By Eryeal

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 3,367 posts
  • 299 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by udo

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

20170516_212238 (resized).jpg
20170516_190748 (resized).jpg
IMG_4940 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
FlipperArmorTopper2.JPG
FlipperArmorTopper.JPG
IMG_1649 (resized).JPG
IMG_0726 (resized).JPG
IMG_0725 (resized).JPG

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3367 posts in topic. You are on page 68 of 68.
#3351 8 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Below the whole assembly is a locknut, which holds a rubber stoppr looking thing that raises or lowers the pop up. You might lower it a little so the trap door is flush with the playfield.
LTG : )

Looked at and tried this. Didn't have much effect, so the stopper probably wasn't interfering. My update kit should be arriving this week and I'll see if it's any better once the rear mylar for the pop ups has been installed. Maybe help level it off. Thanks LTG.

#3352 8 days ago

I just emailed jjp asking about a final code update. I'll report back once I hear something.

#3353 8 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I just emailed jjp asking about a final code update. I'll report back once I hear something.

I have done the same about a week ago. Was thanked for my input, told it would be forwarded, but haven't heard back yet. The more voices that express frustration, the better chances of a favorable outcome.

It took stern two years to update avengers code after a significant campaign by users. I would not expect jjp to act in a similar way.

#3354 8 days ago

Radio silence over at JJP google forum on code updates. I really wish they would have at least acknowledged owners there but zero from JJP. I sold my Hobbit because of its weak code and JJPs lack of acknowledgment. Game has what i would call long code but not deep. Sorta like a long boring movie with lots of scenes that mean nothing in the end. To many gimmies to collect the 5 ruins. Ball bounces around with no skill from player to collect most of the ruins. I seen the entire game by day 2 of owning. I hate that this is the way this game ended up being for me because i so much wanted to love this game!

#3355 8 days ago

Contacting them directly is the only way to let them know how their customer base feel. I called last week about the code and spoke to Frank, he emailed my concern to Jack and Keith.

Bottom line for me is no Hobbit code, no Dialled In order or game #4, etc.

#3356 8 days ago

I just heard back. Didn't get much, but he said Hobbit code coming in "near future". Also said jjp#4 coming soon. I expressed my hopes of final wizard mode and more call outs. They just said hopefully the update meets expectations, but not saying what's in it yet. Anyway, sounds like at least hope of it soon.

#3357 8 days ago

Thanks, acknowledgement is all I was hoping for.

#3358 8 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I just heard back. Didn't get much, but he said Hobbit code coming in "near future". Also said jjp#4 coming soon. I expressed my hopes of final wizard mode and more call outs. They just said hopefully the update meets expectations, but not saying what's in it yet. Anyway, sounds like at least hope of it soon.

Great to hear. I emailed Jack as well and have posted my concerns over on the JJP Google Group.

#3359 6 days ago

Still learning my newly arrived LE (and loving it) – have read the posts about the backstab but still don't understand it. Is the diverter supposed to come down? Mine does not.

It seems weird to hit backstab then try and go up the ramp just to hit the beast on the backside – when you could've more easily just got him from the front. What's the purpose? Are there more points? Do you guys use this?

I love a good skill shot but this one just seems too weird. Would love your insight. Thanks.

#3360 6 days ago

Try to think of it like an MM troll bomb. With the button it's like a Virtual hit on the pop up rarget when available. No gate or anything complicated. Simply a Free hit to the pop up target.

#3361 6 days ago

Made it to Five Armies for the first time last night. It was epic! Almost got Smaug, too. But balls drained when it was time to load windlance. AARGH! What a fun time.

#3362 6 days ago

I replaced my ramp flaps last night. Wouldn't say it's an easy process, but not too bad. Helps to have a rivet clinching tool, which I have. Jjp provides step by step instructions, follow them and you'll be fine. Requires removal of both side wireforms and unplugging a few connectors. The optos on the ramps can be a little fiddly getting back on as the plastic mounts tend to bend. Also have to be a little careful with the rgb light connector by the drop near smaug, it's pretty small and a little tedious to unplug. Took me about 2 hrs, but I could do it in half the time if I had to do it again.

