy. For example:

Trying to track down the sound popping problem on Hobbit
Getting DI done so that it ships "rules-complete"
Adding innovative hardware feature support to our code including:
bluetooth support
app support
camera support
integrated external/headphone volume controls
Adding innovative software features to our code like Reserve Ball Play
Constant improvement to our systems so issues arise far less often
Development of games #4 and #5.

Some of these system improvements have held up release of Hobbit and WOZ because they created issues in those games that had to be resolved, But, our intention is as we update our system, we keep releasing older games so they benefit from them as well. That's why, for example, WOZ has daily high scores now, a feature greatly appreciated by a large number of our customers that have casual friends come over and play.

Hobbit, as of expo, was rules-complete for all playfield inserts. When 2.0 is released it will have full choreography for all current rules features. There will be future updates as time permits. I can say I have plans for various "champion" items, some extra bonuses associated with Feast Frenzy and Super Spinner, and a final mode. Maybe some additional configuration options for more interesting game play WRT Arkenstone modes. Additional modes and multiballs apart from what I've alluded to will not be added as those were not in the design plan, and generating and getting approvals for additional assets required is problematic.

In my opinion, Hobbit the most and most varied gameplay possible compared to almost any other game out there. I pride myself on making each game I work on feel different from the rest, and I feel Hobbit does that perfectly. It features many strategies for "blowing the game up" in terms of creating awesome scoring setups, stacking possibilities, and many "stages" or "levels" of major events, such as 6 stages in Smaug Multiball, 5 stages of Into the Fire and Barrel Escape, and 7 stages of Battle of Five Armies.

The game is bursting with content. All of our games lead the industry in terms of amount and polish of content.

I and my team are extremely proud of the work we did on Oz, Hobbit, DI, and everything coming down the line. Not every person can like every game, nor can every game be presented in the same way. You would eventually come to like that way less, trust me.

keith

#3463 6 years ago

Wow, did the lead programmer just tell us bug fixes are coming, but no drastic changes are planned and if you don't like TH buy something else? Much respect. Ballsy, but gotta respect his mic drop.

#3464 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Wow, did the lead programmer just tell us bug fixes are coming, but no drastic changes are planned and if you don't like TH buy something else? Much respect. Ballsy, but gotta respect his mic drop.

I thought that was a very diplomatic way of saying "it's DI time..." and notice he dropped the fact that they are working on code for game 4 AND 5. Still want a TH...

#3465 6 years ago

did the lead programmer just tell us bug fixes are coming, but no drastic changes are planned

Probably not "drastic changes", but also more than just bug fixes:

"I can say I have plans for various "champion" items, some extra bonuses associated with Feast Frenzy and Super Spinner, and a final mode. Maybe some additional configuration options for more interesting game play WRT Arkenstone modes."

#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I thought that was a very diplomatic way of saying "it's DI time..."

I took it more as "it has been DI time, now for some more Hobbit time".

#3467 6 years ago

The game really doesn't need more modes (other then final mode which Keith has plans for), it already has more modes then any other pin. It's bringing everything together better that needs to be addressed and it sounds like that is happening with 2.0 and moving forward.

#3468 6 years ago

i think they're going to have more callouts and directions as to what to do during the game. Now it's like guessing at what to shoot at

#3469 6 years ago

It the screens for every mode told you what to do, then I think this game will be really good.

#3470 6 years ago

I didnt read it that way.

My take was that you dont want all games to be the same all the time. Dont expect a particular game coder to always do the same things all the time. Type-casting a programmer is fun but, they always like to do new things, take it or leave it.

My Hobbit™ is the most innovative, strategic, beautiful game I have ever experienced. Plus the audio is AMAZING!
It just needs a couple more code updates to give it a nice shine

New ideas, new games and new trends are a big part of pinball.
So if you dont like a particular game, move on to another. There's always a game that you will like, just keep playing!

That being said, I have an official document (flyer?) that says I get a topper.....

Where is my topper?

