20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 259.
#2501 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

so I took that picture to show how it was now impossible on mine.

Huge thank you for sharing your fix !

LTG : )

#2502 7 years ago

Today I installed the JJP fix kit with the light-elements to the front of pop-ups. For some reason after that the pop-up in the upper right corner did not go down when the game ended. I did seem to have somewhat similar hickups a couple of other times during play as well. I checked that the beast should be able to go down easily and also no wires were there stopping the beast bracket going down. What might be the problem here and what is the proper fix? Thanks for your help!

#2503 7 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Today I installed the JJP fix kit with the light-elements to the front of pop-ups. For some reason after that the pop-up in the upper right corner did not go down when the game ended. I did seem to have somewhat similar hickups a couple of other times during play as well. I checked that the beast should be able to go down easily and also no wires were there stopping the beast bracket going down. What might be the problem here and what is the proper fix? Thanks for your help!

lol! See two posts up.

With your playfield lifted manually push that beast up hard (be careful not to cut your wires in doing this!) and see if it is wedging on the beast fix plastic. This is what happens during game play. Mine was. The simple solution is to add a washer. It creates just enough of a gap that this doesn't occur,

#2504 7 years ago

(Deleted post that was meant for a different thread)

#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Got a new G.C. Tonight. 1,699,054,490. Also got a new high "X Champion" score. Love the "X Champion" score scroll!
» YouTube video

I guess this was meant for the walking " dead Hobbit" thread.

#2506 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I guess this was meant for the walking " dead Hobbit" thread.

Doh!

#2507 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

lol! See two posts up.
With your playfield lifted manually push that beast up hard (be careful not to cut your wires in doing this!) and see if it is wedging on the beast fix plastic. This is what happens during game play. Mine was. The simple solution is to add a washer. It creates just enough of a gap that this doesn't occur,

Wow, I just saw the wire-cutting bit of your post Thanks!

So the fix created a bigger problem for me it seems: both of the pop-ups on the right are not working
properly. I presume I should install washers under both of the beast fix's screws and nowhere else, correct?
Hopefully I do not have to dismantle the pop-up mechanism and try to catch all the springs and screws
in the hopes that they would not fall into the harnesses/coils of the pin again...

#2508 7 years ago

Just received my LE Hobbit. It was ordered 12/2013. I got it with Rad-cals. Upon receipt, a large tear/hole of the cardboard shipping box was noticed on the upper right side. With flashlight inspection, there appears to be no gross trauma (scratches/gouges, etc.) to the cabinet. However, there is a semi-translucent membrane partially detached from around the flipper button. It will peal off easily. Is it a protective cabinet shipment membrane, or is it a damaged Rad-cal? I have not yet unboxed the machine.

#2509 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Is it a protective cabinet shipment membrane, or is it a damaged Rad-cal? I have not yet unboxed the machine.

It's just the protective coating, it's meant to be peeled off

#2510 7 years ago
Quoted from Ransom99:

It's just the protective coating, it's meant to be peeled off

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your immediate response! You made my day. Now all I have to do is get the boxed machine from my garage to my basement game room.

#2511 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Laseriffic makes non-interactive toppers (the only Hobbit one so far that I know of)
beatmaster makes barrel spot lights, shooter rod housing lights (I bought yellow)
mustangpaul makes leg light up kits (I will eventually buy yellow)
a few people make plastic protectors
Amazon sells some small Hobbit keys, swords, & other things that a few people have added - I'll add those soon
Not much other than that ... I wish there was more too.

You can do flipper button LEDs, under cabinet lighting, subwoofer, external volume control from Pinnovators, etc.

#2512 7 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Wow, I just saw the wire-cutting bit of your post Thanks!
So the fix created a bigger problem for me it seems: both of the pop-ups on the right are not working
properly. I presume I should install washers under both of the beast fix's screws and nowhere else, correct?

No mech removal required. Just add a single washer to which ever screw is easiest to access per beast. Multiple washers per beast are not needed.

#2513 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

No mech removal required. Just add a single washer to which ever screw is easiest to access per beast. Multiple washers per beast are not needed.

Thanks! I thought the washer should be applied to the beast fix, but its much easier if one can just add a washer to the beast mechanism

#2514 7 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Upon receipt, a large tear/hole of the cardboard shipping box was noticed on the upper right side. With flashlight inspection, there appears to be no gross trauma (scratches/gouges, etc.) to the cabinet.

I had a simular issue, my box was damaged up the right side! Almost as if a fork from the forklift had teared threw the box as the driver was lifting/lower the forks. The R&L driver sat and waited for me to open the box to ensure there was no damage to the game!

#2515 7 years ago

Anyone else fortunate enough to get a free "credit" after matching your score's last digit with the number on screen? Why does it sound like someone is karate chopping a piece of wood in my cabinet? It sounds like someone is cracking in half in there... wtf??

#2516 7 years ago
Quoted from Ransom99:

Anyone else fortunate enough to get a free "credit" after matching your score's last digit with the number on screen? Why does it sound like someone is karate chopping a piece of wood in my cabinet? It sounds like someone is cracking in half in there... wtf??

Pinball machines traditionally have a knocker built in the game cabinet to let you know when you get a free credit.
The louder the better,. especially in a loud crowded arcade.
If it annoys you, simply unplug the lead to it.

#2517 7 years ago
Quoted from Ransom99:

You can turn off the "match" feature in the settings menu. It's just another 10 second delay for me to start another game, so that setting is turned off on all my games.

#2518 7 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I've seen this on multiplayer games only so far. Player one loses the ball and when player 2 is up it automatically shoots the ball.

My wife has found this in the last couple of days but it was a single player game only.

I havn't been able to replicate the issue.
I've checked options and auto launch via flippers is off.

I've checked the switch matrix and nothing seems to be activated, shaking the machine roughly doesn't seem to trigger any switches.

I think you may be correct about the drop targets, my wife ALWAYS selected the dwarf drop target skillshot so perhaps one of those triggers is being activated.

#2519 7 years ago

Removed: more testing required.

#2520 7 years ago

I was going to put flipper button protectors on my hobbit and I found two wires that look like they came off of the flipper button switch. I don't think they were ever attached but can somebody look at their game and confirm whether they have the same wires just hanging there?

IMG_5689 (resized).JPGIMG_5689 (resized).JPG

IMG_5690 (resized).JPGIMG_5690 (resized).JPG

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I was going to put flipper button protectors on my hobbit and I found two wires that look like they came off of the flipper button switch. I don't think they were ever attached but can somebody look at their game and confirm whether they have the same wires just hanging there?

Yes mine has the extra wires as well!

#2522 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I don't think they were ever attached

Heat shrink over the ends - they aren't used.

#2523 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any idea as to what they were for Lloyd? Almost looks as though they wired for an upper left flipper!?

(btw Lloyd you can make something up as we're not going to know so make it good)

#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Any idea as to what they were for Lloyd? Almost looks as though they wired for an upper left flipper!?

Originally Smaug was going to breathe fire and smoke, player controlled. Unfortunately the test game with this kept smoking up the playfield area so bad that you could no longer see to play. So the whole idea sans wiring harnesses that were already made, was eliminated.

How ever if you care to make such an apparatus yourself, you could still add it into the game.

Disclaimer :

Quoted from meSz:(btw Lloyd you can make something up as we're not going to know so make it good)
Wish granted.

#2525 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can you use them for lighted flipper buttons? Are they powered? 5V or 12V?

#2526 7 years ago

Thanks everyone!

#2527 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Can you use them for lighted flipper buttons?

I wouldn't.

Quoted from bonanza:

Are they powered? 5V or 12V?

Probably part of the dedicated switches and not good for anything else.

#2528 7 years ago

The left side button has no upper flipper, unlike the right, hence the harness has an extra pair of wires on the left side.

#2529 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The left side button has no upper flipper, unlike the right, hence the harness has an extra pair of wires on the left side.

Probably correct - I think the early prototypes had a fourth flipper on the top left. I was first disappointed they made it a sling - but now I like the sling they have now. It adds some randomization - and we don't need anymore targets on this PF anyway.

#2530 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I agree. Most likely every machine if the wires are held by the same method.
In looking at my mech's again while I was doing the flap fix I noticed that every single one of them had a degree of cuts through the wire insulation (red box in the pic below).

I had actually stopped it from occurring accidentally some time ago by using a metal washer to stop the mech from becoming jammed due to the other beast fix.
By adding the washer it actually makes a gap into which the wire has somewhere to safely sit.
Pic below has the mech in the fully up position (green box) showing how the washer creates the gap (red box).

You saved my day with that find. That method is dead proof!!! Works flawless and fixed my game. Thank you so much for sharing.

#2531 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Originally Smaug was going to breathe fire and smoke, player controlled. Unfortunately the test game with this kept smoking up the playfield area so bad that you could no longer see to play. So the whole idea sans wiring harnesses that were already made, was eliminated.

Are there any pictures of this test setup?

#2532 7 years ago
Quoted from jrcw:

whoooosh. It was a joke

"btw Lloyd you can make something up as we're not going to know so make it good)

Wish granted."

#2533 7 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

You saved my day with that find. That method is dead proof!!! Works flawless and fixed my game. Thank you so much for sharing.

For future reference the washers I used were marked as "Size : 3/16 x 3/4 x18g"

#2534 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

How ever if you care to make such an apparatus yourself, you could still add it into the game.
Disclaimer :

Wish granted.

WAIT I must have one of the proto games then as the Invisaglass on my machine is smoked grey!!!

good stuff Lloyd

#2535 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

For future reference the washers I used were marked as "Size : 3/16 x 3/4 x18g"

koops, apologies if I missed it but did you add washers to all four beast???

#2536 7 years ago

finally got my game! and i love it , although i do have but's the shooter rod spring sucks! and my kickback when you use the ring only gets its halfway across the PF when i get it on the highest setting , is that normal?

#2537 7 years ago
Quoted from jrcw:

Only one. Don't share or post anywhere.

firefighters-training-live-fire-37543 (resized).jpegfirefighters-training-live-fire-37543 (resized).jpeg

#2538 7 years ago

Man, all these posts about Smaug and smoke... I wanted to believe. lol

Small update regarding that... sound. Victor suggested removing the red/white audio cables from the passthrough and plugging them directly into the sound card. I'm sorry to say the sound remains

My right wire rail is back to its old ways trapping my ball at the end of Radagast's chute. I'm on my way to get some small washers, hopefully that fixes the problem >__<.

Lastly... I suggest putting tape along the edges of the cabinet any time you need to flip the playfield up. I think I'm being careful but something is catching on the right side. I won't show the damage but I'm pretty bummed...

20161126_101755 (resized).jpg20161126_101755 (resized).jpg

20161201_085445 (resized).jpg20161201_085445 (resized).jpg

#2539 7 years ago
Quoted from Ransom99:

Man, all these posts about Smaug and smoke... I wanted to believe. lol
Small update regarding that... sound. Victor suggested removing the red/white audio cables from the passthrough and plugging them directly into the sound card. I'm sorry to say the sound remains
My right wire rail is back to its old ways trapping my ball at the end of Radagast's chute. I'm on my way to get some small washers, hopefully that fixes the problem >__<.
Lastly... I suggest putting tape along the edges of the cabinet any time you need to flip the playfield up. I think I'm being careful but something is catching on the right side. I won't show the damage but I'm pretty bummed...

2 or 3 small washers would definitely get you the 1/16" or more clearance you need.
You might have JJP send along a new VUK wire-form as it looks like either the one you have is about 1/8" short or possibly the main right wire-form is bent or malformed.

Or possibly send along some measurements to see if something went wrong on assembly.

#2540 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

koops, apologies if I missed it but did you add washers to all four beast???

Yes. You technically only need 1 per beast. You could add one to either side to balance out the force of the rising mech slamming a single one though I suppose.

I do have a question.

Does anyone know what the usb stick is that is installed in the back of the computer chassis?

This is not the usb cable at the front used for updates but at the rear. USB security dongle?

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Does anyone know what the usb stick is that is installed in the back of the computer chassis?

Quoted from koops:

USB security dongle?

You answered it.

#2542 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So does anyone have a machine with a number less than 10?

SE #7

#2543 7 years ago

Finally - a $60,000 mod worth buying. http://www.hammacher.com/Product/12185?promo=search

#2544 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

finally got my game! and i love it , although i do have but's the shooter rod spring sucks! and my kickback when you use the ring only gets its halfway across the PF when i get it on the highest setting , is that normal?

I had to swap my shooter spring, wouldnt even make the lock targets, swaped it with a low tension string (brown I think) and can hit all the shots now.

#2545 7 years ago

Any news on a new update?

#2546 7 years ago

1.94 is coming very soon as it is being tested all around. I would expect it to release shortly although I know of no exact date. Adds pindemption plus some other things and addresses the sound popping issue.

#2547 7 years ago

notice they don't show it flying in the video.

#2548 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

the sound popping issue.

Got a recording of this issue? I want to see if it sounds like what I have.

#2549 7 years ago

I'm having video/audio sync issues. I don't always look at the screen but noticed it a couple of times, like on the riddle mode, where the speech is out of sync with the video. Lloyd, do you think I should do a full install of the software and then update that to 1.90 to see if that helps? Or if anyone else has seen this, let me know.

Thanks

#2550 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

. Lloyd, do you think I should do a full install of the software and then update that to 1.90 to see if that helps?

I'd definitely try that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 259.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.