Topic Stats

• 8,221 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,198 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200221-171244_Photos (resized).jpg
20200220_235720 (resized).jpg
20200220_235711 (resized).jpg
20200220_235704 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-150431_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-135751_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-135829_Photos (resized).jpg
20200218_210836 (resized).jpg
20200218_163805 (resized).jpg
20200218_155638 (resized).jpg
IMG_3386 (resized).JPG
20200217_215926 (resized).jpg
2020_02_11_20_46_46_Three_Bank_Drop_Target_Assembly_Right (resized).jpg
20200204_151441 (resized).jpg
WIN_20200129_19_02_07_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20200129_19_00_07_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8221 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 165.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I updated the code to the newest beta.
Now in a couple modes the windlance is weak when the meter says strong on launch from the windlance.
Its got to be a bug, Hasn't happened before ever.
For the most part the windlance is normal.
I have to say that the ball save on a failed windlace lock is really good though.

Yes, it's a bug on 1.95, it's now strong at the bottom, weak at the top. the next release will fix it.

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, it's a bug on 1.95, it's now strong at the bottom, weak at the top. the next release will fix it.

HA I thought so! My first bug report

Thanks for the info.

#3253 2 years ago

I updated the code to the newest beta.
Now in a couple modes the windlance is weak when the meter says strong on launch from the windlance.
Its got to be a bug, Hasn't happened before ever.
For the most part the windlance is normal.
I have to say that the ball save on a failed windlace lock is really good though.

Nevermind.

#3254 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I recommend taking the back box off, very easy to do and makes moving a little easier.

How does the back box come off? I also thought I read in this thread that the playfield comes out easily...

#3255 2 years ago

Looks to me the same way as others machines?

#3256 2 years ago

Can anybody explain how the backstab works?

#3257 2 years ago

Does anyone have advice on taking the backGLASS off? Mine seems either too tight or it's stuck to something and I am afraid to force it with the monitor and all potentially saratching or doing some other damage.

Do they bind up in a certain area? Thanks...been putting off installing a diffuser for the LED strip because I can't get the thing open!

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Does anyone have advice on taking the backGLASS off? Mine seems either too tight or it's stuck to something and I am afraid to force it with the monitor and all potentially saratching or doing some other damage.
Do they bind up in a certain area? Thanks...been putting off installing a diffuser for the LED strip because I can't get the thing open!

It's just very snug, gotta go slow but firm.

Also, it's highly likely at some point you'll put some tiny scratches in the glass. They won't be noticed while playing but you'll see them when you clean and inspect the glass. Don't get too upset over it, life's too short!

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Unlock the lock at the top first.

Banging on it with your palms while lifting the lift channel works well enough.
You can smack it pretty hard but try not to break it.

It will start to move slowly and wiggle out eventually.

They are intentionally tight to avoid rattling from the shaker motor.

On my WOZ I had to use a wooden block in the corner of the glass and lift channel and a light hammer to reinstall it. Fortunatly the Hobbit was less tight.

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from udo:

Can anybody explain how the backstab works?

Backstab can lower a creature without hitting it if you cant hit it.

Works best when only 1 creature is standing.

Its not 100% hence the attempt description.

It always amuses me when it actually does work.

I try it a lot on the Warg, it seems hard for me to hit.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

How does the back box come off? I also thought I read in this thread that the playfield comes out easily...

I would not recommend removing the play field , unless absolutely necessary. The back box is easy to remove because it only has 4 or 5 cables that need to be disconnected compared to Stern machines that have much much more. Disconnect the cables then unscrew the hinges, 2 bolts, and there you have it, piece of cake.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

It's just very snug, gotta go slow but firm.

Thats what she said.

Banging on it with your palms while lifting the lift channel works well enough.
You can smack it pretty hard but try not to break it.
It will start to move slowly and wiggle out eventually.

Thanks guys.. will try again one of these days.

#3263 2 years ago

Backstab can lower a creature without hitting it if you cant hit it.
Works best when only 1 creature is standing.
Its not 100% hence the attempt description.
It always amuses me when it actually does work.
I try it a lot on the Warg, it seems hard for me to hit.

ah, thought you could move the beast when it pop up and block the shot that you have to hit
but thats not the case.

#3264 2 years ago

I picked up one of the Hobbit manuals. Was a little reluctant for $100 but will admit the manual is done VERY nice and has a deluge of info in it! It's not just limited to the typical manual stuff (Adjustments, Settings, Technical etc.) but also a lot of pictures/stories on the making of the game. Steps through the different white-woods, artwork, features etc.! VERY nice manual and worth the money (imo)!

Thanks Lloyd for posting that it was now available as I wasn't aware!!!

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I picked up one of the Hobbit manuals. Was a little reluctant for $100 but will admit the manual is done VERY nice and has a deluge of info in it! It's not just limited to the typical manual stuff (Adjustments, Settings, Technical etc.) but also a lot of pictures/stories on the making of the game. Steps through the different white-woods, artwork, features etc.! VERY nice manual and worth the money (imo)!

Is the manual you bought the same one that can be downloaded from the website - version 3.0 Dec 2016?

#3266 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Is the manual you bought the same one that can be downloaded from the website - version 3.0 Dec 2016?

No, more stuff added like the printed WOZ manual. Photos, history, etc. etc.

LTG : )

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, more stuff added like the printed WOZ manual. Photos, history, etc. etc.

My woz manual is pretty darn cool(for a manual that is).

#3268 2 years ago

used to have both WozLe and Smaug...now just have WozLe...traded my Smaug this weekend for a STLE. So far the entire family loves the switch.

#3269 2 years ago

I am having an issue where the F drop target (as in DWAR[F]) will only go down when it has been hit by a ball. I just assumed that this issue was something that would correct itself after a bit of play but that hasn't happened. Not sure if it was like this out of the box but if not it started shortly thereafter.

I ran the solenoid test and was able to determine that the electro-magnet doesn't energize or even make a sound for the F target, unlike all of the other targets. The wiring looks solid, no loose wires found.

Suggestions?

#3270 2 years ago

Your board is bad, I had the same issue. $50 JJP. You can confirm by switching the connectors on the board. Put the f connector on the r and the r connector on f and see if the r now won't register. If so, board is bad.

#3271 2 years ago

By they way - I dropped the pitch from 7.5 to 6.5 and man I can do much better now and get farther in the game. So, for you guys that can play TH for an hour set that pitch up and it will make the game harder/faster for sure.

#3272 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

By they way - I dropped the pitch from 7.5 to 6.5 and man I can do much better now and get farther in the game. So, for you guys that can play TH for an hour set that pitch up and it will make the game harder/faster for sure.

I have my pitch at 7.1.

It seems the perfect compromise between speed and control.

I ran my game at 6.5 for quite awhile before boosting it up a bit.

I agree it plays completely differently at that pitch but it has a better over all action and excitement at around 7 for me and way less floaty around the slings and flippers.

Again its just the way I like my game at 7.

I dont think there are any wrong choices the game is just beautiful and amazing to play.

#3273 2 years ago

Joined the club a few months back with an le, and I am enjoying it more and more. Everyone who comes over just loves the game. I was wondering if it was normal for the left sling coil to fire 3 times fast in a row. Is this to signify that the ring meter is filled? Or maybe a switch needs adjusting back from the rubber?

#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

Joined the club a few months back with an le, and I am enjoying it more and more. Everyone who comes over just loves the game. I was wondering if it was normal for the left sling coil to fire 3 times fast in a row. Is this to signify that the ring meter is filled? Or maybe a switch needs adjusting back from the rubber?

Probably the switch. Sounds like what is happening is that the ball initially triggering it, activates the coil armature pushes on sling, sling bounces back and activates the switch again. Then it continues to repeat until switch isn't activated by sling rebound.

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

The leaf switch on the sling is adjusted too close.
Open the gap a little at a time, by bending the tab until the problem stops.

You want it responsive but not so much that the rubber actuates it by itself.

#3276 2 years ago
Quoted from Buju:

Or maybe a switch needs adjusting back from the rubber?

What I like to do is : turn the game off. Remove the slingshot plastic. Look down on the leaf blade switches. The front long one should just be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it. The shorter rear one close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. A little tweaking should do it.

Also you might slide the rubber ring around the posts a little, so it seems to have even tension all around, not real tight on one side.

#3277 2 years ago

Anyone else annoyed with the hard plastic dolls in the 4 pop-ups? They sure take a bashing and break, then it's like $25-$35 to get replacements. I tried epoxying them together but they don't last long. Should have been made out of a hard rubber instead. Maybe someone will mod these?

