20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 259.
#10751 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

It is definitely worth the risk as it captures theme integration and immersion better than any game out there in my opinion.

By far. Don't judge the game until you played "Into the Fire" at least once. You'll know what I mean...

#10752 2 years ago

I have a question on an issue I'm having with the monitor.

First, I noticed for a couple of weeks that some of the center of the monitor seemed slightly pixelated. Nothing major, just not crisp.

Then, when I turned it on this weekend, the monitor was constantly flickering and moving lines up and down. I unscrewed the monitor from the mount, undid all cables and wires and put them back, then went into the computer in the bottom of the game to be sure all cables and wires were well-seated. Turned it back on and nothing was better.

I then tried this again and after I finished, now there is no image on the monitor whatsoever, even after rechecking all connections.

Does this sound like I need a new DVI cable? The monitor? Something else to check?

Thanks in advance!

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

I have a question on an issue I'm having with the monitor.
First, I noticed for a couple of weeks that some of the center of the monitor seemed slightly pixelated. Nothing major, just not crisp.
Then, when I turned it on this weekend, the monitor was constantly flickering and moving lines up and down. I unscrewed the monitor from the mount, undid all cables and wires and put them back, then went into the computer in the bottom of the game to be sure all cables and wires were well-seated. Turned it back on and nothing was better.
I then tried this again and after I finished, now there is no image on the monitor whatsoever, even after rechecking all connections.
Does this sound like I need a new DVI cable? The monitor? Something else to check?
Thanks in advance!

Plug another monitor in and see if it clears. If not swap cables. Go from there

#10754 2 years ago

I killed Smaug last night for the first time - seriously bitchin’ - and also played the second Wizard mode. The light shows are magnificent.

3M+ score. What a game!

#10755 2 years ago

Joined the club
Just played one game as I am tired from last nights journey to get it and I just want to stare at it

One question though,the game makes a grinding sound when I plunge,like something is wrong

Is this this normal ?
Ok it seems like the drops are making a odd sound
I assume this is normal ?

28844061-1F1B-4EC9-8E57-5AF438E708AE (resized).jpeg28844061-1F1B-4EC9-8E57-5AF438E708AE (resized).jpeg4FD3F363-6D89-463B-ADF3-D0B0265B5233 (resized).jpeg4FD3F363-6D89-463B-ADF3-D0B0265B5233 (resized).jpegD7DC3573-FCCC-4F26-943E-94B2158554E5 (resized).jpegD7DC3573-FCCC-4F26-943E-94B2158554E5 (resized).jpeg
#10756 2 years ago

Everyone says that. It's one of the skill shots, you can change them before the plunge with the ring button. I like the rollovers.

#10757 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Everyone says that. It's one of the skill shots, you can change them before the plunge with the ring button. I like the rollovers.

Yeah, hit the button on the lock bar until the roll overs light up.

Everyone pretty much lights the locks on the plunge.

Its really satisfying to hit all 4 roll overs!

#10759 2 years ago

You get more points if you hit the skill shot that "it" chooses. At least that's the way I remember them explaining it.

#10760 2 years ago

Who plays The Hobbit for points?

#10761 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Who plays The Hobbit for points?

I play for : kill smaug, play wizzard modes!

#10762 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Joined the club
Just played one game as I am tired from last nights journey to get it and I just want to stare at it
One question though,the game makes a grinding sound when I plunge,like something is wrong
Is this this normal ?
I assume this is normal ?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Joined the club
Is this this normal ?
I assume this is normal ?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agree totally shocking but totally normal. You won’t notice it soon (until someone comes over and says omg is it supposed to do that!?)

#10763 2 years ago

I just had a switch error notification when I turned Hobbit on. It was the Bag End opto. I'm wondering if the fact that the Trumpanche pop cluster gate isn't adding to this as the opto only registers the ball about 90% of the time. So the fact the the gate stops the ball from rolling back though it, lessens the number of triggers.
So do you think the optos are dirty or misaligned? I haven't had to mess with any optos before?

#10764 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I just had a switch error notification when I turned Hobbit on. It was the Bag End opto. I'm wondering if the fact that the Trumpanche pop cluster gate isn't adding to this as the opto only registers the ball about 90% of the time. So the fact the the gate stops the ball from rolling back though it, lessens the number of triggers.
So do you think the optos are dirty or misaligned? I haven't had to mess with any optos before?

I say its dirty or loose.

verify it in switch test.

#10765 2 years ago

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka, Hobbit will be coming soon.

Video:

Post to Scorbit topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

#10766 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka, Hobbit will be coming soon.
Video:

Post to Scorbit topic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

Sweet! Thanks Jay!

#10767 2 years ago

Just had my best game made it through into the fire
During the frenzy of all that I noticed the orc wasn’t popping up
Cool test the other jumped the same and the orc not so much
Played again he still isn’t popping up

Lifted playfield to inspect and it feels like a slight drag on the orc
Could just be my imagination but he feels different then the others
Any tips on what to do or something I could look at ?
Thanks

#10768 2 years ago

Any tips on what to do

Bottom of the assembly is a rubber stopper, you can try loosening it's nut and turn up a little and retighten the nut.