Before and after pics.

20170516_190748 (resized).jpg
20170516_212238 (resized).jpg

#3363 6 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I replaced my ramp flaps last night. Wouldn't say it's an easy process, but not too bad. Helps to have a rivet clinching tool, which I have. Jjp provides step by step instructions, follow them and you'll be fine. Requires removal of both side wireforms and unplugging a few connectors. The optos on the ramps can be a little fiddly getting back on as the plastic mounts tend to bend. Also have to be a little careful with the rgb light connector by the drop near smaug, it's pretty small and a little tedious to unplug. Took me about 2 hrs, but I could do it in half the time if I had to do it again.
Before and after pics.

Nice! I need to do the same fix, last of the updates I need to do. I have the ramp flaps update kit but have been considering sending the ramp to JJP as they said they would do the fix for free (still need to pay shipping though to get it there).

Is there a certain type / brand of tool you would recommend for the fix?

#3364 6 days ago

Hanson ht-174 1/8" clincher. I got it off Amazon. You can use it for other games so it's good to have on hand. Buy some rivets off eBay for other games, think you want 1/8 x 1/8.

#3365 6 days ago

i have beaten smaug and make it to the battle of the 5 armies. it was awesome!

#3366 6 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

have been considering sending the ramp to JJP

Quoted from Lermods:

Hanson ht-174 1/8" clincher. I got it off Amazon. You can use it for other games so it's good to have on hand. Buy some rivets off eBay for other games, think you want 1/8 x 1/8.

The Hanson tool is great!

I think most rivets are 1\8" x 5/32" nickle plated tubular with backer washers. Pinrestore has a great assorted rivet kit that comes in very handy if something falls off or comes loose. They also have a hand clincher available.

You dont need anything fancy to apply rivets its easy. A small block of medium hardwood ( spruce, oak, maple etc) and a hammer is all you need.
I have even used a wrought iron railing in my apartment as a lower die with perfect results

see here (you dont need to use a vice) :

» YouTube video

#3367 4 days ago

Well I guess I'm joining the club, I've got my Smaug Edition and absolutely love it, and it's still running on the original code. Will be doing an update later today. Butch20099 is a fantastic seller and stands behind the games he sells 100%. It's amazing that this game went from east coast to west coast with no issues except a loose connector, no screws even came out!

So far I've had 2 stuck balls in the trap doors and need to order the fix. The spider door is bent up a little and changes the direction of the ball. No issue with stuck balls off of the wireform yet. Ordered Cliffys for all the holes. Game# is 863.

I'm trying to read through this thread to get as much information as I can but you guys keep making pages faster than I can read them. I'd rather play pinball!

I've got a bunch of beaters from the 90s and wanted at least one newer game in my "barcade", this game was a no-brainer over anything else on the market except WOZ...I played The Hobbit at the Seattle Pinball Museum and was instantly hooked, I know this game was made just for me.

My roommate isn't great at pinball but got Smaug multiball twice in his first game. It speaks to how approachable and fun this game is even for novices, yet has a deep ruleset for more advanced players. Now I'm just trying to figure out where to get enough money to pick up a WOZ...

#3368 2 days ago

great to hear jack. wait till you beat smaug in a mutiball. thats really awesome but...hard to get. destroy the ring in the lord is easyer. hobbit is really a great pin. i dint care much for the woz but thats a matter off taste i gues. i had one game and make it to battle off the 5 armies. dint play it long but the sounds where very quit to me for an multi ball. anyone had super jackpots there? no idea how manny to hit to reach the arkenstone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.50
$ 9.95
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 21.00
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 3367 posts in topic. You are on page 68 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.