20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 260.
#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Backordered....
What about this?
amazon.com link »

Im not sure about other colors.

https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Filters-24x21-Filter-Sheet/dp/B00GM9BRWI/ref=mp_s_a_1_5

Its a photagraphy color correction film.

Lee filters are really good and accurate.

1/2 cto changes blueish led to warm white.

If you cant get 1/2 cto get 1/4 cto and just use 2 layers.

In fact 2 layers of 1/4 cto diffuses better.

Still only need 1 sheet.

#8853 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

In fact 2 layers of 1/4 cto diffuses better.
Still only need 1 sheet.

here's the 1/4 cto diffuser film..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXHVP6S/

#8854 3 years ago

So I had a third party crew install my Hobbit and they did a terrible job. I went to adjust the pitch today and I noticed that the leg levelers are incorrectly installed, missing the nuts on the back legs, and one of them is bent. Does anyone know the measurement / where I can get replacement leg levelers and nuts?

#8855 3 years ago

Link below.. Make sure to order four of them..

https://www.pinballlife.com/heavy-duty-leg-leveler-black.html

** Pinball Life is not using USPS for shipping right now because of Covid causing late deliveries. So UPS min shipping is over $14.00. Not worth it unless you can put together a larger order or find these elsewhere.

#8856 3 years ago

ordered thank you so much

#8857 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Link below.. Make sure to order four of them..
https://www.pinballlife.com/heavy-duty-leg-leveler-black.html
** Pinball Life is not using USPS for shipping right now because of Covid causing late deliveries. So UPS min shipping is over $14.00. Not worth it unless you can put together a larger order or find these elsewhere.

Now it's really our new Postmaster that's deliberately delaying us from pushing mail through. That on top of attendance issues etc.

#8858 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Now it's really our new Postmaster that's deliberately delaying us from pushing mail through. That on top of attendance issues etc.

PA USPS has held my Brain Allen art hostage for a month now with no movement. I just want a nudge, nothing to tilt anything out of proportion .. just a nudge please.

#8859 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

PA USPS has held my Brain Allen art hostage for a month now with no movement. I just want a nudge, nothing to tilt anything out of proportion .. just a nudge please.

That's really weird. Where's it shipping from?

Did it make it to a Network Distribution Center, like Philly or Pittsburgh?

#8860 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

That's really weird. Where's it shipping from?
Did it make it to a Network Distribution Center, like Philly or Pittsburgh?

Warrendale since 7/7 - 7/11 "in transit" with no updates - sent PM with tracking #. Nudge it if you can please.

#8861 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Warrendale since 7/7 - 7/11 "in transit" with no updates - sent PM with tracking #. Nudge it if you can please.

Oh Jesus. That's actually my facility.

Lemme read your PM with the tracking info.

We process up to 400,000 parcels daily.

Edit: That might be our sister facility a bit away from us, we're the PNDC. Pittsburgh Network Distribution Center.

#8862 3 years ago

Recently, my hobbit LE speakers haven't been sounding too good. A faint crackling. Any ideas?

#8863 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Recently, my hobbit LE speakers haven't been sounding too good. A faint crackling. Any ideas?

Try ground loop isolator in " find in topic " at the top of the page .

#8864 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I had the same issue this week and in my case it was resolved by just reseating the connectors at the speakers. If they don’t make good contact you get a crackling sound.

#8865 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

I had the same issue this week and in my case it was resolved by just reseating the connectors at the speakers. If they don’t make good contact you get a crackling sound.

This ^^ I had the same problem a while back and this worked.

#8866 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Jeff- I put a new ground loop isolator in about 2 months ago. Wire could be loose. Also check the main Speaker wires That go into the computer box. I never had crackling but maybe something started to jiggle loose when we were moving it?

#8867 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I put a new ground loop isolator in about 2 months ago.

They are cheap. They can fail.

LTG : )

#8868 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They can be bad when you get them...

#8869 3 years ago

Added a Gandalf with a lighted staff to my game...

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200808165421946 (resized).jpg00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200808165421946 (resized).jpg
#8870 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What LTG said, have already replaced mine after not a huge amount of use.

#8871 3 years ago

Thanks LTG and Ran--new ground loop fixed it! Got barrel escape first game after. Good luck!

