IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 260.
#9401 3 years ago

Bros.. i'm loving this game! Did they just kinda recently get the code tuned up? I sort of wrote it off when it came out, but figure'd i'd take a chance on one and i'm glad I did.

#9402 3 years ago

Game is very enjoyable with the new code...
Still lovin it!

#9403 3 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the tone of the GI lights? I put warm bulbs in the spotlights and it looks so much better. I’d like to change the GI’s to match.

#9404 3 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I’d like to change the GI’s to match

Don't think so. They're light boards without sockets.

#9405 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So you have a B.A. edition then? Maybe J.J. used warm white LEDs in later models for B.G. then?

It's an LE, one of the last runs .
( so I was told )

If anyone in Melbourne wants a LE let me know .

#9406 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, appreciate that!

Yours looks pretty good, just a little dark in the corners compared to mine. Your lettering looks good, nice and vivid.

You'll have to do a backbox LED strip for GNR .
The roses really need lighting up .

#9407 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You'll have to do a backbox LED strip for GNR .
The roses really need lighting up .

Already have one, check our website, has pics too.

#9408 3 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that the Smaug and Black Arrow editions show numbers on the apron, but theses are not true production numbers. Only the LE is truly a 1500 build. Does anyone know if this is true?

#9409 3 years ago

None of the game number stickers on any of the aprons on any model Hobbit have anything to do with production numbers

#9410 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

None of the game number stickers on any of the aprons on any model Hobbit have anything to do with production numbers

what about production limits? when is says #1/1500 does that mean not more than 1500 will be made of that version?

#9411 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

what about production limits? when is says #1/1500 does that mean not more than 1500 will be made of that version?

That yes - but let's say someone picked 1500/1500 for a game number - that does not mean 1500 units were made. It also means nothing as to production order at all.

#9412 3 years ago

Just installed new Hobbit topper and loving it!

Hobbit Topper 2 (resized).jpgHobbit Topper 2 (resized).jpg

Hobbit Topper (resized).jpgHobbit Topper (resized).jpg

#9413 3 years ago

That yes - but let's say someone picked 1500/1500 for a game number - that does not mean 1500 units were made. It also means nothing as to production order at all.

Right, but not more than 1500 made? No doubles on the numbers? Not 10 #420 games?

#9414 3 years ago

I have the hobbit topper inside my machine! Like a small version to the right/rear of the machine!

#9415 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Right, but not more than 1500 made? No doubles on the numbers? Not 10 #420 games?

Right no double numbers let alone multiples of any given number. All that is correct

#9416 3 years ago

I have a full set of uninstalled radcals for SE. if someone wants to pry them from my hands.

#9417 3 years ago

Right no double numbers let alone multiples of any given number. All that is correct

On a tour of the NJ production facility, Jack showed me that the blue number stamped on the bottom of the playfield is the sequential production number for that game on the line. Didn't matter if it was SE, LE, or CE the next number for the "game" was stamped. Is Chicago production still doing the same thing?

20201122_113327 (resized).jpg20201122_113327 (resized).jpg
#9419 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I have the hobbit topper inside my machine! Like a small version to the right/rear of the machine!

Yep - got that cute mini version too!

Now, in addition to the topper version displaying the fantastic attract sequence film clips better, the mode info on it is actually readable during gameplay!

#9420 3 years ago

nothing happens when i plug a headphone in the jack on the front of the pin, lights are on, i can made plus or minus and lights change good but no sound on headphones and normal sound still on speakers, rj45 cables are solid in boards, any idea?

#9421 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

nothing happens when i plug a headphone in the jack on the front of the pin, lights are on, i can made plus or minus and lights change good but no sound on headphones and normal sound still on speakers, rj45 cables are solid in boards, any idea?

