Topic Stats

• 8,090 posts
  • 527 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,179 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B6DEFB70-D32A-474A-A4DE-FE7EB6B909F1 (resized).jpeg
EA74C334-0179-4521-928B-A73E8EB74357 (resized).jpeg
46F6C0B3-5EA5-402F-9C0F-C6604D2A4293 (resized).jpeg
DSC05213 (resized).JPG
DSC05212 (resized).JPG
DSC05203 (resized).JPG
DSC05190 (resized).JPG
DSC05191 (resized).JPG
20191231_020309 (resized).jpg
20191231_020316 (resized).jpg
20191231_020311 (resized).jpg
20191231_020334 (resized).jpg
20180720_165623 (resized).jpg
20191227_200249 (resized).jpg
4633C49D-49D3-4DF0-960A-1C04CA53D131 (resized).jpeg
874435AB-97D5-4D74-8375-09F6D2EC1E2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8090 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 162.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Where did you guys get the blue shooter spring? Pinball life is down, does anybody else have it? I couldn't find one on other sites.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-3

#1002 3 years ago

Luckily I got a big order in before they shut down last yesterday.

#1003 3 years ago

Got the blue spring ordered from Marco along with a post to block left ball stick. Thanks for helping. Just had a 1.3 million game. What a wild game. Awesome!

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Got the blue spring ordered from Marco along with a post to block left ball stick. Thanks for helping. Just had a 1.3 million game. What a wild game. Awesome!

The blue spring will be too strong.

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm glad I went back with the stock spring on mine.

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There seems to be some miscommunication going on here between this thread and the other tech/fix thread.
The link I gave konghusker from the other thread was the correct one I used while the blue spring Marco link on THIS thread is supposedly for a "high tension" blue.
Confusing stuff since the colors are the same yet this one (linked above) is rated right underneath the strongest red spring.

Usually blue is lighter than green as far as tension goes but I guess there are two choices on Marco's site. Pinball Life has the lighter tensioned blue offered as well but they are gone right now.

With that said,
The stock spring JJP uses (at least in my game) is the thinnest/weakest one possible (.026?) and might work great if you have your game set at a sweet Expo 4.5 degrees. Anything close to 7+ degrees needs a slightly firmer spring, hence why I went with the blue.
I also recommended to get a bunch of different springs (since they are fairly cheap) in case the blue doesn't work for your particular machine, or you have another game that could use some "fine tuning."

Like LTG stated before though,
Make sure your shooter rod is centered FIRST before changing things out.

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Anything close to 7+ degrees needs a slightly firmer spring, hence why I went with the blue.

Disagree...worst case, just stretch the stock spring out a tad and you're good. You want it hitting the F with a full strength plunge.

#1008 3 years ago

Edit:
Do whatever makes you feel happiest.

#1009 3 years ago

The stock spring is fine. It's intentionally weak like the tz Spring due to the several very close skill shots. My game is at max possible slope also.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

My game is at max possible slope also.

This is what 7.5 pitch looks like at my house with the extra long levelers JJP provides.
Craftsman digital torpedo level# too; not iPhone I "think" this is the pitch app.
image_(resized).jpeg So you're telling me you've maxed even these babies out?
That's um, impressive?

#1011 3 years ago

Hello,
why a fix for the trolls?
What is the problem of trolls?

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Disagree...worst case, just stretch the stock spring out a tad and you're good. You want it hitting the F with a full strength plunge.

I don't have my game yet otherwise I would probably know the answer to this question. Ideally if you have a plunger skill shot where the maximum amount earned is somewhere between the minimum and maximum pull on the plunger, then why would you want a spring that hits this so-called "F" drop target with the maximum pull? I mean don't you want a shot where you have to figure out just how far to pull the plunger back in order to nail the intended target? What you are describing is no skill shot at all. I would think you would want a spring that is stronger than what you have described.

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
why a fix for the trolls?
What is the problem of trolls?

Fix prevents the ball from rolling into a troll hole, potentially becoming trapped. When that happens, playfield glass must be removed to free the ball. Sometimes a hole can swallow two balls. This is irritating to all involved and can be eliminated with the fix, which attaches underneath playfield at the edge of hole and acts like a bumper to prevent a ball from being trapped or from ever rolling in.

#1014 3 years ago

Thank you for this answer.
I've never had this problem.
When the ball is caught, the pinball machine detects it and troll goes back (to release the ball)

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Thank you for this answer.
I've never had this problem.
When the ball is caught, the pinball machine detects it and troll goes back (to release the ball)

Most the time if the ball gets caught, the ball search will run and release it. The problem is that this can cause the troll switches to bend out of alignment and also cause the troll flaps to get into a weird state that requires pulling the glass off to pop them back into position. These fixes help prevent the ball from getting stuck in the troll since the hole where they get caught is filled with these fixes.

#1016 3 years ago

I'm going to contact Marco before they send my order to change to a lesser strength spring.

Update...I bumped my order down to a medium spring. I'll try that and report back. Thanks guys.

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Most the time if the ball gets caught, the ball search will run and release it. The problem is that this can cause the troll switches to bend out of alignment and also cause the troll flaps to get into a weird state that requires pulling the glass off to pop them back into position. These fixes help prevent the ball from getting stuck in the troll since the hole where they get caught is filled with these fixes.

OK thanks
But that provides fixes? JJP?

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

I don't have my game yet otherwise I would probably know the answer to this question. Ideally if you have a plunger skill shot where the maximum amount earned is somewhere between the minimum and maximum pull on the plunger, then why would you want a spring that hits this so-called "F" drop target with the maximum pull? I mean don't you want a shot where you have to figure out just how far to pull the plunger back in order to nail the intended target? What you are describing is no skill shot at all. I would think you would want a spring that is stronger than what you have described.

The F is worth very little and is NEVER my intended target.

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm going to contact Marco before they send my order to change to a lesser strength spring.
Update...I bumped my order down to a medium spring. I'll try that and report back. Thanks guys.

Try it and do what makes you happy!! They are very easy to swap out so play around and have fun.

#1020 3 years ago

I just want the option at the very least to hit ALL skill shots available. The current factory spring is so inconsistent and keeps getting worse. I have it lined up perfectly, but it just doesn't get the upper half of dwarf targets. Hopefully this new spring fixes it.

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I just want the option at the very least to hit ALL skill shots available. The current factory spring is so inconsistent and keeps getting worse. I have it lined up perfectly, but it just doesn't get the upper half of dwarf targets. Hopefully this new spring fixes it.

Have you considered checking the skill shot lane guide? The stock spring should have the power required.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

What you are describing is no skill shot at all. I would think you would want a spring that is stronger than what you have described.

Thanks for the keen sense fordtudoor.
Seems like people want to take the challenge out of everything these days.
(F-target isn't worth a lot but it still should be able to be hit squarely without maxing out the plunge.)

Quoted from konghusker:

Update...I bumped my order down to a medium spring. I'll try that and report back.

Only the one spring, eh?
Prepare to be disappointed then if you just ordered the medium green one.
But like Metahugh stated above, do what makes you happy.

This is the correct blue spring I posted for you a couple of days ago that you thumbed up but then promptly forgot about, only to ask again in this thread...
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/266-5001-05
I can't link the Pinball Life version since they are on vacation but they should only have one version of the blue spring to choose from.
If blue isn't your color, go with this one for a whopping .98 cents more. Still probably better than the flaccid stock spring.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-7

#1023 3 years ago

I guess I'll just try it and see. Confusing for sure as the blue Marco was the link given, but then was said to be too strong. When I talked to Marko they said the medium/high was the one in most sterns and pins, so i opted to go just medium. The blue was a high/low they said which is stronger than the sterns factory spring which is definitely too much. I'll try it. The other spring I suppose I could have also ordered was the next level down as a low/high. No biggie like you said if it doesn't work right. Yes, the ball guide is lined correctly as I can smack the shooter rod and hit the F every time.

#1024 3 years ago

As long as you and the other (future) Hobbit owners are enjoying the machine more by the end of this thread then, we've done our job.

Hobbit has so many great skill shots to choose from with the roving-lit lock rollovers being the most addicting to try and go for.

I just wanted people to have ALL the options available to plunge without having to max out their stock spring.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

As long as you and the other (future) Hobbit owners are enjoying the machine more by the end of this thread then, we've done our job.
Hobbit has so many great skill shots to choose from with the roving-lit lock rollovers being the most addicting to try and go for.
I just wanted people to have ALL the options available to plunge without having to max out their stock spring.

I fully agree. I'll update once I get it. Thanks again for your help.

#1026 3 years ago

Anyone find a way to get the roving inlane skillshot with decent success? It's so nearly impossible that I never even try it anymore.

#1027 3 years ago

Guess I didn't even realize the inlane one is roving. Thought they all stayed lit. I can never get left in lanes though without hitting locks. I'll have to check out the roving pattern better. Right lane is very doable.

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Anyone find a way to get the roving inlane skillshot with decent success? It's so nearly impossible that I never even try it anymore.

I've been able to soft plunge to the right in lanes successfully with the stock spring.

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I've been able to soft plunge to the right in lanes successfully with the stock spring.

Consistently?

#1030 3 years ago

I can get the right side consistently. It's the left that's tough without hitting another switch

#1031 3 years ago

With the recent code updates I would think that many of us would give this game a better rating in the top 100?
Into the fire simply ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

With the recent code updates I would think that many of us would give this game a better rating in the top 100?

I got to victory laps in Into the Fire the other day! The last few rounds are confusing because it only tells you what to do on the screen...no flashing shot or callouts to guide you. Pretty awesome mode though. I always get the blinding "replay" light show during that mode it seems.

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I am sure the code is just getting 'warmed up'

#1034 3 years ago

So I got a new high score for a skill shot yesterday. 25k! I hit all 4 rollovers again...I *think* it was timed with the roving light as well, but not sure. It was on my last ball.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I got to victory laps in Into the Fire the other day! The last few rounds are confusing because it only tells you what to do on the screen...no flashing shot or callouts to guide you. Pretty awesome mode though. I always get the blinding "replay" light show during that mode it seems.

Keith has fixed this in the next code update. Idk when that will be.

#1036 3 years ago

I had a mega game and got to into the fire 3 times in that game. I'm probably done playing until you can progress further into the game.

#1037 3 years ago

Finally got the call. Smaug #888 shipping this week.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I had a mega game and got to into the fire 3 times in that game. I'm probably done playing until you can progress further into the game.

I'm starting to get that same feeling, although I am concentrating on beating modes more now. I beat like 5 modes in a row earlier today, including a couple I hadn't completed before. I still have yet to kill Smaug, so that's a good goal for me too.

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm starting to get that same feeling, although I am concentrating on beating modes more now. I beat like 5 modes in a row earlier today, including a couple I hadn't completed before. I still have yet to kill Smaug, so that's a good goal for me too.

Exactly what I have started doing as well. I have not got to Into the Fire 3 times like Mark, but I have got to it twice in a game 3 or 4 times now.

I can tell that there is still a lot more to come code wise. Even completing modes, you look up and see "mode completion bonus: 0" and it leaves me feeling a bit let down.

High score so far:

IMG_1590_(resized).JPG

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So I got a new high score for a skill shot yesterday. 25k! I hit all 4 rollovers again...I *think* it was timed with the roving light as well, but not sure. It was on my last ball.

Is it confirmed this the lights sequence score more?

I think it might be that if you complete a skill shot it's worth more the 2nd and 3rd time?

#1041 3 years ago

Standard #103 should be with me tomorrow. Stern were taking too long building my TWD and have lost a sale. It'll look nice next to WOZ Only problem is my back is still injured from moving that one, I'm going to have to hire people to move it into the house for me.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Standard #103 should be with me tomorrow. Stern were taking too long building my TWD and have lost a sale. It'll look nice next to WOZ Only problem is my back is still injured from moving that one, I'm going to have to hire people to move it into the house for me.

I pity the people you hire for this TH is a heavy one....go slow and lift with the legs (ass pointing towards the floor)!

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

One of the biggest reasons to buy an Escalera! Don't hurt yourself

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Standard #103 should be with me tomorrow. Stern were taking too long building my TWD and have lost a sale.

Man, how things have changed. Stern losing a sale to JJP because *Stern* took too long to build and ship a pin!?

#1045 3 years ago

Got my hobbit le yesterday. That's the good news. The bad news is I don't have any playfield lights. I worked with jjp support and they were awesome. It appears I have a bad board. They are sending me a replacement. For now I am just playing it with the spot lights on.

#1046 3 years ago

God damn light boards!

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

One of the biggest reasons to buy an Escalera! Don't hurt yourself

They cost nearly $2000 here.

#1048 3 years ago

Much cheaper than surgery

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from system11:

They cost nearly $2000 here.

What's cheap back surgery and a month of physical therapy cost for comparison?

#1050 3 years ago

Tell you what I have the jjp bug. I bought a hobbit and a woz in the last month. My back was killing me after moving those. They make tz seem light.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 8090 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 162.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside