Topic Stats

• 8,200 posts
  • 533 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,197 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200220_235720 (resized).jpg
20200220_235711 (resized).jpg
20200220_235704 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-150431_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-135751_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200220-135829_Photos (resized).jpg
20200218_210836 (resized).jpg
20200218_163805 (resized).jpg
20200218_155638 (resized).jpg
IMG_3386 (resized).JPG
20200217_215926 (resized).jpg
2020_02_11_20_46_46_Three_Bank_Drop_Target_Assembly_Right (resized).jpg
20200204_151441 (resized).jpg
WIN_20200129_19_02_07_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20200129_19_00_07_Pro (resized).jpg
WIN_20200128_17_05_32_Pro (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8200 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 164.
#3051 2 years ago

Ran into what looks like a code error. I've seen it twice now. When draining without finishing Fire and Water mode, I get zero points, and the game states that I was playing Moon Runes mode.

Anyone specific I should email?

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Anyone else have problems hitting the orbits on this game? I have a hell of a time hitting them with any regularity.

I can loop the orbit several times in a row sometimes, and then never be able to make it for days at a time.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I can loop the orbit several times in a row sometimes, and then never be able to make it for days at a time.

Such a satisfying feeling when you combo 2 or more orbits!

#3054 2 years ago

My spider mech flap seems to have too much shift vertically, so that when it comes down sometimes the bottom flap sits slightly above the playfield/not flush. With motion and shaker it eventually fixes into flush position, but none of the others have this issue. The plastic guard update from the kit is installed. Suggestions?

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

My spider mech flap seems to have too much shift vertically, so that when it comes down sometimes the bottom flap sits slightly above the playfield/not flush. With motion and shaker it eventually fixes into flush position, but none of the others have this issue. The plastic guard update from the kit is installed. Suggestions?

Turn the adjuster at the bottom of the mech just enough until the flap just touches the surface.

#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Anyone else have problems hitting the orbits on this game? I have a hell of a time hitting them with any regularity.

I have a much tougher time with the elf and man targets. At least the orbits are in the normal firing arc for the flippers. To hit elf and man you basically have to wait until the ball is rounding the end of the flipper, hard to time these shots for me.

#3057 2 years ago

Turn the adjuster at the bottom of the mech just enough until the flap just touches the surface.

Also make sure any wires aren't getting pinched under the mech causing it to it to not go down all the way.

#3058 2 years ago

What does the "adjuster" look like?
Can you post a photo?
The flap just touches the surface when it lines itself back up after the game shakes...

UPDATE-
Nevermind, I figured it out and adjusted it. Thanks!

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I have a much tougher time with the elf and man targets. At least the orbits are in the normal firing arc for the flippers. To hit elf and man you basically have to wait until the ball is rounding the end of the flipper, hard to time these shots for me.

I find the E in ELF pretty much impossible to hit direct with a flipper. The N in MAN is hittable though.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I find the E in ELF pretty much impossible to hit direct with a flipper. The N in MAN is hittable though.

I find it's by far the hardest shot in the game for me. I normally try a bounce pass hopefully onto the opposite sling and pray the sling hits the target for me

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I find it's by far the hardest shot in the game for me. I normally try a bounce pass hopefully onto the opposite sling and pray the sling hits the target for me

Same here, or try and get a multiball going.

#3062 2 years ago

Did a PinballUndesirables show last night at Pints and Pixels with pinjump on his Hobbit:

Good time all around!

#3063 2 years ago

Heads up fellow Hobbit owners. There's now a thread on the JJP Google Group named "Your Hobbit code wishlist". Please share your thoughts and ideas for future code updates. Here's hoping that there's a few more big updates still in the works for The Hobbit.

#3064 2 years ago

beginning to think they forgot about us, starting to feel like a Stern Kiss owner!

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

beginning to think they forgot about us, starting to feel like a Stern Kiss owner!

Oh no, nothing near that yet, lol. Keith did recently post some info about the next code update on the JJP Google Group.

When Jack said at Expo that the final Hobbit code would be released soon I had a bad feeling. There has been updates, some of which are betas, since Expo but there hasn't a been another huge substantial update. I hope a few more big code updates are in the works. JJP's code support has been stellar so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that more updates will be coming for TH.

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh no, nothing near that yet, lol. Keith did recently post some info about the next code update on the JJP Google Group.
When Jack said at Expo that the final Hobbit code would be released soon I had a bad feeling. There has been updates, some of which are betas, since Expo but there hasn't a been another huge substantial update. I hope a few more big code updates are in the works. JJP's code support has been stellar so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that more updates will be coming for TH.

