20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 260.
#9751 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Auto Plunge when not ready to start??
Every once in a while a ball will auto plunge at the start of a persons turn when they are not ready?
It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen ...
Any thoughts?

Besides what others said about a switch, I would also check the ball through connections and clean the ball through optos. This used to cause balls not to kick out, kick out too much, or register phantom drains on mine.

#9752 3 years ago

Finally tracked down The One Ring plunger to go with my own Shooter Plate. It’s the little things

9C760443-427D-4FBE-A4AC-72B6384E436E (resized).jpeg9C760443-427D-4FBE-A4AC-72B6384E436E (resized).jpeg
#9753 3 years ago

So...

Trying to exchange the book screen with something a bit bigger for the old eyes but have no succes..

When connecting a 6.2" 800*480 screen in stead of the small original, it mirrors the back box screen and not what normaly is on the book screen..
It must be possible as there are quite some mods out there ..

What am i missing? Anny one that can guide me in the right direction?

#9754 3 years ago

Just wanted to mention this to Hobbit owners...I did the beta testing and temp checks for Pinmonk's JJP flipper cooling fans. Results were very satisfying to say the least.

Coil temps with the fans never crested 100F over a 90 minute play session and I saw no noticeable flipper fade through the whole time, whereas without the fans, flippers were noticeably weaker by the 60 minute mark of the initial test.

Would highly recommend if you find yourself playing for 60 or more minutes at a time.

#9755 3 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Finally tracked down The One Ring plunger to go with my own Shooter Plate. It’s the little things [quoted image]

If you sell these Shooter Plates, let me know!

#9756 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Just wanted to mention this to Hobbit owners...I did the beta testing and temp checks for Pinmonk's JJP flipper cooling fans. Results were very satisfying to say the least.
Coil temps with the fans never crested 100F over a 90 minute play session and I saw no noticeable flipper fade through the whole time, whereas without the fans, flippers were noticeably weaker by the 60 minute mark of the initial test.
Would highly recommend if you find yourself playing for 60 or more minutes at a time.

Hey Skipnatty - that’s great! Did you capture any video of install or before/after for the Buffalo channel or anything? Fade is the worst cuz it always comes when you need to backhand a ramp towards the end of a really good game Thanks!

#9757 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Hey skipnatty - that’s great! Did you capture any video of install or before/after for the Buffalo channel or anything? Fade is the worst cuz it always comes when you need to backhand a ramp towards the end of a really good game Thanks!

No footage but I can say the install process is relatively straightforward, mostly you just have to be cognizant of cable management. The documentation provided is very clear and thorough which is great. The biggest pain was the upper flipper as it's a rat's nest of cables around it so I spent most of my time working around that and the re-ziptieing cables

With the fans installed, I had no issues backhanding ramps throughout the whole play session, a really nice change. I'll be buying them for other JJP games for sure as soon as they're available.

#9758 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

No footage but I can say the install process is relatively straightforward, mostly you just have to be cognizant of cable management. The documentation provided is very clear and thorough which is great. The biggest pain was the upper flipper as it's a rat's nest of cables around it so I spent most of my time working around that and the re-ziptieing cables
With the fans installed, I had no issues backhanding ramps throughout the whole play session, a really nice change. I'll be buying them for other JJP games for sure as soon as they're available.

Im ready to buy this NOW! for my TH.

I dont see a need for the upper flipper kit, the upper flipper is barely used.

But for both lower flippers:

Vic, take my money!

#9759 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Vic, take my money!

Thanks Skip! Great to hear and as expected from the Monk I suppose

pinballinreno - The upper flipper is used ALL THE TIME if... well you know the rest of my spiel but yeah I agree - I’m not at all concerned about upper flipper fade, Gate or no Gate

#9760 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Vic, take my money!

On my machine the upper and lower flippers are used the exact same number of times each game?

#9761 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

On my machine the upper and lower flippers are used the exact same number of times each game?

No stage flipping?

#9762 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No stage flipping?

I'm a masher

#9763 3 years ago

Play better

#9764 3 years ago

Not everyone want's to win a grand slam. Some just want to play tennis in the sunshine.

#9765 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Which is about the length of a typical Hobbit game.

#9766 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Did you try different power settings on you flippers when you did your testing or were they set to factory settings? I’m wondering if you can set the flippers at a lower power setting since the fans seem to keep them flipping like they are fresh. When I play my game I have my flipper power set so they are a tad strong at the start but after a few minutes/games they start to settle and feel good but that window of feeling good doesn’t last forever. Would love to get the flippers to just feel more consistent overall.

#9767 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Did you try different power settings on you flippers when you did your testing or were they set to factory settings? I’m wondering if you can set the flippers at a lower power setting since the fans seem to keep them flipping like they are fresh. When I play my game I have my flipper power set so they are a tad strong at the start but after a few minutes/games they start to settle and feel good but that window of feeling good doesn’t last forever. Would love to get the flippers to just feel more consistent overall.

Factory coil strength on all flippers for testing...I have the extended leg levelers all the way up in back and all the way down in front and have no issues with any shots until I play for a while...theoretically though you could always turn the coil strength down if you can still comfortably make shots. Obviously setups are all different so YMMV.

To the game time length post, I don't have the center post in or inlane and outlane rubbers on my game to keep ball times down so if you're consistently playing 60-minute games, you very well could see different results as well...just want to be transparent

#9768 3 years ago

Is there an external subwoofer connection on The Hobbit ??

#9769 3 years ago

I found the Hobbit wasn't really improved with a sub. I loved Tommy and Deadpool being hooked to the same sub, but Hobbit sounded poorer with the sub than without.

I used one of tangles little boards and a splitter to hook to the existing sub connections.

#9770 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Is there an external subwoofer connection on The Hobbit ??

No.

LTG : )

#9771 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I found the Hobbit wasn't really improved with a sub. I loved Tommy and Deadpool being hooked to the same sub, but Hobbit sounded poorer with the sub than without.
I used one of tangles little boards and a splitter to hook to the existing sub connections.

i have the opposite experience and use the pinnovators pinsub product on mine. When smaug speaks it shakes the room.

#9772 3 years ago

Biggest improvement in sound came from my sol republic headphones.

#9773 3 years ago

Y’all. THIS.

https://superskillshot.com/products/arkenstone-lighted-start-button-for-the-hobbit
C627A215-1A67-40BC-B6F6-A5479168F60E (resized).jpegC627A215-1A67-40BC-B6F6-A5479168F60E (resized).jpeg

0D7DBC09-9A21-4B95-A64A-2FDD55030C48 (resized).jpeg0D7DBC09-9A21-4B95-A64A-2FDD55030C48 (resized).jpeg
#9774 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Nope. My Polk Audio PSW10 sounds good with it!

#9775 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Nope. My Polk Audio PSW10 sounds good with it!

Mine is only one man's opinion mate. All good.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9776 3 years ago

Damn! $140 for a lit button. There just isn't anything economical in this hobby. Does look nice though, just not $140 nice.

#9777 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Damn! $140 for a lit button. There just isn't anything economical in this hobby. Does look nice though, just not $140 nice.

Mass produced products spoil us on prices for sure. For a custom designed, handcrafted, low volume production of a product developed just for our little Hobbit community, though.... IMHO this is priced MORE than fairly.

#9778 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Mass produced products spoil us on prices for sure. For a custom designed, handcrafted, low volume production of a product developed just for our little Hobbit community, though.... IMHO this is priced MORE than fairly.

Wish there was some video of it in action. Like, if it glows and swirls like the movie's arkenstone that would be killer.

#9779 3 years ago

I always seem to miss out on mods because by the time I have the money to buy them, they're no longer available

With that being said, does anyone have an extra:

-ring button engraved plate
-Lior's barrel legs
-Lior's book cover
-mod for bag end

That they would be willing to sell?

#9780 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

I always seem to miss out on mods because by the time I have the money to buy them, they're no longer available
With that being said, does anyone have an extra:
-ring button engraved plate
-Lior's barrel legs
-Lior's book cover
-mod for bag end
That they would be willing to sell?

The bottom three are definitely available. Check little shop of games for Lior's mods

https://littleshopofgames.com/product-category/the-art-of-pinball/

#9781 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Wish there was some video of it in action. Like, if it glows and swirls like the movie's arkenstone that would be killer.

GTO - I agree. When I get mine installed, I'll take some video.

#9782 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

With some help and insights from allhokie3, I've finalized the design and installation instructions for the "Gate at Bag End" mod and I finished an initial production run of 13 kits. I've got a Pinside ad, so you can grab one here, but it's easier for me if you use Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/trumpanchemods That's the only way for me to do international - they figure out the shipping.
I hope those of you who get one like them as much as I do! Also, please please please share your thoughts and feedback!
drdoom toppers joetechbob
[quoted image]

Here’s a mod that works great and reasonably priced. Thanks for coming up with this Trumpanche.

#9783 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Here’s a mod that works great and reasonably priced. Thanks for coming up with this Trumpanche.

Thanks very much for the kind feedback @vyzer2! I'm so glad you're enjoying the Gate! I've finally started to sort of 'take it for granted' when I play, which I suppose is a good thing

#9784 3 years ago

I guess I'm the one to apologize for the cost of the Arkenstone mod. It took 3 weeks in development, 5 prototypes (otherwise known as "scrap"), using materials from 9 different sources, including several toxic chemicals and 3 unique jigs for production. I'm continuing to refine it, like all of the items I build. If you have one of my One Ring shooters, the current version is the 5th generation of that item. The Ring has grown from size 16.5 to the current one that's size 22 and the mounting is more optically clear and is available in several colors. I also stand behind everything I make. I'll give you a full refund including shipping if you don't like it for any reason. I love doing the research and development but it's also nice to recoup some of that investment of time supplies.

As for the swirling image in the stone, I've tried my best to make that happen. By using an optical quality crystal half sphere, the refraction moves the color and sparkles with the slightest change in the angle you view it. Building in an air layer between two separate surfaces of color changes the refractions happening internally adding both considerable depth and complexity. The crystal also picks up area light so that it appears lit even when it's not.

This shooter rod and now button business is how I keep busy in retirement since I don't play golf and prefer to get my fish from the market instead of the Tennessee River. I have an extensive line already and if you can't find one for your machine, I'll develop one for you.
Bill Hanson
superskillshot.com
PS. To help you decide, I added a discount code PINSIDEHOBBITFORUM just for Forum members for 10% off.

Arkenstone 1.5in lit full machine (resized).jpgArkenstone 1.5in lit full machine (resized).jpgArkenstone 1.5inB (resized).jpgArkenstone 1.5inB (resized).jpgArkenstone 2in lit full machineB (resized).jpgArkenstone 2in lit full machineB (resized).jpgArkenstone guts (resized).jpgArkenstone guts (resized).jpg
#9785 3 years ago
Quoted from Modelvisionary:

To help you decide, I added a discount code PINSIDEHOBBITFORUM just for Forum members for 10% off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the background info on its creation. You make some beautiful products. Now I need the ring and the button...damn this hobby!

#9786 3 years ago

I guess I'm the one to apologize for the cost of the Arkenstone mod. It took 3 weeks in development, 5 prototypes (otherwise known as "scrap"), using materials from 9 different sources, including several toxic chemicals and 3 unique jigs for production. I'm continuing to refine it, like all of the items I build. If you have one of my One Ring shooters, the current version is the 5th generation of that item. The Ring has grown from size 16.5 to the current one that's size 22 and the mounting is more optically clear and is available in several colors. I also stand behind everything I make. I'll give you a full refund including shipping if you don't like it for any reason. I love doing the research and development but it's also nice to recoup some of that investment of time supplies.
As for the swirling image in the stone, I've tried my best to make that happen. By using an optical quality crystal half sphere, the refraction moves the color and sparkles with the slightest change in the angle you view it. Building in an air layer between two separate surfaces of color changes the refractions happening internally adding both considerable depth and complexity. The crystal also picks up area light so that it appears lit even when it's not.
This shooter rod and now button business is how I keep busy in retirement since I don't play golf and prefer to get my fish from the market instead of the Tennessee River. I have an extensive line already and if you can't find one for your machine, I'll develop one for you.
Bill Hanson
superskillshot.com
PS. To help you decide, I added a discount code PINSIDEHOBBITFORUM just for Forum members for 10% off.

The only question I have is which size to buy? 1.5" or 2"?

#9787 3 years ago

Bill Hanson
superskillshot.com

I think your button mod is fantastic. It’s not overly priced for the amount of work you put into it. In fact many of the mods being created are great and most likely priced according to the work and developmental time. It just that mods have become relatively expensive. What sucks is that I want many of them.

#9788 3 years ago

Quoted from fnosm:The only question I have is which size to buy? 1.5" or 2"?

The consensus in the Facebook forum so far has been 'bigger is better', but I'm torn!!

#9789 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

The consensus in the Facebook forum so far has been 'bigger is better', but I'm torn!!

I'm thinking the 1.5" cause its closer to the original start button size. (That's my OCD talking.)

#9790 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The only question I have is which size to buy? 1.5" or 2"?

Hmmm ... which would Thorin choose?

Size matters (resized).jpgSize matters (resized).jpg

#9791 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hmmm ... which would Thorin choose?

[quoted image]

Both - dangit!

THorin (resized).pngTHorin (resized).png
#9792 3 years ago

Any hobbit owners want to get out, pm me. Cash ready....

#9793 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any hobbit owners want to get out, pm me. Cash ready....

Nice choice. I hope to have one in my collection again as it gets bigger. Great pin when you have variety!

#9794 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Thanks for the background info on its creation. You make some beautiful products. Now I need the ring and the button...damn this hobby!

I just added an option to buy the Arkenstone and the crystal clear One Ring shooter together for a sizeable discount, $199 for both.

Clear Ring 1.5 (resized).jpgClear Ring 1.5 (resized).jpgClear Ring 2 (resized).jpgClear Ring 2 (resized).jpg
#9795 3 years ago

I just added an option to buy the Arkenstone and the crystal clear One Ring shooter together for a sizeable discount, $199 for both.[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, that's a great deal! I have the red one ring shooter on my LOTR and absolutely love it. This is so tempting... Would this deal be valid with the blood red or black one ring shooter as well?

#9796 3 years ago

I just added an option to buy the Arkenstone and the crystal clear One Ring shooter together for a sizeable discount, $199 for both.[quoted image][quoted image]

I already have your clear ring shooter on my Hobbit, but it sounds like you made some changes/enhancements to the ring so I reordered the larger ring with the 2” Arkenstone. Keep up the great work!

3E50AA77-75B6-49BE-8BEA-1F2F2E3BA852 (resized).png3E50AA77-75B6-49BE-8BEA-1F2F2E3BA852 (resized).png
#9797 3 years ago

Love it, had not seen. Just ordered one

#9798 3 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

I recently just got my Hobbit (Smaug gold) and y’all were right - it’s AWESOME! What a great game! I added some mods recently...

looks great! where did you get the gold, and how attach?

#9799 3 years ago

Nice find from the thriftshop to hang by my Hobbit.

20210220_151936 (resized).jpg20210220_151936 (resized).jpg
#9800 3 years ago

My mate would love that to chop up on. He's always using my Mad magazines.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/196?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.