IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 260.
#10951 2 years ago

Can I use an ethernet cable? My WIFI won't be picked up very good where hobbit is located.

#10952 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Can I use an ethernet cable? My WIFI won't be picked up very good where hobbit is located.

You can if you buy an adapter... but a 2.4 signal should go through walls/floors pretty well. You also don't need a super fast connection...

#10953 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes. You can route an ethernet cable into the cabinet and use that if you like.

#10954 2 years ago

And Scorbit is activated!!! But... family is asleep, will try it tomorrow with scorbit when I should be working

#10955 2 years ago

Can you plug the dongle into the usb cord by the coin box?

#10956 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Yes

#10957 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Yes. Get a USB hub and plug the WiFi dongle into it and the Bluetooth into it too, if you want to add the Bluetooth one. Then plug the hub into the USB cable by the cashbox.

LTG : )

#10958 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Get a USB hub and plug the WiFi dongle into it and the Bluetooth into it too, if you want to add the Bluetooth one. Then plug the hub into the USB cable by the cashbox.

Here are the three things I use.

WiFi :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter <https://www.microcenter.com/product/604932/tp-link-archer-t2u-nano-ac600-nano-wireless-usb-adapter>

Bluetooth :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/asus-usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter <https://www.microcenter.com/product/426849/asus-usb-bt400-usb-20-bluetooth-40-adapter>

USB Hub :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black <https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black>

#10959 2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks guys

#10960 2 years ago

Ok, snuck in a quick game on the update. Scorbit integration is really cool! Achievements pop up on the screen as you're playing, and are also tracked in the Scorbit app. Yep, achievements are live if you take the beta update!!!! This game just gets better and better...

#10961 2 years ago

Scorbit hobbit achievements are live!!!!!

Screenshot_20211116-091619_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-091619_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#10962 2 years ago

Do the achievements tell you what you need to do to unlock them?

#10963 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Do the achievements tell you what you need to do to unlock them?

I don't see a list of achievements to earn, but I do see additional ones in the same group. So I used the gollum save once (since scorbit), you can see the related achievements in the screenshot.

Screenshot_20211116-125649_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-125649_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#10964 2 years ago

I am trying to download the 3.11 to 3.12 code and I'm getting an error code on one browser and on Chrome it's not opening up the download. Anyone else experiencing this?

20211116_184133 (resized).jpg20211116_184133 (resized).jpg
#10965 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I am trying to download the 3.11 to 3.12 code and I'm getting an error code on one browser and on Chrome it's not opening up the download. Anyone else experiencing this?
[quoted image]

undo any virus scans and do it unsecurely.

#10966 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

undo any virus scans and do it unsecurely.

No no no.

Use a mirror.

#10967 2 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

No no no.
Use a mirror.

How do you use a mirror?

It's weird that all the other updates have worked fine. The EU version will let me download it but I figured that may mess with the us code.

#10968 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

The EU version will let me download it but I figured that may mess with the us code.

Nope. Same same. Just coming from a different source. Helps to have two in case you get a corrupt download from one.

#10969 2 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I don't see a list of achievements to earn, but I do see additional ones in the same group. So I used the gollum save once (since scorbit), you can see the related achievements in the screenshot.
[quoted image]

My wifi adapters arrived today.

I have a netgear extender in my gameroom 10 feet from my game.

I backed up my settings 3 times for insurance....

I installed the 3.12 update .iso from JJP.

I used rufus to burn it to my 16gb USB 2.0 supertalent flash drive.

The update installed flawlessly!

Installed the backup settings and had a fail on one of the backups.
Fortunately I made a couple more and saved them on my computer.

Second backup restoration was a SUCCESS!

Powered down the game, installed the wifi dongle in the end of the USB cable, as recommended above (thank you again for that link).

Rebooted the game and checked the service menu, wifi was seen and available,
I put in my wifi password and it WORKS PERFECTLY!

I installed the Scorbit app on my phone and sorted that out.

My game is now paired with Scorbit!

This was a lot of fun to do, Im not sure if I care that much about it, but I really wanted the new code.
Scorbit is a little funky as you have to set it up before starting a game each time. Ill see if I can get it to work.

Tons of new features from my 3.1 code to the 3.12.

Its like a new game!

#10970 2 years ago

Scorbit is a little funky as you have to set it up before starting a game each time.

You just gotta click the button that claims the game. Pro tip: Set your location as public but don't use your home address. That way it's easy for others to use when they visit-- my son couldn't use it until I made it public, then he could just pull it up. "Larson Family" is my home arcade if you want to see mine (cna we friend-up in Scorbit?)

Also, the all caps wifi password default threw me off for a bit. Why do they default it to caps?

#10971 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nope. Same same. Just coming from a different source. Helps to have two in case you get a corrupt download from one.

I tried to run the update. Went through the normal update process and when it asked me to take out the USB and power cycle it never worked again. When I turn it on the jjp screens come up like normal but then goes all black. Any ideas? Am I doing a full install now?

#10972 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

When I turn it on the jjp screens come up like normal

Motherboard turning on.

Quoted from wolv3:

Am I doing a full install now?

Yes.

#10973 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Motherboard turning on.

Yes.

Fack I knew I should have backed the game up. Guess it's got NIB plays when I fix it

#10974 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Fack I knew I should have backed the game up. Guess it's got NIB plays when I fix it

My advice is several backups.

I have had them fail to restore. You can test them right after you make them.

Just do a backup and then do a restore from backup from the same file/folder/drive.

If it fails to restore, either make a new backup or replace the USB cable.

I like the new USB 3.0 cables. They are much better quality than the old skinny USB 2.0 cables.

Get one thats 6 feet long if you can.

Maybe something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB3SEXTAA6-SuperSpeed-Extension-Cable/dp/B0037ECAQ8

The 10 foot ones are ok but a but maybe a bit long I think for this. Although I have my Pinsound dongle on a 10 foot USB 3.0 cable and it seems to work fine

#10975 2 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

You just gotta click the button that claims the game. Pro tip: Set your location as public but don't use your home address. That way it's easy for others to use when they visit-- my son couldn't use it until I made it public, then he could just pull it up. "Larson Family" is my home arcade if you want to see mine (cna we friend-up in Scorbit?)
Also, the all caps wifi password default threw me off for a bit. Why do they default it to caps?

I saw something about Bluetooth on the scorbit app.

Do I need bluetooth now on my Hobbit?

#10976 2 years ago

I saw something about Bluetooth on the scorbit app.
Do I need bluetooth now on my Hobbit?

Nope, only if you want bluetooth sound.

#10977 2 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

You can add players to a private location inside of the Scorbit app. Click on your profile icon in the top right of the app, click on "my venues", click on your venue, and click on "player access". The players that you add will then have the private venue appear in the app.

#10978 2 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

You can add players to a private location inside of the Scorbit app. Click on your profile icon in the top right of the app, click on "my venues", click on your venue, and click on "player access". The players that you add will then have the private venue appear in the app.

Seems liks a pain and less bragging rights than making it public.

#10979 2 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Seems liks a pain and less bragging rights than making it public.

Our intent for "private" is so people who want to keep the venue from showing up in other people's venue list as they surf around can hide it. It allows you to share scores and be part of leaderboards without having to expose your expensive JJP inventory to everyone as they walk by your home.

I keep mine public, because we don't share the street address. We keep that info secured on our end, so we can properly sort venues based on distance from you.

We also have the "Favorites" feature that allows you to tap the star next to a venue, and it will always put that venue on top (if you're within the distance radius set in the preferences).

Finally we have the home venue option to always open it in a venue of your choice.

#10980 2 years ago

Ok
So I’ve seen a lot of people talk about 30-45 minute games
I just had my first and it was awesome .
I understand you can separate the multiballs from stacking beast and Smaug
That doesn’t bother me but the extra balls wow…
I think I had like 4-5 extra balls before I got to 2
I get that’s the way you explore the game but was wondering how you can make this less frequent thing
I guess it’s not a big deal it didn’t take away from my enjoyment

I don’t even know how I was getting them I guess if I knew how I was triggering them over and over that would be great lol
First time playing barrel first time playing 5 armies
Those modes ate me up can’t wait to pay them again
I love having this pin

#10981 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Ok
So I’ve seen a lot of people talk about 30-45 minute games
I just had my first and it was awesome .
I understand you can separate the multiballs from stacking beast and Smaug
That doesn’t bother me but the extra balls wow…
I think I had like 4-5 extra balls before I got to 2
I get that’s the way you explore the game but was wondering how you can make this less frequent thing
I guess it’s not a big deal it didn’t take away from my enjoyment
I don’t even know how I was getting them I guess if I knew how I was triggering them over and over that would be great lol
First time playing barrel first time playing 5 armies
Those modes ate me up can’t wait to pay them again
I love having this pin

Did you factory reset the game when you got it? Step 1.......

#10982 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Did you factory reset the game when you got it? Step 1.......

No I did not

#10983 2 years ago

Do you have to set up the wifi dongle before putting it in the game? Hmm game doesn't seem to register it. I have this one https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PB1X4CN

#10984 2 years ago

That's the right dongle and there's no setup needed. Double check that it's actually inserting all the way - my factory USB extension cable, for instance, has the USB connector socket so far recessed that most USB sticks don't work because their housings are too big and interfere with insertion...

Quoted from wolv3:

Do you have to set up the wifi dongle before putting it in the game? Hmm game doesn't seem to register it. I have this one amazon.com link »

#10985 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

That's the right dongle and there's no setup needed. Double check that it's actually inserting all the way - my factory USB extension cable, for instance, has the USB connector socket so far recessed that most USB sticks don't work because their housings are too big and interfere with insertion...

It's glowing green and also pretty close to the wifi booster. I'm following the video that jjp posted to put gnr online

#10986 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

It's glowing green and also pretty close to the wifi booster. I'm following the video that jjp posted to put gnr online

How can you tell it’s not working?

#10987 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Did you read my post on it above?

I followed a specific sequence.

It went pretty smoothly.

After the update checked out, i powered down, installed the dongle and rebooted to load the embedded drivers.

Saw the wifi in the menu and rebooted again to embed the new hardware.

Everything went as planned.

#10988 2 years ago

Where do you go in the menu? I have 3.12 Gold and have turned the game on and off a bunch with the dongle in there.

#10989 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Where do you go in the menu? I have 3.12 Gold and have turned the game on and off a bunch with the dongle in there.

open coin door, press the enter button on the inside of the coin door.

Its pretty apparent in I think the utilities, like where the USB backup is, just above it.

Its not hidden at all, you have to give it your wifi password etc.

#10990 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Where do you go in the menu?

Utilities - Network Settings.

#10991 2 years ago

Nothing in network settings this new loading screen has been popping up on start up could this be the new drivers?

20211121_091308 (resized).jpg20211121_091308 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211121-091424_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211121-091424_Gallery (resized).jpg
#10992 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Nothing in network settings this new loading screen has been popping up on start up could this be the new drivers?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If your adapter isnt seen in network settings, try replacing the USB cable or plugging it directly into the rear of the computer.

#10993 2 years ago

Where's thae best place to see a list of modes and what you have to do to complete them?

Thanks!

#10994 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Where's thae best place to see a list of modes and what you have to do to complete them?
Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8A56XYts9n-qZBQUL4VW4c91AIzoUmk/view

#10995 2 years ago

Thanks a lot! Printed off for some bedtime reading!

#10996 2 years ago

I'm curious about the LCD screen mod at the apron. To those who have installed the small screen near the flippers that split off from the book video, do you find it to be a worthwhile mod? I'm assuming it makes it easier to see your next shot in modes you aren't familiar with but is it distracting? Does it take away from the immersion?

#10997 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm curious about the LCD screen mod at the apron. To those who have installed the small screen near the flippers that split off from the book video, do you find it to be a worthwhile mod? I'm assuming it makes it easier to see your next shot in modes you aren't familiar with but is it distracting? Does it take away from the immersion?

For me its easier to look at the screen on the playfield than a screen on the apron.

#10998 2 years ago

Foe me its easier to look at the screen on the playfield than a screen on the apron.

Is this from experience on The Hobbit or playing on other games with the apron screen? I also wonder about mode selection. Since you have to press the action button, maybe a screen there would be nice to select a mode.

#10999 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Is this from experience on The Hobbit or playing on other games with the apron screen? I also wonder about mode selection. Since you have to press the action button, maybe a screen there would be nice to select a mode.

experience.

Modes are not selected from the action button, but my making the right ramp.

However you can change the pending mode on the screen via the flipper buttons while the ball is on the wireform.

The playfield screen has valuable information on it during game play. Its in an easy to read place.

#11000 2 years ago

experience.
Modes are not selected from the action button, but my making the right ramp.
However you can change the pending mode on the screen via the flipper buttons while the ball is on the wireform.
The playfield screen has valuable information on it during game play. Its in an easy to read place.

Oh, brain fart. You are right, you don't press the action button to shuffle modes (it's the flippers). Yeah, I don't mind looking at the book for my next shot if I need the info. The game does a pretty good job of lighting the shot needed for modes.

I just wonder if the apron screen is a nice upgrade. If anyone finds it useful and likes the addition. I've only had less than 5 plays on the JJP Pirates that had one and I don't recall ever looking at it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/220?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.