IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 260.
#9851 3 years ago

Back in the club! This time with my personal preference - Smaug edition. Has that elite topper too. Pretty cool - still thinking if it's worth to hold on to it or let it go. Will see when I set her up.

I will say the market for this game is much different than when I sold my BA last year. Maybe bad timing but it just seems very popular. I get the industry is on fire with every game seeming harder to get these days but hobbit used to be available everywhere. I wouldn't have believed it either until I tried to get one haha.

20210226_114400 (resized).jpg20210226_114400 (resized).jpg20210226_114414 (resized).jpg20210226_114414 (resized).jpg

#9852 3 years ago

Last night I made it to Barrel Escape multiball, all the way to the last stage, last shot lit up for the final super jackpot. Two balls left and I choked on such an easy shot three times, drain, end of multiball.

Legolas is still Barrel Escape champion.

For now...

#9853 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Back in the club! This time with my personal preference - Smaug edition. Has that elite topper too. Pretty cool - still thinking if it's worth to hold on to it or let it go. Will see when I set her up.
I will say the market for this game is much different than when I sold my BA last year. Maybe bad timing but it just seems very popular. I get the industry is on fire with every game seeming harder to get these days but hobbit used to be available everywhere. I wouldn't have believed it either until I tried to get one haha.
[quoted image][quoted image]

At least you found one man congrats. I’m thinking that you can’t pick this beauty up for peanuts like in the past. It’s just so much pin for its foot print. Once you get it all set up let us know what you think about the topper if you can.

#9854 3 years ago
Quoted from Modelvisionary:

I got a request to make an Arkenstone using the recessed button on the machine. It's not as impressive as the other two, but I managed to create the same depth of color and brilliance in a more subtle version. Peaking out of the dragon's hoard, glowing just enough for a sharp-eyed Hobbit thief to find it.
It's a bit easier to make which is reflected in the price. I'm extending the One Ring offer for the Low Profile version, total price for both $179.
https://superskillshot.com/products/arkenstone-low-profile-lighted-start-button-for-the-hobbit?_pos=2&_sid=b1466b948&_ss=r[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think this MAY be my favorite - I love how it blends in but still gives that razzle dazzle! And how do people not already have your shooter rod? It's a no brainer!! I got your shooter rod before I got the game (which I admit is a little extreme, but true!)

BTW I tried the rod with all of the springs Marco offers and ended up liking the plain "silver" strength spring the best. I think it's just one step stiffer than the original.

#9855 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

In-out ... in-out ... @delt31. Deja vous for you on JJP games it seems, but they're certainly worthy of the reconsideration!

Congrats and welcome back to the club! Cool topper to boot. Lovin' my Smaug Gold and EHT!

20210226_215134_resized (resized).jpg20210226_215134_resized (resized).jpg

#9856 3 years ago

Dialed In is worthy too. Get em before the Stern Army wake from their hypnosis.

#9857 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

In-out ... in-out ... delt31. Deja vous for you on JJP games it seems, but they're certainly worthy of the reconsideration!
Congrats and welcome back to the club! Cool topper to boot. Lovin' my Smaug Gold and EHT!
[quoted image]

Hmmmmm looks very familiar. Oh yeah I have literally the same layout haha

20210227_101251 (resized).jpg20210227_101251 (resized).jpg20210227_101254 (resized).jpg20210227_101254 (resized).jpg
#9858 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmmmmm looks very familiar. Oh yeah I have literally the same layout haha

Yep - love JJP's widebody games!

#9859 3 years ago

Can someone help me understand how you get extra balls in this game?

I swear, one game I'll play, and I'll quickly get 3 EBs, and then for many games following, I can't pick up a single one.

#9860 3 years ago

One of them is qualified by completing all the mode qualifiers then hit the blue drop that will cycle around the playfield twice before its too late.

#9861 3 years ago

15 or 20 captive ball (Thorin) will light an extra ball. I think if you collect all dwarves in feast frenzy will light extra ball. Maybe 5 or so barrel knock overs will light it. These are adjustable in the settings. I'm not 100% sure about these. I have similar games where extra balls are everywhere.

#9862 3 years ago

Don’t know why it took me so long to purchase this bag end mod by pinworlds. It’s amazing!

