IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 260.
#11101 2 years ago

Anyone purchase and install this Gandalf figure...

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-hobbit-pinball-illuminated-gandalf-with-staff

Just wondering because I get a lot of airballs on this pin. Thinking the Gandalf toy will end up breaking easily because of that?

#11102 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Anyone purchase and install this Gandalf figure...
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/the-hobbit-pinball-illuminated-gandalf-with-staff
Just wondering because I get a lot of airballs on this pin. Thinking the Gandalf toy will end up breaking easily because of that?

I don’t have ton of air balls but I’ve had G for a year and still looks fine- but the light doesn’t work on staff anymore. I didn’t really investigate deeply but may have been from an air ball hit. I still like way it looks without light

#11103 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I don’t have ton of air balls but I’ve had G for a year and still looks fine- but the light doesn’t work on staff anymore. I didn’t really investigate deeply but may have been from an air ball hit. I still like way it looks without light

Thanks. Wondering how strong his arm and staff really are, if he can handle taking some hits from airballs. I mean, he is Gandalf after all so he could use his magic to deflect them.

#11104 2 years ago

My Gandalf has held up well. If you’re getting air balls at the ramp entrances make sure you have the updated ramp flaps if you have an early build. Also make sure all ramp connections are tightened down (check this on all games periodically I have found out). If the beasts are causing air balls you should definitely fix that and get them dialed in better……your game will thank you!

#11105 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

My Gandalf has held up well. If you’re getting air balls at the ramp entrances make sure you have the updated ramp flaps if you have an early build. Also make sure all ramp connections are tightened down (check this on all games periodically I have found out). If the beasts are causing air balls you should definitely fix that and get them dialed in better……your game will thank you!

What's considered an early build on this game? Mine has a manufacturing date of 7/22/2016. Here is a pic of my ramp flaps. I took the pic with the glass on so it's not as clear.

20211229_133728 (resized).jpg20211229_133728 (resized).jpg
#11106 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

What's considered an early build on this game? Mine has a manufacturing date of 7/22/2016. Here is a pic of my ramp flaps. I took the pic with the glass on so it's not as clear.[quoted image]

Those appear to be the revised flaps, the originals were the same color as the ramps. you can call JJP and verify with your SN if you want to. Also there was a wireframe change on the left side to ask about. It’s covered in this thread previously……I was oblivious when I got mine early 2021 that these were things to look for and mine needed both updated.

#11107 2 years ago

ABS arrived, still dialing in the printer with that filament but the part fits fine. Nice and snug!

0871ACD6-956A-4509-A5A5-0C7D675E449A (resized).jpeg0871ACD6-956A-4509-A5A5-0C7D675E449A (resized).jpeg6384DB43-12FA-4ABC-91E2-687BC16DB88E (resized).jpeg6384DB43-12FA-4ABC-91E2-687BC16DB88E (resized).jpeg8ABB94EC-F5AA-4150-A31E-BE1079D8751A (resized).jpeg8ABB94EC-F5AA-4150-A31E-BE1079D8751A (resized).jpeg9465B337-54D7-4369-9927-B70666910091 (resized).jpeg9465B337-54D7-4369-9927-B70666910091 (resized).jpeg
#11108 2 years ago

ABS arrived, still dialing in the printer with that filament but the part fits fine. Nice and snug!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look perfect!

If they are shatter-proof Im in for 4 pieces!

#11109 2 years ago

Besides Hobbit. This part will work on Medieval Madness pop up troll targets too.

LTG : )

#11110 2 years ago

I'll take 6

#11111 2 years ago

If your selling interested for two hobbits.
What is selling price? Thanks freddy

#11112 2 years ago

That looks great, I would likely take 4 if you are selling them.

#11113 2 years ago

Same here. 4 episode be great and any chance you are listing the file to 3D print?

#11114 2 years ago

Add me for 4 if selling.

Thank you.

#11115 2 years ago

Appreciate the interest, I will figure out how to make these available in the next couple days and will post a .stl file on thingiverse for public sharing. Definitely feels more durable than what is in the mechs from the factory, time will tell how these hold up to use long term but ABS should be Ok from everything I’ve read. I struggle to see how they get broken unless something is loose in the mechanism.

#11116 2 years ago

I struggle to see how they get broken unless something is loose in the mechanism.

Don't crank the locknut too tight. Lightly snug is enough.

Too tight it cracks.

LTG : )

#11117 2 years ago

I’ll take 4 just to have for sure

#11118 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’ll take 4 just to have for sure

Same

#11119 2 years ago

I'd take 4 also. Thanks for doing this.

#11120 2 years ago

Appreciate the interest, I will figure out how to make these available in the next couple days and will post a .stl file on thingiverse for public sharing. Definitely feels more durable than what is in the mechs from the factory, time will tell how these hold up to use long term but ABS should be Ok from everything I’ve read. I struggle to see how they get broken unless something is loose in the mechanism.

Thank you for your hard work on this! Making the .stl available is super awesome. Gives me another reason to buy a 3D printer again

#11121 2 years ago

Has any Pinsider received The Little Shop Of Games sculpted pop up Beast Heads?

#11122 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

No, but they should be shipping to LSOG very soon at which point they will start shipping them to customers.

#11123 2 years ago

I don't have a 3d printer; I'll take 6 (need some extras just in case)

#11124 2 years ago

I'm in for some too!

#11125 2 years ago

I’m in for 4

#11126 2 years ago

I would be in for 6 and this have a couple extra on hand.

#11127 2 years ago

Is there an open USB port in the back box to tap into to add some LED tape strips around the back box to light it up better?

#11128 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

No, it’s taking forever. Hopefully, not too much longer. They look so sweet

#11129 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Is there an open USB port in the back box to tap into to add some LED tape strips around the back box to light it up better?

When I did my backbox, I brought up 12V from the auxiliary port to the left of the big metal electronics enclosure under the playfield. I don’t think there’s USB up there. I used dimmers to keep the intensity down - strip lights at 100% are really too bright around the edges and wash out the colors IMHO. Good luck!

083DAE67-1899-4C43-93CE-B80ED963B2AB (resized).jpeg083DAE67-1899-4C43-93CE-B80ED963B2AB (resized).jpeg
#11130 2 years ago

Bracket update: will finalize the pinside shop set up this weekend, received my padded mailers yesterday and will be checking things through the local PO to make sure the pricing and packaging is all good for their requirements. These are really tough with ABS 100% infill, I reworked the model a couple times and got a final result that I cannot break squeezing with my fingers, it does flex but won’t break. Hopefully this is a good sign for long term durability!

Also if anyone wants the .STL just send me your email via PM.

CC4838B6-282A-4D0B-AB7E-31D8067E2278 (resized).jpegCC4838B6-282A-4D0B-AB7E-31D8067E2278 (resized).jpeg

#11131 2 years ago

Bracket update: will finalize the pinside shop set up this weekend, received my padded mailers yesterday and will be checking things through the local PO to make sure the pricing and packaging is all good for their requirements. These are really tough with ABS 100% infill, I reworked the model a couple times and got a final result that I cannot break squeezing with my fingers, it does flex but won’t break. Hopefully this is a good sign for long term durability!
Also if anyone wants the .STL just send me your email via PM.
[quoted image]

Well done!

I have a few extra from when I got 4 from JJP - but I will probably grab 4 of yours to have as backup (or heck maybe even replace the original ones when I swap out the new beasts from Lior). That way both the brackets and the beasts will be more durable - and attractive

#11132 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Well done!
I have a few extra from when I got 4 from JJP - but I will probably grab 4 of yours to have as backup (or heck maybe even replace the original ones when I swap out the new beasts from Lior). That way both the brackets and the beasts will be more durable - and attractive

Thanks! I am also waiting on the Lior package to land and am taking the same approach…..I did replace my goblin with a JJP replacement since I had it out for this and it was damaged. Always something with this machine but I still love it!

#11133 2 years ago

Hey everyone, just busted my Hobbit out of storage and have to do a software update from 1.9 to 3.12. I've downloaded and followed the instructions and the machine is reading the stick (you can see the stick LED flashing) but then ignores and boots from the SSD. It looks like the auto-start sequence from the ISO isn't working. Anyone else had this issue?

#11134 2 years ago

One of my beast heads does not pop up all the way compared to the other three (about 2/3 rds up). It does not hit the playfield. There is no interference with manual manipulation. It's high enough to continue with game play but I just want it up as high as the other three.

#11135 2 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

One of my beast heads does not pop up all the way compared to the other three (about 2/3 rds up). It does not hit the playfield. There is no interference with manual manipulation. It's high enough to continue with game play but I just want it up as high as the other three.

I had a similar issue that was resolved by adjusting the threaded stop on the bottom of the mech a little higher and it stopped binding up on the activation-

#11136 2 years ago

I'm in for 4 as well.

#11137 2 years ago

Pinside shop is open for the beast brackets and also another item I designed to reduce target airballs on my AIQ game that is free shipping if combined with the bracket. The brackets have to go at US package rate based on the size/shape and that includes tracking. Shipping to the domestic US at this time only (sorry all) but the .STL file is on thingiverse and tinkercad for public use and I will be looking into international options that are a little easier to manage than the Pinside / Stripe solution. I do appreciate the interest!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-hippies-haven

IMG_7375 (resized).jpgIMG_7375 (resized).jpg
#11138 2 years ago

Pinside shop is open for the beast brackets and also another item I designed to reduce target airballs on my AIQ game that is free shipping if combined with the bracket. The brackets have to go at US package rate based on the size/shape and that includes tracking. Shipping to the domestic US at this time only (sorry all) but the .STL file is on thingiverse and tinkercad for public use and I will be looking into international options that are a little easier to manage than the Pinside / Stripe solution. I do appreciate the interest!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-hippies-haven[quoted image]

Ordered. Thanks for doing this!

#11139 2 years ago

Ordered!

Thanks for doing this!

#11140 2 years ago

Ordered 4 - thanks!

#11141 2 years ago

Ordered 4 as well.
Thanks for doing this!

#11142 2 years ago

Just got my beast brackets from Plugerboy! Super fast - Thanks! I haven’t changed out anything on my beasts before - anyone have pointers on the best / easiest way to remove the mech so I can install these? Is there a way to just remove the beast portion without removing the entire mech? Or anything I need to watch out for while removing them as there are lots of wires all over? Thanks!

#11143 2 years ago

Just got my beast brackets from Plugerboy! Super fast - Thanks! I haven’t changed out anything on my beasts before - anyone have pointers on the best / easiest way to remove the mech so I can install these? Is there a way to just remove the beast portion without removing the entire mech? Or anything I need to watch out for while removing them as there are lots of wires all over? Thanks!

I replaced a broken beast without removing the mech and it did not go smoothly...

#11144 2 years ago

Honestly, you should email JJP support. Let them know that typically Lloyd would answer these questions but since they let him go I guess it's their job... Other option, search this forum. LTG used to answer beast question every other month or so for the past few years.

#11145 2 years ago

Remove the stop nut, unplug the wires, push it out from the top.

Leave the lower carriage in the game, just remove the moving beast part.

Its pretty easy.

#11146 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Remove the stop nut, unplug the wires, push it out from the top.
Leave the lower carriage in the game, just remove the moving beast part.
Its pretty easy.

This is one way, depending on the condition of your game I might recommend a full removal from the bottom and check all the switches and wires. These things take a beating and mine all had ‘something’ that needed fixed the first time I serviced them.

#11147 2 years ago

This is one way, depending on the condition of your game I might recommend a full removal from the bottom and check all the switches and wires. These things take a beating and mine all had ‘something’ that needed fixed the first time I serviced them.

Unless I am missing something the flap door on the playfield side must be removed to remove the assembly below, correct?

#11148 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Unless I am missing something the flap door on the playfield side must be removed to remove the assembly below, correct?

Yes pull the top flap off so you can easily unscrew and remove the mech. There are two pins underneath that hold the flap on you remove. IIRC they are cotter pins.

Lift the top flap off but make sure not to drop the small springs that are between the flap and the top of the mech. Then you just disconnect the connectors and remove the mech. I can take a picture later if you don’t receive a reply from anyone else.

#11149 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Yes pull the top flap off so you can easily unscrew and remove the mech. There are two pins underneath that hold the flap on you remove. IIRC they are cotter pins.
Lift the top flap off but make sure not to drop the small springs that are between the flap and the top of the mech. Then you just disconnect the connectors and remove the mech. I can take a picture later if you don’t receive a reply from anyone else.

No need for pictures. Thanks for the confirmation and instructions. Looking forward to the Lior mods, but not removing them all, but it’s for a good cause

#11150 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No need for pictures. Thanks for the confirmation and instructions. Looking forward to the Lior mods, but not removing them all, but it’s for a good cause

Cool. It makes sense once you look at it. For the heck of it, here is the picture that is in the manual. You are removing the hairpin clip (18) which makes the compression springs (15) drop.

HobbitBeastClip (resized).jpgHobbitBeastClip (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/223?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.