IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 260.
#9801 3 years ago
Quoted from Modelvisionary:

I just added an option to buy the Arkenstone and the crystal clear One Ring shooter together for a sizeable discount, $199 for both.

Ordered a big 2-incher and shooter combo. Thanks!

#9802 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ordered a big 2-incher and shooter combo. Thanks!

Ordered both as well and had my best game ever. All 3 mini wizard and Smaug defeated. I had 28 modes played...so close!!

20210220_195312 (resized).jpg20210220_195312 (resized).jpg20210220_195320 (resized).jpg20210220_195320 (resized).jpg
#9803 3 years ago

The pinball gods must be pleased.

#9804 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Ordered both as well and had my best game ever. All 3 mini wizard and Smaug defeated. I had 28 modes played...so close!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great score

#9805 3 years ago

Holy moly - wow! I'm still yet to make it to Battle of Five Armies or to kill Smaug, but I've been a shot or two away a few times!

#9806 3 years ago

I guess I'm the one to apologize for the cost of the Arkenstone mod. It took 3 weeks in development, 5 prototypes (otherwise known as "scrap"), using materials from 9 different sources, including several toxic chemicals and 3 unique jigs for production. I'm continuing to refine it, like all of the items I build. If you have one of my One Ring shooters, the current version is the 5th generation of that item. The Ring has grown from size 16.5 to the current one that's size 22 and the mounting is more optically clear and is available in several colors. I also stand behind everything I make. I'll give you a full refund including shipping if you don't like it for any reason. I love doing the research and development but it's also nice to recoup some of that investment of time supplies.
As for the swirling image in the stone, I've tried my best to make that happen. By using an optical quality crystal half sphere, the refraction moves the color and sparkles with the slightest change in the angle you view it. Building in an air layer between two separate surfaces of color changes the refractions happening internally adding both considerable depth and complexity. The crystal also picks up area light so that it appears lit even when it's not.
This shooter rod and now button business is how I keep busy in retirement since I don't play golf and prefer to get my fish from the market instead of the Tennessee River. I have an extensive line already and if you can't find one for your machine, I'll develop one for you.
Bill Hanson
superskillshot.com
PS. To help you decide, I added a discount code PINSIDEHOBBITFORUM just for Forum members for 10% off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just tried the discount code PINSIDEHOBBITFORUM but unfortunately it does not work.
Any idea?

#9807 3 years ago

Love hate relationship.
Now it's mostly hate.
The worg head broke and i had to order this small bit of plastic for 80$. Insanely, rediculous overpriced.

While waiting im trying to play with it disabled, which means reaching beast is five times harder, since the right spinner is now acting as worg and since it's the outer inlane for worg means the ball you have to hit the spinner with is traveling really fast.
Btw if you like hard-mode, try completing into the fire with the spinner as worg. Also notice the spinner is often blocked from the right upper flipper since it's a multiball.
Grrrrr

Couldnt they have the right ramp as for when the orch is disabled?

#9808 3 years ago

My Warg face broke off recently and I was able to fairly successfully glue it back on with E6000. I have the new spare in the coin box still for when/if my repair eventually fails..

Quoted from Dr-pin:

Love hate relationship.
Now it's mostly hate.
The worg head broke and i had to order this small bit of plastic for 80$. Insanely, rediculous overpriced.
While waiting im trying to play with it disabled, which means reaching beast is five times harder, since the right spinner is now acting as worg and since it's the outer inlane for worg means the ball you have to hit the spinner with is traveling really fast.
Btw if you like hard-mode, try completing into the fire with the spinner as worg. Also notice the spinner is often blocked from the right upper flipper since it's a multiball.
Grrrrr
Couldnt they have the right ramp as for when the orch is disabled?

#9809 3 years ago

You made it thru all three wm?
Darned impressive. I've had four wm one game, but only into the fire were completed.

Only i who considered taking a break after a really good long ball?
I often feel i lack focus and feel drained after a ball.
Btw i'm talking about pinball....

#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

My Warg face broke off recently and I was able to fairly successfully glue it back on with E6000. I have the new spare in the coin box still for when/if my repair eventually fails..

Probably a good idea, but when my orch broke, i disabled it and gameplay worked just fine, so it wasnt in my mindset.

#9811 3 years ago

I installed Trumpanche's bag end gate mod.
Played a dozen games or so and I like it...
Just as described with a lot more use of the upper right flipper.
Should have been there from day 1

#9812 3 years ago

I installed the “Gate at Bag End” today ... wow, what a simple mod with HUGE gameplay improvements. Pop bumpers were more active, upper flipper was able to be used more effectively... not to mention the first game I played was the best scoring game I’m had so far. Great mod .... love it and love this pin!

#9813 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I installed the “Gate at Bag End” today ... wow, what a simple mod with HUGE gameplay improvements. Pop bumpers were more active, upper flipper was able to be used more effectively... not to mention the first game I played was the best scoring game I’m had so far. Great mod .... love it and love this pin!

I ordered one and cant wait to try it out.

Its been taking up to 6 weeks to get something priority mail here.

#9814 3 years ago

Quoted from dug:I installed Trumpanche's bag end gate mod.
Played a dozen games or so and I like it...
Just as described with a lot more use of the upper right flipper.
Should have been there from day 1

Excellent! I'm so glad you're happy with it!! I agree - it feels completely natural with how the game's rules are designed... I wonder if something like it was ever included in a white wood or drawing

Quoted from Beez:

That's awesome! I really appreciate the feedback. The Gate hasn't had that effect on my scores, but perhaps you're more adept with upper flippers than I am

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I ordered one and cant wait to try it out.
Its been taking up to 6 weeks to get something priority mail here.

Holy moly. I sure hope it doesn't take that long. For most domestic destinations, it's taking 3-5 days, but there's been some USPS "idiosyncrasies" here and there...

#9815 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Is there an external subwoofer connection on The Hobbit ??

You can plug it into the far-right hole on the back of the silver box or use a splitter where the red cable goes in , like I did . Type in subwoofer in keywords for more information .
The best upgrade you can do in my opinion .

IMG_20210222_231814 (resized).jpgIMG_20210222_231814 (resized).jpg
#9816 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I got mine last week as well, but haven't put it in yet. Looks like it will be nice to have on the game

#9817 3 years ago

Ordered the bag end mod from PinWorlds and considering the ring shooter rod.
Love this hobby!

#9818 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Love this hobby!

Those are two of my favorites! One of my other fav's is the Erebor Throne... you know, while you're shopping https://pixelsarcadegames.com/product/hobbit-pinball-erebor-throne-mod/

#9819 3 years ago

If the weather would ever get not crazy I could go grab these from my buddy and do a test fit. Once I have the size right, I'll publish the file so anyone can print their own. It's a 15 minute print and about 2 cents of PLA.

20210128_173239 (resized).jpg20210128_173239 (resized).jpg
#9820 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

If the weather would ever get not crazy I could go grab these from my buddy and do a test fit. Once I have the size right, I'll publish the file so anyone can print their own. It's a 15 minute print and about 2 cents of PLA.
[quoted image]

Let me get this straight, you are reverse engineering the mod that Travahontas developed and cutting him out by publishing the print file?

TellMeIHaveThisWrongPunkin

#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Let me get this straight, you are reverse engineering the mod that trumpanche developed and cutting him out by publishing the print file?

This is why I gave up making apps for the App Store, there is always someone ready to make a free clone of your app and tank your business.

#9822 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Let me get this straight, you are reverse engineering the mod that trumpanche developed and cutting him out by publishing the print file?

That is exactly what the first guy should have done, if people have 3D printers he should not charge them to use the design. Get it right.........nearly every modder in this forum is skirting copyright law. Let’s not judge.

#9823 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

That is exactly what the first guy should have done, if people have 3D printers he should not charge them to use the design. Get it right.........nearly every modder in this forum is skirting copyright law. Let’s not judge.

So artists should not sell paintings?

Sawmillers should not sell the wood?

What world are you from where people don't sell products so they can buy food?

All music should be publicly owned and the musicians not be paid?

That's some kind of twisted justification for stealing someone's idea mate. And I'll judge it if I feel it.

#9824 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So artists should not sell paintings?
Sawmillers should not sell the wood?
What world are you from where people don't sell products so they can buy food?
All music should be publicly owned and the musicians not be paid?
That's some kind of twisted justification for stealing someone's idea mate. And I'll judge it if I feel it.

A complete misrepresentation of my words, you moron.

The idea was neither his or original, and the solution he devised posted on the internet. It’s free for anyone to replicate or reproduce. My statement is actually defending intellectual property rights, which he has none to claim in this case.

#9825 3 years ago

A complete misrepresentation of my words, you moron.
The idea was neither his or original, and the solution he devised posted on the internet. It’s free for anyone to replicate or reproduce. My statement is actually defending intellectual property rights, which he has none to claim in this case.

I disagree with what you are saying completely. You are also contradicting yourself. So the idea for the gate there was neither his idea or original appied to the hobbit? It was a factory option or he just copied it from another modder who also did it for bag end?

Your stooping to name calling makes your own discussion skills obvious without questioning my intelligence.

I think both you and the intellectual spoiler you are defending should go and develop your own ideas and stop piggybacking on others.

I have no interest in the mod, but i'll be buying one and having it shipped to Australia and throwing it in the coin box just to show my support.

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I disagree with what you are saying completely. You are also contradicting yourself. So the idea for the gate there was neither his idea or original appied to the hobbit? It was a factory option or he just copied it from another modder who also did it for bag end?
Your stooping to name calling makes your own discussion skills obvious without questioning my intelligence.
I think both you and the intellectual spoiler you are defending should go and develop your own ideas and stop piggybacking on others.
I have no interest in the mod, but i'll be buying one and having it shipped to Australia and throwing it in the coin box just to show my support.

Fully respect your right to do as you wish with your money. I didn’t say I wouldn’t buy one, modders are bad, mods are bad ideas, or this idea sucks.

The statements you made on my behalf were inflammatory and I called you out, I did not say those words or intend anything as you stated.

Reconsider the facts:

The idea of a one way gate on a pinball is not original, likely public domain at this point in time.

The placement he chose was discussed on a podcast with the original designers as a design throw-away.

The selling of a one way gate on a hobbit pin thread and calling it the gate at bags end is very likely infringement of copyright.

The giving away of a 3D printed solution of a public domain idea that someone else made money from (possibly by infringing on a copyright) is not an infringement on any right of the original seller.

If you truly are passionate about the rights of artists, get your legal facts in order and go after the infringers............that’s where my judgement comment was coming from.

Have a nice day-

#9827 3 years ago

Fully respect your right to do as you wish with your money. I didn’t say I wouldn’t buy one, modders are bad, mods are bad ideas, or this idea sucks.
The statements you made on my behalf were inflammatory and I called you out, I did not say those words or intend anything as you stated.
Reconsider the facts:
The idea of a one way gate on a pinball is not original, likely public domain at this point in time.
The placement he chose was discussed on a podcast with the original designers as a design throw-away.
The selling of a one way gate on a hobbit pin thread and calling it the gate at bags end is very likely infringement of copyright.
The giving away of a 3D printed solution of a public domain idea that someone else made money from (possibly by infringing on a copyright) is not an infringement on any right of the original seller.
If you truly are passionate about the rights of artists, get your legal facts in order and go after the infringers............that’s where my judgement comment was coming from.
Have a nice day-

Not to jump in here - but I see where you are coming from and agree with your points.

I ordered the mod for a few reasons:

1) It looks like it would be a fun game play mod to try.
2) I don't have a 3D printer - so I would need to get someone to print it anyway (and I don't even have the file to do so)
3) I wanted to compensate him for his time, materials, and bringing something like that to the hobby

#9828 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not to jump in here - but I see where you are coming from and agree with your points.
I ordered the mod for a few reasons:
1) It looks like it would be a fun game play mod to try.
2) I don't have a 3D printer - so I would need to get someone to print it anyway (and I don't even have the file to do so)
3) I wanted to compensate him for his time, materials, and bringing something like that to the hobby

This is exactly why I bought this mod. Add to that if I didn’t like the gameplay I could remove it in about 30 seconds.
I actually like the gameplay with the one way gate.

#9829 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Damn, that's a great deal! I have the red one ring shooter on my LOTR and absolutely love it. This is so tempting... Would this deal be valid with the blood red or black one ring shooter as well?

Yes, I currently have red, black, green, blue and gold fleck. When you place your order please send me an email with your choice.
Bill

#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

It is in green on page 162 of the user manual (you can download a PDF copy from Jersey Jack's website). The red arrow represents the mini USB. The other wire looms could possibly have a connector that needs reseated properly, but honestly I would start with the mini USB cable from the bag board and work my way to ther USB cables. If that does not fix the issue, try the CAT5 cables next. I think the quality of the factory cables is pretty inconsistent, so trying by replacing with some of your own is worth a shot.

Thanks so much for the savvy help - it is much appreciated! I purchased a new USB cable and before installing it, I reseated all the connections to the BAG board and the main USB connection. I've played about 10 games and I'm happy to report the problem seems to be solved; the only minor issue I'm having is Smaug's mouth remains open at all times although it might be a separate issue. Again, thank you!

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I'm having is Smaug's mouth remains open at all times although it might be a separate issue. Again, thank you!

That is likely the motor. See if you can adjust to get working again, if not you will likely have to replace the motor. There are other posts on how to replace it somewhere in this thread I think.

#9832 3 years ago

Are the map pinblades the best ones for Hobbit? I've seen 3 or 4 different art blades, but those appear to be the most popular. Any testimonials from people who own them?

#9833 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Are the map pinblades the best ones for Hobbit? I've seen 3 or 4 different art blades, but those appear to be the most popular. Any testimonials from people who own them?

There are some gold mirrored ones that are very pricey but look amazing. I’ve held off on adding any so far but will likely go that route when my other repairs and expensive eye candy priorities have run their course-

#9834 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

What constitutes "the best"? I like these (FWIW):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/162#post-5408926

#9835 3 years ago

I have these as well and like them.

#9836 3 years ago

Wow, I missed seeing those somehow. Those are nice!

#9837 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Love this hobby!

If I order one will I suck less?

#9838 3 years ago

These are awesome!! And like he said, I snagged mine too and destroyed both sides. I replaced them and then bought these!! https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html Best money ever spent! My ACNC is supper tight as well. But Hobbit playfield is also heavy and hard to control when lifting.

#9839 3 years ago

Do those come with pre-cut holes for the inside bolts, like the ones from Pingraffix?

#9840 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Do those come with pre-cut holes for the inside bolts, like the ones from Pingraffix?

No, you remove the bolts before installing blades and then cut out holes with razor knife and reinstall bolts.

#9841 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

If I order one will I suck less?

It hasn't helped me.

#9842 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

These are awesome!! And like he said, I snagged mine too and destroyed both sides. I replaced them and then bought these!! https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html Best money ever spent! My ACNC is supper tight as well. But Hobbit playfield is also heavy and hard to control when lifting.

Yeah - I use those protectors religiously now. My worst experience (and final straw before buying these) was tearing the hell out of a pinblade 10 minutes after installing it. Doh!

#9843 3 years ago

There are some gold mirrored ones that are very pricey but look amazing. I’ve held off on adding any so far but will likely go that route when my other repairs and expensive eye candy priorities have run their course-

I have my eye on the black mirrored ones... I'm hoping to snag a pair at a show if there are ever shows again Pricey as you say, though.

#9844 3 years ago

Got some coming for my GnRLE.

#9845 3 years ago

Just got a high score and heard a call out I haven’t heard before! Gandalf says “Son of a Took!” I lloled. That’s not even in the hobbit movies is it?

#9846 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just got a high score and heard a call out I haven’t heard before! Gandalf says “Son of a Took!” I lloled. That’s not even in the hobbit movies is it?

I think that line is from LOTR.

Actually, I stand corrected. In LOTR he said: "Fool of a Took."

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Bilbo is the son of Belladonna Took and Bungo Baggins. So he *is* a Son of a Took... not sure where it is in the movies, perhaps the opening pipe smoking scene, or perhaps in the unexpected party when Gandalf explains how golf was invented.

#9848 3 years ago

I got a request to make an Arkenstone using the recessed button on the machine. It's not as impressive as the other two, but I managed to create the same depth of color and brilliance in a more subtle version. Peaking out of the dragon's hoard, glowing just enough for a sharp-eyed Hobbit thief to find it.

It's a bit easier to make which is reflected in the price. I'm extending the One Ring offer for the Low Profile version, total price for both $179.

https://superskillshot.com/products/arkenstone-low-profile-lighted-start-button-for-the-hobbit?_pos=2&_sid=b1466b948&_ss=r

Arkenstone low profile close (resized).jpgArkenstone low profile close (resized).jpgArkenstone low profile full front (resized).jpgArkenstone low profile full front (resized).jpgArkenstone low profile full machine (resized).jpgArkenstone low profile full machine (resized).jpgClear Ring Low Profile (resized).jpgClear Ring Low Profile (resized).jpg
#9849 3 years ago

I got a request to make an Arkenstone using the recessed button on the machine. It's not as impressive as the other two, but I managed to create the same depth of color and brilliance in a more subtle version. Peaking out of the dragon's hoard, glowing just enough for a sharp-eyed Hobbit thief to find it.
It's a bit easier to make which is reflected in the price. I'm extending the One Ring offer for the Low Profile version, total price for both $179.
https://superskillshot.com/products/arkenstone-low-profile-lighted-start-button-for-the-hobbit?_pos=2&_sid=b1466b948&_ss=r[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it just the clear ring shooter knobs with the deal or could I choose one of the colored options?

#9850 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Is it just the clear ring shooter knobs with the deal or could I choose one of the colored options?

All versions of the ring are available for this deal. It looks like I should put those option in the listing. In the meantime, just add a note when placing the order.

Thanks for asking,
Bill

LOTR Black front2 (resized).jpgLOTR Black front2 (resized).jpgRing Clear front2 (resized).jpgRing Clear front2 (resized).jpgRing Red front (resized).jpgRing Red front (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/197?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.