The cardboard box on my Hobbit LE was pretty close to immaculate when I picked it up from my distributor. I didn't have a single scratch or flaw of any type cosmetically.
However, when I got the pin home and tried to unpack it from my car, when I tried to attach the first leg (which requires removing the bolts from the cabinet), I noticed that when I tried to put the bolts back on to secure the leg, there was nothing for the bolts to attach to. They just kept spinning.
Turns out that someone forgot to attach the leg plates with screws. So when I removed the bolts, the leg plate just dropped to the bottom of the cabinet.
This had the potential to be a real pain in the ass, as there was some discussion about having to unload the pin and put it flat on the ground, lift the pf, and attempt to attach/screw the leg plate on with a fully raised pf while flat on the ground. It would not be fun to try an pick that pin up from being flat on the ground, especially with no help.
So obviously I wanted to avoid this if at all possible. I could not fit my arm down the backbox holes, so I couldn't hold the leg plate in place while attaching the legs. However, I remembered that I had obtained this "claw" tool a couple of years back that I thought might come in handy one day. Well, this turned out to be that day!
I used the claw tool (pic attached) and put it down the hole in the back of the cabinet, grabbed the leg plate, and pulled it up and held it in front of the two bolt holes. Then I had my wife hold the leg on while I tried to thread the bolts into the leg plate. It took way fewer attempts to get things lined up than I thought it would. Once that was done, it was a piece of cake to get the pin up and running.
Pics attached show the one leg plate with zero screws, and the other leg plate with all 7 (!) screws properly attached.
Obviously what happened was someone attached the leg plate by lining it up and putting the bolts in, then they are supposed to go back and permanently attach it with the screws.... they forgot that last part.
The Goblin pop up figure also came loose and I had to re-attach it. Apparently the screws just weren't tight enough. Also, my spotlights, Smaug, and shaker were not working. Turns out I had a blown fuse. LTG helped me quickly resolve that issue.
So a couple QC issues, but the pin is working 100% now. Overall quality is very good.