The thing is: TH probably has more code than any game ever already...tons of modes, tons of multiballs, mini-wizard modes, side goals, etc. But even with all that it seems to be missing something. There isn't an overall encompassing goal like Valinor or SOTR. I have no doubt that's coming. Granted, 99.9% of players will never reach it, but having it there as a goal to reach would help the feeling of the game tremendously. Hopefully there's a type of emerald-like thing to collect like in WOZ to show progress towards it, but now I'm getting greedy.

#3067 2 years ago

How do i get on the private JJP forum? Jen sent me a invite but didnt say anything else.

EDIT: nevermind Jen sent me link to forum

#3068 2 years ago

Pet hate for me is the blend of Smaug MB > Feast MB > Beast MB. No matter what difficulty setting I've used one seems to kick them all off, also this combined with a mode I'm trying to master. It's starting to feel quite old... I would just like more ability to focus on certains apsects like to play a MB or a mode. Sure the stacking is nice but it would be better if it were by choice rather than by default.

Apart from the above yes for more callouts, enhancements to the current Arkenstone modes would be nice and an overall wizard mode.

Being honestly I'm not sure we're going to get any of the above. I think more effort is being placed on DI and TH could be about done as Jack stated.

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heads up fellow Hobbit owners. There's now a thread on the JJP Google Group named "Your Hobbit code wishlist". Please share your thoughts and ideas for future code updates. Here's hoping that there's a few more big updates still in the works for The Hobbit.

Correct me if I am wrong but anyone can put a post up on JJP's site. The post you're referring too is no different than if I were to put the same post up on here. In short, it doesn't mean there are any planned updates or that JJP is looking for input, albeit nice if it turns out to be the case!

#3070 2 years ago

i dont understand how they can say game code is complete when the game itself says there should be a final mode unless im missing something? ive completed all the modes so if its in there i dont know how to start it.

20170323_130856 (resized).jpg

20170204_212140 (resized).jpg

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Correct me if I am wrong but anyone can put a post up on JJP's site. The post you're referring too is no different than if I were to put the same post up on here. In short, it doesn't mean there are any planned updates or that JJP is looking for input, albeit nice if it turns out to be the case!

The point of the post is for owners to share ideas in hope that someone at JJP may take notice and implement some of them or expand on the game more.

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

i dont understand how they can say game code is complete when the game itself says there should be a final mode unless im missing something? ive completed all the modes so if its in there i dont know how to start it.

They said WOZ was complete at like version 3 too...so sit tight and let the code come. The final mode will be there eventually.

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Sort of wrong, you need to be accepted to post there (though not difficult to get access), and the fact that Keith actually reads comments there and welcomes feedback (to a extent).

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They said WOZ was complete at like version 3 too...so sit tight and let the code come. The final mode will be there eventually.

Wow jjp is the sh*t!!! Stern seems they would never put time and effort into updating the code years later but jjp will! Can't wait!

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

whoah .. . that's a pretty low blow

They only just released a beta the other week with some drastically different game style options in it (reserve play etc).

#3076 2 years ago

just downloaded 1.95 beta. looks like Beast frenzy has a super jackpot now and is completable and says something about the ring stopping beast frenzy?

What are the sneaky mode locks? ive never done this and have no idea what they are.

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

just downloaded 1.95 beta. looks like Beast frenzy has a super jackpot now and is completable and says something about the ring stopping beast frenzy?
What are the sneaky mode locks? ive never done this and have no idea what they are.

It's always had a super. The ring stopping it is new though.

Sneaky mode locks are locks to make the modes multiballs. When you see the magnet grab the ball at the top left of the game and the lock animation plays...well, that's it. You can read up on how to qualify them. Basically, keep spelling lock.

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's always had a super. The ring stopping it is new though.
Sneaky mode locks are locks to make the modes multiballs. When you see the magnet grab the ball at the top left of the game and the lock animation plays...well, that's it. You can read up on how to qualify them. Basically, keep spelling lock.

Sneaky mode locks are actually where you get the ball in mode lock, without the magnet being active. It's the standard mode lock when the magnet is active.

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Sneaky mode locks are actually where you get the ball in mode lock, without the magnet being active. It's the standard mode lock when the magnet is active.

Ah, you're right...good call! Those are pretty rare. I've only seen it a couple times.

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ah, you're right...good call! Those are pretty rare. I've only seen it a couple times.

Seriously, it's always a freak thing. I do like all the ways to grab a second ball, and the treasure hunt that gives you something to shoot for when you have more than one ball.

#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ive made soft orbits and had the balls lock without the magnet many times but my audits say ive never had any sneaky mode locks thats why i was wondering.

Just played first game on 1.95, killed smaug and made it past barrel escape. Game seems a touch easier. I didnt see how to finish Beast mode or how to skip it with ring button. Precious save ball sceen was alittle weird also the blinking purple lights takes a few minutes to get use to. Overall just a touch more polish with this Beta code but its got some bugs that need ironed out.

Also what is reserve play?

#3082 2 years ago

I'm having a problem and hopefully someone can give me some guidance. My kickback was misfiring and I figured I had an issue with the switch for the kickback, and adjusted it slightly. I now get a perfect full kick up to the upper right flipper, but the sliding scale kickback for the man targets is reversed. Meaning if I stop it at the top of the scale, it will dribble over to the left warg lane. If I stop it at the very bottom of the scale, it will give me a full kick to the upper right flipper. I noticed it more after 1.94, but even after playing and adjusting it, I still haven't got it figured out. Any help is appreciated!

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I'm having a problem and hopefully someone can give me some guidance. My kickback was misfiring and I figured I had an issue with the switch for the kickback, and adjusted it slightly. I now get a perfect full kick up to the upper right flipper, but the sliding scale kickback for the man targets is reversed. Meaning if I stop it at the top of the scale, it will dribble over to the left warg lane. If I stop it at the very bottom of the scale, it will give me a full kick to the upper right flipper. I noticed it more after 1.94, but even after playing and adjusting it, I still haven't got it figured out. Any help is appreciated!

Are you running 1.95 beta now? This is a known bug with the new code and Keith is aware of it

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Ive made soft orbits and had the balls lock without the magnet many times but my audits say ive never had any sneaky mode locks thats why i was wondering.
Just played a "quick" game on 1.95, killed smaug and made it past barrel escape. Game seems a touch easier. I didnt see how to finish Beast mode or how to skip it with ring button. Precious save ball sceen was alittle weird also the blinking purple lights takes a few minutes to get use to. Overall just a touch more polish with this Beta code but its got some bugs that need ironed out.

Weird that it says 0 made, as it will pop on the screen with "sneaky lock". I'll have to check my audits to see what it says .

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Are you running 1.95 beta now? This is a known bug with the new code and Keith is aware of it

I believe so. I thought it was 1.94 but It's whatever came out a few weeks back

#3086 2 years ago

You guys that bought this pinball, can you describe if you got any mechanic problem ?

I have ordered a limited now and can't anything about mechanic stuff, I know a guy that can help me if a call but don't want to call all the time.

I will only play little on the weekends, how much can pin take ?

Cheers

#3087 2 years ago

Keith is the best, in his entire career he has given us no reason to ever doubt him. Relax and have patience. I am a Hobbit owner and a Kiss owner, I say with confidence Kiss will not be finished, but the Hobbit will.

#3088 2 years ago

alright guy i have 2 sets (4 barrels) available, list is done and this is what i have left and not sure when i'll make another batch.

each set is $49, plus shipping (i can fit 2 sets in the same box for the same shipping price).
some people take 2, most take 4.

just shoot me a pm.

thanks, bob.

hobbit barrels (resized).jpg

#3089 2 years ago

How many inch is the little screen ?

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

How many inch is the little screen ?

4.3"

#3091 2 years ago

Ok thanks.

Does any of you have playfield protector ?

#3092 2 years ago

Ok thanks.
Does any of you have playfield protector ?

Yes it is a must have
No damedge on Playfield and perfect fitting

#3093 2 years ago

I would suggest you play a game with a playfield protector yourself before getting it. It really changes how the ball moves on the playfield. I had one on my TZ, and removed it almost immediately. Gameplay feels very unnatural with them. They also get dirty around the edges quickly.

#3094 2 years ago

Playfield protectors SUCK! I put one on STTNG and removed it within weeks. AWEFUL

#3095 2 years ago

I have a factory installed playfield protector on my hobbit. I believe it's the best investment you can add to an $8000 plus machine, and if you have it installed from the factory you're not gonna know the difference.

#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I have a factory installed playfield protector on my hobbit. I believe it's the best investment you can add to an $8000 plus machine, and if you have it installed from the factory you're not gonna know the difference.

There is a difference in gameplay. This difference is most pronounced on how your ball interacts with rollovers. Also the protector will get dirty/scratched and won't come clean. Eventually, I got so sick of looking at my dirty protector I cut it off of the playfield. Cutting it off was a pain in the backside. Once the protector was off though, I had a brand new playfield shining back at me. Protector does a great job of protecting, no doubt about that.

#3097 2 years ago

Protectors impact ball movement, I would advise playing with a protector first to see if it bothers you.

#3098 2 years ago

Thanks! I order with playfield protector

#3099 2 years ago

Thanks! I order with playfield protector

Good call. If the playfield protector affects anything as far as gameplay it's very minimal and you'll be grateful you added it if you ever decide to sell the machine ( there will be a like-new playfield underneath it!).

#3100 2 years ago

I've got one on my LOTR as it was like that when I bought it. Because the different 'feel' I've never had one installed on my WOZ or TH, in a home environment they are redundant, especially with the amount of clear that JJP uses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Flagstaff, AZ
There are 8200 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 164.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside