Topic Stats

• 7,848 posts
  • 517 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,145 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Castle (resized).png
IMG_20191027_094800 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_092217 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090807 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091030 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_091023 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0016 (resized).jpg
IMG-20191027-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_102423 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090419 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191027_090400 (resized).jpg
182073EA-3A86-4714-A07D-DE14034970C6 (resized).jpeg
B7D506CB-DD8C-4B4D-A4C1-A02716D2C79C (resized).jpeg
FC83295A-EEBB-44D9-8B79-4FE11917D16A (resized).jpeg
20190903_191923 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7848 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 157.
#1151 3 years ago

I'm in the club....received my LE today. Wow....what a game! I am so glad I cancelled my ghostbusters and bought a slot. Now I have to start spending some time on the forums and learning everything about it.

#1152 3 years ago

That is great! I just got mine a few days ago and those are not already installed which was a little bummer. I've only had one ball hang up so far so at least that is good.

#1153 3 years ago

By the way my build date was 7/14/16

#1154 3 years ago

Hi guys!

Smaug #83 owner reporting for duty.

I'm absolutely loving the game, so much to do, so much challenge, and still loving the 4 pop-ups even after many games

I've found a few issues and bugs with the game (I'll do a video shortly so I can pass the info onto JJP)

My 2 biggest issues are :-

1) The wireform that returns to the far left outlane is terrible and does not reliably return the ball, it often either drops the ball on the side, or bounces it over the stop post (thus getting a ball drain instead of starting a mode quite often) - I've spent much time tweaking it, but it's just not working reliably, it's very flawed and should have been made with sides, like the other wireforms. Anyone know if JJP are making a fix for this, as long term it is going to be the most frustrating thing about the game.

2) After a few minutes of play, my playfield LED's will "lockup" and they will not return to normal operation until I have turned the power off and on again. What I mean by this is that the LED's will lock-on in random positions and random colours and stay stuck like that. Originally I thought it might be a software issue as it happened infrequently, but now it is happening all the time. Anyone any ideas? I have already re-seated all the cables to the usb board, and all the LED driver boards under the playfield, as well as the leads going back to the computer. Additionally, when the LED's lock up, I have tried jiggling the loom about, and it doesn't change, so it's not related to any lose connection as far as I can tell

Cheers guys

Luke

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from lukewells:

Hi guys!
Smaug #83 owner reporting for duty.
I'm absolutely loving the game, so much to do, so much challenge, and still loving the 4 pop-ups even after many games
I've found a few issues and bugs with the game (I'll do a video shortly so I can pass the info onto JJP)
My 2 biggest issues are :-
1) The wireform that returns to the far left outlane is terrible and does not reliably return the ball, it often either drops the ball on the side, or bounces it over the stop post (thus getting a ball drain instead of starting a mode quite often) - I've spent much time tweaking it, but it's just not working reliably, it's very flawed and should have been made with sides, like the other wireforms. Anyone know if JJP are making a fix for this, as long term it is going to be the most frustrating thing about the game.
2) After a few minutes of play, my playfield LED's will "lockup" and they will not return to normal operation until I have turned the power off and on again. What I mean by this is that the LED's will lock-on in random positions and random colours and stay stuck like that. Originally I thought it might be a software issue as it happened infrequently, but now it is happening all the time. Anyone any ideas? I have already re-seated all the cables to the usb board, and all the LED driver boards under the playfield, as well as the leads going back to the computer. Additionally, when the LED's lock up, I have tried jiggling the loom about, and it doesn't change, so it's not related to any lose connection as far as I can tell
Cheers guys
Luke

Send in a repair ticket to get the new wireform, or get it from your distributor.
Contact JJP about the lock-ups this is not what most are experiencing, It may be bad power or an extension cord?

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Send in a repair ticket to get the new wireform, or get it from your distributor.
Contact JJP about the lock-ups this is not what most are experiencing, It may be bad power or an extension cord?

There is a new wireform then? Not seen any info about this

Thanks

Luke

#1157 3 years ago

My hobbit has it but not the new pop up fix. It works great.

#1158 3 years ago

Just scored 4,238,307 with stock settings. Killed smaug, won 3 extra balls..game took an hour. I'm spent. But LOVE this pin!

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from lukewells:

There is a new wireform then? Not seen any info about this
Thanks
Luke

I honestly think I would rather keep the original wireform. I do not like how the extended piece isn't welded to the loop at the end.

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Could you post a photo please buddy?

#1162 3 years ago

What exactly needs to happen to kill smaug? I've read it somewhere, but can't find it now. Do just aim for all orange shots during SM and how do you know when to load windlance?

#1163 3 years ago

Looks like 1.3x is coming out very soon

Lots and lots of stuff added in changelog, one of them being "+ Barrel Escape." and seems like they have another type of Multiball in there as well

#1164 3 years ago

Awesome! Can't wait. JJP has been doing an incredible job with code support for this game and that alone is a big reason why I went forward with purchasing the game.

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What exactly needs to happen to kill smaug? I've read it somewhere, but can't find it now. Do just aim for all orange shots during SM and how do you know when to load windlance?

I believe you need 6 or so jackpot, then a super to advance to the next level/scene. There are 4 levels
After that you load the winlance and kill smaug with the upper flipper

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I believe you need 6 or so jackpot, then a super to advance to the next level/scene. There are 4 levels
After that you load the winlance and kill smaug with the upper flipper

And the lit blue and red shots are jack pots correct?

#1167 3 years ago

I dont have the game.

But from examples like this video red is jackpot, blue is super.

Looks liek the first level you can just get 6 x of any jackpot but after that you need to get the 2 x orbit shots, 2 x ramps, and 2 x holes for each level before the ARF targets activate for supers.
Not sure if level 3/4 is even harder than that

#1168 3 years ago

What Flipper rubber colors are people changing too? What looks best?

#1169 3 years ago

That helps. Can't wait to try for it. Thanks

#1170 3 years ago

On some occasions I get the spider to come up and then right back down - I know that it is a slight adjustment but not sure what. Can anyone give any details on the correction? Leaf switch adjustment I think?

#1171 3 years ago

Mine was a leaf switch. Easy fix to bend switch gap

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

On some occasions I get the spider to come up and then right back down - I know that it is a slight adjustment but not sure what. Can anyone give any details on the correction? Leaf switch adjustment I think?

Yeah its a switch adjustment
Check in tests that the head is not hitting the PF on the way up. If it does it goes back and forward really fast and registers a hit
I am pretty sure that every single time a beast goes up it registered a switch hit, but it is ignored for xx milliseconds.

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You can adjust the switch, sometimes just bend the creature head a very tiny bit. My WARG always goes out of adjustment after the trap door gulps the ball.

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

What Flipper rubber colors are people changing too? What looks best?

I like the green

#1175 3 years ago

I have a SE on pre-order but haven't yet pulled the trigger to have it sent to me. Main reasons waiting to see how the new habit trails are working out and want one with the new pop up fix already installed. I hate continue to wait and it feels like JJP is getting real close to have games come off the line in good shape. I realize in shipping things can come loose and very minor issues aren't too upsetting should mine have any. That said, I believe JJP learned a lot in making WOZ and glad that most early TH productions issues have seem to be much milder compared to some of the early WOZ issues on some of those, not all. I believe JJP is learning a lot and hopefully this will continue and looking forward to hearing what JJP #3 will be!

So ready to have sitting TH next to my WOZ!

#1176 3 years ago

Is there any interest in timed game play?

I never participate in pinball during any of my get-togethers as my ball times are too long and its boring for novices to play with me.

I think it would be fun to implement a max ball time for parties and such in the code.
This would lead to all sorts of fun, like how many points you could get in a minute or 2 or three.

I could use this on all my games.

#1177 3 years ago

I have game 360 and it has new style rails seems they moved the pop ups closer as I have not had an issue with trapped balls . Also not sure but the faces look larger LOL over all game plays smoooooooth!

#1178 3 years ago

Looks like 1.30 firmware has book mode multiball.
Looks like before you shoot a mode start you can shoot either orbit and virtual lock a ball. Then when you start the mode instead of being 1 ball, it's 2 or 3 depending on how many balls you lock

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like 1.30 firmware has book mode multiball.
Looks like before you shoot a mode start you can shoot either orbit and virtual lock a ball. Then when you start the mode instead of being 1 ball, it's 2 or 3 depending on how many balls you lock

is 1.30 released?

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

is 1.30 released?

1.30P is testing. 1.30 soon.

LTG : )

#1181 3 years ago

No. Check jjp Facebook for a link to a 2 hour twitch stream of it. Haven't watched much of it yet
Also Steve bowmen has some cool videos on his Facebook page too.
Seems like early adopters can get a kit, comes with the troll fix and new stronger Springs for the drop targets. Have people been having drop target issues?

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Dough slinger is delivering my THSE in the morning. Going to be a great weekend.

Thanks again Jim for your 18th repeat pin purchase and second JJP pin. Thanks for meeting me at The Bankers house too Barry glad you made it home safely.

I do appreciate all my customers just have not had time to share the pics. Thank you!

20160716_083038_(resized).jpg

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I have game 360 and it has new style rails seems they moved the pop ups closer as I have not had an issue with trapped balls . Also not sure but the faces look larger LOL over all game plays smoooooooth!

Thanks for your business too sir. It was a very fine trade we did and so glad both people are happy as that's what this hobby should be about. Fair deals for all. Here is a box pics with his Radcals and my pin for trading. This Luci has a very clear window and is oh so pretty. Several decent offers but for now she is still by my side. Glad you are enjoy your new Smaug LE

I really do appreciate your business and support with trading.
Thanks
Buddy

IMG_2107_(resized).jpg

20160715_152630_(resized).jpg

20160718_201530_(resized).jpg

20160718_201418_(resized).jpg

20160718_201832_(resized).jpg

20160718_201346_(resized).jpg

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

you got Buddy out of the DRIVE in? LOL your going to Love your new Hobbit!

I stayed as I missed it from being gone all weekend but Dave was able to help set him up.

Looks good in his house. Thanks again for your second JJP purchase from me and 5th pin overall. My family and I thanks you for your support.
Buddy

Darin_Smaug_LE_(resized).jpg

#1185 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Buddy delivered mine yesterday Thanks BUDDY!

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I must say your pool was very tempting as it was so hot. Thanks for being so helpful and kind and letting me relive some of my pin youth with Badcats. I do miss the meows.

#1186 3 years ago

Not sure if he found someone to do the ticket booth tonight. I think he may have sent a worker sadly as I was looking forward to seeing him. It's been a couple of years since me and my boys pitched a tent under the screen at the drive-in and camped out. That was an awesome weekend. Hopefully I'll know very soon.

You are very welcome to come back and visit before the kids get too old. It happens so fast.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

On dirait que 1.3x est à venir très bientôt
Beaucoup, beaucoup de choses ajoutées dans changelog, l'un d'entre eux étant "+ Barrel évasion." et il semble qu'ils ont un autre type de Multiball là aussi

Meanwhile the code, we can have the changelog?

#1188 3 years ago

Since there are some 1.30 videos on youtube already i dont think its meant to be a secret.

==============================================================================
== Version 1.30 ==

=== Game Code

* More Into the Fire choreography.
* Improved Windlance choreography.
* Added Windlance awards 2x mode scoring, 2x playfield scoring, add-a-ball.
+ Barrel Escape.
* Arkenstone modes now properly restart after an add-a-ball event.
* REALLY scaled back Beast jackpot callouts.
* Mode won/ending fanfares unified.
* Fix Into the Fire stage 4 and victory lap lamps.
* Fix won modes not registering properly towards Arkenstone modes.
* Into the Fire scoring nerfed.
* Correct some stale blinking lamps.
* Defeat of Azog made a bit easier and higher scoring.
* Update mode hexicons.
* Ring Button can now be used during initial entry.
+ Book Mode Multiball. Adjustments control how many "easy" locks player
gets (light when Smaug locks light), and how hard it is to win points
and extra balls during Treasure Hunt.
* Fix drop targets popping back up after being hit during skill shot.
* Poppers hold off during extra ball and replay animations now.

=== Core Code

* Start button only shows Credits 0 if in attract mode now (not in-game).
* With SLOW restart set, game can be restarted on ball 1 with max players.
* Match awards credits now if interrupted by start.

#1189 3 years ago

thank you

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I must say your pool was very tempting as it was so hot. Thanks for being so helpful and kind and letting me relive some of my pin youth with Badcats. I do miss the meows.

Buddy thanks again! You forgot to mention your cousin got treated BY the DR. "Dude". LOL anyway your welcome to stop by and play BC again when your in the area as "you are one Bad Cat." "Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow"

#1191 3 years ago

Here you go! Un-boxing, few mods added right away, and LED lighting! Sorry I'm partial to the quality of PDI glass so put that in and out goes the Invisiglass...flipper gold covers, mirror blades, lit flipper buttons, lit legs, lit shooter assembly, LED's under and back of cabinet, LED's under top part of back play field area and front near flippers, red coin door eject buttons, Red Ring Shooter rod, powered Subwoofer, and few other little detail stuff on way! Really would like to find a Red Start button to replace yellow...anybody got an idea where I could find one? All this done before I turned it on for the first time . Time to start playing this bad boy!! Your wait will be worth it!!!!! So glad I didn't bow out...pic link below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/paclcwrhepm0rfc/AAAgYO7ajRvshC0_-uMtr7Xsa?dl=0

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Here you go! Un-boxing, few mods added right away, and LED lighting! Sorry I'm partial to the quality of PDI glass so put that in and out goes the Invisiglass...flipper gold covers, mirror blades, lit flipper buttons, lit legs, lit shooter assembly, LED's under and back of cabinet, LED's under top part of back play field area and front near flippers, red coin door eject buttons, Red Ring Shooter rod, powered Subwoofer, and few other little detail stuff on way! Really would like to find a Red Start button to replace yellow...anybody got an idea where I could find one? All this done before I turned it on for the first time . Time to start playing this bad boy!! Your wait will be worth it!!!!! So glad I didn't bow out...pic link below
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/paclcwrhepm0rfc/AAAgYO7ajRvshC0_-uMtr7Xsa?dl=0

i added the ring shooter rod to my game as well had to change original spring though.

#1193 3 years ago

Hi Blade Fury , can you say where you found the flipper gold covers , thanks

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi Blade Fury , can you say where you found the flipper gold covers , thanks

Pm Pinsider BackAlleyMatt !!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Since there are some 1.30 videos on youtube already i dont think its meant to be a secret.
== Version 1.30 ==
=== Game Code
* More Into the Fire choreography.
* Improved Windlance choreography.
* Added Windlance awards 2x mode scoring, 2x playfield scoring, add-a-ball.
+ Barrel Escape.
* Arkenstone modes now properly restart after an add-a-ball event.
* REALLY scaled back Beast jackpot callouts.
* Mode won/ending fanfares unified.
* Fix Into the Fire stage 4 and victory lap lamps.
* Fix won modes not registering properly towards Arkenstone modes.
* Into the Fire scoring nerfed.
* Correct some stale blinking lamps.
* Defeat of Azog made a bit easier and higher scoring.
* Update mode hexicons.
* Ring Button can now be used during initial entry.
+ Book Mode Multiball. Adjustments control how many "easy" locks player
gets (light when Smaug locks light), and how hard it is to win points
and extra balls during Treasure Hunt.
* Fix drop targets popping back up after being hit during skill shot.
* Poppers hold off during extra ball and replay animations now.
=== Core Code
* Start button only shows Credits 0 if in attract mode now (not in-game).
* With SLOW restart set, game can be restarted on ball 1 with max players.
* Match awards credits now if interrupted by start.

Thanks! Really starting to come together quite nicely! Really all that's left is Battle of the Five Armies and then maybe a final wizard mode? Then not sure on completion bonus for modes or not. Great job by Keith and his team. If I remember correctly on the stream yesterday, Jack said it's about 95% done right now and it should be completely done within a month. I'm sure over time, there will be some bug fixes along the way as well. Can't complain one bit about JJP and code support.

#1196 3 years ago

I'm really starting to get pissed off with my trough. Made the adjustment to the metal tab by bending it back a bit. That didn't help too much, because the ball started hitting the metal apron. If I backed the power off, it wasn't strong enough to put the ball in play. Took the apron off again, and bent the metal tab back to closer to how it was. That seemed to help initially, but when I am in multi-ball, the coil struggles big time to put a ball in play. You can here the machine repeatedly trying to put the additional balls in play during MB with very little success. I've tried numerous settings in the menu without and kind of real success.

This is really leaving a bad impression not only on others who come to play the pin, but me as well.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm really starting to get pissed off with my trough. Made the adjustment to the metal tab by bending it back a bit. That didn't help too much, because the ball started hitting the metal apron. If I backed the power off, it wasn't strong enough to put the ball in play. Took the apron off again, and bent the metal tab back to closer to how it was. That seemed to help initially, but when I am in multi-ball, the coil struggles big time to put a ball in play. You can here the machine repeatedly trying to put the additional balls in play during MB with very little success. I've tried numerous settings in the menu without and kind of real success.
This is really leaving a bad impression not only on others who come to play the pin, but me as well.

Man I'm really sorry to hear about this! I know out of the box I had this issue and bumping the coil power up a couple settings fixed it and it's always worked perfectly since.

Sounds like your coil might be bad and not powerful enough to serve the ball- have you called Frank @ JJP and told him everything you have done? I think you may need a new coil..

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've had similar trough issues but not to this extant. I have yet to make any adjustments to mine as it is off and on. Most games it has no issues and other times it takes 5-8 times to get out. Definitely can be extremely frustrating though.

#1199 3 years ago

Rob,

Try taping the flap back and see if it helps. Sometimes it hits that floating flap. My game is pitched at 7.2 and I don't have the issue at all

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

No. Check jjp Facebook for a link to a 2 hour twitch stream of it. Haven't watched much of it yet
Also Steve bowmen has some cool videos on his Facebook page too.
Seems like early adopters can get a kit, comes with the troll fix and new stronger Springs for the drop targets. Have people been having drop target issues?

Here's the replay of yesterday's Twitch livestream from the Jersey Jack factory on the new 1.30 code. We had Steve Bowden with us and he and Nick showed off quite a bit of the game, including Into the Fire a few times!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7848 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 157.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside