IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 260.
#1551 7 years ago

IMG_20160815_201217_(resized).jpgIMG_20160815_201217_(resized).jpg

#1552 7 years ago

Thanks Mr Guarnieri!! The hobbit is fantastic!!!

#1554 7 years ago

I'm happy to see so many people excited about their Hobbitses

#1555 7 years ago

I am posting this entry in this particular thread because the owner's thread seems to be more current than some of the others. I need your help. My e-mail account on my AOL account went crazy this morning. Some strange e-mail was sent to a bunch of people on my address book. It happened right after I received an e-mail from Jersey Jen saying she was going on maternity leave. I haven't received an e-mail from her in over a year. So why now (I do have a game on order)? Did anyone else receive this e-mail? Could it be the cause of my problems? PS - I'm computer illiterate. JLC

#1556 7 years ago

My The Hobbit Smaug ships tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a delivery Friday

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

I am posting this entry in this particular thread because the owner's thread seems to be more current than some of the others. I need your help. My e-mail account on my AOL account went crazy this morning. Some strange e-mail was sent to a bunch of people on my address book. It happened right after I received an e-mail from Jersey Jen saying she was going on maternity leave. I haven't received an e-mail from her in over a year. So why now (I do have a game on order)? Did anyone else receive this e-mail? Could it be the cause of my problems? PS - I'm computer illiterate. JLC

I did not receive an email from Jen, and I have a Hobbit on order. My guess is your problem happened before you got the email from Jen, and one of the spam emails was sent to Jen and you received her automatic "out of office" reply.

#1558 7 years ago

^^^^^Thanks Bru'. That makes sense as her e-mail was titled "automatic reply". I wonder what triggered this intrusion upon my e-mail. I sure hope it doesn't harm anyone or myself. JLC

#1559 7 years ago

Has anyone done metal sling axes yet?

#1560 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dont think this is a QA problem but a vendor issue.
Essentially molded cables are always purchased from a vendor of sorts.
It would be nice if companies made all the cables "in-house", but they dont and really its not necessary.
I have been selling cables for 30 years and I can tell you that even the best cable makers in the world have tragic failures.
All that is needed is for someone to note how many cables are bad from a certain vendor and switch vendors if needed.
Cables are dirt cheap.
No one would ever skimp on quality as super premium cables are the near same price as junk ones.
I am quite certain that each and every failure is logged and batches are checked for quality as problems come up.
This is why its super important for all failures to be reported to JJP ASAP, no matter how small, so that they can control the quality and make changes as necessary.
JJP is still a new company and often vendors lie about their ability to deliver a quality product in order to gain their business.
JJP as with us all will live and learn over time and make the hard decisions.
Super premium or cheap junk cables, if they are bad just replace and move on to the next challenge....

I agree entirely with what you're saying about the cables, but disagree that this was not a JJP QA issue. Maybe my expectations are to high, but I would have expected the Sound Tests to have been performed in the factory as part of the QA process. In my game's case this would have immediately flagged an issue due to no sound from the Right hand speaker. Surely it is not too much to expect that this type of test be performed prior to boxing and shipping.

#1561 7 years ago

I agree with you. Cables dont go bad in shipping.

#1562 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I agree with you. Cables dont go bad in shipping.

Cables can go bad in shipping since they are just crimped connections.
I have had expensive (monster) cables work for only a single insertion. Problem was that the crimp was too heavy and cut the wires off so that in test it was only "touching" and worked perfectly until it was unplugged and then never worked again. Unplugging/slightly bending the cable pulled the barely touching wires away from the contacts, it was a curiosity until I cut it open to examine it.

This has happened more than once.

So basically what works perfect in testing may not work in the field, there are many variables, again JMHO but connector failure is the bane of computers, cars, spacecraft and pinball....but cables are cheap, replace it and move on to the next challenge...

#1563 7 years ago

Just set up the game. Plays perfectly with a few minor tweaks

tmp_29220-IMG_20160815_154848-355896589.jpgtmp_29220-IMG_20160815_154848-355896589.jpg

#1564 7 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Just set up the game. Plays perfectly with a few minor tweaks

Nice congrats!

What tweaks did you make?

#1565 7 years ago

I put green on one of mine

#1566 7 years ago

Drew are those the new "thin' Titan Flipper Bands? I ordered them.

#1567 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Nice congrats!
What tweaks did you make?

