IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 260.
#1751 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Yes, back glass is VERY tight. I actually put in a service question to JJP but figured it out with patience and gentle pressure.

Yes - it needs a lot of force to lift. I thought I was going to break mine until it finally started to shift and I gave a huge sigh of relief.

#1752 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

same here.
Now I can't figure if the lcd screen bezel was showing through as much as it was before.
I've measured the lift channel in the head and it matches how far down I can reinstert the backglass.

I found that after I reinstalled my backglass that I had to do some minor adjustments to its position to get the LCD screen bezel to be even all around. If I have the backglass all the way down then the LCD bezel at the bottom shows too much.

#1753 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Did you get it back in and realigned the same way the factory had it?
I can't seem to get enough downward pressure to get it to align with the lcd properly. It leaves 2-3mm of silver bezel visible.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/7d844d073e3addd30fb896c8e14f666c.jpg

Mine does go down all the way into the bottom channel - but I then have to lift it slightly to get the LCD bezel nicely aligned. I suspect in your case that you'll need to apply a little more downforce to get it further into the bottom channel. I really think JJP could have achieved a nice snug fit rather than this backglass "glued in" effect.

#1754 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Thx for info ordering mine now!

I'm just ordering mine now as well. These certainly cover my main areas of concern, i.e. the shooter lane, Radagast and Balin holes and the Smaug ball drop. That said, I did start to wonder how likely the Radagast and Balin holes were likely to get damaged and worn as they are - thoughts anyone?

#1755 7 years ago

Just email him and he will send you a request for payment

#1756 7 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

I'm just ordering mine now as well. These certainly cover my main areas of concern, i.e. the shooter lane, Radagast and Balin holes and the Smaug ball drop. That said, I did start to wonder how likely the Radagast and Balin holes were likely to get damaged and worn as they are - thoughts anyone?

I added some of the included packing foam to the Smaug drop. Works nicely as the ball does a double bounce directly into the hole. I had a visible dimple after just a few games. I'd hate to imagine what a 1000 would look like.

I'd expect that the Rad and balin holes will slowly be chewed out on those corner profile sections. I thought I already saw it happening on mine. I'll double check.

#1757 7 years ago

I used mylar on the Smaug hole Two sheets and no problems

#1758 7 years ago

Cliff uses extra thick Mylar for the Smaug drop.

#1759 7 years ago

Not home to look at my machine to check before ordering cliffy's....

Are you guys putting cliffy's switch slot protectors on your inlanes ?

#1760 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Not home to look at my machine to check before ordering cliffy's....
Are you guys putting cliffy's switch slot protectors on your inlanes ?

Does he have such a thing? Stainless drop protectors would be awesome.
The factory should have applied mylar already.

#1761 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Does he have such a thing? Stainless drop protectors would be awesome.
The factory should have applied mylar already.

I believe he means these : http://www.passionforpinball.com/switchslot.htm

#1762 7 years ago

Cliffy makes awesome stuff!

#1763 7 years ago

Those things rock!
Has anyone used them, or have any comments about these?

#1764 7 years ago

They are not needed on this pin. They are only needed if the ramps drop the ball on the switch or on the exposed wood just above the slot. The Hobbit deposits the ball above this area and JJP also put Mylar under the area to protect from the drop. But I would (and did) get the whole kit that Cliffy's offers. It's a well thought out kit that is needed to protect exposed areas of this game. Beware though: it does take a bit of disassembly to install the hole protectors. The shooter protectors install just like the Cliffy's do on any other pin.

#1765 7 years ago

So I accidentally did a factory restart and not the 3 barrel bumpers like to fire randomly.
Do I need to adjust somethings in the settings?
Also, is there a solve for the Smaug ball catch magnet so it grabs the ball more consistently? Half the time the ball just screams over the magnet and drops into the hole.

#1766 7 years ago

Should hobbit owners also get the rollover protectors like the ones used in WOZ?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ/LionPro1.jpg

#1767 7 years ago

Software question. What's the deal with the mode 'the bait'
It asks you to hit the right ramp or right orbit. But it keep the 2 x beasts up so you can't hit make the shot. If you hit the beats it makes a sound but nothing happens. I think I hit the beasts 3 times each. At some point when there is 5 seconds left 1 of them went down but don't know what triggers it.

#1768 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

It asks you to hit the right ramp or right orbit. But it keep the 2 x beasts up so you can't hit make the shot. If you hit the beats it makes a sound but nothing happens. I think I hit the beasts 3 times each. At some point when there is 5 seconds left 1 of them went down but don't know what triggers it.

Glad you asked....I try to skip that mode if I can. I don't know how to complete it.

#1769 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You have to drop the blocking beasts by hitting the left ramp or left loop. That will drop a beast for a bit and give you a shot the hit the previously blocked shot. It is tough. The beast will come back up shortly, so best to bring a multiball into this mode.

#1770 7 years ago

Those things rock!
Has anyone used them, or have any comments about these?

Yep those are them. They work great on machines which need it. South Park is a great example of trashed drop zones in inlanes with no protection. (There's tones of other that's just the first one that popped in my head)

Thank you to crwjumper for informing me that I can pass on those.

#1771 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You have to drop the blocking beasts by hitting the left ramp or left loop. That will drop a beast for a bit and give you a shot the hit the previously blocked shot. It is tough. The beast will come back up shortly, so best to bring a multiball into this mode.

Left ramp then right ramp should be easy enough. I can't hit the orbits or holes to save my life so this mode will never be complete for me!

Also noticed that visually there is no difference between an attempted mode and a completed mode. They both have the yellow Border. Wonder if that means that for the final mode you just need to attempt 31 modes... And maybe complete the 3 x Arkenstone modes..... And not actually complete all 31

#1772 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I see others have answered your question, but you should also checkout the awesome Rulesheet that tiesmasc is working on (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hobbit-rulesheet).

#1773 7 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Did you figure out where the screw dropped out of? I too found a small screw this afternoon - lying on top of the service outlet panel. Only mech above it is the trough, and I'm not seeing anything missing (and I don't really want to tear it off).

Sorry for delay, out of town!
Still no idea as to what the screw is for. Victor at JJP couldnt determine either. He said he "walked out to the assembly line and couldn't find that size screw anywhere". Must be something that JJP buys pre assembled!!!

#1774 7 years ago

Dup

#1775 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Sorry for delay, out of town!
Still no idea as to what the screw is for. Victor at JJP couldnt determine either. He said he "walked out to the assembly line and couldn't find that size screw anywhere". Must be something that JJP buys pre assembled!!!

That looks like the screw they holds the power cable cover on. Certainly long enough.

#1776 7 years ago

As far as cliffys go... I just bought the shooter eject protectors.
I put mylar in the smaug drop area and I don't think the left and right holes get banged hard enough to warrant the protectors (but I'll keep a close eye on them).

#1777 7 years ago

I got my fix kit last night. Just to let you all know, I was able to install all 4 pop up blockers without removing anything. I used a power driver with drive extension. It really wasn't bad other than dropping a couple screws and having to search for them in the playfields mechanical mayhem. Lol. Post works great, pop ups look good, and I also got the glass extension plastic and that works well too. I'll get around to installing new ramp flaps when I have more time and ambition. Anyway, great job jjp, and big thanks to Frank at jjp for much help.

#1778 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I got my fix kit last night. Just to let you all know, I was able to install all 4 pop up blockers without removing anything. I used a power driver with drive extension. It really wasn't bad other than dropping a couple screws and having to search for them in the playfields mechanical mayhem. Lol. Post works great, pop ups look good, and I also got the glass extension plastic and that works well too. I'll get around to installing new ramp flaps when I have more time and ambition. Anyway, great job jjp, and big thanks to Frank at jjp for much help.

New ramp flaps?

#1779 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I was able to install all 4 pop up blockers without removing anything

Did you need to adjust your Warg at all? I did a dry run with my protector and the Warg hit the protector every time.

#1780 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Did you need to adjust your Warg at all? I did a dry run with my protector and the Warg hit the protector every time.

Yeah the Warg is a tight fit. I had to do a lot of work to make it just right.

#1781 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

That looks like the screw they holds the power cable cover on. Certainly long enough.

I am out of town for next 3 weeks so will have to look when I get back! Thanks for the post!!

#1782 7 years ago

Didn't have any problems with the Warg hitting my protector and its the aftermarket one. You might have to trim the protector back a bit away from the PF Warg Hole.

#1783 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

No adjustment needed on any pop ups. It is tight, but works great. Really not looking forward to installing the ramp flaps though. Game is playing great though.

#1784 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

No adjustment needed on any pop ups. It is tight, but works great. Really not looking forward to installing the ramp flaps though. Game is playing great though.

Ramp flaps?

#1785 7 years ago

Anyone else had issues with he ramp flaps being quite high off the playfield?

I've pushed the Ramps down and screwed them in and that has removed some of the slack but there is still gaps.

Video of the issue : https://vimeo.com/180725302

And after res screwing them down.

https://vimeo.com/180726925

I thinking this isn't a long term fix.

#1786 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Anyone else had issues with he ramp flaps being quite high off the playfield?
I've pushed the Ramps down and screwed them in and that has removed some of the slack but there is still gaps.
Video of the issue : » Vimeo video
And after res screwing them down.
» Vimeo video
I thinking this isn't a long term fix.

Yes, lots have that issue. I hear a fix is coming soon. Some may have it already??

#1787 7 years ago

Here is what I have done not very Nice but it works

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1788 7 years ago

Those are my ramp flaps the pinball has just 35 games

#1789 7 years ago
Quoted from vega:

Those are my ramp flaps the pinball has just 35 games

Yeah looks like they've been through a war. How the hell can they send a fix for that as they're riveted onto the ramp.

#1790 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, lots have that issue. I hear a fix is coming soon. Some may have it already??

Ahh so no point logging a support ticket then right?

#1791 7 years ago

Let JJP know about your ramp flaps. I got my Hobbit a couple of weeks ago and the ramp flaps are made of spring steel (Blueish). JJP is aware and is producing these as a resolution.

#1792 7 years ago

My new blue flaps came with my fix kit per my request. The ramp has to come off and new rivets need installed which came with ramps. It's going to be a pita I think.

#1793 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My new blue flaps came with my fix kit per my request. The ramp has to come off and new rivets need installed which came with ramps. It's going to be a pita I think.

Hmmm...I asked about those just last week and was told they're not ready yet. My kit is on its way supposedly without any ramp flaps.
I have to bend mine down frequently.

#1794 7 years ago

Does anyone know what the ring button does during Arkenstone modes?

#1795 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Does anyone know what the ring button does during Arkenstone modes?

Not sure....but I would like it to be something like throw pine cone and it would register a hit on the warg

#1796 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not sure....but I would like it to be something like throw pine cone and it would register a hit on the warg

Try as I may, under pressure the Warg is impossible to hit at times...for me.

#1797 7 years ago

Don't feel bad. Under pressure I find damn near *everything* hard to hit.

#1798 7 years ago

Hey my ramps came looking a bit dirty / milky like there's a residue there...you guys use anything to shiny them up a bit?

#1799 7 years ago

I recall seeing an extra figure on the barrels in earlier promotional material.

On my Le I only have a single barrel rider figure.

I assume this is normal and hasn't fallen off somewhere?

#1800 7 years ago

Try traping ball and backhanding.

Quoted from koops:

I recall seeing an extra figure on the barrels in earlier promotional material.
On my Le I only have a single barrel rider figure.
I assume this is normal and hasn't fallen off somewhere?

Normal

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.