20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 260.
#1451 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

how does one go about finding the build date on a boxed LE?

Open it and find out.

#1452 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Open it and find out.

#1453 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

how does one go about finding the build date on a boxed LE?

Call or Email Jen and explain your situation. There should be a Machine number stamped on the outside of the box. She likely can help you with that if you are looking to buy it.

#1454 7 years ago

I went to HQ Beercade in Chicago tonight to play The Hobbit. Sadly there were a few issues :-/ The Goblin wasn't popping up :-/ The 'C' in L-O-C-K would register a roll-over only about 1 out of 10 times :-/ The ball kept getting hung up on the left ramp at the exit. Hopefully they will get the update kit from JJP and clean up these issues. Seems like it could be a fun game, just hard to play with so many issues.

#1455 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I went to HQ Beercade in Chicago tonight to play The Hobbit. Sadly there were a few issues :-/ The Goblin wasn't popping up :-/ The 'C' in L-O-C-K would register a roll-over only about 1 out of 10 times :-/ The ball kept getting hung up on the left ramp at the exit. Hopefully they will get the update kit from JJP and clean up these issues. Seems like it could be a fun game, just hard to play with so many issues.

My build date was 7/14/2016 only issue after 200 games was to slightly adjust O switch and Orc switch...I would say the build of the game is on point now personally! Order it up, worst thing I did was question myself because of early negativity...

#1456 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Home use isn't hard to make tweaks here and there , on location it could be a bit tough to maintain though to be honest

#1457 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I passed along your feedback to the operator, who is a member of my local league. Thanks for reporting it.

#1458 7 years ago

I am definitely toying with the idea of adding it to my collection. In fact I currently have one in my shopping cart on the JJP website, just can't quite pull the trigger yet....Beautiful game, think it would be nice in my collection.

#1459 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am definitely toying with the idea of adding it to my collection. In fact I currently have one in my shopping cart on the JJP website, just can't quite pull the trigger yet....Beautiful game, think it would be nice in my collection.

You won't regret it - it's incredible now and just keeps getting better!

#1460 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You won't regret it - it's incredible now and just keeps getting better!

Hey Mike Do It! You won't regret it. If you want to play one with no issues please come play mine!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1461 7 years ago
#1462 7 years ago

alright! I did it! Pulled the trigger and put a deposit. I wonder how far back in the line I am?

#1463 7 years ago

Lance's shipped yesterday! He is Stoked!

#1464 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

alright! I did it! Pulled the trigger and put a deposit. I wonder how far back in the line I am?

Why get in line at all? Just buy one of the many that are available now on Pinside and other places.

#1465 7 years ago

Get the Rad Cals! The look phenomenal!

#1466 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Why get in line at all? Just buy one of the many that are available now on Pinside and other places.

Exactly
arent there heaps of people that bought it for $500 ~$1000 less and weeks away from shipping that are offering their spot at the original price?

#1467 7 years ago

One thing I can think of is dealer support. Shipping these games is tricky business and when something is damaged in shipping, dealer support is worth it's weight in gold.

#1468 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

What are Rad Cals?

#1470 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Exactly
arent there heaps of people that bought it for $500 ~$1000 less and weeks away from shipping that are offering their spot at the original price?

I don't think there are heaps of people selling at the original price ($7500), at least not that I've noticed on here. I've seen them listed anywhere from $8000-$8700. I guess $8000 would still be less based on current pricing of $8500-$9000....and perhaps the orders which are weeks away from shipping didn't originally pay $7500...I don't know

#1471 7 years ago

Anyone on the fence I'd HIGHLY recommend purchasing it. Its my families all time favorite pin after 3-4 weeks of heavy play. Its a ton of fun, built like a tank, amazing light and video show...I know its likely never leaving our lineup

#1472 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone on the fence I'd HIGHLY recommend purchasing it. Its my families all time favorite pin after 3-4 weeks of heavy play. Its a ton of fun, built like a tank, amazing light and video show...I know its likely never leaving our lineup

How do you like it compared to WOZ, personally?

#1473 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I currently have one in my shopping cart on the JJP website, just can't quite pull the trigger yet...

One click away... Just do it!

Quoted from EricHadley:

Congrats you just Did It!

#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I agree, they look so much better than regular paper printed sideart

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It looks like your broken part at 1:12 is from a guide shown at 3:50. I'm curious if you have increased the flipper strength beyond the factory default? I've read a lot of folks are doing this and I'm concerned that excess flipper strength could cause damage in a variety of ways. I'm also wondering if it is possible that a loose screw could have fallen onto the coil and shorted it out?

Standard flipper settings (can just about make the ramps with a clean shot - but I prefer a more difficult setting like that)
The broken guides happened before 24 plays, so they really are not up to the job

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1476 7 years ago

I put another 7-8 plays on a location Hobbit on latest code and still waiting for the software to "click" for me. Can any owners share the best strategies for scoring big points and what to stack? I think my mind just isn't able to grab the complexity of the rule-set yet? Basically I try to continually light and start modes (and work on completing modes) and try to get Smaug Multiball going but I'm never really able to blow up the score or make notable progress. Sometimes I even get the Beast frenzy multiball going along with Smaug. I did get "Into the Fire" started yesterday which was pretty cool but I have no idea how I started it. It seems like most games I can get Smaug started 2-3 times, maybe Beast, and a 5-10 modes but that's about it. I also can't seem to get much over 500-600K points. I'm sure once I really understand everything and figure out the strategy it will be a much more enjoyable game!

#1477 7 years ago

Is there any need to use leg protectors or do the new cabinet external metal leg brackets eliminate the need for them? I'm obviously worried about the legs damaging the cabinet decals (I have the standard decals and not the Rad Cals).

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

Is there any need to use leg protectors or do the new cabinet external metal leg brackets eliminate the need for them? I'm obviously worried about the legs damaging the cabinet decals (I have the standard decals and not the Rad Cals).

External metal brackets are included.

#1479 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

External metal brackets are included.

Yes I know - what I'm asking is if they are adequate to eliminate the need for third party leg protectors. This is my first pin with these external metal brackets.

#1481 7 years ago

ok, upgraded my order to the RAD-CAL's

#1482 7 years ago
Quoted from ikrananka:

From what I saw in a video of the factory tour at JJP, the decals can be applied with the legs already on the cabinet. The "Rad Cals" at least are pre-cut so that they can be added with the legs on. So ... I don't think you will damage the cabinet decals unless you are really throwing your machine around. I have seen people put a machine on one leg and tip it about 45 degrees and shake it to get a ball unstuck at a expo show. That was scary. Some people have a crazy disregard for other people's treasures.

#1483 7 years ago

You don't need any additional leg protectors at all.

#1484 7 years ago

The Sméagol has landed! LE #1253. Man this bugger is heavy!

#1485 7 years ago

Yay! Congrats!
I see you got the new left wire-form, did you also get the ball trap fix/inserts inside the pop-ups?

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

From what I saw in a video of the factory tour at JJP, the decals can be applied with the legs already on the cabinet. The "Rad Cals" at least are pre-cut so that they can be added with the legs on. So ... I don't think you will damage the cabinet decals unless you are really throwing your machine around. I have seen people put a machine on one leg and tip it about 45 degrees and shake it to get a ball unstuck at a expo show. That was scary. Some people have a crazy disregard for other people's treasures.

Quoted from Drenden:

Thanks guys - no protectors it is then.

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The Sméagol has landed! LE #1253. Man this bugger is heavy!

Good stuff man, the game is fantastic!

#1488 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How do you like it compared to WOZ, personally?

Right now I'd say I like it more...but I also know its still the honeymoon phase, and that could be part of it. But I like the theme so much better, and obviously the video quality is way better because Woz had to use a 50 year old movie (or however old that movie is)

But I love both...but would say Hobbit is my favorite right now.

#1489 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Right now I'd say I like it more...but I also know its still the honeymoon phase, and that could be part of it. But I like the theme so much better, and obviously the video quality is way better because Woz had to use a 50 year old movie (or however old that movie is)
But I love both...but would say Hobbit is my favorite right now.

I like it soooo much better than WoZ. The drop targets on this game are by far my favorite feature - I don't think it's a stretch to say they are the best drop targets in pinball history.

#1490 7 years ago

Yay! Congrats!
I see you got the new left wire-form, did you also get the ball trap fix/inserts inside the pop-ups?

Yes. I got those and the new springs for the drop targets I think. I also gave a cursory check of the screws under the play field and they all seemed tight. JJP is listening!
(Thanks LTG!)

#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Yes. I got those and the new springs for the drop targets I think. I also gave a cursory check of the screws under the play field and they all seemed tight. JJP is listening!
(Thanks LTG!)

It also looks like you have upgraded ramp-flaps.

#1492 7 years ago

Mine comes tomorrow!!! How would I recognize the upgraded ramp flaps? It's my biggest worry.

#1493 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Mine comes tomorrow!!! How would I recognize the upgraded ramp flaps? It's my biggest worry.

The ramp flaps are fine, I have no idea why anyone even complains about them? The ramps are silky smooth when hitting them. Don't worry about it.

#1494 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

ok, upgraded my order to the RAD-CAL's

Your gonna love those. They look like a photograph!

#1495 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

The only game that needs additional cabinet protectors are the games with Rad Cals. The Rad Cals are thicker than standard cabinet decals therefore when you put on the legs, they hit the cabinet and cause buckling in the Rad Cal. You have to add another set of the metal protectors or use the thick plastic protector. I have found several games now that have buckled Rad Cals.

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The ramp flaps are fine, I have no idea why anyone even complains about them? The ramps are silky smooth when hitting them. Don't worry about it.

The ramps are smooth and nice when the flaps aren't curling up by 1/2" and slowing the ball or causing it to jump. Sounds like you got lucky and don't have that issue. Others like me do.

#1497 7 years ago

Love mine so far. I've had WOZ twice and I certainly like this better.

#1498 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The ramps are smooth and nice when the flaps aren't curling up by 1/2" and slowing the ball or causing it to jump. Sounds like you got lucky and don't have that issue. Others like me do.

Can you take a pic of them? My ramp flaps don't sit flush on the playfield either, they worked themselves back up a bit from when it was new, but still works fine. Sorry u are having an issue with yours.

#1499 7 years ago

It also looks like you have upgraded ramp-flaps.

Yeah - I thought that they looked like spring-steel. Sweet!

#1500 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Exactly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/30?hl=touchingevil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.