IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 260.
#11201 2 years ago

Oh yeah! From SC to MO and back!

20220210_164859 (resized).jpg20220210_164859 (resized).jpg
#11204 2 years ago

Has anyone removed the ramp? I started to polish it, and the cut letters are making it very challenging. I would like to remove it, polish it with mothers metal polish, and put it back. Anyone have any pointers, insights, or directions on how to remove it. If not I guess I will start unscrewing things until it comes off LOL

#11205 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Has anyone removed the ramp? I started to polish it, and the cut letters are making it very challenging. I would like to remove it, polish it with mothers metal polish, and put it back. Anyone have any pointers, insights, or directions on how to remove it. If not I guess I will start unscrewing things until it comes off LOL

Taking the ramp out is a major PITA. I had to do it when I replaced the first gen ramp flaps. It's something I never want to do again.

#11206 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I replaced my ramp when the welds broke. You pretty much have to unscrew everything to get to it, so your approach sounds as good as any

#11207 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Its not too bad, just take your time.

#11208 2 years ago

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I think I will tackle it some other time. Thanks for all the info.

#11209 2 years ago

Ok yall... I'm really enjoying the game! What a blast.... but what and how does this red target come in to play in the game? Right outlane. Thanks!

20220216_170310 (resized).jpg20220216_170310 (resized).jpg
#11210 2 years ago

Mod - For Sale
NOS (New Old Stock) - “Brand new in the box. Price includes shipping.”
2022-08-15
Harpers Ferry, WV
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 460 times

#11211 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Ok yall... I'm really enjoying the game! What a blast.... but what and how does this red target come in to play in the game? Right outlane. Thanks!
[quoted image]

I had the same question - here is what I found from another pinside user:

The Beorn target becomes active during multiballs. You will know this because the right inlane lamps strobe in a sequence towards the target when it is active. Hitting this target adds a ball. It's similar to the outlane add a balls that were added to WOZ in the late update.

#11212 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

The Beorn target becomes active during multiballs. You will know this because the right inlane lamps strobe in a sequence towards the target when it is active. Hitting this target adds a ball. It's similar to the outlane add a balls that were added to WOZ in the late update.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'll try and watch for it.

#11213 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

This is correct. If you lose a ball down the right side during mb, a well time up nudge will get the ball back.

For those of you struggling with killing Smaug, you can sort of cheat in a way. Get a ball trapped on the left flipper then shoot the right ramp to load the arrow. Post transfer the ball from the left to the right flipper. Ignore the arrow ball being shot at the upper flipper. Hit the blinking target from the lower right flipper.

#11214 2 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

For those of you struggling with killing Smaug, you can sort of cheat in a way. Get a ball trapped on the left flipper then shoot the right ramp to load the arrow. Post transfer the ball from the left to the right flipper. Ignore the arrow ball being shot at the upper flipper. Hit the blinking target from the lower right flipper.

I have killed him about 4 or 5 times and that is the way I typically do it. However, the real rush is hitting it from the top right flipper. Now THAT is an even more satisfying shot.

In fact, I would like a setting you can turn on that when you fire the ball out of the kickback you can't fire the flippers on the bottom of the playfield for a second to force the shot to come from the top right flipper. I don't think anyone else would be a fan of that though. :/

#11215 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have killed him about 4 or 5 times and that is the way I typically do it. However, the real rush is hitting it from the top right flipper. Now THAT is an even more satisfying shot.
In fact, I would like a setting you can turn on that when you fire the ball out of the kickback you can't fire the flippers on the bottom of the playfield for a second to force the shot to come from the top right flipper. I don't think anyone else would be a fan of that though. :/

That would almost certainly kill the mb on most games (assuming you have one trapped). That would give you one shot…. Lots of pressure!

#11216 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Yeh first month owning this I thought was ball save on single ball. Would shake the S out of the machine and get so pissed despite the target registering fine in tests I thought was broken. So yeh it’s def a MB thing

#11217 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yeh first month owning this I thought was ball save on single ball. Would shake the S out of the machine and get so pissed despite the target registering fine in tests I thought was broken. So yeh it’s def a MB thing

My understanding is that target only provides an add a ball during a MB.

#11218 2 years ago

I replaced all the beasts with Liors and they look great! But, I finally had one of the wires for this beast break. So I will have to solder a new wire on. Not that big a deal - but I am wondering if I can get a more durable wire to replace it with - a stronger tougher one.

Anyone have any suggestions on a better (higher quality) wire that I should use? Or should I just replace it with a wire of like quality?
E5324D24-6BB2-4804-BEAE-B3B11071B02C (resized).jpegE5324D24-6BB2-4804-BEAE-B3B11071B02C (resized).jpeg

#11219 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

My understanding is that target only provides an add a ball during a MB.

Your understanding is correct

#11220 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I replaced all the beasts with Liors and they look great! But, I finally had one of the wires for this beast break. So I will have to solder a new wire on. Not that big a deal - but I am wondering if I can get a more durable wire to replace it with - a stronger tougher one.
Anyone have any suggestions on a better (higher quality) wire that I should use? Or should I just replace it with a wire of like quality?
[quoted image]

Lengthen and re-route the wire so it's not an issue, the factory wiring is kind of not well placed IMO.

#11221 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Lengthen and re-route the wire so it's not an issue, the factory wiring is kind of not well placed IMO.

I just went the easy route and repaired it with a solder seal wire connector. When I get some free time I think I will rewire them with new longer and better wiring.

#11222 2 years ago

Lior beasts are in and ready for battle! If I’m being honest, I prefer the larger proportion of the originals, but these replacements are very nice.

0D2CE1FC-A805-4E3E-B7AA-ADECF0404FE5 (resized).jpeg0D2CE1FC-A805-4E3E-B7AA-ADECF0404FE5 (resized).jpeg1F46757A-94BC-4042-BDB9-7846E3B7338B (resized).jpeg1F46757A-94BC-4042-BDB9-7846E3B7338B (resized).jpeg7619D7D9-7CD5-4801-9F6E-BD7993472C1F (resized).jpeg7619D7D9-7CD5-4801-9F6E-BD7993472C1F (resized).jpeg8B1B06FD-CE73-4501-B5A2-814C4399FBDB (resized).jpeg8B1B06FD-CE73-4501-B5A2-814C4399FBDB (resized).jpegA9405738-68DA-4FE2-905F-8D4B16574A31 (resized).jpegA9405738-68DA-4FE2-905F-8D4B16574A31 (resized).jpegAFDC311E-4BF4-48CF-91DB-09E811B1A72F (resized).jpegAFDC311E-4BF4-48CF-91DB-09E811B1A72F (resized).jpegD1C0E68B-0D30-42EE-A5EF-D55BE7E2014E (resized).jpegD1C0E68B-0D30-42EE-A5EF-D55BE7E2014E (resized).jpegE9584306-AC45-49BC-9616-5A278955B8E1 (resized).jpegE9584306-AC45-49BC-9616-5A278955B8E1 (resized).jpeg

#11223 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Lior beasts are in and ready for battle! If I’m being honest, I prefer the larger proportion of the originals, but these replacements are very nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They are awesome. I am very pleased with mine. I think the size is perfect. The originals were a tad too big in my opinion.

#11224 2 years ago

Ha, yes. I just played a few warm up games after installing the new beast heads and then went on a tear the third game and defeated Smaug, reached level 3 Into the Fire, level 3 Barrel Escape and put up a score of 2.8M plus Feast Frenzy Champ and a few other champs. Hadn’t played Hobbit in at least a year, this game is so immersive and amazing. It’s never going anywhere! My arms and wrists hurt, Hobbit is such a workout.

#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look badass! It's a shame they're usually hidden below the playfield

#11226 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

They look badass! It's a shame they're usually hidden below the playfield

First I seen these, must have in my opinion.

#11227 2 years ago

For those Hobbit fans who use Scorbit, we're pleased to announce that Scorbit v1.2 is here, with some major changes to challenges and playing flow.

Check out the details in the Scorbit thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/11#post-6788938

#11228 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Very nice indeed! I'm digging my Hobbit's new beasts!

Compared to Lior's mods, the original beasts look like gumball machine prizes.

#11229 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

but I am wondering if I can get a more durable wire to replace it with - a stronger tougher one.
Anyone have any suggestions on a better (higher quality) wire that I should use?

lamp cord , that yellow transparent wire they use on lamps, i used that on my star wars ( atari arcade) and my T2 (midway arcade) as the controls take a beating and kept breaking, no problem since.

1 week later
#11230 2 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “The Hobbit Green Plastic Protectors and Thorin Oakenshield Key. All in very good condition. The 4-piece Protectors are in great shape with no visible scratches and the key looks ...”
2022-03-07
Vienna, VA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 46 times

1 week later
#11231 2 years ago

In case anyone was looking for a full set of NOS RAD CALs for Hobbit Black Arrow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/131817

1 week later
#11232 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

400$ for the 4 beast targets (not knocking the price but....) so you can beat the crap out of them with a steel ball!! LOL

#11233 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

400$ for the 4 beast targets (not knocking the price but....) so you can beat the crap out of them with a steel ball!! LOL

They are REALLY nice, true art and look AMAZING!

Still, I bought 2 spare sets of the originals at the last JJP clearance sale for $25/set instead...

I just couldnt bear to beat them all up in my game. They are too nice.

#11234 2 years ago

I love the lior beasts and glad I have them in my game. The price is worth the craftsmanship and quality. The hobbit is already gorgeous and this just adds to an amazing looking game. No regrets

#11235 2 years ago

So I'm going to replace my main hobbit ramp in the middle(or just replace the flaps as they are badly warped). Figured either way it has to come off. Any advice or guides on how to remove that beast??

#11236 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So I'm going to replace my main hobbit ramp in the middle(or just replace the flaps as they are badly warped). Figured either way it has to come off. Any advice or guides on how to remove that beast??

It’s a bit of a project, but not too difficult. For me, the main issue was removing the optos as they are held in with plastic clips that can break. Go slow and remove them carefully and you’ll be fine. The rest is just some screws to get the ramp assembly out.

#11237 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If you have an early build with the silver flaps you should be able to get the newer flaps from JJP without cost, just FYI. The newer flaps are darker and less prone to bending / airballs is my understanding.

#11238 2 years ago

If you have an early build with the silver flaps you should be able to get the newer flaps from JJP without cost, just FYI. The newer flaps are darker and less prone to bending / airballs is my understanding.

Ya I got the flaps on the way(cause yes it has the old ones) but I don't trust myself riveting. In either case I got a new ramp assembly just in case cause it already has the flaps attached. Either way I have to take it out so I'll be prepared! So I can try my hand at the rivets and if I fail have a good backup.

Quoted from Lermods:

It’s a bit of a project, but not too difficult. For me, the main issue was removing the optos as they are held in with plastic clips that can break. Go slow and remove them carefully and you’ll be fine. The rest is just some screws to get the ramp assembly out.

Yuck, that sounds crappy. Are these plastic clips for sale anywhere, I always anticipate things not going as planned so rather have the parts handy just in case.

#11239 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya I got the flaps on the way(cause yes it has the old ones) but I don't trust myself riveting. In either case I got a new ramp assembly just in case cause it already has the flaps attached. Either way I have to take it out so I'll be prepared! So I can try my hand at the rivets and if I fail have a good backup.

Yuck, that sounds crappy. Are these plastic clips for sale anywhere, I always anticipate things not going as planned so rather have the parts handy just in case.

Not sure if the sell just the holder, might need the opto assembly. It’s been several years since I did it.

#11240 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

well the thing about riveting is if you mess it up you just drill it out and try again.......you will figure it out!

#11241 2 years ago

Hey anyone using Scorbit on Hobbit? If so feel free to add me for challenges - HornerSyndrome also does anyone know how to know which people on Scorbit have which games? I have a GNR also so it would be nice to know who you can challenge and who doesn’t even have a game to try

#11242 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

[quoted image]

When the Hobbit LE was first released (5 yrs ago), one of the major problems was the lead wires of the beast mechanisms were getting amputated. I checked mine & sure enough, the wire insulation was getting indented. It would be only a matter of time & they would be amputated. In the early posts of the Hobbit Owners Thread, LTG (or another pinsider) remedied the situation with insertion of a 3/4" or 1/2" metal washer to protect/move the wire leads out of the way. I suggest review of the early Hobbit Owners Thread posts or contact LTG (if he still reeling to respond)

#11243 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

or contact LTG (if he still reeling to respond)

Sorry. No. Not on jjp issues.

LTG : )

#11244 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry. No. Not on jjp issues.
LTG : )

LTG: Sorry you have left input of your expertise on LE Hobbit issues on the Hobbit Owners Thread. Your IMMEDIATE response to the many issues/problems of the initial release of the LE Hobbit were invaluable: Immediate, informative diagnoses with definitive photos. I & other pinsiders thank you. Your immediate input was better than using the $125 owners manual.

Note: I used the word "reeling" in my recent post. The correct word is "willing." Do to LONG COVID & Jack Daniel's, it was my subconscious wish to "reel" you back into our Hobbit Owners Thread.

#11245 2 years ago

I own two Hobbit’s. I will not be buying or supporting JJP going forward as I don’t like the direction the company has taken! And the treatment of its loyal employee's.
LTG you are awesome!
freddy

#11246 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Oh yeah! From SC to MO and back!
[quoted image]

Sometimes that's what it takes haha . We're all nuts aren't we! Doing an easy 7 hour round trip mid month to grab mine.

#11247 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No need to remove the optos from ramp Just unplug them from under playfield and pull them out attached to ramp.

#11248 2 years ago

Got the lights hooked up on my topper. Put one of the sound reactive boxes on it which adds some wildness when the mutiballs go wild hahaha.

20220405_171337 (resized).jpg20220405_171337 (resized).jpg
#11249 2 years ago

Any thoughts on Side Blades for Hobbit? I have the Black Arrow edition and am taking the playfield out. This is the time to install some side blades. I am thinking about mirrored blades? I saw some cool ones that look like a map heading to Erabor too. I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has installed blades and what you think of them. Thanks!

#11250 2 years ago

Pretty sure it’s a tight fit which often results in damage when pf is lifted. That’s why I didn’t do it any way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/225?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.