There's a slider switch very small on the side of the headphone jack board make sure it is in the correct position to allow the headphones to work

#9422 3 years ago

There's a slider switch very small on the side of the headphone jack board make sure it is in the correct position to allow the headphones to work

yes i've tryed both positions thx but same issue

#9423 3 years ago

Try turning all the volumes on the outside and on the inside way up. Mine needs to be 40+ to be the right volume level.

Quoted from Thot:

#9424 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

yes i've tryed both positions thx but same issue

Or volume too low?

#9425 3 years ago

Hello, the community of the ring!
I added an extra screen on my Hobbit LE pinball machine.
We are more focused on the set with all the information on the small screen.
Like me, enjoy this mod.
I'll give you all the details you need to add the extra screen.

https://www.amazon.fr/GLER-Splitter-Sorties-r%C3%A9partiteur-Vitesse/dp/B08KZXNVNC

https://www.amazon.fr/StarTech-com-C%C3%A2ble-adaptateur-vid%C3%A9o-DVI-D/dp/B009YCASUW

https://www.amazon.fr/UGREEN-Adaptateur-Connecteur-Nintendo-Graphique/dp/B00B2HORD6

https://www.amazon.fr/C%C3%A2ble-Ultra-Tress%C3%A9-Ethernet-Retour/dp/B07PRRM5WV. 2x

https://www.amazon.fr/GeeekPi-pouces-Display-Driver-Raspberry/dp/B01M9CLIP9

https://www.amazon.fr/LCDBOARD-Adaptateur-connecteur-Broches-rallonge/dp/B07H1QXZ7R

3A28E0E9-DC8E-4630-86FB-E9B81DF0FFC7 (resized).jpeg3A28E0E9-DC8E-4630-86FB-E9B81DF0FFC7 (resized).jpegB08ED205-3333-4A8B-BCD0-9FD42DBBC124 (resized).jpegB08ED205-3333-4A8B-BCD0-9FD42DBBC124 (resized).jpegCEEF1FE9-4D3C-4AC1-B8BE-2890DE5DDAC5 (resized).jpegCEEF1FE9-4D3C-4AC1-B8BE-2890DE5DDAC5 (resized).jpegD7ABB5E8-E87E-4590-BF24-C7E6D35873F8 (resized).jpegD7ABB5E8-E87E-4590-BF24-C7E6D35873F8 (resized).jpeg
#9426 3 years ago

Neat! Where did you mount the driver board and such? Pics of that?

PS - I like your taste in mods! Hope you can get Lior’s barrel legs and book stand mods so we can match haha

Quoted from Fred550:

Like me, enjoy this mod.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link » 2x
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link » [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#9427 3 years ago

I will make other detailed photos
can you tell me where i can find the mods
thanks again

#9428 3 years ago
Quoted from Fred550:

Like me, enjoy this mod.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link » 2x
amazon.com link »

Sweet

#9429 3 years ago

Just message Lior - in EU I think it’s through a particular dealer

Here’s the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-the-hobbit-sculpted-pinball-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

Quoted from Fred550:

I will make other detailed photos
can you tell me where i can find the mods
thanks again

#9430 3 years ago

thank you very much top

#9431 3 years ago

Looks amazing!

Quoted from Fred550:

Like me, enjoy this mod.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link » 2x
amazon.com link »

#9432 3 years ago

I joined the club today with Black Arrow #224!

62795558020__AE8018B8-1A92-42FB-B215-B9DE59AA13A5 (resized).jpeg62795558020__AE8018B8-1A92-42FB-B215-B9DE59AA13A5 (resized).jpeg
#9433 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I joined the club today with Black Arrow #224![quoted image]

Really a nuce looking game!

Congrats.

#9434 3 years ago

You're smart to go with BA edition - you know it's already got all the little mechanical reliability "fixes"!

Quoted from zaphX:

#9435 3 years ago

Joined the party last week! Excited for my second pin (POTCLE is my first). Lots of great mods - I just need to figure out how to work these pinstadium lights that came with it.

8C6055AA-63DC-4FEA-9891-D23EB13E9D33 (resized).jpeg8C6055AA-63DC-4FEA-9891-D23EB13E9D33 (resized).jpeg
#9436 3 years ago

This is how I found the pinstadiums the two red (flashers) not connected at all. And the GI only had one connected (I connected the other in the one of the pics) and it seems that pinstadium recommended the left side of the playfield and this is connected to one on the lower right. Do you just shove them into the same slot as the existing wires? It seems loose. Or tape them? They don’t seem to be working other than one side flashes purple occasionally. Thanks

70D39E1D-7B62-4F88-A6F5-BA3FD3AC0664 (resized).jpeg70D39E1D-7B62-4F88-A6F5-BA3FD3AC0664 (resized).jpegC16684AC-804C-49D8-A219-E784BB3EDBD7 (resized).jpegC16684AC-804C-49D8-A219-E784BB3EDBD7 (resized).jpegDB7EB39B-9B8D-4DF3-992A-99D90D05D72B (resized).jpegDB7EB39B-9B8D-4DF3-992A-99D90D05D72B (resized).jpeg
#9437 3 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

This is how I found the pinstadiums the two red (flashers) not connected at all. And the GI only had one connected (I connected the other in the one of the pics) and it seems that pinstadium recommended the left side of the playfield and this is connected to one on the lower right. Do you just shove them into the same slot as the existing wires? It seems loose. Or tape them? They don’t seem to be working other than one side flashes purple occasionally. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are really dangerous connections, I’d be very careful with them. Dangling Alligator clips connected to backstabbed pins, not good.

I’m not familiar with their products, but is that really how they come?

#9438 3 years ago

IMHO - Hobbit's one of the few games that doesn't need pinstadiums - it's super well lit out of the box... I'd just take 'em out if I were you...

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#9439 3 years ago

I just need to figure out how to work these pinstadium lights that came with it.

I think you can just unplug them and pitch em.

#9440 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those are really dangerous connections, I’d be very careful with them. Dangling Alligator clips connected to backstabbed pins, not good.
I’m not familiar with their products, but is that really how they come?

Yes - unfortunately. I've only installed Pin Stadiums on two of my games (ACNC and Houdini) and really like the resultant lighting effects, but the connections to the existing electrical components leave something to be desired.

#9441 3 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

IMHO - Hobbit's one of the few games that doesn't need pinstadiums - it's super well lit out of the box... I'd just take 'em out if I were you...

Agree...I never have issue seeing the ball - even when the room is completely dark.

#9442 3 years ago

I’m around too

Always always always power cycle after a code update - always.

#9443 3 years ago

Does anyone bother replacing the 12-volt spot lights , mine constantly go out and same with all the other Hobbits I see .

#9444 3 years ago

I Got rid of the spottys, looks much cleaner. The pop up lights eliminates the need for them imho

#9445 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I Got rid of the spottys, looks much cleaner. The pop up lights eliminates the need for them imho

I do like how they light up the trapdoors , makes them sort of look like they glow .

#9446 3 years ago

Always always always power cycle after a code update - always.

I used to hear that a bit when I first got my game and I wondered what the hell does that mean .
Untill it was pointed out , turn game off and on

#9447 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone bother replacing the 12-volt spot lights , mine constantly go out and same with all the other Hobbits I see .

Mine are out - I had problems with this style on POTC too.

A good robust fix is Comet bulbs and PinMonk e-tape fix which makes them snug, secure, and electrically consistent.

#9448 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So when you gonna stream some Hobbit? As a fellow JJP enthusiast, I'm curious as to your gameplay approach and perspective on it.

#9449 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

So when you gonna stream some Hobbit? As a fellow JJP enthusiast, I'm curious as to your gameplay approach and perspective on it.

Eh, I dunno...maybe tomorrow? I haven't even lifted the playfield yet. Not sure what the capture situation is.

#9450 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A wise decision.
Hobbit is spectacular.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/189?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.