IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 260.
#9651 3 years ago

My snakes don't give a fuck.

#9652 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

With some help and insights from allhokie3, I've finalized the design and installation instructions for the "Gate at Bag End" mod and I finished an initial production run of 13 kits. I've got a Pinside ad, so you can grab one here, but it's easier for me if you use Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/trumpanchemods That's the only way for me to do international - they figure out the shipping.
I hope those of you who get one like them as much as I do! Also, please please please share your thoughts and feedback!
drdoom toppers joetechbob
[quoted image]

Have to say this mod is absolutely killer. What a difference it makes to gameplay. It installs super easy in minutes with no tools required (which you got to love). I really think it’s a no brainer for any owners of the game.

#9653 3 years ago

You do what you want, but it's not going on my game.

#9654 3 years ago

Well that sucks. Just installed my sweet pingraffix art blades and the left side got snagged and easily ripped when lowering the play field. They look great but this will definitely bother me. Wonder if they would sell just one side to me

7FB5B8E9-07BF-47E4-9F71-E36BE2EC5291 (resized).jpeg7FB5B8E9-07BF-47E4-9F71-E36BE2EC5291 (resized).jpeg
#9655 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Well that sucks. Just installed my sweet pingraffix art blades and the left side got snagged and easily ripped when lowering the play field. They look great but this will definitely bother me. Wonder if they would sell just one side to me
[quoted image]

That does suck. I ruined one side of my Wonka and then found out the made protectors to avoid this. Highly suggest purchasing them before changing it out again. Available at Pinball Life

Screenshot_20210124-162208_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210124-162208_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9656 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

That does suck. I ruined one side of my Wonka and then found out the made protectors to avoid this. Highly suggest purchasing them before changing it out again. Available at Pinball Life[quoted image]

Looks like I need those. Still mad about it

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Have to say this mod is absolutely killer. What a difference it makes to gameplay. It installs super easy in minutes with no tools required (which you got to love). I really think it’s a no brainer for any owners of the game.

jhoward1082 Awesome!! I'm glad it installed easily and is working for you! If you ever have any trouble with it or suggestions for improvements, please let me know that too!

#9658 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My snakes don't give a fuck.

I don't need snakes for pets. I work with several!

#9659 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Looks like I need those. Still mad about it

Ya, I learned the same way. Only it happened on hobbit after it also happened on my brand new ACNC. Spooky did sell me a new right side art blade, but those were available only from the factory. AFAIK, 3rd party sets will require a new set. Buy the guards above! Best money I ever spent!!

#9660 3 years ago

Where is the best place to get 'gold' mirror blades for the Hobbit?

Would rather EU/UK but USA is fine.

#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Where is the best place to get 'gold' mirror blades for the Hobbit?

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#9662 3 years ago

I never knew they made Gold Mirror blades!! But damn! Those are expensive! I'll bet they look badass on Hobbit!

#9663 3 years ago

I have a question as which it has to do with Smaug I first traded a month ago and the mouth didn't work now both the stepper motor for the neck and the mouth doesn't work doesn't try to move or anything.I have replaced everything both motors,Ethernet cable the servo it's almost like a fuse blew or circuit board is blown or I really messed something up....any suggestions?

#9664 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro: ... also I would like to find some kind of better looking Goblin and Orc? ...

Quoted from Goronic:

Maybe LIOR will be able to provide some nice replacements. I would love to get those beasts looking better, and more solid to be honest.

Lior has stated that he plans to make Beast replacement mods. At some point anyway.

#9665 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I never knew they made Gold Mirror blades!! But damn! Those are expensive! I'll bet they look badass on Hobbit!

I am tempted to get them. But I think I should save my Hobbit mod money on more Lior stuff...

#9666 3 years ago

EDIT: All Positions filled. I had a big response to the notice for JJP Tibetan Breeze kit testers and all machine testing slots are already filled. Thanks to all who were willing to jump in!

#9667 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the details worked out for the JJP Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kits done and the GnR testing almost finished, I need one tester for each of the other JJP games to verify the install works on that machine. With both runs of testing (first without fans, then with the fans) it's about a 4-5 hour commitment total. Each testing pass will take 2 uninterrupted hours (no breaks, etc) to stress test the flipper coils. You'll get a free kit out of the testing.
You'll need to take some install pictures of your kit install and send the worksheet I'll send you filled out with the temps for each flipper in each pass of testing. If you want to be a tester, you need to have time available to complete the testing within a week of getting the parts, since this install check is all that's left before releasing the kits for JJP machines.
If you're in the USA, interested and have the time available for this, PM me with the machine you want to test. GnR is done, but WoZ, Hobbit, Dialed In and Wonka are all up for grabs. I plan to get the tester list set this week and will likely be sending out kits next week for testing once the new JJP-specific wiring harnesses arrive from the factory.

Sounds like a perfect job for KevInBuffalo

#9668 3 years ago
Quoted from gump79:

Sounds like a perfect job for kevinbuffalo

I mean, I have all the JJPs except WoZ, so let me know if I can help!

#9669 3 years ago

Having a sound issue, sound is “choppy” like in and out sound cutting. Anyone have anything like that? Seems to happen after game is on awhile, maybe something is overheating? Any ideas?

#9670 3 years ago

I'd turn the game off. Any RCA cables outside the big metal box or inside. Clean then and seat them back in tight.

LTG : )

#9671 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Having a sound issue, sound is “choppy” like in and out sound cutting. Anyone have anything like that? Seems to happen after game is on awhile, maybe something is overheating? Any ideas?

I posted in here a few weeks ago which might be your issue: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/193#post-6064981

I replaced the RCA cables. But the real issue was the line level cable going into the PC. I replaced it with a new cable and removed the zip tie strain on the port. Hope that helps!

#9672 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Pull the sound ground isolation device out see if problem goes away then replace that part after you say thank you

#9673 3 years ago

Not a member, forgive me, but I wanted to know owners impressions. I really want this pin but I just talked to a guy who had owned this and he said "I hated it, the ramps were too far back". I said, "were they hard to hit or just not satisfying". His response, "Not Satisfying".

So I don't know his favorite games but here are mine: Indian Jones PA, Simpsons PP, LotR. I like deeper games where there is some tactics to the shots. I don't really care that much about flow and speed.

So big question (and be honest) will I like this game....

#9674 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Is your software current? Earlier versions had this issue.

#9675 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Not a member, forgive me, but I wanted to know owners impressions. I really want this pin but I just talked to a guy who had owned this and he said "I hated it, the ramps were too far back". I said, "were they hard to hit or just not satisfying". His response, "Not Satisfying".
So I don't know his favorite games but here are mine: Indian Jones PA, Simpsons PP, LotR. I like deeper games where there is some tactics to the shots. I don't really care that much about flow and speed.

I had a lot of trepidation going into Hobbit. I am not a fan of the theme, have not seen the movies, and was concerned the layout would be off-putting.

I am happy to report it turned out to be yet another JJP favorite.

You buddy’s comment about the ramps is puzzling to me. The ramps are easy to hit and strategic for starting modes / changing modes.

If you have a line on one, get it - if you don’t like it you won’t lose money.

#9676 3 years ago

Get the game. The ramps are more than fine. This game is a masterpiece that Pinside likes to shit on. Good news for us as it's amazing value.

#9677 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a lot of trepidation going into Hobbit. I am not a fan of the theme, have not seen the movies, and was concerned the layout would be off-putting.
I am happy to report it turned out to be yet another JJP favorite.
You buddy’s comment about the ramps is puzzling to me. The ramps are easy to hit and strategic for starting modes / changing modes.
If you have a line on one, get it - if you don’t like it you won’t lose money.

We didn't see the movies until about 6 months after we bought the pin. It was hilarious as we were pointing out all of the call outs in the movies and my wife and I both yelled out "Extra ball!" at the same time when that scene showed up.

#9678 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We didn't see the movies until about 6 months after we bought the pin. It was hilarious as we were pointing out all of the call outs in the movie and my wife and I both yelled out "Extra ball!" at the same time when that scene showed up.

I originally never saw the movie either. Love the pin and the sounds though. My friend got me to watch the intro and some key spots of the movie. What I remember most is "precious"

#9679 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Get the game. The ramps are more than fine. This game is a masterpiece that Pinside likes to shit on. Good news for us as it's amazing value.

Thanks, I still want it. Everything else I heard was good so it just surprised me.

#9680 3 years ago

Thanks, I still want it. Everything else I heard was good so it just surprised me.

For me, the best thing about the game is how immersive it is. The theme integration is second to none. I'm sure you can enjoy the pin on its own without watching the movies. However, I would guarantee you that if you watch the movies it will take the pin to a whole other level.

#9681 3 years ago

killerrobots

One of the main things that sold me most on Hobbit was that it's got my favorite music in pinball. It just sounds great all the time. And I have heard (for example from Karl the IE Pinball guy) that some early build games had ramps with bad geometry that needed to be replaced. I'd just recommend playing/watching the one you get to make sure it's playing properly. ALSO - If you haven't seen this Buffalo Pinball vid between Kevin and Joe, it's what sold me on the game.

#9682 3 years ago

Thats an interesting point about a the ramps not being satisfying, I agree with that general impression they are easy to hit I don't find them satisfying - but ok thats 2 shots, and you have a world of satisfying modes that have intense shots and when you get the progress up to 90% and need a shot X its satisfying as all get out when you hit it or try for it and miss it. Also when your really into the game, and you have a figure pop up and blocks what you want to do, and you have to figure out do I pass it do I hit it because I have enough time to go after that again.... or or or... Heck of a game.

#9683 3 years ago

Thanks everybody. Very helpful.

#9684 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Thats an interesting point about a the ramps not being satisfying, I agree with that general impression they are easy to hit I don't find them satisfying - but ok thats 2 shots, and you have a world of satisfying modes that have intense shots and when you get the progress up to 90% and need a shot X its satisfying as all get out when you hit it or try for it and miss it. Also when your really into the game, and you have a figure pop up and blocks what you want to do, and you have to figure out do I pass it do I hit it because I have enough time to go after that again.... or or or... Heck of a game.

Good point. There is nothing more satifying than sneaking a shot right behind one of the beast mechs blocking the ramp.

#9685 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Good point. There is nothing more satifying than sneaking a shot right behind one of the beast mechs blocking the ramp.

Or making a backstab.

#9686 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Or making a backstab.

and.... boom I just learned something new... So if you like LOTR you will like this game, Its the only other game I have owned that has the LOTR feel to it from a coding perspective. I am sure my brain is attributing theme but I feel like WOZ over stacks on itself so you can't be as strategic on what your doing, but with the Hobbit you can make choices, I don't like some specific modes because I know I have zero chance at them, so I just turn the page. Or I am having a hell of a game and just need one more quadrant so pick something easy so I can get to the next progression. I also find the game to have that wide open aspect so your making more choices vs. fighting tight shots. Also great from a build quality standpoint.

#9687 3 years ago

Also, it's hands down the most beautiful pin I've ever seen to watch! And it's a wide body which is nice to have at least one in your collection. When you get this game rocking, it's like you're in the damn movies!

#9688 3 years ago

Made this with some help awhile back, but just wondering how the demand would be if I tried to recreate something similar..it’s made out of real post oak and still maintains the original apron underneath..wouldn’t be cheap but is amazing looking in person

6D2FD95B-CEA0-4C77-A222-7095DB5F488D (resized).jpeg6D2FD95B-CEA0-4C77-A222-7095DB5F488D (resized).jpeg926736A2-52EC-4E5F-8B52-4BE26013B1E6 (resized).jpeg926736A2-52EC-4E5F-8B52-4BE26013B1E6 (resized).jpegF00E398F-3304-4B73-AE15-1FE62FF13F44 (resized).jpegF00E398F-3304-4B73-AE15-1FE62FF13F44 (resized).jpeg
#9689 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Made this with some help awhile back, but just wondering how the demand would be if I tried to recreate something similar..it’s made out of real post oak and still maintains the original apron underneath..wouldn’t be cheap but is amazing looking in person
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks amazing

#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Holy shit, yes! Sign me up no matter what the cost

#9691 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Absolutely incredible! Sign me up!

#9692 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Very very cool!

#9693 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

It looks ideal and looks like a proper apron for the game. I really like your engraving/design and would be happy with additional art in-place of the screen if that helped simplify install and cost.

#9694 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

This looks amazing! Would be interested depending on price. Any possibility of the screen being on the right side?

#9695 3 years ago

Hell yeah! I often complain I want to be able to get my shot info off of the little screen but still see my flippers - this looks like a great option for that! Fred550 installed a centered screen that I find very intriguing (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/190#post-6009056), but it certainly doesn't have the cachet of this intricately decorated real wood overlay - WOW - it looks amazing!

Question: Can you get the info off of the apron screen without looking away from your flippers with it sized/positioned where you have it?

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

#9696 3 years ago

Cool...I'll dig into it and keep you guys posted on it asap. Thanks for the nice comments

#9697 3 years ago

Just here to restate that I still think this game is amazing and one of the best.

That's all.

#9698 3 years ago

I recently just got my Hobbit (Smaug gold) and y’all were right - it’s AWESOME! What a great game! I added some mods recently...

2C082489-3D79-403B-8536-97CFC045DC0C (resized).jpeg2C082489-3D79-403B-8536-97CFC045DC0C (resized).jpeg5D4ED08E-DA03-4B12-BD7B-7BCCF43A780A (resized).jpeg5D4ED08E-DA03-4B12-BD7B-7BCCF43A780A (resized).jpeg6E05DECC-1572-4C94-90CE-5FD0D28363B4 (resized).jpeg6E05DECC-1572-4C94-90CE-5FD0D28363B4 (resized).jpegCBAC72D4-B822-4697-B421-423438271241 (resized).jpegCBAC72D4-B822-4697-B421-423438271241 (resized).jpeg
#9699 3 years ago
Quoted from Chooga:

I recently just got my Hobbit (Smaug gold) and y’all were right - it’s AWESOME! What a great game! I added some mods recently...

Congrats - nice looking Smaug Gold and some sweet mods too!

Quoted from Travahontas:

With some help and insights from allhokie3, I've finalized the design and installation instructions for the "Gate at Bag End" mod and I finished an initial production run of 13 kits. I've got a Pinside ad, so you can grab one here, but it's easier for me if you use Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/trumpanchemods That's the only way for me to do international - they figure out the shipping.
I hope those of you who get one like them as much as I do! Also, please please please share your thoughts and feedback! ...

I installed my "Gate at Bag End" today and gave it a few games worth of testing. LOVIN' it so far! So NICE not to have pops shots come flying back SDTM anymore!

Nice mod @Trumpache - thanks!

#9700 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats - nice looking Smaug Gold and some sweet mods too!

I installed my "Gate at Bag End" today and gave it a few games worth of testing. LOVIN' it so far! So NICE not to have pops shots come flying back SDTM anymore!
Nice mod @Trumpache - thanks!

So glad to hear it!! Thanks very much for the feedback Tuna_Delight ! I'm still a lousy shot off of the third flipper, but it's so nice to at least have a chance to practice every once in a while now haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/194?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.