IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 260.
#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

No, not connected..

works only when connected. Sync is via ntp server.

#10353 2 years ago

Looking to update Hobbit to latest code to include the Bluetooth (scorebit’s). Went to backup my history and upon plugging in usb the machine isn’t recognizing the usb. It just advises to plug-in the usb. Been awhile since I’ve had to backup so not sure what I’m doing wrong???

As I type this post I started to wonder if a backup even needed for this release??

#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

As I type this post I started to wonder if a backup even needed for this release??

Yes a backup of settings is needed.

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes a backup of settings is needed.

Appreciate the post. Correct me if I am wrong but all I need to do is go to backup in the menu and insert a usb and it should backup correct?

When I do this it’s as if the machine is not recognizing the usb being inserted.

#10356 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Looking to update Hobbit to latest code to include the Bluetooth (scorebit’s). Went to backup my history and upon plugging in usb the machine isn’t recognizing the usb. It just advises to plug-in the usb. Been awhile since I’ve had to backup so not sure what I’m doing wrong???

I’d be sure to format the USB first and then double check it’s inserting all the way in. That extension cord has kind of a sunken connector in it that some of my USB’s can’t reach because of how their body is shaped.

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Appreciate the post. Correct me if I am wrong but all I need to do is go to backup in the menu and insert a usb and it should backup correct?
When I do this it’s as if the machine is not recognizing the usb being inserted.

Also try a different flash drive (I think 16gig or smaller), or a different USB extension cable if you have one laying around. I had a extension cable go bad on me on my WOZ. It is something else to try at least.

#10358 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Also try a different flash drive (I think 16gig or smaller), or a different USB extension cable if you have one laying around. I had a extension cable go bad on me on my WOZ. It is something else to try at least.

It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. [quoted image]

If you haven't done it yet, reboot with the USB wifi dongle in the USB cable.

#10360 2 years ago

Do you have the WiFi dongle too? The one in your pic is the Bluetooth one for headphone connection but not internet.

TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PB1X4CN

<block quote cite="#6293304">It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. [quoted image]

#10361 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Do you have the WiFi dongle too? The one in your pic is the Bluetooth one for headphone connection but not internet.
TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi... amazon.com link »
<block quote cite="#6293304">It was the USB. Got the software loaded and Scorbits now shows in the menu but need to connect to internet. Purchased the dongle the JJP email recommended but when I go to Network Settings or any settings I am not seeing WiFi. [quoted image]

There in lies the problem. Thanks for the posts as I only have the Bluetooth. Just ordered the WiFi one. So once I get the WiFi dongle just plug it in, turn game on and it will recognize it?

Also, for the BT dongle is there somewhere else to plug this in so you can have the WiFi and BT working?

Thanks again

#10362 2 years ago

Yeah you got it. It’s plug and play. You’ll go into the Utilities part of the menu to set the correct WiFi network and enter the password. There are some open USB spots in the back of the computer that work, but LTG recommended a USB hub so you don’t need to get back there. If you can find his post, he had the particular hub he recommends. Good luck!

Quoted from meSz:

There in lies the problem. Thanks for the posts as I only have the Bluetooth. Just ordered the WiFi one. So once I get the WiFi dongle just plug it in, turn game on and it will recognize it?
Also, for the BT dongle is there somewhere else to plug this in so you can have the WiFi and BT working?
Thanks again

#10363 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just get one of those cheap Amazon USB hubs. We use them all the time.

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Yeah you got it. It’s plug and play. You’ll go into the Utilities part of the menu to set the correct WiFi network and enter the password. There are some open Bluetooth spots in the back of the computer that are open but LTG recommended a USB hub so you don’t need to get back there. If you can find his post he had the particular hub he recommends. Good luck!

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Just get one of those cheap Amazon USB hubs. We use them all the time.

Thank you both!

#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi... amazon.com link »

Received WiFi dongle today and plugged it Into the front usb (by coin box). How does one set it up from here? I went to network settings and there’s nothing for WiFi connection.

I looked on JJP site for instructions but not finding it. If anyone has a link please provide.

Do you need both the WiFi and BT dongles plugged in?

#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just WiFi for WiFi.

Please go to jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Gun & Roses - manual. Page III has full instructions to set up your WiFi connection.

LTG : )

#10367 2 years ago

Received WiFi dongle today and plugged it Into the front usb (by coin box). How does one set it up from here? I went to network settings and there’s nothing for WiFi connection.

I looked on JJP site for instructions but not finding it. If anyone has a link please provide.

#10368 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Did you update the game first? You'll need to update to make it wifi compatible first. Then those settings will be available.

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Did you update the game first? You'll need to update to make it wifi compatible first. Then those settings will be available.

I downloaded 3.11. That’s what is needed correct? I have the Scorbit on the machine I just don’t see the WiFi network as an option

#10370 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If anyone has a link please provide.

Did you see my post ?

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf download the Gun & Roses manual. Page III has the instructions.

Do you have the latest software in the game ? 3.11 ? If so go into Utilities - Scroll down to Network Settings - every menu for it is there. Choosing network, entering password, connecting, etc. etc.

#10371 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I just don’t see the WiFi network as an option

It's in Utilities - Network Settings.

#10372 2 years ago

Just wanted share pic of the menu

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10373 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

[quoted image]

Did you follow the instructions on the website to load the 3.11 code via a USB thumb drive? Have to do that first before any of the WiFi stuff etc will start showing up. WiFi is for future updates, not this one that just came out.

#10374 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Cool. Did you see what the screen says ? The Read Terms and Conditions part ?

Go to Terms and Conditions - do what the screen says.

Then go to Network Settings.

#10375 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cool. Did you see what the screen says ? The Read Terms and Conditions part ?
Go to Terms and Conditions - do what the screen says.
Then go to Network Settings.

98% of the time the problem is between the chair and the keyboard!!!

Thanks all. Have it loaded.

#10376 2 years ago

Help needed to diagnose / fix an issue.

After what appears to be a short which I think was caused by a loose 12v wire that connects to the led strip behind the back box, the entire game crashed and rebooted, resulting in an issue where now the playfield insert lights are sequencing super fast in attract mode (at a guess 5x the normal speed) - example can be viewed here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujvx656m7hxab9e/IMG_1482.MOV?dl=0

Apart from this problem, the game appears to still play ok with the insert lighting during game play appearing in the right colours at the right time.

If there is anybody out there who may know how to fix this issue I would love to hear from you.

#10377 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

After what appears to be a short which I think was caused by a loose 12v wire that connects to the led strip behind the back box, the entire game crashed and rebooted, resulting in an issue where now the playfield insert lights are sequencing super fast in attract mode (at a guess 5x the normal speed) - example can be viewed here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujvx656m7hxab9e/IMG_1482.MOV?dl=0
Apart from this problem, the game appears to still play ok with the insert lighting during game play appearing in the right colours at the right time.
If there is anybody out there who may know how to fix this issue I would love to hear from you.

Those lights sure would attract someone to the game. Glad it's not messing up normal gameplay.

#10378 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

This looks normal to me. Other than whatever that flashing white light is.

#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

There is a setting to change the way the attract mode lights flash.

Difference can be seen here:

#10380 2 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

There is a setting to change the way the attract mode lights flash.
Difference can be seen here:

Many thanks, I had no idea the game had that setting but that was it!

Don't ask me how the game managed to changed that setting by it's self, but happy it was an easy fix and nothing got fried.

#10381 2 years ago

Is it possible that V3.11 broke the roaming blue target to earn extra-ball?
I qualify for all modes by getting Dwarf, elf, man, gandalf, radagast and bilbo without starting any mode but I don't get it anymore.
I veryfied the game settings and I am still set in "normal" preset. Anyone could test this please?

thanks

#10382 2 years ago

Works on mine

#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Works on mine

That's really weird, looks like I am missing something but what?

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

That's really weird, looks like I am missing something but what?

Sometimes I think I am qualifying the roaming blue but it doesn't do it. I am on 3.10 but maybe, like myself, are not 100% in understanding when it is qualified. I know you need to qualify all of the modes by hitting the shots you said but there must be other stipulations.

#10385 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Sometimes I think I am qualifying the roaming blue but it doesn't do it. I am on 3.10 but maybe, like myself, are not 100% in understanding when it is qualified. I know you need to qualify all of the modes by hitting the shots you said but there must be other stipulations.

Ya I think I missed this point :
In book mode difficulty set to normal (4), the game gives you a spotted qualify which means you can't get the roaming target for the extra ball at the very beginning or even after a ball lost.
You have to do a mission and be sure that after the mission, you don't have any remaining qualify items enable. If that's the case, you can go ahead and make the 6 qualify and you should get your chance to hit the roaming target.
To avoid that, Eric Meunier suggested in a video to set the book mode to hard (5) so the game never gives you the spotted qualify but instead you have the chance to get the roaming target at the game startup or after a ball lost.
I've to test this week-end to confirm

UPDATE: I confirm that it works I kept the difficulty to NORMAL (4). Started a game and there was already one of the 6 qualify enabled. So I started immediately the mode then at the end I just qualify all the 6 then the roaming target appeared!
Fun to still learn some rules after 3 years

#10386 2 years ago

Lior just put up replacements for the beasts in the all modding sub. Which just made me buy the full package from him for my Hobbit!

f28197b4989863b3764e3f7a1a1bded63dbacefc (resized).jpgf28197b4989863b3764e3f7a1a1bded63dbacefc (resized).jpg36015867a945c4cb1e5c2b05e199ab0011eaa609 (resized).jpg36015867a945c4cb1e5c2b05e199ab0011eaa609 (resized).jpgb0029aa69634a989409a5741e209617399a37ee7 (resized).jpgb0029aa69634a989409a5741e209617399a37ee7 (resized).jpgc7711feae86d22366adee53e6711c0f1c6cf932b (resized).jpgc7711feae86d22366adee53e6711c0f1c6cf932b (resized).jpgd3c950016f1b916248b6ed87da746e219e782e04 (resized).jpgd3c950016f1b916248b6ed87da746e219e782e04 (resized).jpg826290adf8e10d04918ee5a49b9392e4e6256e2e (resized).jpg826290adf8e10d04918ee5a49b9392e4e6256e2e (resized).jpg21d7124836ac71a35cc8776929947e1a2a784d93 (resized).jpg21d7124836ac71a35cc8776929947e1a2a784d93 (resized).jpg2bfee502fb917779337d783a9fc305ed443e26e7 (resized).jpg2bfee502fb917779337d783a9fc305ed443e26e7 (resized).jpg9c0e78b4c3fb8bfbf56dc3debbec569141d80289 (resized).jpg9c0e78b4c3fb8bfbf56dc3debbec569141d80289 (resized).jpg
#10387 2 years ago

Took me 3 years to find a Hobbit close to me here in so cal. I was a bridesmaid at least 10 times with games coming up for sale locally, always second or 3rd in line.
But finally nabbed one this week from great pinsider in san diego.
Black Arrow in the house!
Looking for the Gold ring action button and ring button plate by flipnout pinball. Only mod for now, the sticker on lockdown bar I just dont like.
Let me know if your hoarding extras and want to Sell.
So stoked to be in club.
Thanks
Eric

#10388 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Took me 3 years to find a Hobbit close to me here in so cal. I was a bridesmaid at least 10 times with games coming up for sale locally, always second or 3rd in line.
But finally nabbed one this week from great pinsider in san diego.
Black Arrow in the house!
Looking for the Gold ring action button and ring button plate by flipnout pinball. Only mod for now, the sticker on lockdown bar I just dont like.
Let me know if your hoarding extras and want to Sell.
So stoked to be in club.
Thanks
Eric

I don't think they are making the plate anymore. If they are I'd love one and a gold ring button.

#10389 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I know you need to qualify all of the modes by hitting the shots you said but there must be other stipulations.

I know you guys largely figured it out, but technically the rule is that free spotted ones need to be consumed and then re earned by you. You don't need to consume anything you earned yourself, until after the traveling extra ball. After the drop target round, all items must be consumed and re earned.

But the harder difficulty makes it easier to keep track of.

#10390 2 years ago

Love Lior's work but feeling the new warg or spider.

#10391 2 years ago

Is it just me or is this game way harder to control the ball on the flippers? Something about the inlane guides are very bouncy, so something I could typically coming from a loop (or similar) tends to bounce so hard it pops back to the opposite sling and gets all out of control. People say this game is too easy, I’d like to see them play mine! Is it just me or do you all notice this?

#10392 2 years ago

Try different rubbers. I am a below average player and a good game for me is over half an hour.

#10393 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is it just me or is this game way harder to control the ball on the flippers? Something about the inlane guides are very bouncy, so something I could typically coming from a loop (or similar) tends to bounce so hard it pops back to the opposite sling and gets all out of control. People say this game is too easy, I’d like to see them play mine! Is it just me or do you all notice this?

If your game is pitched at 7.2* or so, she should play fast and mean. Way too many people have this game set at 6* where it plays like a floaty snore fest. Mine will kick you in the balls all day long.

#10394 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

paynemic It'd be interesting if you could take a video and show us what you mean...? That doesn't sound like anything my machine does...

#10395 2 years ago

Not every game has to kick you in the nuts.
I have a Walking Dead, Hurricane and a JJP GnR for that.

It's good to practice other skills sometimes than keep the ball alive and shoot accurate.

But everyone is different.

#10396 2 years ago

I see the servos for the Smaug mech are out of stock at HK:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-hk15288a-analog-servo-bb-mg-9kg-0-20sec-51g.html

I don't know a great deal about servos. Any suggestions on an alternative?

#10397 2 years ago

Servocity.com probably has something.

#10398 2 years ago

love Lior's mods, have some but price is so expensive now ...

#10399 2 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

love Lior's mods, have some but price is so expensive now ...

They are a bit expensive, but custom pieces like this aren't cheap either. I wish it was a bit lower, but they are too good to pass up. I will order, they look much better and are certainly more durable. I already had one of the originals break on me. So that alone had me ready to get 'solid' replacements. The fact that they look much better is icing on the cake.

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

I see the servos for the Smaug mech are out of stock at HK:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-hk15288a-analog-servo-bb-mg-9kg-0-20sec-51g.html
I don't know a great deal about servos. Any suggestions on an alternative?

wilsonza JJP will sell them to you, but at a higher price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/208?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.