Topic Stats

• 7,863 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Stags6969
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,147 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

96A279BA-D769-4927-A255-614370D13582 (resized).jpeg
D42E605B-56D9-49C5-A6C0-0C8B2251718A (resized).jpeg
Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_102423 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090419 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090400 (resized).jpg
182073EA-3A86-4714-A07D-DE14034970C6 (resized).jpeg
B7D506CB-DD8C-4B4D-A4C1-A02716D2C79C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7863 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 158.
#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Joined the club yesterday with a NIB LE # 766. Installed full cliffys and mirrorblades. Family is loving it!

Awesome! Where did you get your mirror blades?

#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Awesome! Where did you get your mirror blades?

Got mine from cointaker.

#3303 2 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Joined the club.

Welcome Jason!!

#3304 2 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Joined the club.

These would look awesome on your flippers

FlipperArmorTopper2.JPG
FlipperArmorTopper.JPG

#3305 2 years ago

who sells those flipper toppers? They look good.

#3306 2 years ago

Does anyone makes a shooter rod knob for the Hobbits LE in the same bronz metallic as the rest of the pinn ?

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Does anyone makes a shooter rod knob for the Hobbits LE in the same bronz metallic as the rest of the pinn ?

modfather does. I have one and it matches the color scheme pretty well. The website colors are off a bit from reality.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/hobbit/products/hobbit-custom-shooter-rod
If you look at the pics on that site for the pincup, you will see my shooter rod in some of the pics and that if matches pretty well.

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

who sells those flipper toppers? They look good.

Thanks! It's actually me that made them. Full color printed 1mm plastic with 3M tape as adhesive. Fully reversible mod, if needed /wanted

#3309 2 years ago

They look cool. The scuplted gold coin flipper toppers from Matt at Back Alley look better imo, that's what I went for.

#3310 2 years ago

Used Hobbit LE, what to look for? Any "fixes" that need to be identified if they were done or not etc. (if so, how to tell) ? Otherwise, just the usual pinball stuff to check? Thanks

#3311 2 years ago

SOS. Looking for some help before I need to call LTG again. Hobbit Gold ran great for 75-100 games then it suddenly got possessed by the pinball demons?? Now when you start a game the barrel pop bumpers continue to cycle over and over..... Slowly but non stop across all three. Not sure if the cabinet got bumped as we did recently move it to a new location in my game room but not sure. Any direction or ideas would be Very much appreciated. I need to kill me some orks but my hands are tied. Thanks for any support.

#3312 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

we did recently move it

Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for any support.

I'd check the stand up leaf blade switch behind the rubber ring past the two top pop bumpers on the upper right area. Switch #71 on page C-86 in the manual. Be sure it isn't stuck closed.

LTG : )

#3313 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check the stand up leaf blade switch behind the rubber ring past the two top pop bumpers on the upper right area. Switch #71 on page C-86 in the manual. Be sure it isn't stuck closed.

OK I have to say it, heck with HR or the rules. I LOVE THIS MAN! Lloyd you sir are the ambassador of good will and one of the reasons I So love this hobby!! You (not surprised at all) were 100% correct! Switch #71 was locked closed and all is fixed with one minor tweak. Sincerely, I love you, my kids now love you, and my wife loves you (don't get any ideas!). If SOME day I am able to help you with Anything you just reach out. FYI, I am the Senior manager for OMAX precision waterjet systems so if you ever need anything creative cut, I am at your call. Thank you as always and blessings to your family.

#3314 2 years ago

Hi guys – still learning my newly-arrived LE and loving it, but two quick questions.

1) is there any way to delay the shoot out from Windlance when starting a mode? I looked in the settings and do not see it. Being new to the game I would love to delay the ball there as I read the mode rules on the display. To fire it myself using the Ring Button would be awesome.

2) is there really not a status update for your game when holding the flipper? Yes, the display shows a lot of where you are in the game – but there's nothing like a good status report. JJP hit it out of the park on WOZ – showing your game status on a rules map. Was really surprised to not see the same (awesome) feature on TH. What do you guys think?

#3315 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hi guys – still learning my newly-arrived LE and loving it, but two quick questions.
1) is there any way to delay the shoot out from Windlance when starting a mode? I looked in the settings and do not see it. Being new to the game I would love to delay the ball there as I read the mode rules on the display. To fire it myself using the Ring Button would be awesome.
2) is there really not a status update for your game when holding the flipper? Yes, the display shows a lot of where you are in the game – but there's nothing like a good status report. JJP hit it out of the park on WOZ – showing your game status on a rules map. Was really surprised to not see the same (awesome) feature on TH. What do you guys think?

Good idea on #1. As for #2 - I would 'guess' that is probably coming in a future patch.

Speaking of patch. I wish Keith and the team would give us a new build soon. I sure would like to see what they have been cooking.

#3316 2 years ago

Hey all,
Just picked up a used LE last night. Earlier build Feb '16 I believe.
Has the lighter colored ramp flaps and mylar only on front edge of pop up mechs. Needs the pop up mech inserts for hang prevention etc. What's the procedure for getting myself squared away? Who do I contact to get access to support forum and talk to about the update fixes?

I need to load 1.9 tonight when I get home (on 1.31) or should I stay on 1.31 until next new version comes out?
Thanks and can't wait to dig into this beauty!

#3317 2 years ago

Email jjp via their support portal and register as the new owner, request to be added to the jjp group forum.

You should upgrade to the official 1.90 release, but also to 1.95 via the forum. Reserve ball feature is very nice.

You can also request the free update kit, assuming it's never been given for your game, which has the new ramp flaps and the beast pop up plastics. I have the old ramp flaps on my game and they are curling slightly, but not enough to affect ball travel so I haven't​ replaced them.

#3318 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Email jjp via their support portal and register as the new owner, request to be added to the jjp group forum.
You should upgrade to thr official 1.90 release, but also to 1.95 via the forum. Reserve ball feature is very nice.
You can also request the free update kit, assuming it's never been given for your game, which has the new ramp flaps and the beast pop up plastics. I have the old ramp flaps on my game and they are curling slightly, but not enough to affect ball travel so I have replaced them.

Thank you! Will get on that

#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

the old ramp flaps on my game and they are curling slightly, but not enough to affect ball travel

I thought the same bcause the game played well enough but finally took out the ramp.
Its way easier than it looks, took about 15 mins.

Installed the new flaps with the rivets provided (I ended up using the hanson rollover hand die punch).

After all was done the ramps are much faster! I had to lower the flipper power a notch.
They also bend less at the corner so the ball flows up the ramp better.

I didnt realize just how much the ball was impacted by the lifted old flap.

So, it you have the new flaps go ahead and put them in, its fairly easy and the game plays much better

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You should upgrade to the official 1.90 release, but also to 1.95 via the forum. Reserve ball feature is very nice.
You can also request the free update kit, assuming it's never been given for your game, which has the new ramp flaps and the beast pop up plastics. I have the old ramp flaps on my game and they are curling slightly, but not enough to affect ball travel so I haven't​ replaced them.

What is revision 1.95? I am thinking that's a work-in-progress revision that they only released on the JJP forum? Just a guess on my end! Interested to hear – thanks.

#3321 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

What is revision 1.95? I am thinking that's a work-in-progress revision that they only released on the JJP forum? Just a guess on my end! Interested to hear – thanks.

it is the next release software. it was released on the JJP Owners Forum for testing. There is one minor bug in it (being address for the next release) where in the slider on the display for the kickback is inverted (high means low power and low means high power), but other than that it seems pretty solid.

#3322 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Used Hobbit LE, what to look for? Any "fixes" that need to be identified if they were done or not etc. (if so, how to tell) ? Otherwise, just the usual pinball stuff to check? Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions, hopefully going to pick one up soon. Cheers.

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Thanks for all the suggestions, hopefully going to pick one up soon. Cheers.

Selling mine unfortunately if your interested. I'm moving and it needs to go. Pm if you are interested

#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Selling mine unfortunately if your interested. I'm moving and it needs to go. Pm if your interested

you're

#3325 2 years ago

Oops I'm sooooo sorry it won't happen again

#3327 2 years ago

Thanks backalleymatt! Match Smaug's gold perfectly. Great job!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#3328 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I bought those flipper toppers too and like them ... haven't gotten around to putting them on yet though. I like the black flipper rubber ... looks good with those toppers. I might have to copy that look.

#3329 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I have them installed on my THLE bottom flippers and they look amazing and are incredibly durable!

#3330 2 years ago

Oh, one quick owners question.
When does the static sound from the speakers happen and what does it sound like? I have some clipping (which I figure is code related) but have recently been getting static scratch sounds during certain times...especially when Smaug is talking.
-Ran

#3331 2 years ago

Hey guys had a question,I'm kind of new to hobby and wonder why I get a different reading on pitch from the middle of play field as opposed to by the flippers? Which reading do I go with and is 7.1 a good pitch? I'm using a app on my phone to measure pitch if that makes a difference.

#3332 2 years ago

7.1 is just about perfect.
I measure in 3 locations and just take an average.

#3333 2 years ago

I enjoy The Hobbit pin, but my biggest problem with the game is the lack of call outs and the mods are not distinct in anyway. It would have been cool if Keith used different lighting effects for the mods......You can barely tell what to shoot for or what mod you are in. Why not use blinking lights or opposite colors?? Compared to WOZ, the light show on Hobbit is very disappointing. Let's face it, the layout is very limited and because of it we need superior coding. Prices are dropping off a cliff which are making me think twice about Dialed in.

#3334 2 years ago

Darkknight what are you talking about? There are tons if callouts. And the lighting is unique to modes. I know I'm in Moon Runes when it looks like moonlight and the diverter goes slamming down sending my ball at me. I know I'm in Riddles by the blue lights. I know I'm in bait when those two mechs block the entire right side of the playfield. My kids love the call outs and yell them out in random situations in public. "He says we'll blunt the knives!" I think Hobbit light show is spectacular and far brighter than WOZ which looks dark when sitting next to TH. As far as after market sales...I bought my Hobbit to play, not to sell. It ain't leaving. Make sure you are running 1.9 code. Can't wait to see what later code will be. I'm not into the beta testing, so holding out for next official release. If you aren't enjoying the game and feel the need to sell, well sorry about that. I think you always need to count on depreciation with any purchase. As for me, I've never had an experience like I get from this game. To each there own.

#3335 2 years ago

As soon as the ball goes up the right ramp for the book mode, look at the book to see what mode and what shots it is asking for. The ball purposely hangs in the windlance launch out lane for a couple of seconds to give you that time for a glance. Most book mode required shots are lit up yellow for ramps, drop targets, holes, and orbit shots so when it switches to the next required shot and doesn't have a call out ... and you don't have a second to look at the book, look for the yellow lights on those features. Sometimes they are flashing blue or red. If the "time" light is lit on the left ramp and you are down to one ball in that mode, sometimes shooting for that ramp is a better option if your required target is on the right side of the playfield and the ball is approaching the right flipper. That then gives you more time for the mode and a 1 or 2 second glance at the book.

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I enjoy The Hobbit pin, but my biggest problem with the game is the lack of call outs and the mods are not distinct in anyway. It would have been cool if Keith used different lighting effects for the mods......You can barely tell what to shoot for or what mod you are in. Why not use blinking lights or opposite colors?? Compared to WOZ, the light show on Hobbit is very disappointing. Let's face it, the layout is very limited and because of it we need superior coding. Prices are dropping off a cliff which are making me think twice about Dialed in.

I agree, I don't know what the hell I'm shooting at. My wife loves the game, but I'd like to sell mine and get a dialed in as it plays well.

A friend said I need to look at the screen for what to do, but It doesn't always tell you. As for the colors, yes what am I shooting at.

Ghostbusters I can figure out cause it tells you what to do and the lights are easy to follow.

Do you guys think if they has callouts, and not so confusing lights, will this be a great game or just okay?

#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

As soon as the ball goes up the right ramp for the book mode, look at the book to see what mode and what shots it is asking for. The ball purposely hangs in the windlance launch out lane for a couple of seconds to give you that time for a glance. Most book mode required shots are lit up yellow for ramps, drop targets, holes, and orbit shots so when it switches to the next required shot and doesn't have a call out ... and you don't have a second to look at the book, look for the yellow lights on those features. Sometimes they are flashing blue or red. If the "time" light is lit on the left ramp and you are down to one ball in that mode, sometimes shooting for that ramp is a better option if your required target is on the right side of the playfield and the ball is approaching the right flipper. That then gives you more time for the mode and a 1 or 2 second glance at the book.

does it always tell you what lights to shoot for? I don't recall seeing that

#3338 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

does it always tell you what lights to shoot for? I don't recall seeing that

The book will not tell you the colors, it calls the next shot needed specifically ... like "Shoot right ramp". For the book modes those are usually the yellow/amber lights for what you need. When in the bigger modes, blue is usually a "jackpot" shot, red is an important shot as well as flashing shots. When not in any mode, look at the lights in front of the stand up targets. If they are purple, then the yellow target behind the standups need to be hit to qualify that particular dwarf listed there. (Saying that, I'm not sure if purple is just new to the beta code or if it was there before.)

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Do you guys think if they has callouts, and not so confusing lights, will this be a great game or just okay?

There is more to come. WOZ got way better as the code progressed and so far the same holds true for TH. More call outs would be great. For the non-book modes (the more major arkenstone modes), there is just so much going on. I would highly advise to read the TH Rulesheet that tiesmasc made up in that thread to understand what you have to do for those modes. Understanding that will make a big difference instead of relying on call outs and lights. You will know which direction to wildly shoot for with all of those balls in those modes.

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is more to come. WOZ got way better as the code progressed...

What worries me is that JJP has multiple games to deal with now and I wonder if they will actually spend the time to make the code perfect on all their current and upcoming games. WOZ was their only game for a long time and it had to succeed so they poured a ton of time into it.

I never played WOZ until 6.xx so I don't know how much it grew, but Hobbit at 1.90 definitely feels like adolescent code. As in it needs to grow a few more pubes before it's a man.

#3340 2 years ago

It is very difficult to follow what to shoot when mbs and modes are running. It is also tough to tell when things start and when they end, it is a bash fest. Sure, if I have one mode running, it's obvious what to shoot, but when beast frenzy, modes and Smaug mb is running, there is no way to understand what is going on, at least I can't make sense of it all. You really need a spotter to help you play. That said, I love the game.

#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is more to come.

There hasn't been "more to come" in 9 months except for 2 beta releases. So if there is more to come, wish it would come already.

#3342 2 years ago

Couple of questions:
The beast pop up mechs. The flap on top of the spider doesn't want to sit flush with the playfield when down. Specifically the front edge is up a bit more than any of the others. Best course of action to adjust?

Warg pop up, of the 4 pop ups this is the only one that seems to not be springy at the furthest (highest) position. If I press the other 3 in from below they all have some rebound at the end of travel. The warg doesn't. I wonder if the plunger or coil sleeve could be causing some minor binding. Anyone else have to replace a plunger or coil sleeve on any of theirs?

#3343 2 years ago

Checked all screws and everything still tight since my last go over 6 months ago..Fresh wax and news balls today! This game is a pleasure to own

IMG_4940 (resized).JPG

#3344 2 years ago

I'm disappointed in the game, thought it had great potential

#3345 2 years ago

I'm still loving mine, but it REALLY needs a final wizard mode. Any word on an update coming?

#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I'm disappointed in the game, thought it had great potential

Same here, traded it a few weeks ago for a STLE and am very happy we made the change.

#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

The beast pop up mechs. The flap on top of the spider doesn't want to sit flush with the playfield when down. Specifically the front edge is up a bit more than any of the others. Best course of action to adjust?

Below the whole assembly is a locknut, which holds a rubber stoppr looking thing that raises or lowers the pop up. You might lower it a little so the trap door is flush with the playfield.

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm still loving mine, but it REALLY needs a final wizard mode. Any word on an update coming?

It's been over 6 months since the last official code update. There have been a couple beta updates between then and now but still not another official code update. It's disappointing. The game is fun but I thought it would be much further along by now. I'm sure more is coming but the wait sucks. There's no doubt that JJP has all hands on deck for Dialed In right now. I refuse to even consider a Dialed In until the code for The Hobbit is complete. When Jack said at Expo 2016 that the final code for the Hobbit would be released that night I had a bad feeling that the games code was being brushed aside for Dialed In...

However, I don't doubt that Keith will get back to The Hobbit. I hope the longer then usual wait is due to a larger update being in the works.

#3349 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's been over 6 months since the last official code update. There have been a couple beta updates between then and now but still not another official code update. It's disappointing. The game is fun but I thought it would be much further along by now. I'm sure more is coming but the wait sucks. There's no doubt that JJP has all hands on deck for Dialed In right now. I refuse to even consider a Dialed In until the code for The Hobbit is complete. When Jack said at Expo 2016 that the final code for the Hobbit would be released that night I had a bad feeling that the games code was being brushed aside for Dialed In...
However, I don't doubt that Keith will get back to The Hobbit. I hope the longer then usual wait is due to a larger update being in the works.

You've summed up how I feel. Had about an hour with my game today and still love it, but at the moment it feels half done. I hate the multiballs clashing together, great for on site I'm sure but not at home when you're trying to master it. I love the modes, they could do with some more callouts but most of all some point to them. At the moment the only incentive is to beat one mode per Arkenstone mode. Last thing just to have Smaug feel like part of the game, at the moment he's sort of redundant save the same lines/roar.

#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Selling mine unfortunately if your interested. I'm moving and it needs to go. Pm if you are interested

Thanks. I'm going to try and find one in Colorado to avoid shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 7863 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 158.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside