20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 260.
#11051 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Are these plastic screws just to adjust the height of the drop targets? A couple fell out on them and I put them back.

Loosen the nut, adjust the height with the screw and then tighten the nut.

LTG : )

#11052 2 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

You need to power the servo before you install the servo horn. Then you know you are at the zero position. From there you can calibrate via the endpoint settings.

You don’t have to power the servo to set its center. You can set the center position by manually turning the servo with a hat attached. The replacement servos come with one you can use for this purpose.

#11053 2 years ago

Would love to see some pics of art blades and mirror blades people have installed on the Hobbit. Trying to decide what to go with.

#11054 2 years ago

Would love to see some pics of art blades and mirror blades people have installed on the Hobbit.

Near the top of this thread is a gallery. Lots of pictures in it.

#11055 2 years ago

Hey LTG,

I found this in the cab. Would I order this part from JJP? Do you know the part # or what it is called? I saw in other posts it comes from one of the beast mechs. Thanks.

hobbit3 (resized).jpghobbit3 (resized).jpg
#11056 2 years ago

Hey LTG,
I found this in the cab. Would I order this part from JJP? Do you know the part # or what it is called? I saw in other posts it comes from one of the beast mechs. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Almost looks like it could be something like this...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9808

#11057 2 years ago

I found this in the cab. Would I order this part from JJP?

You can check with Nate if they have it.

Do you know the part # or what it is called? I saw in other posts it comes from one of the beast mechs.

It's this.

Not sure where the screw came from. A locknut secures the target guide in place.

#11058 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not sure where the screw came from.

If it's long enough, maybe from one of the brackets on either side of the underside of the playfield with the rod sticking out that locks the playfield to lift up and lean back.

#11059 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's long enough, maybe from one of the brackets on either side of the underside of the playfield with the rod sticking out that locks the playfield to lift up and lean back.

I'll keep looking. I had the playfield up and I was looking all over for a screw that was missing somewhere and I couldn't see any. So it is that exact part from MM then. It said out of stock on marco. There must be another half to it somewhere in the cab then, hopefully I can still order some more of them from JJP, I'll check with them.

#11060 2 years ago

No stock at JJP or Marco for this...

If anyone has one to sell let me know. Thanks.

#11061 2 years ago

No stock at JJP or Marco for this...
If anyone has one to sell let me know. Thanks.

Funny / not funny - I just found this piece broken off in my cab as well. Where on the beasts does it go and do you need to remove the whole mech to replace it? Thanks!

#11062 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Where on the beasts does it go

Yellow arrows on picture point to it.

This is a broken Medieval Madness assembly and the locknut is missing. But you can see where it goes. Same set up.

trollbolt (resized).jpgtrollbolt (resized).jpg
#11063 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! Helpful as always! Have a Merry Christmas!

#11064 2 years ago

Have a Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas my friend !

#11065 2 years ago

I contacted Marco. They said they are having a hard time getting this piece in. I checked pbresource and planetary pinball and they are out of stock also.

#11066 2 years ago

I contacted Marco. They said they are having a hard time getting this piece in. I checked pbresource and planetary pinball and they are out of stock also.

Has anyone 3D printed this part yet? I can give it a go soon if not, but if someone has already done the model and had a file to share I’m happy to print and mail for others.

#11067 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Has anyone 3D printed this part yet? I can give it a go soon if not, but if someone has already done the model and had a file to share I’m happy to print and mail for others.

That would be awesome!

#11068 2 years ago

I looked through every post of the 40 pages on thingverse with “pinball” and couldn’t find this piece unfortunately. But if there is a way to print one I’d be forever grateful as well!

#11069 2 years ago

I looked through every post of the 40 pages on thingverse with “pinball” and couldn’t find this piece unfortunately. But if there is a way to print one I’d be forever grateful as well!

I’m not sure I have one in my game that’s still intact. If someone has the part (preferably new as a spare) and some digital calipers to measure it I can give it a shot.

#11070 2 years ago

I’m not sure I have one in my game that’s still intact. If someone has the part (preferably new as a spare) and some digital calipers to measure it I can give it a shot.

I have 3-4 spares. I can post some measurements (with pics)

#11071 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

IMG-4092 (resized).jpgIMG-4092 (resized).jpgIMG-4091 (resized).jpgIMG-4091 (resized).jpgIMG-4090 (resized).jpgIMG-4090 (resized).jpgIMG-4089 (resized).jpgIMG-4089 (resized).jpgIMG-4088 (resized).jpgIMG-4088 (resized).jpgIMG-4087 (resized).jpgIMG-4087 (resized).jpgIMG-4086 (resized).jpgIMG-4086 (resized).jpg

#11072 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Often out of stock at the parts places. Used on Hobbit and Medieval Madness to keep the switch stack straight up.

#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Often out of stock at the parts places. Used on Hobbit and Medieval Madness to keep the switch stack straight up.

They are definitely hard to find. I had one break years ago so and at the time I wanted to buy a number of spares for all of my beasts. Apparently I could only find 4 at the time so I have only 3 spares left

I think printing this part is the perfect use case for a 3D printer. The design is simple and it could be printed with ABS plastic.

#11074 2 years ago

I'd be interested in some of those plastic pieces. I found at least two in my cabinet and had no idea what they were from. My beasts work but I imagine it is only a matter of time.

#11075 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

They are definitely hard to find. I had one break years ago so and at the time I wanted to buy a number of spares for all of my beasts. Apparently I could only find 4 at the time so I have only 3 spares left
I think printing this part is the perfect use case for a 3D printer. The design is simple and it could be printed with ABS plastic.

The part should have been made in Delrin or Nylon instead of brittle acrylic or whatever cheap plastic they used.

#11076 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The part should have been made in Delrin or Nylon instead of brittle acrylic or whatever cheap plastic they used.

Just copied over from the old Williams days.

#11077 2 years ago

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4989264

I found this on thingverse. It’s labeled as “pinball target support”. I’m not sure if this would work but it’s close. Unsure about measurements but it would at least give you a start. I’m hoping this is the one for MM and it’s the same size. Thanks for doing this!

#11078 2 years ago

I guess it’s for Alien pinball but seems similar. Discription below

This is a target support specifically made for the weapons targets on Pinball Brothers Alien pinball machine. It fits over the front of the target body and fills the space in the playfield when installed. It will prevent the targets from moving out of alignment when struck on the side. it may work on other machines .

45529D7D-6557-4553-B308-73C61CA8B168 (resized).png45529D7D-6557-4553-B308-73C61CA8B168 (resized).png6A4A30D3-859D-4088-B2A0-223C3152D5DC (resized).png6A4A30D3-859D-4088-B2A0-223C3152D5DC (resized).png
#11079 2 years ago

Shooter rod

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Excellent condition and looks like it has never been used. Rare and hasn't been made in years and never will again. This is the nicest shooter rod for Lord of the Rings or the Hob...”
2021-12-24
Harpers Ferry, WV
200 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 35 times

#11080 2 years ago

Would love to see some pics of art blades and mirror blades people have installed on the Hobbit. Trying to decide what to go with.

Sorry for the glare. These were the best matching blades I found and are pretty much a perfect match to the factory art. I think these were from pingraffix, but can’t remember for sure.

89EBA626-10EF-4944-B1F1-B1A5FFE70F0C (resized).jpeg89EBA626-10EF-4944-B1F1-B1A5FFE70F0C (resized).jpegBC48705E-DF08-485E-9331-C87E629A0560 (resized).jpegBC48705E-DF08-485E-9331-C87E629A0560 (resized).jpegC6108AE7-F6AE-4FF7-A91C-3E08253B3F22 (resized).jpegC6108AE7-F6AE-4FF7-A91C-3E08253B3F22 (resized).jpegEB861A05-D5D2-4952-8553-88E806C25F25 (resized).jpegEB861A05-D5D2-4952-8553-88E806C25F25 (resized).jpeg
#11081 2 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm still suffering from a load of interference noise from all speakers on my game... whining, whizzing, squealing, fizzing, crackling etc... it seems like the earth shields of the speaker cables are simply not earthed... if I were to simply connect the earth shield to an earth in the game (like an earth strap for example), would that be a stupid thing to do? I.e. would it cause some sort if short that would damage the sound board, or is it a possible safe solution? Not sure how earth shields are wired up...

Even in attract mode it's doing it.

Thanks for any advice!!

#11082 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Merry Christmas everyone!
I'm still suffering from a load of interference noise from all speakers on my game... whining, whizzing, squealing, fizzing, crackling etc... it seems like the earth shields of the speaker cables are simply not earthed... if I were to simply connect the earth shield to an earth in the game (like an earth strap for example), would that be a stupid thing to do? I.e. would it cause some sort if short that would damage the sound board, or is it a possible safe solution? Not sure how earth shields are wired up...
Even in attract mode it's doing it.
Thanks for any advice!!

Bypass the ground loop isolator (odd little black box that the speaker wire is plugged into) and plug the speaker wire directly into the green hole in the back of the computer.

Ground loop isolators go bad or dont work right and cause all sorts of noise.

If that helps, buy a new one.

#11083 2 years ago

Bypass the ground loop isolator (odd little black box that the speaker wire is plugged into) and plug the speaker wire directly into the green hole in the back of the computer.

Thanks for the tip! I'm not with the game right now, but will see if this works (and if I understand your description) when I'm back with the game in early Jan.

Thanks again!

#11084 2 years ago

I did take a photo of the 'sound board' in my game before I left home in case it was useful in helping understand this problem, see below...

Is the ground loop isolator, speaker wire or green hole shown in this pic, or do I need to look somewhere else for these things?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20211225-195457_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211225-195457_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#11085 2 years ago

Is the ground loop isolator, speaker wire or green hole shown in this pic,

D-102 in the manual has the green going to the sound amplifier board.

Follow the wire from the ground loop isolator. It's a small black plastic box with a cable sticking out of each end.

#11086 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the wire from the ground loop isolator. It's a small black plastic box with a cable sticking out of each end.

Its not in the computer box, Its behind it sitting on the floor of the cabinet.

Has a wire coming out of it on both ends.

#11087 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Its not in the computer box, Its behind it sitting on the floor of the cabinet.

Has a wire coming out of it on both ends.

Thanks for your help!

I'll look in the game when I'm back with it... So of the 6 cables in the pic I posted, is it one of those that should eventually be connected to the ground loop isolator?

#11088 2 years ago

ground loop isolator?

Look around inside the metal box with the boards and along the back wall of the cabinet. There might be two.

It's the only thing like it in there. Small black rectangular plastic box with a cable coming out of each end.

#11089 2 years ago

Hi, i'm fixing a few problems on a Hobbit right now. Most of them are sorted out, but there is 1 "problem" i can't figure out.
De stepper motor of the Smaug head is extremly hot. You can't put a finger on it. The head is moving freely from left to right in test menu.
What causes the heat? I don't think this heat is normal?

Greetz Dennis

#11090 2 years ago
Quoted from Denden1978:

What causes the heat?

Short in the motor windings ?

#11091 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Short in the motor windings ?

Then it wouldn't turn left and right i suppose? That is working flawless without any hesitation

#11092 2 years ago
Quoted from Denden1978:

Hi, i'm fixing a few problems on a Hobbit right now. Most of them are sorted out, but there is 1 "problem" i can't figure out.
De stepper motor of the Smaug head is extremly hot. You can't put a finger on it. The head is moving freely from left to right in test menu.
What causes the heat? I don't think this heat is normal?
Greetz Dennis

Mine works fine, but has always been very hot.

#11093 2 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the measurements! Prototype done, ABS filament ordered. Will check for fit on my hobbit Friday, work stuff keeping me busy this week.

0F528B3A-4913-42F8-AAB1-3836B9AC645B (resized).jpeg0F528B3A-4913-42F8-AAB1-3836B9AC645B (resized).jpegB29702E0-ECA5-47F8-BF93-C4F8FA175B19 (resized).jpegB29702E0-ECA5-47F8-BF93-C4F8FA175B19 (resized).jpegC80EF47E-972D-4127-A2E2-A2FB2D930DE3 (resized).jpegC80EF47E-972D-4127-A2E2-A2FB2D930DE3 (resized).jpeg
#11094 2 years ago

Thanks for the measurements! Prototype done, ABS filament ordered. Will check for fit on my hobbit Friday, work stuff keeping me busy this week.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks perfect!

#11095 2 years ago

I've only had my Smaug a few months and a consistent issue I seem to be having - left ramp shot returns ball to right inlane but almost half the time it bounces to outlane. Wondering how common this is and if anyone may have invented a fix?

#11096 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wondering how common this is and if anyone may have invented a fix?

Lower the flipper strength. Make sure it isn't bent. Maybe raise it a little to slow the ball down. Things like that.

#11097 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I've only had my Smaug a few months and a consistent issue I seem to be having - left ramp shot returns ball to right inlane but almost half the time it bounces to outlane. Wondering how common this is and if anyone may have invented a fix?

Bending the end of the wire form to close the gap in the upper and lower wires helps, you can adjust the wire a bit side to side also. Just mess with it some and it should settle into a better spot with some patience. Mine did that when I got it a bunch, but it can be fixed.

#11098 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

If the ball is spinning up and out of the lane, bend both the lower and upper end loops of the wireform ramp, up (away from the playfield, towards the ceiling) about 1/4".

This changes the trajectory of the ball as it drops into the lane and eliminates the spin out.

Just stick a 1/2" nut driver in the loop and bend it up a bit.

#11099 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good! Thanks for trying this out!

#11100 2 years ago

Loving this Hobbit! Just hooked up an external sub, it's booming now! Can't stop playing...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/222?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.