IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 260.
#10151 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks Bill , I just received my arkenstone start button .
It looks great , I can't wait to install it and see it light up .
[quoted image]

It's a gorgeous addition to the game Did you already have Bill's "one ring" shooter rod?

#10152 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:It's a gorgeous addition to the game Did you already have Bill's "one ring" shooter rod?

No , I never had the Shooter Rod ring , unfortunately I had to sell the game , about a month ago .

#10153 3 years ago

Getting the drop target bank errors pictured after applying some stickers to the target faces; none of the other banks failed and everything looks ‘normal’ as far as I can tell. Any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: I see the three green wires connecting into one wire, probably need to trace that back and see what might have blown if my stickering got something stuck closed and overloaded a circuit? Fuses? What might I be missing, the three failing together seems strange.
EFBCA341-EDE2-45F5-A98D-ECBC5C7F7127 (resized).jpegEFBCA341-EDE2-45F5-A98D-ECBC5C7F7127 (resized).jpeg

#10154 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

the three failing together seems strange.

Not if a common wire to them broke off at another switch.

LTG : )

#10155 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not if a common wire to them broke off at another switch.

Hmmmmmm that’s where I was headed sort of....

#10156 3 years ago

Getting the drop target bank errors pictured after applying some stickers to the target faces; none of the other banks failed and everything looks ‘normal’ as far as I can tell. Any suggestions? Thanks!
EDIT: I see the three green wires connecting into one wire, probably need to trace that back and see what might have blown if my stickering got something stuck closed and overloaded a circuit? Fuses? What might I be missing, the three failing together seems strange.
[quoted image]

Put it in switch test mode and operate the switches.

#10157 3 years ago

Anyone had Smaug’s head move fine but mouth not moving?
I got The Hobbit two months ago and had no idea until now that the mouth was supposed to move!? The seller also didn’t tell me there was a loud crackle in the left speaker and a gash on the inside wall that wasn’t in the pics. I put mirror blades on and covered the gash and pulled the sound bar and found a wire that I resoldered and it’s magic now, just hoping this mouth issue is another ‘easy’ fix? At least now I know why I got a great deal on it!(; Thanks for any help

#10158 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I got The Hobbit two months ago and had no idea until now that the mouth was supposed to move!? The seller also didn’t tell me there was a loud crackle in the left speaker and a gash on the inside wall that wasn’t in the pics. I put mirror blades on and covered the gash and pulled the sound bar and found a wire that I resoldered and it’s magic now, just hoping this mouth issue is another ‘easy’ fix? At least now I know why I got a great deal on it!(; Thanks for any help

I would say nothing about Smaug's mouth is simple. Most people I get the impression have had luck replacing the servo, but that's probably on borrowed time, so I'd recommend making sure the mechanism isn't too sticky as well (I used a rubber band assist that's still trucking along)

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingtm-hk15288a-analog-servo-bb-mg-9kg-0-20sec-51g.html

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/135#post-4891757
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/162#post-5440621
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/191#post-6030172
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/193#post-6076471

#10159 3 years ago

I agree. I've messed around with Smaug's mouth but I've come to the realization and accepted that my Smaug's jaw looks and moves like Beavis and Butthead.

#10160 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I had the same thing happen about a month after purchasing my Hobbit off of someone. Followed the instructions others have posted in this thread about replacing the servo. There is also supplemental instructions for calibrating the servo in the online manual. It took me a few hours to get it working perfectly. 3+ years later, still good.

#10161 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies! I'll dig into the servo links and read up on the suggested info to dive in appropriately, glad to know there's a key for sneaking up on the dragon!

