Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.43 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.54 PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.59 PM (resized).png
ssd (resized).jpg
IMG_2845 (resized).jpeg
trollback (resized).JPG
IMG_3885 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 263.
#13051 54 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

There is no Hobbit on location near me and my wife is a big fan of the movies. How does this compare to GNR, Dialed In, TS4, and GF? I played all of those and nothing made me want to buy those. But I did love EJ.
My wife and I love widebodies and we love Scooby. How would you rate the Hobbit compared to the other JJP pins I played? Thanks for your feedback.

pinballinreno said it best: “Hobbit is all about the journey”.

Game is immersive like no other. Best shooter? Nope.

Best mechs? Nope.

Will you smile while playing it? Yes indeed!

I was jamming out today and some hardware flew onto my playfield. I cannot see where it came from. Anyone have any pointers?

IMG_3885 (resized).jpegIMG_3885 (resized).jpeg
#13052 54 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Sounds like you might really enjoy it based on your description. It'll be the last pin to leave my house, I've been saying it for years. It can be fast at times, but it's typically a bit floaty with the wide open middle. Beasts do pop up, which is fun. Feels like every game is starting a new adventure. I was only able to appreciate the game once I owned it at home.

Thank you so much for your reply. That was one concern for my wife was the wide open playfield. The beast popping up is a nice addition to break up the middle being open. Always a fun time hitting pop up bash toys.

#13053 54 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Anyone have any pointers?

From one of the character heads.

See picture. Of a Medieval Madness troll, but same thing.

LTG : )

trollback (resized).JPGtrollback (resized).JPG
#13054 54 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thank you so much for your reply. That was one concern for my wife was the wide open playfield. The beast popping up is a nice addition to break up the middle being open. Always a fun time hitting pop up bash toys.

I've owned Wonka and WOZ. Wonka was a much smoother shooter than Hobbit, more satisfying ramps. I ended up selling Wonka and I still have Hobbit. The theme is amazing to me, I grew up reading all the books as a youngster. The code is amazing and immersive, the audio can't be matched. If you love the Hobbit/LOTR universe you need to own this one. It does not have the best shot layout, but it is still a lot of fun. I am a big fan of drop targets so I'm pretty sold on that aspect of the game, you don't see modern pins with this many drop targets anymore. I sold WOZ also years ago, theme just not for me for the long term.

#13055 54 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Rejoined the club today with Gold Smaug #11!
[quoted image]

Nice... I really feel like there is nothing in pinball as unique as the Hobbit. There might be a lot of pins with more flow, faster, etc but most today just feel like very safe cookie cutter layouts. Hobbit just feels special and unique, it really stands apart from everything else.

#13056 54 days ago

Still looking for an Elite Topper

#13057 54 days ago
Quoted from Tres:

Still looking for an Elite Topper

If memory serves (which it often does NOT) the last one I saw sold for a shade under $4k. Just a heads up.

If I had one I’d sell it for that in a heartbeat.

#13058 53 days ago

Good morning. I searched this thread for mirror blades but did not find what I was looking for.

I own TH LE. For those of you who installed mirror blades and who are happy with them, can you please refer me to the web site you purchased them from?

Are there any mirror blades for sale that come with adhesive so you don’t have to screw them into the cab?

It looks like Coin Taker, PDI, and Tilt sell them.

TIA!

#13059 51 days ago

So I turned on my Black Arrow Hobbit this morning and noticed the spotlights were running continuously, also while I played a game. They went off in test mode and responded in test as expected. Any idea what might cause this? I have recently put the 4.01 install on it but didn't notice this immediately afterwards.

#13060 48 days ago

Is anyone else having audio issues with Hobbit code v4.01? I upgraded from v3.9 software where the audio sounded great. And now with v4.01 code, we only have music coming out of the left speaker. How can I fix this? Can I downgrade back to v3.9?

#13061 47 days ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Is anyone else having audio issues with Hobbit code v4.01? I upgraded from v3.9 software where the audio sounded great. And now with v4.01 code, we only have music coming out of the left speaker. How can I fix this? Can I downgrade back to v3.9?

Might be worth checking the speaker connections. When my machine turned up it had one speaker off due to a badly soldered RCA plug.

#13062 46 days ago

Arg! My Hobbit stopped booting! It makes the speaker pop noise like normal and then after a *much* longer than normal amount of time it appears to start loading but it never finishes. It will load 55 or 60 or 62 files (different every time) and then fritz out and the screen goes black or the text starts jumbling up like this:

IMG_2845 (resized).jpegIMG_2845 (resized).jpeg

All the LEDs are lit on the driver board and the cpu seems to be trying to boot.

My first guess would be hard drive. But I didn't think solid state drives go bad (and certainly not this quickly?).

Anyone else have this issue?

#13063 46 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But I didn't think solid state drives go bad

Think again.

#13064 46 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Think again.

Ok, I'll start there. Can the factory motherboard be configured to boot from USB or do I need to stick with a SATA drive?

#13065 46 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok, I'll start there.

I put one of these in my Dialed In. Then did a Full Install of software. Worked perfect.

ssd (resized).jpgssd (resized).jpg
#13066 44 days ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Yes, since I upgraded to 4.01 I noticed on a long game that the sound went all 'funky' like it lost all the bass and I could not really hear the speech.
Odd thing is in kinda came and went i.e got better then would go again, so I was thinking loose connection but its never happened before and I've been playing it to test it, not such long games and its fine.
Left it on for hours just played again and its fine.

But now the book screen is just white! Again its never done this before.

So going to downgrade and test again. Will report back in a few days.

#13067 44 days ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Yes, since I upgraded to 4.01 I noticed on a long game that the sound went all 'funky' like it lost all the bass and I could not really hear the speech.
Odd thing is in kinda came and went i.e got better then would go again, so I was thinking loose connection but its never happened before and I've been playing it to test it, not such long games and its fine.
Left it on for hours just played again and its fine.
But now the book screen is just white! Again its never done this before.
So going to downgrade and test again. Will report back in a few days.

Sorry to hear you ran into issues too. Let us know what you find out! Thanks.

#13068 44 days ago

Can anyone wetransfer me v3.90 iso please [email protected]

As the latest (pre 4.01) I have v3.11

Many thanks

#13069 43 days ago

Hi, has anyone made any progress with LSOG/LIOR on these heads that are getting beat up? Paid a good amount for these and not getting any traction on either a fix/refund.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.43 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.43 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.49 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.49 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.54 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.54 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.59 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-01 at 9.02.59 PM (resized).png
#13070 43 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Hi, has anyone made any progress with LSOG/LIOR on these heads that are getting beat up? Paid a good amount for these and not getting any traction on either a fix/refund.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look about right for pinball machine bash toys.... all bashed up.

Theoretically they would be disposable

Im not sure about resin parts, the troll heads on MM are made of a stiff rubber or nylon.
They last years, even on location.

#13071 43 days ago

Hi, has anyone made any progress with LSOG/LIOR on these heads that are getting beat up? Paid a good amount for these and not getting any traction on either a fix/refund.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcomed to the club

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/art-of-pinball-hobbit-beasts-quality#post-8205259

I only hear excuses from them. That was my second bad experience with AOP.

#13072 43 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Welcomed to the club
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/art-of-pinball-hobbit-beasts-quality#post-8205259
I only hear excuses from them. That was my second bad experience with AOP.

I like the beat up look to them.

Battle scars !

#13073 43 days ago

Hi, has anyone made any progress with LSOG/LIOR on these heads that are getting beat up? Paid a good amount for these and not getting any traction on either a fix/refund.

The EXACT reason I didn't bother buying them. Steel against plastic - steel always wins. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for charging a ridiculous amount of money and then not standing behind their product? "Shame, ding ding". Game of Thrones.
I call that the "ole JJP warranty". lol

#13074 43 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The EXACT reason I didn't bother buying them. Steel against plastic - steel always wins. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for charging a ridiculous amount of money and then not standing behind their product? "Shame, ding ding". Game of Thrones.
I call that the "ole JJP warranty". lol

JJP doesn't sell the heads; They are made by Lior and sold through Little Shop of Games.

I could be mistaken however as I am tired and over 40.

#13076 42 days ago

My Lior sculpts aren’t torn up like that, but I don’t play thousands of games. The game in the pics also has wear around the pop up beast holes. Lots of plays

#13077 42 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My Lior sculpts aren’t torn up like that, but I don’t play thousands of games. The game in the pics also has wear around the pop up beast holes. Lots of plays

Hhhhmm, this is my machine and a couple notes. I probably have played these heads maybe 100 plays and they started failing. Further, the machine is in very good condition. It is a Broken Arrow edition that has been in one other home than mine. There is no way this machine has had even 400 plays. The heads have been on the machine about six months.

#13078 42 days ago

I stand corrected then. Will have to inspect mine next time I pull my Hobbit LE out of storage. I don’t buy much Lior stuff anymore due to the absurd prices. Same with a few other vendors. Upgrades like Invisiglass makes sense as they can be moved to other games when rotating. The Lior beasts do look nice, but if they’re coming apart, one can just reinstall the originals

#13079 39 days ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Sorry to hear you ran into issues too. Let us know what you find out! Thanks.

My sound and 4.3" TFT monitor issues were not the 4.01 update, after I downgraded to v3.11 I found the 4.3" TFT screen was still just white and the sound was also still dropping out!

I found on the mini sound board in the metal box in the cabinet appeared to have dry joints as if I wiggled the phono's it would make the sound come and go.
So re-flowed the solder on the board, also found the sub woofer had a dry joint so did that one.

On the 4.3" TFT I un-plugged and re-plugged the monitor and computer end and still had no screen just the white back light, so I knew it had power.
I plugged in a PC monitor to the VGA and it was fine so the PC is good.
But when I plugged the 4.3" TFT back in low and behold its working again, I am guessing a lose cable or something....

20240609_110034 (resized).jpg20240609_110034 (resized).jpg
#13080 38 days ago

Biggest deal of the season
BUY 1 HOBBIT PINHEAD SHIRT, GET THE HOBBIT SET 30% OFF - PIB1SG1TH30
Codes limited to 3

Http:/www.pinballinvasion.com

Get the pinhead rune shirt and get the decal set for 30% off

IMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4447 (resized).jpegIMG_4447 (resized).jpeg

Added 37 days ago:

Figured I'd add the links to make it easier
https://www.pinballinvasion.com
https://www.pinballinvasion.com/products/pinhead-runes-pinball-t-shirt?variant=48350101864725
https://www.pinballinvasion.com/products/the-hobbit-decal-kit?variant=47849617129749

#13081 36 days ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Can anyone wetransfer me v3.90 iso please [email protected]
As the latest (pre 4.01) I have v3.11
Many thanks

Update 4.01 completely messed up my machine. Cant play at all.

jrawlinson_2000
Did you ever find the ISO for 3.90 firmware?
Or does anyone have a link to it anywhere?

#13082 35 days ago
Quoted from SamW:

jrawlinson_2000

Oh no, sorry to hear that, sadly no one ever came back to me with v3.90, I have v3.11 if that is any good?
Or reach out to JJP maybe they can send you v3.90.

I hope you get your machine fixed.

Did you do a v4.01 UBS update or via download? As I did it via USB.

#13083 35 days ago
Quoted from SamW:

jrawlinson_2000

Sometimes you have to do a complete full install to fix it.

Hopefully you used the easy to use USB backup system.

Other than that, you can try to redo the update a couple times via a USB stick, sometimes it all comes back after a couple tries.

#13084 34 days ago

Installed a lit Arkenstone button; button lights up and animates as it should. I press start and the light in the button goes out and won’t ever come back on, even if I switch back to stock.

Now I’m seeing this message

IMG_4045 (resized).jpegIMG_4045 (resized).jpeg

#13085 34 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Now I’m seeing this message

Reseat mini USB connector and be sure it is in tight.

pageD60hobbitminiusb (resized).jpgpageD60hobbitminiusb (resized).jpg
#13086 33 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Reseat mini USB connector and be sure it is in tight.
[quoted image]

Thank you sir! No more error but the button light is still not working

#13087 33 days ago

I bought the updated USB stick from JJP $20.00
My prior code hasn’t been updated in years. No problem at all easy peasy.

Did the same with Woz and DI. Prior code was years ago both when I bought the game new.

Cheers

#13088 30 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

JJP doesn't sell the heads; They are made by Lior and sold through Little Shop of Games.
I could be mistaken however as I am tired and over 40.

I was attempting to convery the warranty for the product itself was jenky like what JJP offers, not that it was made by JJP.

#13089 28 days ago

Well my mini LCD screen went out. Was washed out redish hue for awhile and now blank. I heard likely the IO board needs to be replaced but I already have a replacement screen so I wanted to try that first. On the back there is an orange “film” of circuitry that plugs into a white piece of plastic. I assume it works off of a clamp but I’m not sure how to properly unplug the orange film without damaging it. There is a piece of black plastic on the bottom but I don’t know if that is used or not to pull down or up. Any help Wouk’s be greatly appreciated! Pics show the current plugged in board and the replacement with just the orange “film” to plug in.

47AEDE9A-32F1-4B79-A0D8-AEBAE715384D (resized).jpeg47AEDE9A-32F1-4B79-A0D8-AEBAE715384D (resized).jpeg7106D719-A63B-4D53-A76D-770A540B484A (resized).jpeg7106D719-A63B-4D53-A76D-770A540B484A (resized).jpeg8B7F8809-612F-4E69-95F5-4F2177E73F03 (resized).jpeg8B7F8809-612F-4E69-95F5-4F2177E73F03 (resized).jpeg
#13090 28 days ago

The white part lifts up, or snaps up. Lift it, remove old ribbon thing, replace new one. Snap cover back on.

#13091 28 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

The white part lifts up, or snaps up. Lift it, remove old ribbon thing, replace new one. Snap cover back on.

Thanks!

#13092 23 days ago

The sticker on Hobbit is driving me nuts; anyone know where I can obtain a basic JJP plate so I can have it match the others?

#13093 23 days ago

Just updated via wifi to 4.01 and now there is zero sound. Any thoughts?

#13094 23 days ago

Be sure it isn't turned off on cabinet or in settings. Be sure volume adjust is set higher.

#13095 23 days ago
Quoted from cliffordpd:

Just updated via wifi to 4.01 and now there is zero sound. Any thoughts?

Never mind. I did a USB complete reload and the sound is back

#13096 22 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

The sticker on Hobbit is driving me nuts; anyone know where I can obtain a basic JJP plate so I can have it match the others?

Which sticker? The number plate?

#13097 22 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Not sure you can change that. Completely different head.

#13098 22 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Which sticker? The number plate?

No, the decal up top between the speakers.

#13099 21 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

JJP will sell you one. Probably want to use magnetic tape on the install.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bluffton, IN
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 263.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.