5C54D84A-7C80-4575-8FA7-60613265A60D (resized).jpeg5C54D84A-7C80-4575-8FA7-60613265A60D (resized).jpeg
#9863 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Don’t know why it took me so long to purchase this bag end mod by pinworlds. It’s amazing!
[quoted image]

I just installed mine today as well as the gate mod.

I have to say the Bag End mod was extremely well thought out and easy to install.
Its a beautiful model and fits perfectly with the over all look of the game.
I bought it from mezelmods.com.

The gate mod was so incredibly easy to install it took all of 2 mins to do it.

Ill report back on the modified gameplay. It looks really good.

#9864 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - love JJP's widebody games!

The world will never see loaded wide bodies like that again for some time.

Or at least not near future.

#9865 3 years ago

Prophets.

What are you gunna do?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#9866 3 years ago

I upgraded to the larger One Ring and have no need for the original smaller One ring. It's in perfect condition. $75 shipped in CONTUS, PM if interested.

IMG_1687 (resized).jpgIMG_1687 (resized).jpgIMG_1688 (resized).jpgIMG_1688 (resized).jpgIMG_1689 (resized).jpgIMG_1689 (resized).jpgIMG_1690 (resized).jpgIMG_1690 (resized).jpg

#9867 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I just installed mine today as well as the gate mod.
I have to say the Bag End mod was extremely well thought out and easy to install.
Its a beautiful model and fits perfectly with the over all look of the game.
I bought it from mezelmods.com.
The gate mod was so incredibly easy to install it took all of 2 mins to do it.
Ill report back on the modified gameplay. It looks really good.

I played a few games with the added ball gate last night.

Its pretty shocking as to how different the game play is with this slight addition.

The upper right flipper is used continuously now. I find myself adjusting strategy as to what to hit off from the upper left flipper pretty much all the time.

I was making shots that I forgot you could make!

My score didnt go up much but, a new excitement was brought into the game that I havent felt in years.

I did get a ball hang on the right corner under it that was quickly nudged out, but I might have it set too far to the right?
ball gale (resized).jpgball gale (resized).jpg

It went a little crooked after a few games but the gate swings freely for the most part.

Im going to pull it off and move it up maybe 3/32" and see if its better. Its just stuck on with clear VHB tape, I have plenty of that on hand.

This will be a permanent addition to my game for sure! But Im worried about long term durability

How long before I can get a steel part that I can rivet to the plastic? Im in if you want to make some up.

#9868 3 years ago

pinballinreno Thanks so much for the feedback! It looks like you positioned it perfectly (although it's been knocked off a bit, as you said). The way the wire gate is formed, it shouldn't be possible to get a ball trap on the right side, which makes me think I may not have bent the 'stop' tab far enough up on your gate. If the gate sags too far and the ball's moving super slow, it's possible to get stuck over there. The gate is supposed to be in line with or above the exit guide rail on the right side. It's also supposed to look like the one in the picture attached here. You should be able to bend it a bit more with a couple of pliers, but I'm happy to send you another wire too.

I think the hangers/rail moving out of position is likely related to the ball trap issue, so I think once we get your gate in the right shape, you won't have any more trouble with the hangers moving on you. Do be sure and squish the tape down good, though, too. The latest version in my machine has lasted for hours and hours, so I'm hoping this is a one-time phenomenon.

BTW - sounds like you already have extra tape you can use, but for those who don't, I always include a spare Rail with tape pre-installed in the kit in case something like this happens and the original tape gets fouled.

I played a few games with the added ball gate last night.
Its pretty shocking as to how different the game play is with this slight addition.
The upper right flipper is used continuously now. I find myself adjusting strategy as to what to hit off from the upper left flipper pretty much all the time.
I was making shots that I forgot you could make!
My score didnt go up much but, a new excitement was brought into the game that I havent felt in years.
I did get a ball hang on the right corner under it that was quickly nudged out, but I might have it set too far to the right?
[quoted image]
It went a little crooked after a few games but the gate swings freely for the most part.
Im going to pull it off and move it up maybe 3/32" and see if its better. Its just stuck on with clear VHB tape, I have plenty of that on hand.
This will be a permanent addition to my game for sure! But Im worried about long term durability
How long before I can get a steel part that I can rivet to the plastic? Im in if you want to make some up.

IMG_1721 4 (resized).jpgIMG_1721 4 (resized).jpg

#9869 3 years ago

Finally got to meet up with my buddy and pick up the 3D prints. The fit and finish is solid so I've posted the print files to Thingiverse. You will need to print two of the gate holders and one center brace. Print time is less than 15 minutes and it uses less than 2 cents of PLA. I know some people have mentioned they do not own or have access to a 3D printer but keep in mind there are plenty of websites out there that will print and ship the parts to you for just a few bucks. Many public libraries here in the US now also offer 3D printer time for a small donation.

For the gate itself, I wanted to see how cheap I could go for this first test. As such, I used a large paper clip that I bent into the needed shape. I'm amazed how well it is working, just flawless so far in testing. Once the Pandemic is over, I'll make a run to Lowes and pick up some 0.06" music wire to test a beefier gate. If you go the paperclip route, your all up cost is under ten cents after double sided tape. If you get fancy with the music wire, you may be closer to a full dollar to finish the project.

Once you have the gate mostly bent, add the gate holders and then glue them to the center brace with a few drops of super glue. My gate is about half an inch down for a size reference when bending. The two alignment holes will keep everything nice and square as the glue dries over a few seconds. Add a small strip of double sided tape in the space between the two gate holders and install in the game. It's just that simple. I'm not convinced it adds a ton to the game or how I attack it yet but I'll continue to test with it and see if it grows on me. Enjoy!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4780354

20210301_142517 (resized).jpg20210301_142517 (resized).jpg20210301_142529 (resized).jpg20210301_142529 (resized).jpg20210301_142542 (resized).jpg20210301_142542 (resized).jpg
#9870 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Finally got to meet up with my buddy and pick up the 3D prints. The fit and finish is solid so I've posted the print files to Thingiverse. You will need to print two of the gate holders and one center brace. Print time is less than 15 minutes and it uses less than 2 cents of PLA. I know some people have mentioned they do not own or have access to a 3D printer but keep in mind there are plenty of websites out there that will print and ship the parts to you for just a few bucks. Many public libraries here in the US now also offer 3D printer time for a small donation.
For the gate itself, I wanted to see how cheap I could go for this first test. As such, I used a large paper clip that I bent into the needed shape. I'm amazed how well it is working, just flawless so far in testing. Once the Pandemic is over, I'll make a run to Lowes and pick up some 0.06" music wire to test a beefier gate. If you go the paperclip route, your all up cost is under ten cents after double sided tape. If you get fancy with the music wire, you may be closer to a full dollar to finish the project.
Once you have the gate mostly bent, add the gate holders and then glue them to the center brace with a few drops of super glue. My gate is about half an inch down for a size reference when bending. The two alignment holes will keep everything nice and square as the glue dries over a few seconds. Add a small strip of double sided tape in the space between the two gate holders and install in the game. It's just that simple. I'm not convinced it adds a ton to the game or how I attack it yet but I'll continue to test with it and see if it grows on me. Enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thank you for posting the 3d print and sharing for others to mod. Looks good and will print this up tonight!

#9871 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really this mod is a keeper.

Who wants to fab up a few out of steel brackets that I can rivet on?

Long term durability is the factor here...

Pinball is a lot like automotive. Parts get beat to crap. Even steel plate gets torn and beat...

Make it out of steel and you have a winner!

#9872 3 years ago

Valid concern! I’d counter, though, that using softer materials that can naturally deflect and absorb impact energy is an alternative valid way to ensure long term reliability and better protect your original printed plastic, so I wouldn’t count out the ABS/PETG

Plus, I can always send you a replacement hanger or rail and you can swap it out in seconds, but I can’t replace your plastic - and that’s way more hassle!

Really this mod is a keeper.
Who want to fab up a few out of steel brackets that I can rivet on.
Long term durability is the factor here...
Pinball is a lot like automotive. Parts get beat to crap. Even steel plate gets torn and beat...
Make it out of steel and you have a winner!

#9873 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Valid concern! I’d counter, though, that using softer materials that can naturally deflect and absorb impact energy is an alternative valid way to ensure long term reliability and better protect your original printed plastic, so I wouldn’t count out the ABS/PETG
Plus, I can always send you a replacement hanger or rail and you can swap it out in seconds, but I can’t replace your plastic - and that’s way more hassle!

Good point. I can replace the gate - but the plastic would be a pain.

#9874 3 years ago

If anyone is planning on selling Hobbit in the Midwest, please look me up. Willing to travel within 4-5 hours of Cincinnati. I do have an ad posted as well. Thanks!

#9875 3 years ago

I want to second / third / 10th that the bag end gate mod is a game changer - literally. Not only do I not get the super frustrating SDTM after hitting a clean pop bumper shot but it gave me so much more practice at using my upper flipper that I killed Smaug tonight for the first time ever and did it with my black arrow upper flipper. So thanks trumpanche for making this!

#9876 3 years ago

I slightly lifted my gate mod and pressed the crooked hinge further in to be tighter against the plastic.

I played 3 games and no ball hangs.

The mod is worth every penny. Yes it could be cheaper. Yes you can make it yourself, etc.

But the guy who envisioned it and did the research deserves to be rewarded.

This mod is never leaving.

Pleas make one out of steel for long term durability, its not too hard to do, it just needs to be done.

Ill be your first customer.

#9877 3 years ago

I slightly lifted my gate mod and pressed the crooked hinge further in to be tighter against the plastic.
The mod is worth every penny. Yes it could be cheaper. Yes you can make it yourself, etc.
Pleas make one out of steel for long term durability, its not too hard to do, it just needs to be done.

Also the bag end model that covers the gate is awesome!

#9878 3 years ago

Could not agree more with what you said!
Love both mods.
I just checked my gate mod and after dozen's of plays it has not moved and I've had no ball hang ups.

#9879 3 years ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

If anyone is planning on selling Hobbit in the Midwest, please look me up. Willing to travel within 4-5 hours of Cincinnati. I do have an ad posted as well. Thanks!

Good luck in your search. Hobbit really is a special game. I have had mine for about a year and can't believe how much I enjoy this pin and I never watched the movies till a few moths ago.

#9880 3 years ago

Y'all are way too kind - I'm so glad y'all are enjoying the Gate!

HornerSyndrome Congrat's on downing the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities! I'm still yet to not completely spaz and drain all my balls as soon as the shot on Smaug is available One day, though, I'll spaz lucky instead of spaz'ing unlucky

pinballinreno glad the adjustment worked for you! The offer stands, though - if it's not reliable for you, just give me a shout and I'll stick another kit in the mail!

Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I want to second / third / 10th that the bag end gate mod is a game changer - literally. Not only do I not get the super frustrating SDTM after hitting a clean pop bumper shot but it gave me so much more practice at using my upper flipper that I killed Smaug tonight for the first time ever and did it with my black arrow upper flipper. So thanks trumpanche for making this!

Quoted from dug:

Could not agree more with what you said!
Love both mods.
I just checked my gate mod and after dozen's of plays it has not moved and I've had no ball hang ups.

#9881 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

The offer stands, though - if it's not reliable for you, just give me a shout and I'll stick another kit in the mail!

Ill definitely let you know, Im pretty good at playing hard and giving parts a rough workout.

#9882 3 years ago

Printed the gate mod and have tried piano wire and stainless welding rod (tough to bend). So far the piano wire is working well, it's a tad light so the bumpers tend to cause it to bounce back up from time to time and the ball rolls back through but gives a new dynamic. I appreciate the that idea was brought back and enjoy building the mods myself.

20210304_155352 (resized).jpg20210304_155352 (resized).jpg20210304_155432 (resized).jpg20210304_155432 (resized).jpg
#9883 3 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Printed the gate mod and have tried piano wire and stainless welding rod (tough to bend). So far the piano wire is working well, it's a tad light so the bumpers tend to cause it to bounce back up from time to time and the ball rolls back through but gives a new dynamic. I appreciate the that idea was brought back and enjoy building the mods myself.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Energyspike Looks good! The ones I offer don't have 100% success at keeping the ball in the pops either - there's always that random chance it sneaks back past the gate. And I think you're right - the heavier wire in my kits does seem to keep it up there more often than the lightweight paperclips from my early prototypes.

Welcome to the exclusive Gated Community

#9884 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

energyspike Looks good! The ones I offer don't have 100% success at keeping the ball in the pops either - there's always that random chance it sneaks back past the gate. And I think you're right - the heavier wire in my kits does seem to keep it up there more often than the lightweight paperclips from my early prototypes.
Welcome to the exclusive Gated Community

Agreed, in regard to the gate wire. I do find myself shooting the bumpers more often and due to the gate, getting more bumper action as it seems to stay in longer. When funneling to the 3rd flipper I get the more frequent call outs by Gandalf saying to hit the dwarf target. It's a nice addition and improvement to an already awesome game.

#9885 3 years ago

I moved the Hobbit Ring from the book cover (photo #3, a previous Hobbit owners thread post) to atop of the game back panel pillar sculpture (photos #1 & #2) because I purchase the Sculped Book Cover & Stand from The Art of Pinball. I haven't received it yet, but I did it in preparation for it's arrival, perhaps not until June. Of the mods I've purchased, including the many action figures, some of which I've modified, three stand out: barrel playfield lights, bag end gate and the Sculpted Book Cover & Stand.

HOBBIT RING 002 (resized).JPGHOBBIT RING 002 (resized).JPGHOBBIT RING 003 (resized).JPGHOBBIT RING 003 (resized).JPGhobbit ring 1 001 (resized).JPGhobbit ring 1 001 (resized).JPG
#9886 3 years ago

I finally got good enough at Hobbit to notice the "weak flippers as gameplay goes on" issue. I think I saw where some of you were installing fans to try and cool flipper coils during gameplay, but has anyone figured out a less invasive/easier solution? Thanks in advance!

#9887 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I finally got good enough at Hobbit to notice the "weak flippers as gameplay goes on" issue. I think I saw where some of you were installing fans to try and cool flipper coils during gameplay, but has anyone figured out a less invasive/easier solution? Thanks in advance!

I, for one, am ready for the Monk fans!

#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

I, for one, am ready for the Monk fans!

What is that?

#9889 3 years ago

Flipper coil cooling kit from Pin Monk. Still developing final kit for JJP games.

Here's his Stern Spike 2 one:

https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

#9890 3 years ago

Tuna_Delight Is overheating of flipper coils a common problem? I have two Stern & one JJP games and haven't notice over heating. This is the first time I've herd of this problem. Maybe it's because my games do not have extended, greater than one hour, play. My son has 23 pinball machines and has also not notice a problem with over heating coils in any of his games. I've been on Pinside for 10+yrs. and this is the first I've heard of this problem.

#9891 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

tuna_delight Is overheating of flipper coils a common problem?

The issue of flipper power fade has apparently arisen on some newer games if they are played non-stop for 30-60 minutes or more.

#9892 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

tuna_delight Is overheating of flipper coils a common problem? I have two Stern & one JJP games and haven't notice over heating. This is the first time I've herd of this problem. Maybe it's because my games do not have extended, greater than one hour, play. My son has 23 pinball machines and has also not notice a problem with over heating coils in any of his games. I've been on Pinside for 10+yrs. and this is the first I've heard of this problem.

The coils aren't overheating. That is not the issue. As the coils heat up they lose their 'POP'. You will notice this on most modern games especially when having a long game, long multiballs etc.. where the flippers are getting a lot of use and not much time to cool off.
Typically when this happens you think, 'is it just me or are these flippers not as powerful as they were earlier?' If you have ever said or thought this you have probably been experiencing flipper fade.
If you have never noticed it, it probably won't ever bother you. If you have noticed it, you will want to do something about it.

I don't know if Pinmonk coined the term flipper fade or not (maybe) but he seems to be the first person to actually do something about it. I have seen passive radiators used before to cool off coils but this is the first active cooling solution that I am aware of. I can't wait to get these on my JJPs.

#9893 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The coils aren't overheating. That is not the issue. As the coils heat up they lose their 'POP'. You will notice this on most modern games especially when having a long game, long multiballs etc.. where the flippers are getting a lot of use and not much time to cool off.
Typically when this happens you think, 'is it just me or are these flippers not as powerful as they were earlier?' If you have ever said or thought this you have probably been experiencing flipper fade.
If you have never noticed it, it probably won't ever bother you. If you have noticed it, you will want to do something about it.
I don't know if Pinmonk coined the term flipper fade or not (maybe) but he seems to be the first person to actually do something about it. I have seen passive radiators used before to cool off coils but this is the first active cooling solution that I am aware of. I can't wait to get these on my JJPs.

Thanks !

#9894 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

tuna_delight Is overheating of flipper coils a common problem? I have two Stern & one JJP games and haven't notice over heating. This is the first time I've herd of this problem. Maybe it's because my games do not have extended, greater than one hour, play. My son has 23 pinball machines and has also not notice a problem with over heating coils in any of his games. I've been on Pinside for 10+yrs. and this is the first I've heard of this problem.

Flipper fade has been around for a long time.

It most notably started with LOTR, At the time, LOTR was noticeably one of the longest playing games with the deepest rule-set, games would go on for an hour or more in the hopes of reaching Valinor.

It has to do mostly with the flipper hold system when you hold the flipper up for an extended amount of time they get hot.

As people get better at pinball they cradle the balls more and time out modes more to get further into a game.

Recent games that also have a deep rule-set and tend to be multiball heavy, get a lot more flipper action that heats up the coils.

Hot solenoid coils have more electrical resistance. More resistance gives you less power for the plungers.

Adding cooling fans to LOTR on route games has helped to solve the problems.

I think that adding cooling systems to newer modern games can drastically reduce flipper fade.

It might also be sorted out with code improvements or different flipper hold systems.

#9895 3 years ago

Flipper fade has been around for a long time.
It most notably started with LOTR, At the time, LOTR was noticeably one of the longest playing games with the deepest rule-set, games would go on for an hour or more in the hopes of reaching Valinor.
It has to do mostly with the flipper hold system when you hold the flipper up for an extended amount of time they get hot.
As people get better at pinball they cradle the balls more and time out modes more to get further into a game.
Recent games that also have a deep rule-set and tend to be multiball heavy, get a lot more flipper action that heats up the coils.
Hot solenoid coils have more electrical resistance. More resistance gives you less power for the plungers.
Adding cooling fans to LOTR on route games has helped to solve the problems.
I think that adding cooling systems to newer modern games can drastically reduce flipper fade.
It might also be sorted out with code improvements or different flipper hold systems.

Thanks for the info. Does one have to purchase 3 cooling fans for the Hobbit 3 flippers? Would it be possible to buy one fan to cool both lower flipper coils? Are there free spaces under the HEAVY playfield to mount them? I don't want to lift it now to find out. Do the fans run on 5v or 10v?

As a Side Note: Thank God for Pinside & pinball machines to deal with the Covid-19 isolation & depression. If pinsiders have'nt, donate now!

#9896 3 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

Thanks for the info. Does one have to purchase 3 cooling fans for the Hobbit 3 flippers? Would it be possible to buy one fan to cool both lower flipper coils? Are there free spaces under the HEAVY playfield to mount them? I don't want to lift it now to find out. Do the fans run on 5v or 10v?
As a Side Note: Thank God for Pinside & pinball machines to deal with the Covid-19 isolation & depression. If pinsiders have'nt, donate now!

I'd only worry about the lower two flippers. The fans run on 12 volts taken from the bill accepter. The fans are about $4 each on Digikey. You would have to design a bracket to hold them.

#9897 3 years ago

A different variety of the Hobbit Ring Shooter Rod. Photo #1 is the rod installed. Photo#2 is an extra, new, unused, never installed rod I purchased in error. Several years ago, I bought one on eBay, forgot, and purchased a second from there website. I don't remember the website. I don't know if the website still exists or if they have any in stock. I think it was originally made for LOTR.

HOBBIT SHOOTER ROD 001 (resized).JPGHOBBIT SHOOTER ROD 001 (resized).JPGHOBBIT SHOOTER ROD 002 (resized).JPGHOBBIT SHOOTER ROD 002 (resized).JPG
#9898 3 years ago

I have the sword shooter on my hobbit. Mates give me shit about it being a hip bruiser.

One mate laughed his arse off when it got me a beauty.

#9899 3 years ago

GTO - Arkenstone start button video as promised! This is the 2-inch model. It's REALLY impressive. I added a little wiring mod to mine to make the light pulse instead of blink.

https://superskillshot.com/products/arkenstone-2-lighted-start-button-for-the-hobbit

#9900 3 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

I will add my thanks, super quick delivery and communication when I ordered. It took just a few minutes to install, and the instructions were clear, even for bit ole mitts like mine. I’ve played several games, it hasn’t moved, and the gameplay change is noticeable, especially getting the pop bumper awards on the dwarf and captive ball targets, and fewer SDTM returns obvi...

With 2 other gates in the area I’m surprised this wasn’t OEM, but there isn’t an immediate mounting area for an OEM gate, and so likely wasn’t possible, which makes this clever mount even better.

Well done Travahontas folks like you, capguntrooper and others making simple but meaningful mods are a fantastic part of Pinside!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/198 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.