If it doesn't go up and down smoothly, then check where it's binding. If it's the mech itself, those are a lot of fun to work on and get them smooth. 5 screws and a few connectors to remove from the machine, after you removed the trap door on top of the playfield. 2 clips 2 springs. Have a magnet nearby for when you lose one. Check the bracket the character is fastened to, be sure it is straight up and down and not dragging on the inside of the frame.

Past that. It's loosen things, readjust, tighten things. Can take a lot of time.

It might not help, but what I'd found. If that bracket isn't rubbing on the inside of the frames. I loosen all screws on each side of the frames and bottom. Then squeeze the ends end. And retighten everything. Then see if it goes up and down smoothly.

LTG : )

#10769 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bottom of the assembly is a rubber stopper, you can try loosening it's nut and turn up a little and retighten the nut.
If it doesn't go up and down smoothly, then check where it's binding. If it's the mech itself, those are a lot of fun to work on and get them smooth. 5 screws and a few connectors to remove from the machine, after you removed the trap door on top of the playfield. 2 clips 2 springs. Have a magnet nearby for when you lose one. Check the bracket the character is fastened to, be sure it is straight up and down and not dragging on the inside of the frame.
Past that. It's loosen things, readjust, tighten things. Can take a lot of time.
It might not help, but what I'd found. If that bracket isn't rubbing on the inside of the frames. I loosen all screws on each side of the frames and bottom. Then squeeze the ends end. And retighten everything. Then see if it goes up and down smoothly.

Thank you I will look into this tonight

#10770 2 years ago

I had to actually twist the frame that the mech body slides in on one of mine once. Was really hard to tell if it was binding or not, but the slightest rub was enough to stop it from travelling properly.

Still have only one clip on the flap of that one.

#10771 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Still have only one clip on the flap of that one.

Im sure it will turn up one day...

#10772 2 years ago

Ok,so loosening the nut and raising the rubber stop worked
You could tell a difference in the mech standing there instantly after adjustment
So thank you for this
Only other question is did I just pass up a problem down the road?
What causes the problem to begin with?
Obviously the gates take a beating catching shots on the way up

Anyway thanks again
Marshall

#10773 2 years ago

Only other question is did I just pass up a problem down the road?

No.

What causes the problem to begin with?

Who cares ? I quit when it's fixed.

#10774 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Who cares ? I quit when it's fixed.

lol fair enough

#10775 2 years ago

I was going over the rules for an hour and looking at the depth of the game

My god

#10776 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I say its dirty or loose.
verify it in switch test.

Thank you!!

#10777 2 years ago

Anyone know who did the trim paint for the LEs?

I put a set of the tarnished gold legs for the Hobbit LEs on my Swords of Fury and they look great!

Now I’d like to get the coin door, lock bar and side trim done similarly.

D07DF187-9CDB-4C77-94F9-91A1FFD2EA2B (resized).jpegD07DF187-9CDB-4C77-94F9-91A1FFD2EA2B (resized).jpeg
#10778 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Anyone know who did the trim paint for the LEs?
I put a set of the tarnished gold legs for the Hobbit LEs on my Swords of Fury and they look great!
Now I’d like to get the coin door, lock bar and side trim done similarly.
[quoted image]

I think the Hobbit LEs were Prismatic US Penny Vein and the Smaugs were Prismatic Gold Vein, but I imagine Robert would know best:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered

#10779 2 years ago

Hey folks, just a reminder: Scorbit is free for JJP games. I have read some posts around that people are confused about that... Scorbit has been free for JJP and always as been.

#10780 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey folks, just a reminder: Scorbit is free for JJP games. I have read some posts around that people are confused about that... Scorbit has been free for JJP and always as been.

I don’t see Scorbit in my utilities ,connect to internet,nothing

#10781 2 years ago

I guess I need to be at 3.11 I’m at 3.10

#10782 2 years ago

I guess I need to be at 3.11 I’m at 3.10

Generally you do need to be on the latest code for Scorbit. The new stuff with achievements isn't out for Hobbit yet (soon), but the rest is available now.

#10783 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Generally you do need to be on the latest code for Scorbit.

Doesn't the machine need to be connected to Scorbit too ?

#10784 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don’t think I have internet connection till I get the 3.11

#10785 2 years ago

I don’t think I have internet connection till I get the 3.11

You need that for the machine. And the Scorbit app on your phone. In addition the game has to be connected to Scorbit too, for the player to interact with that particular machine.

#10786 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You need that for the machine. And the Scorbit app on your phone. In addition the game has to be connected to Scorbit too, for the player to interact with that particular machine.

Yes, and you will, of course, need to connect a USB wireless adapter - or direct ethernet cable connection - to connect to Scorbit.

I know LTG knows this I was just adding more info.

#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We recommend that you connect the game to WiFi based on the JJP instructions for that process.

Some tips on that front:

- Not all wifi dongles are the same. Using JJP's recommended USB connector makes a huge difference because it's been tested.

- Arcades/bars are rough environments for WiFi. Ideally, you can set up a unique SSID specifically for your games, but in absence of that, considering using 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz because it goes through walls/machines better.

- Once connected, perform a network test from the JJP menu, and ensure it says CONNECTED.

- After all the above is complete, follow the directions on the Scorbit menu with the QR code. If your machine is already in the Scorbit app, it works the same way, scan the code and it will "pair" the game to the virtual version in Scorbit.

- Once your game is paired, go to the Account menu > My Venues > [Venue Name]. Click on the "Players" section and add any users on Scorbit that you want to be able to find/play your machines. If the venue is Public, this is not necessary, but if it's Private, you will need them on this list.

#10788 2 years ago

Ok, whose going to make a topper from this:

#10789 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

We recommend that you connect the game to WiFi based on the JJP instructions for that process.

I did all that.

Just no interest in connecting my game to Scorbit.

#10790 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I did all that.
Just no interest in connecting my game to Scorbit.

Ah, I see. No, they are two separate options. You can be connected to WiFi for updates/etc. and not connect to us.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the achievements/etc., and it doesn't cost anything, but your choice is yours.

#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ah, I see. No, they are two separate options. You can be connected to WiFi for updates/etc. and not connect to us.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't want the achievements/etc., and it doesn't cost anything, but your choice is yours.

I'm not sure why the achievements would be worth the effort. Also not sure why JJP seems hell bent to release updates that only enhance scorebit options on their machines when we would really much rather have updates that improve game play. However if it took scorebit to get JJP to add online updates then it is definitely worth it. USB updates are so yesterday

#10792 2 years ago

I'm sad to say i'm leaving the club today.

Paid for my P3 yesterday and on an impulse listed the Hobbit to make the funds partly back.

Pretty sure i've made a mistake, but it never got played as the pins down the back only get turned on for comp and Hobbit is not in comp for obvious reasons.

Maybe i'll get another one day. Probably should have sold the Aerosmith LE that's 2 spots up instead.

#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm sad to say i'm leaving the club today.
Paid for my P3 yesterday and on an impulse listed the Hobbit to make the funds partly back.
Pretty sure i've made a mistake, but it never got played as the pins down the back only get turned on for comp and Hobbit is not in comp for obvious reasons.
Maybe i'll get another one day. Probably should have sold the Aerosmith LE that's 2 spots up instead.

All good. At the end of the day it is your collection and it is nice to get other things to spend your time on. I can never afford, or have the space for, all the pinball machines I want, so I may have to play musical chairs with mine as well.

#10794 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I'm not sure why the achievements would be worth the effort. Also not sure why JJP seems hell bent to release updates that only enhance scorebit options on their machines when we would really much rather have updates that improve game play. However if it took scorebit to get JJP to add online updates then it is definitely worth it. USB updates are so yesterday

Scorbit, by the way, not scorebit.

Once you're online, you move to a more "continuous integration" level which means you can push updates that are small without any effort. It's different when you're on a longer release cycle.

JJP did WiFi completely on their own, because they thought it was a good feature for owners. Scorbit (us) created our platform independently, it works with hundreds of game titles. JJP decided it would be a nice gift, for free, to add achievements to their games for users.

This all being said: You lose nothing if you don't connect, the game still plays wonderfully, and is not missing any features as a result! This isn't a network which will hobble you for not participating online.

#10795 2 years ago

I started using Scorbit after I patched my Hobbit - it is really cool and I have started looking for it on location as well.

Also extremely helpful to see what is on location and where the locations are around me.

#10796 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Competition with stern and the new connectivity features no doubt

#10797 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

and it doesn't cost anything,

I thought there was something about first year free for ops and then a fee ?

And I could remotely access the machine. Then so could Scorbit, and anybody breaking into your system. I'm not comfortable with that. For a variety of reasons.

#10798 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

and it doesn't cost anything,

From your website : Operators pay per machine/per month,

That sounds like it costs something.

#10799 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From your website : Operators pay per machine/per month,
That sounds like it costs something.

No it's free for JJP users, and it's free for players. It costs money if you get our hardware for vintage machines.

#10800 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought there was something about first year free for ops and then a fee ?
And I could remotely access the machine. Then so could Scorbit, and anybody breaking into your system. I'm not comfortable with that. For a variety of reasons.

No, not for JJP machines. It only costs money if there is hardware from us that we're managing. Also different pricing for home use (Standard) versus operator use (Pro), and many operators don't need "pro features," so it really does depend on a lot of factors.

As for breaking into your system, I have no idea why someone would break into a system, but I think it's totally a respectable point of view to not connect IoT devices in your home. Many people don't have Alexa, Google Home, or other connected devices for the same reason, and I think it's actually a reasonable position to take.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,942 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 259.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.