#3278 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Anyone else annoyed with the hard plastic dolls in the 4 pop-ups? They sure take a bashing and break, then it's like $25-$35 to get replacements. I tried epoxying them together but they don't last long. Should have been made out of a hard rubber instead. Maybe someone will mod these?

They can break, a couple people have reported this
The trolls in my MM broke after awhile, both originals and replacements. They are hard plastic.

It might be that the flippers are too strong? PF pitch is high and needs strong flippers?

My creature heads are still ok after 1000 plays. Warg is starting to wear a tiny bit, it gets beat hard.
I was just thinking of ordering a replacement set.

pitch 7.1
flippers set at 26 left, 27 right. I hope this helps.

#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Thanks Lloyd for posting that it was now available as I wasn't aware!!!</bloquote>

I know the manual is listed on the parts site. Question: With $100 purchase, do you download it from that site, or do they send a printed manual in the mail?

#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is manual downloaded from the parts site, or do they send out a printed manual?

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

You can download a manual from JJP's site.

From JJP's Store you can buy the printed one. Photo quality paper, and a heck of a lot more pages about the development and building of the game.

#3282 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Thy have printed manuals but they are a bit pricey at $100, beautiful as they are.
I just printed out the download. But I got my game before the printed ones were available.

#3283 2 years ago

It's been a good while since I've taken a look at JJP's site... they've added a bunch of replacement parts to their site
I see they've added a physical copy of their manual with extras. It's a shame they're charging shipping for a book to us folks in Hawaii and Alaska D:

#3284 2 years ago

Just arrived yesterday!

Need to take the box off. Sorry if this has already been addressed (the thread is 66 pages long!) but any thoughts on how to remove the backbox??

I did it with WOZ a few weeks ago and there were some awesome instructions here on pinside. Probably fairly similar but wanted to ask before I attack it.

Thanks!

image (resized).jpeg

#3285 2 years ago

it seems to me that it only takes to remove the bolts and a few cable . a lot easier then other pins only heavy.

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Printed on a cardstock like material. Very nicely done! 400+ pages with 72 pages of "extra" stuff (making of The Hobbit) that you don't get from downloading online! Spiral bound!

IMG_7433[1] (resized).JPG

#3287 2 years ago

thats less than 25 cents a page!

#3288 2 years ago

should have come with the game

#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

It did. The beauty of a JJP game is the manual comes loaded as part of the system software and you can view the manual on the LCD in the backbox.

"Beautiful" a true innovation in pinball.

If you want a hard copy version of this manual, (which is above and beyond all other machine manuals by a huge margin), nothing else comes close (except the WOZ manual) it is totally worth the $100.

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Printed on a cardstock like material. Very nicely done! 400+ pages with 72 pages of "extra" stuff (making of The Hobbit) that you don't get from downloading online! Spiral bound!

Thanks for info. Just purchased it!

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

CD version comes with the game. And there is also one in the software you can view on the games screen. And you can download one from JJP's website.

#3292 2 years ago

Bought a cool wall piece for the game room today in Allentown.

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG

#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Bought a cool wall piece for the game room today in Allentown.

Very nice! Do you mind if I ask how much these are going for? Thanks

#3294 2 years ago

Set the gc at Allentown today.

IMG_0718 (resized).JPG

IMG_0720 (resized).JPG

#3295 2 years ago

Thanks to all who posted on my issue above. Switch adjusted, and I rotated the rubber and issue solved.

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It did. The beauty of a JJP game is the manual comes loaded as part of the system software and you can view the manual on the LCD in the backbox.
"Beautiful" a true innovation in pinball.
If you want a hard copy version of this manual, (which is above and beyond all other machine manuals by a huge margin), nothing else comes close (except the WOZ manual) it is totally worth the $100.

Quoted from LTG:

CD version comes with the game. And there is also one in the software you can view on the games screen. And you can download one from JJP's website.

for the price of the game new in box it should have came with it! simple as that! shouldn't have to pay $100 bucks for one.

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

for the price of the game new in box it should have came with it! simple as that! shouldn't have to pay $100 bucks for one.

Why should we expect a high quality print out of the manual to be free after providing a cd and having it built into to pinball software? The cost of the game is for the game.

#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I bought my games before the manual was printed. I printed it out from the cd.

#3299 2 years ago

Joined the club.

IMG_0725 (resized).JPG

IMG_0726 (resized).JPG

#3300 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with a NIB LE # 766. Installed full cliffys and mirrorblades. Family is loving it!

IMG_1649 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 8221 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 165.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside