IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 260.
#11851 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I want to remove my PF protector, it looks terrible! Do I have to shim or adjust the lock rollover switches?

When I removed mine I noticed that there are small rollover protectors on each of them. Once I removed the protectors it was perfect, no other adjustments were needed.

#11852 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

When I removed mine I noticed that there are small rollover protectors on each of them. Once I removed the protectors it was perfect, no other adjustments were needed.

thanks!!

#11853 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I want to remove my PF protector, it looks terrible! Do I have to shim or adjust the lock rollover switches?

No but you need to remove the cover plastic from each one. It took me weeks to figure that out as you can't really tell it's on them. They are circles of the same material the protector is made of.

#11854 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I answered this question in another thread, but if you want to see your ball resting in the shooter lane for skill shot purposes, the wooden cover for the shooter lane area can ship not attached and can be put on at a later date if preferred.

Any other questions feel free to reach out to [email protected]
hobbit apron off of game (resized).jpghobbit apron off of game (resized).jpg

View recent photos (resized).pngView recent photos (resized).png
#11855 1 year ago

Has any any one had to take a side rail off their Hobbit? Is it easy to do? How do you go about it without wrecking it?

#11856 1 year ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Has any any one had to take a side rail off their Hobbit? Is it easy to do? How do you go about it without wrecking it?

Pretty easy, glass off, 2 small bolts.

1 week later
#11857 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I answered this question in another thread, but if you want to see your ball resting in the shooter lane for skill shot purposes, the wooden cover for the shooter lane area can ship not attached and can be put on at a later date if preferred.
Any other questions feel free to reach out to [email protected]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I saw this apron at TPF. It is beautiful. I don't have a Hobbit yet, but I am tempted to buy the apron just in case.

#11858 1 year ago

#11859 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Hey everyone...we just release our first mod of an event we are calling The 7 Days of Texas leading up to the Texas Pinball Festival. I am posting here because it is a mod for your favorite game...The Hobbit. See it here :
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/the-hobbit-pinball-mods/products/the-hobbit-replacement-apron-with-lcd-mod

The link doesn't work for me. How much will it be?

#11860 1 year ago
Quoted from wolv3:

The link doesn't work for me. How much will it be?

Matt had to pause this mod .
It will be back and live in a few weeks.

#11861 1 year ago

Hello! Happy new owner of a Black Arrow model. I noticed with my Smaug that the mouth sometime moves, and other times it seems like the entire head slightly moves with the mouth stuck closed. Is this a common issue? Also, is there a link anywhere to recommended settings to make the game more difficult?

Thanks!!

#11862 1 year ago

National holiday for me. Killed Smaug. Just over $2,000,000 and my wife came down to see it.

Cheers

#11863 1 year ago

I have both games side by side as well. Finding I rarely play WOZ anymore

Quoted from indybru:

National holiday for me. Killed Smaug. Just over $2,000,000 and my wife came down to see it.
Cheers

Nice job! It never gets old. I recorded the scene on my phone last time I killed Smaug. One of the best moments in pinball, no doubt!

#11864 1 year ago

I noticed my game doesn’t have a diffuser behind the “Book” and “Time” cutouts in the ramp. What should I buy to fix this?

#11865 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I noticed my game doesn’t have a diffuser behind the “Book” and “Time” cutouts in the ramp. What should I buy to fix this?

JJP should have this part.

#11866 1 year ago

Having issues with the back box monitor not working. Happened once and I reseated the cable to the monitor and computer but a couple days later it went out again. Any known fix for this?

#11867 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Having issues with the back box monitor not working. Happened once and I reseated the cable to the monitor and computer but a couple days later it went out again. Any known fix for this?

Did you try a new cable?

#11868 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Did you try a new cable?

Trying now. Working so far let's see.

#11869 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Trying now. Working so far let's see.

Died again even with new cable. Reseated cables and it still won't turn on
Any one else have this?

#11870 1 year ago

Sounds like a flakey cable port on either the monitor or computer. I've had solder pads crack, and if you look at the board/port PCB connection under a low-power microscope, you'll see these. The solution is re-flowing solder on each PCB board for each connector. That's what I would check next. Even easier if you have a hot-air workstation.

#11871 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Sounds like a flakey cable port on either the monitor or computer. I've had solder pads crack, and if you look at the board/port PCB connection under a low-power microscope, you'll see these. The solution is re-flowing solder on each PCB board for each connector. That's what I would check next. Even easier if you have a hot-air workstation.

Had to look at what a hot air workstation was haha. Seems like power or input to the monitor at this point. I'm leaning towards power. I tried an external monitor and it works fine. Working with JJP support hope I can get it fixed quickly.

1 week later
#11872 1 year ago

.... And now the journey begins!
Am part of the fellowship
I crossed 8 country borders to pick up this one!

IMG_20230418_142610.jpgIMG_20230418_142610.jpg
#11873 1 year ago

i just recently updated the code, didnt realize there was a new code as i have been playing gnr and ts4 a lot . what a different game with the new code!! so good!!

#11874 1 year ago

Does anyone have/know where I could get a mod to make the book screen look better? Would love to have something to cover the metal bar.

#11875 1 year ago

What improvements have you noticed? What code were you on before?

Quoted from ls1chris:

i just recently updated the code, didnt realize there was a new code as i have been playing gnr and ts4 a lot . what a different game with the new code!! so good!!

#11876 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Does anyone have/know where I could get a mod to make the book screen look better? Would love to have something to cover the metal bar.

Little shop of games; art of lior/ pinball product's.

#11877 1 year ago

This is my favorite pinball machine ever. If I only had one it would be this. Never leaving my house! It's been making it difficult to buy anything else because I compare everything to Hobbit, could be because I like the theme so much.

#11878 1 year ago

I am quite fond of mine also traded a Willy wonky for it and am very happy with the trade.

#11879 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Unfortunately it’s out of stock with no chance to return. Is that the only one out there?

#11880 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Unfortunately it’s out of stock with no chance to return. Is that the only one out there?

PM me, I think I have an extra book cover. I don't think I have the post going up but I do have a frame.

#11881 1 year ago

first day as owner of the Hobbit, i started by playing with the code that was on the pinball machine ( 1.3 ), and damn... how someone can buy an expensive machine and never updated the code?
After 20 plays with the old code, i updated to the newest one, and it's really a good improvement! Way better and way less multiballs.
The game is great!

#11882 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

What improvements have you noticed? What code were you on before?

not sure what the previous was, i had not updated in over a year. seems to be more call outs, more video assets in the modes, even into the fire seems smoother and less glitchy. previously it seemed the mode where they sing about blunting bilbo's knives would come up on every ball, and not so much anymore. after a lot of time on GnR it feels slow now so i will remove the pf protector this weekend and add more pitch, i really havnt put many plays on it prior , maybe 200, i should look at total plays and see.

#11883 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

not sure what the previous was, i had not updated in over a year. seems to be more call outs, more video assets in the modes, even into the fire seems smoother and less glitchy. previously it seemed the mode where they sing about blunting bilbo's knives would come up on every ball, and not so much anymore. after a lot of time on GnR it feels slow now so i will remove the pf protector this weekend and add more pitch, i really havnt put many plays on it prior , maybe 200, i should look at total plays and see.

Im waiting for the scorbit nag screen to be removed since it isnt supported any more.

Same for my WOZ.

#11884 1 year ago

Im waiting for the scorbit nag screen to be removed since it isnt supported any more.
Same for my WOZ.

You can remove the Scorbit prompts/red icons by disabling it in the menu.

#11885 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Unfortunately I don’t think that removes the “Scorbit connected” screen in attract mode.

#11886 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Quoted from mrossman5:

Unfortunately I don’t think that removes the “Scorbit connected” screen in attract mode.

I hated the stupid Nag screen the moment I saw it, on both my TH and WOZ.

I would instantly install an update that removed it.

#11887 1 year ago

I hated the stupid Nag screen the moment I saw it, on both my TH and WOZ.
I would instantly install an update that removed it.

On a game like Hobbit, it looks so out of place with the rest of the UI/animations. On Dialed In it’s a bit more acceptable but I’d still like it removed if it’s not offered.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#11888 1 year ago

Just wanted to say that I've been out of the club for a while, but I'll be back, dammit. Miss this game. Wish I never sold it.

#11889 1 year ago

I updated last week and I don't recall seeing scorbit info displayed.

#11890 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I updated last week and I don't recall seeing scorbit info displayed.

In attract mode?

What code version?

#11891 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Just wanted to say that I've been out of the club for a while, but I'll be back, dammit. Miss this game. Wish I never sold it.

Hobbit is still my favorite game ever. Now I have a LOTR to sit beside it

#11892 1 year ago

In attract mode?

What code version?

I'll have to check tomorrow. Good chance I'm a liar lol. I feel like I'd have noticed that screen though...

#11893 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Hobbit is still my favorite game ever. Now I have a LOTR to sit beside it

Ditto

#11894 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I'll have to check tomorrow. Good chance I'm a liar lol. I feel like I'd have noticed that screen though...

Still on my attract screen but turned off in settings.

#11895 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Still on my attract screen but turned off in settings.

I cant wait for them to fix this !

#11896 1 year ago

RIP Barry Humphries .
The Goblin King .
Probably best known for Dame Edna Everage .
A true Australian legend .

IMG_20230424_043753 (resized).jpgIMG_20230424_043753 (resized).jpgIMG_20230424_043902 (resized).jpgIMG_20230424_043902 (resized).jpg

#11897 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Quoted from mrossman5:

Check my post 11276!

#11898 1 year ago

Looking for a full set of wire forms if you have them lying around in a box.
Pm me.
Thanks
Eric

#11899 12 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Did you check my post 11276? I'm assuming you want to cover the metal book stand when you said metal bar. The post is on page 226.

#11900 12 months ago

On multiple recent & previous posts, I see numerous pinsiders without a Heart after their pinside avatar pic. It's important to maintain Pinside website, not only for the Hobbit Owners Thread but for all others. Donate Now!! $30 a year (or more) is well worth it to maintain Pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/238?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.