#3471 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I didnt read it that way.
My take was that you dont want all games to be the same all the time. Dont expect a particular game coder to always do the same things all the time. Type-casting a programmer is fun but, they always like to do new things, take it or leave it.
New ideas, new games and new trends are a big part of pinball.
So if you dont like a particular game, move on to another. There's always a game that you will like, just keep playing!
That being said, I have an official document (flyer?) that says I get a topper.....
Where is my topper?

I think that's the official Hobbit topper by Laseriffic.

#3472 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

It the screens for every mode told you what to do, then I think this game will be really good.

The mini book LCD provides the player directions for what shot needs to be hit next for every mode and time remaining to complete the mode. Hitting the left ramp while a book mode is running will add time to it. During normal play hitting the left ramp changes the book mode that will be played next.

I'm hoping that there will be some new Gandalf voice actor callouts in 2.0.

When Keith said "When 2.0 is released it will have full choreography for all current rules features" that may very well include more callouts.

#3473 6 years ago

I took out my posts today and found that the right side has been tightened so hard it's damaged the playfield. What can I do to reduce the chance of further damage?

20170610_120303 (resized).jpg20170610_120303 (resized).jpg

#3474 6 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I took out my posts today and found that the right side has been tightened so hard it's damaged the playfield. What can I do to reduce the chance of further damage?

This looks normal to me. Posts take a lot of abuse.
The posts have to be tight enough not to move. But not so tight that they crack the wood or chunk out the clear.
Loose posts cause more damage than a minor dent in the clear. They can rip out the holes and take chunks out of the PF.

#3475 6 years ago

Should I put Mylar or anything over the cracking? I would like to leave them out of the game.

#3476 6 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Should I put Mylar or anything over the cracking? I would like to leave them out of the game.

Put a few drops of clear

#3477 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The mini book LCD provides the player directions for what shot needs to be hit next for every mode and time remaining to complete the mode. Hitting the left ramp while a book mode is running will add time to it. During normal play hitting the left ramp changes the book mode that will be played next.
I'm hoping that there will be some new Gandalf voice actor callouts in 2.0.
When Keith said "When 2.0 is released it will have full choreography for all current rules features" that may very well include more callouts.

Except for during The Battle Of Five Armies mini wizard mode where it goes blank. I really hope that they fix this as I'm sure that it's not what was planned. THIS seems incomplete.

#3478 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Except for during The Battle Of Five Armies mini wizard mode where it goes blank. I really hope that they fix this as I'm sure that it's not what was planned. THIS seems incomplete.

The beta had this fixed...

#3479 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The beta had this fixed...

Yup! Plus from Keith ""When 2.0 is released it will have full choreography for all current rules features""

#3480 6 years ago

Bofa and itf have book instructions now as of 1.96p.

#3481 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Bofa and itf have book instructions now as of 1.96p.

Hey Keith are there going to be callouts or instructions for each mode?

That's the thing about hobbit that's frustrating and I want to turn it off as I don't know what I'm supposed to shoot at. If it did have the above then I believe this is going to be a great game.

#3482 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hey Keith are there going to be callouts or instructions for each mode?
That's the thing about hobbit that's frustrating and I want to turn it off as I don't know what I'm supposed to shoot at. If it did have the above then I believe this is going to be a great game.

follow the lights! unless your blind.
best light intergrated game ever.

#3483 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm starting to think we won't get a final wizard mode. Don't know why, but I just don't think we will. Hoping I'm wrong. Battle of five armies is the end of trilogy, so what else is there?

After you finish 5 Armies, turn on Lord of the Rings and continue to Valinor!!!

#3484 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bet we'll get something like There and Back Again on LOTR...Bilbo going home.

#3485 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That would be cool, but can you imagine the amount of time that would take? Lol. Would be cool having a lotr next to Hobbit.

#3486 6 years ago

Got my Warg fixed that I posted about earlier. Needed to bend the mechanism clockwise. I think the twist may have been put in it when a ball got trapped in it at one point.

On the topic of the update, after watching the movies again, I'd love to see the I am fire, I am death Smaug quote from the end of the second movie added as a call out.

#3487 6 years ago

Last night I was going to finally fix an issue that I have had with my Hobbit since day one, which was that the Warg and Orc do not register hits from behind. I spoke with Victor at JJP a few weeks ago and he said that I need to pull the beast head forward while it is up and gently adjust the rear switch. I saw what I think is the switch, but I cannot see how to adjust it. Does anyone here know how to do this and could give me more detail on what exactly I need to do? A picture would be great. Thanks.

#3488 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Does anyone here know how to do this and could give me more detail on what exactly I need to do? A picture would be great.

This picture is a MM Troll, but same thing for your concerns.

Troll face is on the front blade of a leaf blade switch. The rear blade is what you are posting about. See the red arrow. It needs to be bent towards the troll face. See the yellow arrow.

LTG : )

Trollface (resized).JPGTrollface (resized).JPG

#3489 6 years ago

Awesome. Thanks a lot, LTG!

#3490 6 years ago

From the JJP google group:

Not too inclined to do that, likely we'll just release it on Monday. Joe just had a 4.8M game and I didn't see anything wrong, so I'm pretty happy about that.
keith

relating to:

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:49:22 PM UTC-4, Keith P. Johnson wrote:

Hi everyone.

Hobbit what-should-be-final test version to 2.0 is testing now internally and at Denver, and probably Seattle later on. There's not a huge list of changes since 1.95, but mostly every bug we know of should be fixed.

I'm sorry it took as long as it did, but the software department has been very busy. For example:

•Trying to track down the sound popping problem on Hobbit
•Getting DI done so that it ships "rules-complete"
•Adding innovative hardware feature support to our code including:
◦bluetooth support
◦app support
◦camera support
◦integrated external/headphone volume controls
•Adding innovative software features to our code like Reserve Ball Play
•Constant improvement to our systems so issues arise far less often

•Development of games #4 and #5.

Some of these system improvements have held up release of Hobbit and WOZ because they created issues in those games that had to be resolved, But, our intention is as we update our system, we keep releasing older games so they benefit from them as well. That's why, for example, WOZ has daily high scores now, a feature greatly appreciated by a large number of our customers that have casual friends come over and play.

Hobbit, as of expo, was rules-complete for all playfield inserts. When 2.0 is released it will have full choreography for all current rules features. There will be future updates as time permits. I can say I have plans for various "champion" items, some extra bonuses associated with Feast Frenzy and Super Spinner, and a final mode. Maybe some additional configuration options for more interesting game play WRT Arkenstone modes. Additional modes and multiballs apart from what I've alluded to will not be added as those were not in the design plan, and generating and getting approvals for additional assets required is problematic.

In my opinion, Hobbit the most and most varied gameplay possible compared to almost any other game out there. I pride myself on making each game I work on feel different from the rest, and I feel Hobbit does that perfectly. It features many strategies for "blowing the game up" in terms of creating awesome scoring setups, stacking possibilities, and many "stages" or "levels" of major events, such as 6 stages in Smaug Multiball, 5 stages of Into the Fire and Barrel Escape, and 7 stages of Battle of Five Armies.

The game is bursting with content. All of our games lead the industry in terms of amount and polish of content.

I and my team are extremely proud of the work we did on Oz, Hobbit, DI, and everything coming down the line. Not every person can like every game, nor can every game be presented in the same way. You would eventually come to like that way less, trust me.

keith

#3491 6 years ago

Today could very well be 2.0 day

#3492 6 years ago

Well done JJP. Keep on supporting WOZ and Hobbit. Both fantastic pins that will never leave my collection.

#3493 6 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Well done JJP. Keep on supporting WOZ and Hobbit. Both fantastic pins that will never leave my collection.

Same here.

#3494 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Today could very well be 2.0 day

Well, he didnt say which monday....

#3495 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Well, he didnt say which monday....

He didn't say for sure it would be today, just that he is considering it. I take it that it will be soon for sure.

#3496 6 years ago

Lloyd posted on Facebook today that Hobbit and woz code is ready. Didn't say exact release date, but looked like an official announcement.

#3497 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Lloyd posted on Facebook today that Hobbit and woz code is ready. Didn't say exact release date, but looked like an official announcement.

I believe they will get it up on the website as soon as they can. No idea exact time frame. But shouldn't take too long.

LTG : )

#3498 6 years ago

Great to hear! Amazing code support from JJP.

#3499 6 years ago

New code is up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/70?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.