Cool gold coin flipper covers from Matt it looks like...

#1568 7 years ago

Those are nice for sure.

Just esthetic tweaks then Drew?

#1569 7 years ago

Those are the perfect play rubbers from pinball life.

Plugs were out of the computer in the bottom of the cabinet, small part of the "t molding" on back box was bent over from the shipping material. Also bent the metal under the ring button a hair so it didn't scratch the glass. Came with software 1.21 with a born on date of 7/26

Mods - inner cabinet art, green rubbers, LED kit from pinball bulbs and the green plastic protectors.

#1570 7 years ago

Drew - are those "coins" on the flippers REALLY secure? Curious if they will start to fall off. They look good. Kind of a compliment design to the ruby slippers on the WOZ flippers.

#1571 7 years ago

I am not a fan of the coin flippers - but I would love Matt to make some more mods for the Hobbit. I really am glad I got the pin.

I told myself I would only get 1 pin and that is all - all I have room for. But, well, I am going to get WOZ next (soon). JJP pins are just over the top awesome in my book. Just 1 more pin and that is all

#1572 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am not a fan of the coin flippers - but I would love Matt to make some more mods for the Hobbit. I really am glad I got the pin.
I told myself I would only get 1 pin and that is all - all I have room for. But, well, I am going to get WOZ next (soon). JJP pins are just over the top awesome in my book. Just 1 more pin and that is all

Woz is a must if you can pull it off. The two are amazing together.

#1573 7 years ago

Yes they are very secure for a home use environment.

#1574 7 years ago

How many Smaug SE's did they limit it to? I know LE's are 1500, but what about Smaug.....Were they fewer since they are sold out?

#1575 7 years ago

Put this on the JJP forums but thought I'd post here too to gather more data. Wanted to ask if anyone else has a ton of left ramp rejects. So many of my shots rattle around the junction at the top then come back down either side of the ramp, quite frustrating. Flippers are at the factory-set value and are just about the right power, if not just a hair under what I'd like. Thinking that increasing power will only increase the rejections too since the clean, hard shots are the ones that reject most often.

One example, slow-motion video: https://goo.gl/photos/8MzHMcSchLYmcvRBA

#1576 7 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Put this on the JJP forums but thought I'd post here too to gather more data. Wanted to ask if anyone else has a ton of left ramp rejects. So many of my shots rattle around the junction at the top then come back down either side of the ramp, quite frustrating. Flippers are at the factory-set value and are just about the right power, if not just a hair under what I'd like. Thinking that increasing power will only increase the rejections too since the clean, hard shots are the ones that reject most often.
One example, slow-motion video: https://goo.gl/photos/8MzHMcSchLYmcvRBA

I have tried multiple settings to get it dialed in. I am 1 up from default of left and 2 up on right. I find if you hit it clean it rockets up and around the ramp, but miss it and it will rattle and come back down, if you increase the strength it will rattle and go flying all over the place. Your shot needs be solid and accurate, especially when backhand flipping the ramps.

#1577 7 years ago

Very proud to say I joined the club today! My LE finally showed up! Only one wire under the playfield came disconnected in transit. I am having problems getting the lockbar to lock. Seems to be catching on something. Haven't figured out what yet. Any advice?

#1578 7 years ago

Two brass screws on the lockdown bar receiver and be used to raise or lower the locking mechanism as needed.

LTG : )

#1579 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

ow many Smaug SE's did they limit it to? I know LE's are 1500, but what about Smaug.....Were they fewer since they are sold out?

500 SE. 1500 LE

#1580 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

500 SE. 1500 LE

I have a SE #556

#1581 7 years ago

Hmmm that's interesting....

#1582 7 years ago

I must be mistaken then . Anyone else on that question

#1583 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I must be mistaken then . Anyone else on that question

SE weren't limited to a number but only available for order for a certain time! Also, SE owners picked what number they wanted so someone, technically, could have picked #1234!

#1584 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

SE weren't limited to a number but only available for order for a certain time! Also, SE owners picked what number they wanted so someone, technically, could have picked #1234!

Oh really I didn't know that. I took over someone's preorder.

#1585 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So are the SE's a subset of the 1500 LE's? In otherwords, SE + LE = 1500?

#1586 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

No.

#1587 7 years ago

Where on the playfield would you add more mylar?

#1588 7 years ago

Pretty sure they are making up to 1500 SEs even though they said there was 2 months or so to order, distributors can order them now still I believe.
Can't blame them...

#1589 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

No, 1500 LEs are being produced with them numbered 1-1500
SEs were only produced up till December, I believe it was, 2014. So anyone, including distributors, could order as many SEs as they wanted until the deadline. Once the deadline past "no more SEs will be produced"! Since the SEs were a special edition and they weren't limited to a specific number the buyer(s) could pick any number that they wanted. You could select #103 or you could select #9999.

#1590 7 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Where on the playfield would you add more mylar?

The Smaug drop into the lock. That is unprotected even with the playfield protector.

#1591 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No, 1500 LEs are being produced with them numbered 1-1500
SEs were only produced up till December, I believe it was, 2014. So anyone, including distributors, could order as many SEs as they wanted until the deadline. Once the deadline past "no more SEs will be produced"! Since the SEs were a special edition and they weren't limited to a specific number the buyer(s) could pick any number that they wanted. You could select #103 or you could select #9999.

I think the number for the SE has to be below 1500 and not already taken by another SE. At least I think that is what Jen told me when I was determining my number. Seems like I recall asking if I could do my anniversary year 1997 and she said no.

I ended up with SE 835 - and there CAN be an LE 835 (I think)

#1592 7 years ago

so the question remains how many SE are made?

#1593 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I thought it was 1,500 of both SE and LE. So 3,000 total. Wasn't there a flyer floating around that showed all 3 models and how many of each were being made?

#1594 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

undisclosed but less than 1500

#1595 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Seems like I recall asking if I could do my anniversary year 1997 and she said no.

When I asked Jack about this he advised "I have no clue now how many will be ordered, there could be numbers missing. People want #1234 Ok with me". Now this was back in October 2014 so things might have changed!

Quoted from Goronic:

undisclosed but less than 1500

If it's "undisclosed" how would you know it's "less than 1500"?

#1596 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If it's "undisclosed" how would you know it's "less than 1500"?

Good point, my understanding is that if you had an LE on order you could 'convert/upgrade?' it to an SE version at no charge But had to do so before the end of 2014. And there are 1500 LEs possible. That is where my math was, but I suppose JJP 'could have' sold more than 1500 at 9000 a piece before the end of 2014 but I doubt it.

My wild ass guess is there are 648 SE pins. However, you could buy the trim, decals and gold smaug and have a replica (but the attract mode would be missing - there by exposing the fake). JJP may require you to have an SE before selling you the gold trim or decals, but I doubt it.

If you like the LE more than the SE cool - but I'll bet there will be less SEs than LEs.

#1597 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Good point, my understanding is that if you had an LE on order you could 'convert/upgrade?' it to an SE version at no charge But had to do so before the end of 2014. And there are 1500 LEs possible. That is where my math was, but I suppose JJP 'could have' sold more than 1500 at 9000 a piece before the end of 2014 but I doubt it.
My wild ass guess is there are 648 SE pins. However, you could buy the trim, decals and gold smaug and have a replica (but the attract mode would be missing - there by exposing the fake). JJP may require you to have an SE before selling you the gold trim or decals, but I doubt it.
If you like the LE more than the SE cool - but I'll bet there will be less SEs than LEs.

My SE shipped today, can't wait to get it!!!!! I'm re-watching all the Hobbit movies in anticipation, LOL

#1598 7 years ago

Neither are rare and will be readily available for quite some time. I would highly doubt there were more than 1000 SEs ordered by that "cutoff date", but the secrecy around the actual number really allows JJP to make 5000 SEs if they want to. Makes no difference either way. Neither are rare. Did I say that neither are rare? Just to be safe: neither are rare.

#1599 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Neither are rare and will be readily available for quite some time. I would highly doubt there were more than 1000 SEs ordered by that "cutoff date", but the secrecy around the actual number really allows JJP to make 5000 SEs if they want to. Makes no difference either way. Neither are rare. Did I say that neither are rare? Just to be safe: neither are rare.

My guess was based on a 'cutoff date' actually being a cutoff date

If there really isn't one, then yeah...1500+ is possible for sure. They could also do a Gandalf SE or whatever later...

#1600 7 years ago

Either way, I doubt JJP sells more Hobbits than WOZs. In fact, I still plan on getting a WOZ next year. WOZ is an instant classic to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Hardware
Pinball Haven

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/32?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.