IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 260.
#11951 11 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Where do I hook up the keyboard

USB cable by cashbox.

Quoted from SLRage:

where is the battery

On mother board inside huge metal box with all the boards.

LTG : )

#11952 11 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Newbie question. Where do I hook up the keyboard and where is the battery

Battery page E-14 in the manual.

Manual here - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/th/Hobbit_Manual%203_4%20November%202018.pdf

LTG : )

#11953 11 months ago

Your awesome! Thanks

#11954 11 months ago

First thing I had to do when I got mine.

#11955 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I usually Shatz the inlanes to collect them:

One learn everyday, I did not know this trick. Works like a charm with a little bit of practice, thanks !

#11956 11 months ago

I beat Smaug tonight! That was cool!

#11957 11 months ago

My Smaug magnet works (actually catches the ball) very intermittently. I'm not sure when it's supposed to vs not supposed to.

Should it be catching the ball every time it goes in there?

What are things I could be looking for if it's not working properly and where should I start troubleshooting.

#11958 11 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I beat Smaug tonight! That was cool!

Best "moment" in pinball

#11959 11 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

My Smaug magnet works (actually catches the ball) very intermittently. I'm not sure when it's supposed to vs not supposed to.
Should it be catching the ball every time it goes in there?
What are things I could be looking for if it's not working properly and where should I start troubleshooting.

It doesnt catch the ball every time.

This is intentional. Less stop and start action.

#11960 11 months ago

It doesnt catch the ball every time.
This is intentional. Less stop and start action.

Ok cool.

But that doesn't make sense as the cut scene is what takes the time. If it did catch the ball every time you wouldnt lose any time anyway bc of the cut scenes.

But that is good to know.

#11961 11 months ago

Hi! Am thinking about pimping my Hobbit, normally i use mirror blades , but for this piece of art am pondering some art blades, does anyone have the tilt graphics art blades so i can see how it looks inside the pinball machine? on his website i can only see the art blades but not inside the pinball machine.
bf3ed0_69fd6652ccac48d8aa595355c71727d0~mv2 (resized).jpgbf3ed0_69fd6652ccac48d8aa595355c71727d0~mv2 (resized).jpg

Am also open to other suggestions.
I googled for Hobbit art blades but only found 2

#11962 11 months ago
Quoted from Days:

Hi! Am thinking about pimping my Hobbit, normally i use mirror blades , but for this piece of art am pondering some art blades, does anyone have the tilt graphics art blades so i can see how it looks inside the pinball machine? on his website i can only see the art blades but not inside the pinball machine.
[quoted image]

Personally , I think gold mirror blades would look sweet .

#11963 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

could be nice too! i have mirror ( not golden ) in all my pinball machines.
Never saw golden, someone sells them?

#11964 11 months ago
Quoted from Days:

Never saw golden, someone sells them?

They're out there , I got mine (black) a lot cheaper from KJS in Australia .
https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#11965 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I know they will!

#11966 11 months ago
Quoted from Days:

[quoted image]

In my opinion, mirror blades are the way to go for Hobbit.

#11967 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mine came with gold mirror blades on it. It does look good

#11968 11 months ago
Quoted from Days:

[quoted image]

I personally like the map one! Installed just this past week.

01867285-083F-4AA0-B8CB-A39A6BA1CBF6 (resized).jpeg01867285-083F-4AA0-B8CB-A39A6BA1CBF6 (resized).jpegCC701F55-1B3C-4313-9DD4-75989E3A3B1E (resized).jpegCC701F55-1B3C-4313-9DD4-75989E3A3B1E (resized).jpegF8AAF49E-58E0-430C-82E2-2157D56E4433 (resized).jpegF8AAF49E-58E0-430C-82E2-2157D56E4433 (resized).jpeg
#11969 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I personally like the map one! Installed just this past week.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like that on too.

I also like the engraved Hobbit mirror blades from Europe?

#11970 11 months ago

I like that on too.
I also like the engraved Hobbit mirror blades from Europe?

engraved mirror blades?

Indeed , that Map art blades looks amazing, are also from tilt graphics?

#11971 11 months ago
Quoted from Days:

engraved mirror blades?
Indeed , that Map art blades looks amazing, are also from tilt graphics?

I got it from pingraffix, however they took quite a long time to ship (months!) and I had to send about 4 e-mails before they responded with an update.

#11972 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I got it from pingraffix, however they took quite a long time to ship (months!) and I had to send about 4 e-mails before they responded with an update.

I will never use pingraffix again for a similar but much worse issue that I won't get into here. Tilt Graphics for the win.

#11973 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They're out there , I got mine (black) a lot cheaper from KJS in Australia .
https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

What is KJS and can we still get them? I would love black mirrors on my JJP GnR and gold on Hobbit.

But at $285 a set.... Eesh.

#11974 11 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

What is KJS and can we still get them? I would love black mirrors on my JJP GnR and gold on Hobbit.
But at $285 a set.... Eesh.

KJS pinball is on Facebook but he's also here on pinside , I would message him KJS through here and see what you can do .
The black ones I got for GNR were perfect and were about $100 US , you would save on shipping as well getting two .

IMG_20230523_185616 (resized).jpgIMG_20230523_185616 (resized).jpg
#11975 11 months ago

Just joined the club a few minutes ago, it’s in our van as we make the 4 hour drive back home. Scored an LE with 225 plays in a straight trade. Super excited!

#11976 11 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Just joined the club a few minutes ago, it’s in our van as we make the 4 hour drive back home. Scored an LE with 225 plays in a straight trade. Super excited!

This game is NEVER leaving from my collection.

#11977 11 months ago

That’s high praise!

Tell me more!

#11978 11 months ago

I second that!

#11979 11 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

That’s high praise!
Tell me more!

Its a one of a kind, incredibly immersive experience.

Once you "get it" you will be hooked forever.

Its unlike any other game I have owned.

#11980 11 months ago

Its a one of a kind, incredibly immersive experience.
Once you "get it" you will be hooked forever.
Its unlike any other game I have owned.

I traded a modded out TMNT pro with topper for an LE. I think I made a good decision.

#11981 11 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I traded a modded out TMNT pro with topper for an LE. I think I made a good decision.

That’s an insane deal.

#11982 11 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

That’s an insane deal.

Honestly, I thought so as well. I LOVE the TMNT theme but I gave the game a year to grow on me and it sadly did not pan out.

#11983 11 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

After 500 games I thought I had it all figured out.

At that point I realised that it was just the beginning.

I no longer play for points or wizard modes, or to kill Smaug.

Its all about the adventure. Each one is totally different.

Its like being a part of a greater story.

Anyone can get to the 3 wizard modes, anyone can time out all the modes and get to "there and back", and claim they "beat" the machine.

To play and complete 31 modes and completely finish the 3 wizard modes to their ends?

Thats not even what the game is about.

There may be a lot to learn on this game, its not too bad, but it was designed to be amazing for YEARS.

Its all about the adventure.

#11984 10 months ago

Amen. Preach it brother! Hobbit is a masterpiece, even just powered off

#11985 10 months ago

The deep code, the immersion, the sound, the assets, the cinematic experience, the Smaug kill, a 10 out of 10 for me. Definitely a keeper.

#11986 10 months ago
Quoted from Days:

... does anyone have the tilt graphics art blades so i can see how it looks inside the pinball machine? on his website i can only see the art blades but not inside the pinball machine....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/162#post-5408926

#11988 10 months ago
Quoted from Days:

[quoted image]

I have these on mine (came with it) and they are the ones I wanted.

However, and this is big for me. The print quality is garbage. I mean it's bad bad. It is ALL blurry. Nothing stands out. It's all blurred and muddied together. The black is more really dark greenish. The gold doesn't have one coin stand out. Ut rather just a lump pile of gold color. With a few burry gems in it.

If I had seen these in person I would NOT buy them. But they came on the game.

They also have some rips on them and once they are ripped they only get worse. So I'm looking to change mine out.

#11989 10 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I have these on mine (came with it) and they are the ones I wanted.
However, and this is big for me. The print quality is garbage. I mean it's bad bad. It is ALL blurry. Nothing stands out. It's all blurred and muddied together. The black is more really dark greenish. The gold doesn't have one coin stand out. Ut rather just a lump pile of gold color. With a few burry gems in it.
They also have some rips on them and once they are ripped they only get worse. So I'm looking to change mine out.

Honestly any art for this game other than licensed art would be sub par!
Mirror blades for sure!
Mirror on standard and Le
Gold on Smaug
Black mirror on black arrow !
Just my two cents!

#11990 10 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

... The print quality is garbage. I mean it's bad bad. It is ALL blurry. Nothing stands out. It's all blurred and muddied together. The black is more really dark greenish. The gold doesn't have one coin stand out. Ut rather just a lump pile of gold color. With a few burry gems in it.

I just relooked at mine and all I can figure is that your blades must have somehow come from a bad print run as mine are fine looking and their quality is nowhere near what I'd consider to be "garbage".

Perhaps our expectations are different though. Art blades (or occasionally mirror blades depending on the game theme) are a MUST for me on all my modern games. That said, they basically just serve as background art and contribute to the overall game's aesthetic appeal for me. As such, I don't really focus on them in detail when I'm playing (or even just visually appreciating) my games.

For all the reasons I stated in my original post, I would still enthusiastically recommend the "Treasure Trove" art blades from TILT Graphics for any Hobbit owner's consideration!

bf3ed0_69fd6652ccac48d8aa595355c71727d0~mv2 (resized).jpgbf3ed0_69fd6652ccac48d8aa595355c71727d0~mv2 (resized).jpg

#11991 10 months ago

I don't say this lightly. I've owned a decent amount of machines at this point. Played about every pin out there at some point. Hobbit is the best, most immersive, most beautiful pin I've ever owned. I don't have any hope that JJP or any other company will make something that feels this special ever again. I would get rid of every single one of my pins before this one.

#11992 10 months ago

FYI, to this day I still can't make up my mind about art blades or mirror blades. I recently put art blades on my LOTR and I couldn't be more unhappy. They just keep pulling away from the wood, the adhesive is just not strong enough. I keep having to press them back on in spots every time I take the glass off. They are the sillyoldelf ones from pinballife. They are really beautiful, but just don't stick. It made me hesitate on what I should do with my Hobbit.

#11993 10 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

FYI, to this day I still can't make up my mind about art blades or mirror blades. I recently put art blades on my LOTR and I couldn't be more unhappy. They just keep pulling away from the wood, the adhesive is just not strong enough. I keep having to press them back on in spots every time I take the glass off. They are the sillyoldelf ones from pinballife. They are really beautiful, but just don't stick. It made me hesitate on what I should do with my Hobbit.

I haven't had this issue with any art blades, but I also haven't installed the particular blades you referenced. Did you prep the cabinet sides before applying them? I always do so by cleaning the application area with isopropyl alcohol and paper towels.

#11994 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I haven't had this issue with any art blades, but I also haven't installed the particular blades you referenced. Did you prep the cabinet sides before applying them? I always do so by cleaning the application area with isopropyl alcohol and paper towels.

Yes, I did everything right. It's just bad adhesive on them.

#11995 10 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yes, I did everything right. It's just bad adhesive on them.

I've only ever applied art blades from Tilt Graphics, they were very sturdy and went on without a hitch. I am also uncertain what I want to do with hobbit, I'm thinking I really want to do gold mirror blades.

#11996 10 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I've only ever applied art blades from Tilt Graphics, they were very sturdy and went on without a hitch. I am also uncertain what I want to do with hobbit, I'm thinking I really want to do gold mirror blades.

I really wanted to get black mirror blades for my black arrow but just couldn’t justify the cost.

#11997 10 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I really wanted to get black mirror blades for my black arrow but just couldn’t justify the cost.

I have the gold and the quality is outstanding !
Black is same price point and quality.
You get what you pay for .

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

Quoted from mrossman5:

#11998 10 months ago

I had to leave this game sitting while we went to a family gathering.

Been playing for about 40 minutes. I need to turn the extra balls limit on. I've had too many.

Played each wizard mode, first 2 twice so far, killed Smaug and am on that level again. It might be the coolest shot in pinball to kill him.

This is by far the most modes I've played and still have... it looks like 4 left.

I'll post the final stats if I ever get to end the game.

20230529_122203 (resized).jpg20230529_122203 (resized).jpg

#11999 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

I have the gold and the quality is outstanding !
Black is same price point and quality.
You get what you pay for .
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

You have the gold blades on Hobbit? Any pictures?

I can't stand that they are so expensive but if they are "the ones" then.....

#12000 10 months ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You have the gold blades on Hobbit? Any pictures?
I can't stand that they are so expensive but if they are "the ones" then.....

Too lazy to remove glass!

2D1D70B2-3DFC-44D1-8985-C5B15BF3A0BE (resized).jpeg2D1D70B2-3DFC-44D1-8985-C5B15BF3A0BE (resized).jpeg5AA6C049-E337-446D-9241-CBB11FE8F12B (resized).jpeg5AA6C049-E337-446D-9241-CBB11FE8F12B (resized).jpegCE37DB3A-61E5-4B6B-B603-BA03E210D3C3 (resized).jpegCE37DB3A-61E5-4B6B-B603-BA03E210D3C3 (resized).jpegEC5D29D8-1755-4694-B771-68A64B752752 (resized).jpegEC5D29D8-1755-4694-B771-68A64B752752 (resized).jpegECBBF593-106C-42E1-9D3B-92ECAF9AF610 (resized).jpegECBBF593-106C-42E1-9D3B-92ECAF9AF610 (resized).jpegF1DA761C-5526-48CB-93F7-CBDB478D071C (resized).jpegF1DA761C-5526-48CB-93F7-CBDB478D071C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/240?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.