IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 260.
#10301 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Co-op would suit this pin very well. For most players starting 32 modes in a game is almost impossible and I bet that in a 4 player game all 4 would hardly ever see the end.
As for the paid dlc forget that. It shouldn't be that hard to code Combining all 4 players mode count.
It would be cool to have the option to do a shared mode pool but have individual scores so you can still have some competition.

Great idea - you'd try and grab the best modes before they're taken

#10302 2 years ago

As far as online pinball scores go it's all over the place with how people set up the games. Scorebit seems to be best used for local leaderboards.

#10303 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Never thought I would see another update for Hobbit after those few huge updates 2-3 years back. Awesome!
With Scorebit it doesn't look like there's anything additional to buy, just download the app and make sure your game is connected to the internet? Also, when playing in Scorebit mode does it automatically change your games settings for leaderboards? Just curious if it can enforce 3 ball default settings versus someone with modified settings that makes the game easier.

I feel like there ought to be "Scorbit Settings" as something you can opt into to make it into the global leader board, but there's so many other variables that global leader boards may just be a lost cause...

#10304 2 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

With so many modes to complete, this game is just begging for co-op play. I would take that over Scorbit, wi-fi, or bluetooth.
Do we need to do a Kickstarter to have Keith code that for us?

Quoted from GTO:

In all seriousness, JJP could charge for that type of update similar to video game DLC and I would buy it

Keith said it would take him about an hour to make it a co-op game .

#10305 2 years ago

My dream option is still to be able to disable modes during Smaug MB. I just want a 'pure' fight with the dragon, so I don't have to keep one eye on the centre button flashing red. Yes I would pay hansomely for this option.

keefer pretty please?

#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

My dream option is still to disable modes during Smaug MB. I just want a 'pure' fight with the dragon, so I don't have to keep one eye on the centre button flashing red. Yes I would pay hansomely for this option.

Man what? That's like my favorite part.

#10307 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Man what? That's like my favorite part.

You like playing modes during Smaug multiball? Ok.

#10308 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I do, that helps you blow up the game. I also have beast MB set to be able to run during smaug as that's the way the designers wanted the game.

#10309 2 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I do, that helps you blow up the game. I also have beast MB set to be able to run during smaug as that's the way the designers wanted the game.

True, but some modes require accuracy which you can't get during a chaotic multiball. The designers provided "options" to purify modes, beast MB, just which they had extended this to Smaug MB.

#10310 2 years ago

Picking the right mode, loading the erebor ball slots, starting Smaug then the mode and shooting for the left ramp is a great strategy to finish certain harder modes and max out scores / Into The Fire........IMO!

#10311 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Keith said it would take him about an hour to make it a co-op game .

If any game deserves co-op it's this one, just based on the theme alone.

#10312 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

True, but some modes require accuracy which you can't get during a chaotic multiball. The designers provided "options" to purify modes, beast MB, just which they had extended this to Smaug MB.

I prefer to leave modes and beast on as well. But I do think it would be nice if it was a option to turn it off - it's your pin

#10313 2 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

If any game deserves co-op it's this one, just based on the theme alone.

Yes, the whole Hobbit series is based on cooperation defeating insurmountable odds. #1 take-home lesson from the books.

#10314 2 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Absolutely. You get way more points to charge your ring up when in a mode. The ring turns purple, you hit it. Free points. And there are tons of points to be had when all the balls are hitting tons of switches. In fact, I refuse to do "riddles in the dark" unless I can being multiball into it. It supplements thr mode completion in most (but not all) cases.

#10315 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Absolutely. You get way more points to charge your ring up when in a mode. The ring turns purple, you hit it. Free points. And there are tons of points to be had when all the balls are hitting tons of switches. In fact, I refuse to do "riddles in the dark" unless I can being multiball into it. It supplements thr mode completion in most (but not all) cases.

I do love the riddles in the dark mode...it's a really well done mode.

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I do love the riddles in the dark mode...it's a really well done mode.

It is a very cool mode!

#10317 2 years ago

About to join the club. Any must-have tweaks or mods? This is a large thread to wade through!

#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

About to join the club. Any must-have tweaks or mods? This is a large thread to wade through!

Play it as is, check you're on the latest code. Some people say it's a better game if you remove the drain pin.

#10322 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

This game has great mods! I kept a list of all the little "gems" I’ve added to my machine and I love all of them, but some more than others. It's funny how we all have different favorites, though - the first mod someone recommended was barrel spots, and that's the only mod I ordered and decided to get rid of haha

Trumpanche Mods (Pinside) “Gate at Bag End”
SuperSkillShot.com “One Ring” shooter rod, crystal clear
SuperSkillShot.com “Arkenstone Start Button”, low profile w/ Trumpanche Mods start button lamp controller
SuperSkillShot.com “Smaug’s Horde Arkenstone” w/ Trumpanche Mods lamp & playfield accessory lamp controller
Trumpanche Mods trough lamp, warm white w/ Trumpanche Mods playfield accessory lamp controller
Trumpanche Mods translite illumination, daylight white w/ 4x lamp controllers
PixelsArcadeGames.com “Throne of Erebor” mod w/ Trumpanche Mods playfield accessory lamp controller
PinWorlds.com “Bag End” mod w/ Trumpanche Mods playfield accessory lamp controller
JerseyJackPinball.com flippers x3, black
BackAlleyCreations.com “Gold Flipper Toppers” x2 (lower flippers)
TitanPinball.com silicone rubbers, clear
TitanPinball.com flipper rubbers, low bounce, black x2 (lower flippers)
TitanPinball.com flipper rubber, low bounce, red x1 (upper flipper)
CometPinball.com 12V spotlights, 8SMD, sunlight
MezelMods.com Gold Ring buttons (for flippers) —> no longer available
PinballLife.com Brite Buttons (used with Gold Ring flipper buttons), white / pulsing
LittleShopOfGames.com Art of Pinball mods: Action Button Sculpt, Barrel Legs, and Book Cover/Stand
MezelMods.com Barrel spotlights, didn’t like and re-sold them
ebay.com link: str Leg protectors
GameRoomGuys.com nylon leg bolt washers
Amazon.com Noctua NF-A8 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (80mm, Brown)

#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

A few mods from us for this game, mostly lighting enhancements.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/the-hobbit-pinball-mods.

#10324 2 years ago

Boom, third game on the new v3.11 'Scorbit' code, killed Smaug (only for the 2nd time ever), started the three wizard modes!

Hey JJP where is the 'there and back again' mode? Are we still waiting for that?

https://sv.scorbit.io/viewer/leaderboards/341

#10325 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Boom, third game on the new v3.11 'Scorbit' code, killed Smaug (only for the 2nd time ever), started the three wizard modes!
Hey JJP where is the 'there and back again' mode? Are we still waiting for that?
https://sv.scorbit.io/viewer/leaderboards/341

You have to play all the standard modes for There and Again to take place. I thought the same thing that it would natively happen once I killed smaug and played the 3 wizard modes. Was incredibly disappointed when it didn't.

#10326 2 years ago

Does anyone have the post bookmarked that gave the instructions for the developer team easter egg intro? Can't find it on this thread.

#10327 2 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Does anyone have the post bookmarked that gave the instructions for the developer team easter egg intro? Can't find it on this thread.

Found a video of it. Not how to get it.

LTG : )

#10328 2 years ago

you need to spell out "GAME" with the flippers.

left flipper for the letters
right flipper to "enter the letter" and then again to enter the word

LLLLLLLR (abcdef"g" enter)
LR ("a" enter)
LLLLLLLLLLLLLR (abcdefghijkl "m" enter)
LLLLLR (abcd "e" enter)
R (enter)

that should take you to my brother's egg style shaped head.

#10329 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

you need to spell out "GAME" with the flippers.

Doesn't work with the recent beta build.

#10330 2 years ago

Dang guess I'll need to try it out if I decide to do the update

#10331 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doesn't work with the recent beta build.

The 3.11 version - or the beta one past that?

#10332 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The 3.11 version - or the beta one past that?

I didn't try it on 3.11

I installed 3.11 and then did the WiFi to the beta build 4. I tried it 5 times on the beta build 4.

#10333 2 years ago

Anybody have a link to where I can buy new beast mech springs and clips that holds the top flap? I am missing one. I am sure it is in the cab somewhere but for the life of me I can’t find it.

I think Marco has the clip...13-9002-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6227

The spring 13-7008-01 is not coming up anywhere.

#10334 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Anybody have a link to where I can buy new beast mech springs and clips that holds the top flap? I am missing one. I am sure it is in the cab somewhere but for the life of me I can’t find it.
I think Marco has the clip...13-9002-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6227
The spring 13-7008-01 is not coming up anywhere.

Maybe it's the same as the medieval madness troll flap spring? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-392-1

#10336 2 years ago

One of my Spotlights stopped working and another one is flickering.

So my questions are: what is the part number for a new spotlight and anyone knows how to replace it? It seems that the led lamp is hot glued into the holder.

And anyone knows why the one flickers?

Thanks

Ben

#10337 2 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

And anyone knows why the one flickers?

Clips in the spot light lost tension or wires on the LED need to be pulled out a tiny bit. So it grabs the LED better.

You need 12 volt LEDs.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-reflector-and-socket-assembly-black.html

#10338 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Clips in the spot light lost tension or wires on the LED need to be pulled out a tiny bit. So it grabs the LED better.
You need 12 volt LEDs.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-reflector-and-socket-assembly-black.html

Hi Lloyd,

thanks for your help. How would you replace the LED bulbs as they are hot glued into the socket from the factory. Are the cables soldered into the assembly?

Thanks

#10339 2 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

How would you replace the LED bulbs as they are hot glued into the socket

Pull them out. Hot glue isn't permanent.

Quoted from Demwyn:

Are the cables soldered into the assembly?

Yes. Yours likely have heat shrink over the lug where it's soldered on.

#10340 2 years ago

Certainly looks like it. I may order an extra set just to have in case I need it.

#10341 2 years ago

I don’t know if it’s always been like this and I’m just noticing it now, or if it’s always been this way. It looks like the wood at the top of the game, that the head sits on and has the top glass channel is sagging. I have to kinda push down the glass channel so the glass slides in ok. You can also see a gap between the head. Anyone else have this?

A6E2B4DF-30BD-4561-A124-DDA33E869912 (resized).jpegA6E2B4DF-30BD-4561-A124-DDA33E869912 (resized).jpeg
#10342 2 years ago

I don’t know if it’s always been like this and I’m just noticing it now, or if it’s always been this way. It looks like the wood at the top of the game, that the head sits on and has the top glass channel is sagging. I have to kinda push down the glass channel so the glass slides in ok. You can also see a gap between the head. Anyone else have this?
[quoted image]

Not exactly the same, but... In mine, that whole strip of wood split during shipping along the line of screws that hold that glass channel in place. I now hold the glass channel in place with double sided tape instead of screws.

#10343 2 years ago

Sagging wood happens with age. Or so I've been told.

#10344 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Let me know if you have any issues with this.
Code update v3.11 for The Hobbit pinball

I am not able to save the time properly since 3.11.
I am in Montreal so I select Toronto as the timezone.
And for the time, I put 18h30 for exemple then when I save, when I left the tab then come back date as changed to 06:30... and at the botton right it says 02:30 AM..
so looks like there's an issue with that.

Someone could try please?

#10345 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

I am not able to save the time properly since 3.11.
I am in Montreal so I select Toronto as the timezone.
And for the time, I put 18h30 for exemple then when I save, when I left the tab then come back date as changed to 06:30... and at the botton right it says 02:30 AM..
so looks like there's an issue with that.
Someone could try please?

I think that you have to hit the start button after the change to save the time zone. It was confusing for me too. It says what you have to press to save at the very bottom line on the screen. Otherwise it will change back to Chicago time zone.

#10346 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think that you have to hit the start button after the change to save the time zone. It was confusing for me too. It says what you have to press to save at the very bottom line on the screen. Otherwise it will change back to Chicago time zone.

My timezone is properly saved... but still have the time issue.. weird!

#10347 2 years ago

ChrisLIX
Is it connected to the internet? (Ethernet or WiFi)? My time is working but I’m connected to the internet and am in the same time zone as Chicago…

#10348 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

ChrisLIX
Is it connected to the internet? (Ethernet or WiFi)? My time is working but I’m connected to the internet and am in the same time zone as Chicago…

No, not connected..

#10349 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Not exactly the same, but... In mine, that whole strip of wood split during shipping along the line of screws that hold that glass channel in place. I now hold the glass channel in place with double sided tape instead of screws.

wow that sucks, guess it could always be worse.

#10350 2 years ago

wow that sucks, guess it could always be worse.

Yeah, after my experience, I advise people not to ship Hobbits… had a number of areas damaged, some repairable, some - not so much…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/207?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.