#10162 3 years ago

Hey just a heads up y'all - I added an item to the Pinside shop if anyone wants me to make them a copy of the Smaug's Horde Arkenstone lamp I added to my machine. I really like how it enhance's Bill's creation, so I assume some of y'all will appreciate it as well...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/05011-lamp-for-smaug-s-horde-arkenstone

I can also wire up a lamp controller (dimming or pulsing, or other pattern) for you to enhance this mod or many of your other Hobbit playfield lamp mods like Bag End, Throne of Erebor, Gandalf, or a trough lamp or whatever.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/04965-lamp-controller-for-hobbit-playfield-mods
IMG_1999 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1999 2 (resized).jpg

#10163 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Hey just a heads up y'all - I added an item to the Pinside shop if anyone wants me to make them a copy of the Smaug's Horde Arkenstone lamp/controller I added to my machine. It can dim the lamp or do pulsing patterns (which is how I like mine set). I really like how it enhance's Bill's creation, so I assume some of y'all will appreciate it as well...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/05011-lamp-with-controller-for-smaug-s-horde-arkenstone

I can also wire up just the lamp controller for you to enhance your Bag End mod or your Throne of Erebor mod, or really any playfield lighting mod (I added one to my trough lamp).
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/04965-lamp-controller-for-hobbit-playfield-mods[quoted image]

This is exactly what my hoard stone needed.

Just ordered, it is automatic? No settings required?

#10164 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

This is exactly what my hoard stone needed.
Just ordered, it is automatic? No settings required?

Thanks pinballinreno ! The controller is set before shipping, and then you can either leave it how I set it or change it however you prefer. I provide instructions on the controls with the mod for that case.

I wish I'd had these ready when Bill first released his Arkenstones so no one would have to pull apart their games twice to light them, but Bill is way faster than electrical supply companies

#10165 3 years ago

5 years later and The Hobbit is probably my favorite pin I own. The game is just loaded and has in my opinion the deepest objective based ruleset ever created for a pinball machine. The code work done by Keith Johnson, Joe Katz, and especially Ted Estes with the final few updates (he did a ton of work with those last few updates that took the game to the next level) makes this games code masterpiece level. I don't think we will ever see another pin have the amount and quality of objective based modes as The Hobbit. Also, the audio work by David Thiel is incredible as well.

Just ordered The Art of Pinball book and barrel mod for the game, I'm telling myself these are the last mods I'll buy for the game lol. Also, just had some family over the weekend for a pinball party. My cousins and I mainly played Hobbit, probably put 30+ games on it over the course of 6 hours haha. One of my cousins has a LOTR with over 6k plays (all his) and all he will play is Hobbit when he comes over lol.

#10166 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

5 years later and The Hobbit is probably my favorite pin I own. The game is just loaded and has in my opinion the deepest objective based ruleset ever created for a pinball machine. The code work done by Keith Johnson, Joe Katz, and especially Ted Estes with the final few updates (he did a ton of work with those last few updates that took the game to the next level) makes this games code masterpiece level. I don't think we will ever see another pin have the amount and quality of objective based modes as The Hobbit. Also, the audio work by David Thiel is incredible as well.

I agree! I wasn't sure about this game - it didn't grab me playing it in friends collections - but when I got it home and wrapped my head around it I really started appreciating it. It's a great game.

#10167 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree! I wasn't sure about this game - it didn't grab me playing it in friends collections - but when I got it home and wrapped my head around it I really started appreciating it. It's a great game.

In my opinion it's definitely the most underrated jjp game .

#10168 3 years ago

I picked up my Hobbit about a year ago and it's my most played favorite game.
It's a masterpiece!

#10169 3 years ago

Good luck with those being your last mods! Lior just teased the new beast mech sculpts on his Instagram this weekend

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just ordered The Art of Pinball book and barrel mod for the game, I'm telling myself these are the last mods I'll buy for the game lol. Also, just had some family over the weekend for a pinball party. My cousins and I mainly played Hobbit, probably put 30+ games on it over the course of 6 hours haha. One of my cousins has a LOTR with over 6k plays (all his) and all he will play is Hobbit when he comes over lol.

CD58FE35-4B36-4D41-B7D6-19FE25E49CB2 (resized).jpegCD58FE35-4B36-4D41-B7D6-19FE25E49CB2 (resized).jpeg
#10170 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Good luck with those being your last mods! Lior just teased the new beast mech sculpts on his Instagram this weekend
[quoted image]

DAMN IT! lol

#10171 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

[quoted image]

Looks great but I worry about their durability.

Smacking them with high speed heavy steel balls would tear off his ears in short order.

#10172 3 years ago

I volunteer to test them

Smacking them with high speed heavy steel balls would tear off his ears in short order.

#10173 3 years ago

If its brake you will get new one with no charge and not need to send the old one or to pay shipping. They made from special flex cast material. Also 5kg hammer will not damage them. More info soon

Thanks guys

#10174 3 years ago

Hot damn, it will be another must have Hobbit mod

#10175 3 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

If its brake you will get new one with no charge and not need to send the old one or to pay shipping. They made from special flex cast material. Also 5kg hammer will not damage them. More info soon
Thanks guys

When is this going to become available for ordering?

#10176 3 years ago

Hey Hobbiteers, looking for some assistance.

Been having on and off issues with light boards in my game. Here's a gameplay example of what happens. The game will play normally for a while and then the lights will lock up and Smaug's mouth freezes. A reboot will bring everything back but after a bit of gameplay it will happen again:

So far I've done the following:

1. Sent BAG board in for repair from JJP, since that has been a common point of failure for issues like this. JJP determined it to not be repairable so I received a brand new one. Lights kept locking up.
2. Through troubleshooting (swapping boards around, testing new Ethernet cables, etc.), figured out that one of the three RGB LED Controller Boards went bad (Part # 15-0031-00).
3. Purchased a replacement and everything worked for a while, then eventually a second one went bad. Purchased a replacement and eventually the third went bad.

It seems like something in the game is killing these boards. Any tips on how to figure out what is doing it and how to remedy the issue?

Thanks!

hobbit (resized).jpghobbit (resized).jpg
#10177 3 years ago

Photo 1 is Bill's Smaug's Hoard Arkenstone mounted on the back pillar sculpture with glue dot. The stone is 25mm diameter & light enough to attach/hold with a single glue dot. I think it's very dramatic. It can be purchased from superskillshot.com for $60. One drawback is it's too small for proper back lighting with a pulsating LED. It's also the same size as the Arkenstone in the pile of gold & might be too redundant for Trumpanche.

Notice the dragon eye installed @ the back left indicator light! Glass dragon eye is 14mm diameter, purchased from Amazon. Your options are 14mm & 20mm. Both sizes work but I decided on the smaller size.

Photo 2 is the unfinished installation of the larger (35mm) Arkenstone on the back pillar sculpture. It pulsates! It is back lit with a 12v blue 3 LED strip cut to 1, purchased from cometpinball.com. Go to cometpinall.com, click on All Products...Matrix...Lights & Wiring...12v Lighting Strip 3SMD. You can cut the 3 LED strip to one (instruction for cutting: click Light Strip, 6.3v). You also need to click on Matrix Extension Wires.

I used the matrix wire extensions to reach the 12v power source connector in the left front cabinet corner near the start button & connected/used Trumpanche's variable mode harness. I set it to pulsate. Of course that meant I left the Bill's Arkenstone Start Button flashing. The LED wires drape down in front of the sculpture and exit the playfield between the metal ramps on the left side. With remount the Thorin Action fig., the wires are not that big of a distraction.

Special Note: If you use a Hobbit cabinet power source, it's 12v. To avoid overheating/electrical fire, you must use a 12v LED, not 6.3v or less!!!

I will attempt to post a video of the finished installation later this week. It is really dramatic/unbelievable. If there is a market for the larger stone, back lighted or not, maybe we can convince Bill Hanson to produce them.

Thanks Bill Hanson for the Arkenstone & Trumpanche for the variable mode harness!!

Smaug's Hoard Arkenstone 001 (resized).JPGSmaug's Hoard Arkenstone 001 (resized).JPGPrelim. Stone Mount 002 (resized).JPGPrelim. Stone Mount 002 (resized).JPG
#10178 3 years ago

Thanks guys

Wow! Im in!

#10179 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hot damn, it will be another must have Hobbit mod

Definitely! Especially the spider.

It looks like a mouldy oreo cookie.

#10180 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

I will attempt to post a video of the finished installation later this week. It is really dramatic/unbelievable. If there is a market for the larger stone, back lighted or not, maybe we can convince Bill Hanson to produce them.

Thanks for the plug, I have the material to make the 30mm (1.2") diameter Arkenstone, with a flat base as well. Here's the link:
https://superskillshot.com/products/arkenstone-unlit-1-4-for-the-hobbit

I'll have some in inventory by the end of the week.
Bill Hanson

Unlit Arkenstone 1.2 inch side (resized).jpgUnlit Arkenstone 1.2 inch side (resized).jpg
#10181 3 years ago

KevInBuffalo - I had identical symptoms and my fix was to make Smaug’s mouth move better (keep in mind his mouth is wired to the BAG board... so it’s not completely insane to think they are related). I put a rubber band on his mechanism and the problem never recurred.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/191#post-6030172

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Been having on and off issues with light boards in my game. Here's a gameplay example of what happens. The game will play normally for a while and then the lights will lock up and Smaug's mouth freezes. A reboot will bring everything back but after a bit of gameplay it will happen again:
1. Sent BAG board in for repair from JJP, since that has been a common point of failure for issues like this. JJP determined it to not be repairable so I received a brand new one. Lights kept locking up.
2. Through troubleshooting (swapping boards around, testing new Ethernet cables, etc.), figured out that one of the three RGB LED Controller Boards went bad (Part # 15-0031-00).
3. Purchased a replacement and everything worked for a while, then eventually a second one went bad. Purchased a replacement and eventually the third went bad.
It seems like something in the game is killing these boards. Any tips on how to figure out what is doing it and how to remedy the issue?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

#10182 3 years ago

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Kevin,

I had the same issue in my Hobbit (built 7/14/16) that starting occurring at about 8 months or so after I received it. Exactly as your video indicates. I replaced the BAG board in 2017 and never had the issue again. I have no idea what caused the BAG board to go bad, but it hasn't again since the replacement. I would think it may be power supply related. Perhaps ask JJP if they think replacing the PS would help?

#10183 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Photo 1 is Bill's Smaug's Hoard Arkenstone mounted on the back pillar sculpture with glue dot. The stone is 25mm diameter & light enough to attach/hold with a single glue dot. I think it's very dramatic. It can be purchased from superskillshot.com for $60. One drawback is it's too small for proper back lighting with a pulsating LED. It's also the same size as the Arkenstone in the pile of gold & might be too redundant for Trumpanche.
Notice the dragon eye installed @ the back left indicator light! Glass dragon eye is 14mm diameter, purchased from Amazon. Your options are 14mm & 20mm. Both sizes work but I decided on the smaller size.
Photo 2 is the unfinished installation of the larger (35mm) Arkenstone on the back pillar sculpture. It pulsates! It is back lit with a 12v blue 3 LED strip cut to 1, purchased from cometpinball.com. Go to cometpinall.com, click on All Products...Matrix...Lights & Wiring...12v Lighting Strip 3SMD. You can cut the 3 LED strip to one (instruction for cutting: click Light Strip, 6.3v). You also need to click on Matrix Extension Wires.
I used the matrix wire extensions to reach the 12v power source connector in the left front cabinet corner near the start button & connected/used Trumpanche's variable mode harness. I set it to pulsate. Of course that meant I left the Bill's Arkenstone Start Button flashing. The LED wires drape down in front of the sculpture and exit the playfield between the metal ramps on the left side. With remount the Thorin Action fig., the wires are not that big of a distraction.
Special Note: If you use a Hobbit cabinet power source, it's 12v. To avoid overheating/electrical fire, you must use a 12v LED, not 6.3v or less!!!
Thanks Bill Hanson for the Arkenstone & Trumpanche for the variable mode harness!![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work Doc! Any more pics of the eye when it’s lit up?

#10184 3 years ago

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I know a few people already replied, but I will also share that my game did the same thing early on when I got it and replacing the bag board, resetting wires, etc. none of that worked. It started the same way as yours. Even with the play lights freezing up, Smaug's mouth not moving, etc. Eventually, I lost all lighting except for the GI and the spotlights. After days of back and forth, new bag board, phone call with JJP testing RGB boards sequentially, and many hours of pulling my hair out, it just ended up being a defective mini USB cable that goes from the board to the PCB.

I just happened to have one long enough that I used to charge my PS4 controllers. I just replaced the one in the game with that one and everything magically resolved itself: all lighting back, Smaug's mouth moving, etc. It's been about 8-9 months since and the issue never came back. I would recommend checking that easy solution first before going through the headache of troubleshooting everything else like I did.

#10185 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Finally found the root cause, the green wire broke off at the mystery target in case anyone ever has a similar issue.

#10186 3 years ago

Finally found the root cause, the green wire broke off at the mystery target in case anyone ever has a similar issue.

Yep, broken common wire...

#10187 3 years ago

Thanks for all the tips on my Hobbit issue -- I'm gonna try to dig into it tonight and will report back!

#10188 3 years ago

Thanks guys

let me just pass over my IRA/401k to you Lior! waiting for my book cover/barrel mod and now have my lock down bar sculpted piece installed. That lockdown piece is amazing!

#10189 3 years ago

Hey guys one pinsider was very nice to respond to me, but anyone else dealt with a crooked smaug jaw and how to fix it? Is there screws underneath the jaw that need adjusting? Mine is just off center and doesnt look right, looks like a crooked beak, and it bothers me! His jaw wasnt crooked in the movie.

Thanks

#10190 3 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the ball auto launching once it goes into the shooter lane?

It's intermittent and does happen once or twice during a complete game

#10191 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys one pinsider was very nice to respond to me, but anyone else dealt with a crooked smaug jaw and how to fix it? Is there screws underneath the jaw that need adjusting? Mine is just off center and doesnt look right, looks like a crooked beak, and it bothers me! His jaw wasnt crooked in the movie.
Thanks

Have you disassembled him to see what the mechanism looks like? Maybe something bent or a grommet missing or something?

#10192 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Have you disassembled him to see what the mechanism looks like? Maybe something bent or a grommet missing or something?

Thanks man, I guess I will try it

#10193 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Has anyone had an issue with the ball auto launching once it goes into the shooter lane?
It's intermittent and does happen once or twice during a complete game

Sounds like a bent/loose/poorly adjusted/broken shooter lane switch. Or a trough opto?

Try adjusting the switch and cleaning the optos. Does the shooter lane switch work with a ball in test?

#10194 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Thanks Bill Hanson for the Arkenstone & Trumpanche for the variable mode harness!![quoted image][quoted image]

ATTENTION: You CAN'T use the 12v 3SMD, cut to 1 LED, sold by Comet Pinball as described in #10177 post. You can't cut it!!! and have it work. After corresponding with Comet Pinball, they recommend their 6.3v 3SMD strip, cut to 1, and purchase their brightness adjuster in the matrix products to reduce the voltage.

Question for Pinsiders, Trumpanche included: I'm presently using the 12v power source with Trumpanche's mode harness set to the slow pulsate mode using the 6.3v LED strip. To me, that means that the 12v current is not always maximum. Is it still safe to use the 6.3v strip? Also, there is a brightness button on the harness. I could cut down the brightness. Wouldn't that of course cut down the voltage, the same purpose as installing Comet Pinball's brightness adjuster?

#10195 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

ATTENTION: You CAN'T use the 12v 3SMD, cut to 1 LED, sold by Comet Pinball as described in #10177 post. You can't cut it!!! and have it work. After corresponding with Comet Pinball, they recommend their 6.3v 3SMD strip, cut to 1, and purchase their brightness adjuster in the matrix products to reduce the voltage.
Question for Pinsiders, Trumpanche included: I'm presently using the 12v power source with Trumpanche's mode harness set to the slow pulsate mode using the 6.3v LED strip. To me, that means that the 12v current is not always maximum. Is it still safe to use the 6.3v strip? Also, there is a brightness button on the harness. I could cut down the brightness. Wouldn't that of course cut down the voltage, the same purpose as installing Comet Pinball's brightness adjuster?

If you back light the Arkenstone with JJP 12v power source, you'll need use the brightness adjuster, either from Comet Pinball or the brightness button on Trumpanche mode harness to reduce the voltage. I hooked up the 6.3v LED to the 12v power source/mode harness & set it to slow pulsate. I did not reduce the brightness/voltage. After 3 minutes, the LED started to smoke. I'm going to reduce the brightness on the harness & see what happens (not now, I'm too depressed & tired of lifting that heavy playfield). Additional Post To Follow, hopefully with a video.

Note: Why does JJP use a 12v power source for it's LED's? With my Stern games (LE Hulk & Tron Pro), I have the options for 5v or 10v sources with Molex connectors. The 12v power source in my LE Hobbit is giving me problems with the dragon eye/red indicator light mod.

#10196 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

If you back light the Arkenstone with JJP 12v power source, you'll need use the brightness adjuster, either from Comet Pinball or the brightness button on Trumpanche mode harness to reduce the voltage. I hooked up the 6.3v LED to the 12v power source/mode harness & set it to slow pulsate. I did not reduce the brightness/voltage. After 3 minutes, the LED started to smoke. I'm going to reduce the brightness on the harness & see what happens (not now, I'm too depressed & tired of lifting that heavy playfield). Additional Post To Follow, hopefully with a video.
Note: Why does JJP use a 12v power source for it's LED's? With my Stern games (LE Hulk & Tron Pro), I have the options for 5v or 10v sources with Molex connectors. The 12v power source in my LE Hobbit is giving me problems with the dragon eye/red indicator light mod.

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to do, but using a 5v led with a 12v power using a dimmer is not going to work and you are playing with fire doing it that way. An easy way to do it is get a 12v strip, cut it into a section of 3 and tape over two of the three leds with electrical tape. As comet told you, you can’t cut 12v strips into single leds. We use voltage regulators in our mods if we need to change voltage, but for what you want to do, seems just taping over the leds might work.

#10197 3 years ago

Hi Guys, my hobbit machine displays the attached image when booting up. I tried to do a USB full install and it displays the second image. Any ideas as to what has failed? It was working fine yesterday.

h1 (resized).jpgh1 (resized).jpgh3 (resized).jpgh3 (resized).jpg
#10198 3 years ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

Any ideas as to what has failed?

I'd suspect the SSD failed. Stick in a new one. Then do a full install again.

#10199 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to do, but using a 5v led with a 12v power using a dimmer is not going to work and you are playing with fire doing it that way. An easy way to do it is get a 12v strip, cut it into a section of 3 and tape over two of the three leds with electrical tape. As comet told you, you can’t cut 12v strips into single leds. We use voltage regulators in our mods if we need to change voltage, but for what you want to do, seems just taping over the leds might work.

Thanks for your response. Gregory of Comet Pinball recommended use of his matrix brightness adjuster to reduce the voltage. He originally told me, via email, that you could cut his 12v 3SMD strip down to one. I did but it didn't work. He later said he was incorrect. He now states: "You can cut my 6.3v strip, but not the 12v." Using a 3 LED strip, with 2 LEDS taped over, will not work. The Arkenstone that I want to back light is only 35mm in diameter.

What does the voltage regulator look like? Do you sell them. Is it like a 120v converter system down to 5v, 10v, etc. They are quite large. Forgive my electrical ignorance.

#10200 3 years ago

Yeah, just like the pros at Lermods said, I use a 12V LED strip and electrical tape over two of the three LEDs for my Smaug’s Horde Arkenstone mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/05011-lamp-for-smaug-s-horde-arkenstone

And I use one of these to make it pulse, just like the start button one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/04965-lamp-controller-for-hobbit-playfield-mods

I’d say voltage is just a design choice... prob no single reason Stern and JJP use dif voltages.

Quoted from docdeath:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.