Thanks

#8872 3 years ago

New owner here, I’ve only played hobbit out on location before and have never really noticed it but is it normal for the drop targets to have a grinding machine gun like sound when they reset? Everything plays fine I was just curious.

#8873 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

New owner here, I’ve only played hobbit out on location before and have never really noticed it but is it normal for the drop targets to have a grinding machine gun like sound when they reset? Everything plays fine I was just curious.

Yes

#8874 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Yes

#8875 3 years ago

Cool thanks!

#8876 3 years ago

Officially joined the club. Kids are enjoying it. This one is going to force me to learn some rules though. 20200813_222139 (resized).jpg20200813_222139 (resized).jpg

20200814_065833 (resized).jpg20200814_065833 (resized).jpgIMG_7918 (resized).jpgIMG_7918 (resized).jpg20200813_223445 (resized).jpg20200813_223445 (resized).jpg
#8877 3 years ago

Has anyone out there calibrated their Smaug mouth before? Long story short I replaced a bad servo motor in my Smaug (which wasn’t moving at all) and now it is working...the problem I am having now is when I go to calibrate it, it seems that the min/max limits don’t allow me to get it exactly where I need it. When in test mode the max limit will move the jaw but I’m not getting any movement when I adjust the min numbers. Has anyone ran into this before? I do have a manual and replaced the motor exactly like it was described. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#8878 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

Has anyone out there calibrated their Smaug mouth before? Long story short I replaced a bad servo motor in my Smaug (which wasn’t moving at all) and now it is working...the problem I am having now is when I go to calibrate it, it seems that the min/max limits don’t allow me to get it exactly where I need it. When in test mode the max limit will move the jaw but I’m not getting any movement when I adjust the min numbers. Has anyone ran into this before? I do have a manual and replaced the motor exactly like it was described. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just make sure the servo isn't binding at either end point. Take the glass off and listen to it as you set max and min. If there is any humming back it off until it stops. Then back it off another click or two just to be safe. His mouth doesn't have to move a ton for the effect to work. Push it too far and the servo binds and cooks everything.

#8879 3 years ago

I put up some pics of my new 'legs' mod from Lior.

Take a look:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-the-hobbit-mods

#8880 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I put up some pics of my new 'legs' mod from Lior.
Take a look:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-the-hobbit-mods

thank you
i will post more info about it very soon.

btw i just got this game before a month and its really one of my favorite games. its really underrated game but when i got it i was surprised how fun and awesome is it!

#8881 3 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

thank you
i will post more info about it very soon.
btw i just got this game before a month and its really one of my favorite games. its really underrated game but when i got it i was surprised how fun and awesome is it!

IToldYaSo (resized).JPGIToldYaSo (resized).JPG
#8882 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

I got the machine because of you! Hahahaha

#8883 3 years ago

The Hobbit really is a fantastic pinball machine, I am not sure I will ever be able to let it go.

#8884 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The Hobbit really is a fantastic pinball machine, I am not sure I will ever be able to let it go.

I've owned mine for about a year now. I'd considered selling it as I've been able to beat everything with exception to the BOTFA wizard mode. I've come close but no cigar. It truly offers so much more/different than any other game I currently have in my lineup and because of it, it's still here.
It's been said but worth saying again. How this game isn't on the top 10 of "flow" games is well beyond me. The fact that this machine was released with subpar code, and operators set them up at such a weak pitch that made it floaty and not overly fun ... and everyone's opinion is based on those days and now that the game isn't in the spotlight I can truly see this becoming another "Twilight Zone" scenario. When that game was released it did horrible. Operators were selling them NIB for $1500 just to get rid of them. Now look at it.
From a home owners perspective, I guess I've always viewed the "success" of the game by watching the market place. When you see a certain title that there's no shortage of "used games" to pick from within the first year it really says something about the quality of the game itself.

#8885 3 years ago

^^^^^^^
Agree. I find myself playing TH more than any of my pins and I like them all.
At first I was like ok the games just ok, and than progressively liking it more and more. There are so many achievements that you can set new records and modes to complete. Each game is different and scoring possibilities are endless. When finishing a game I more or less feel I’ve played enough pinball for the day.

#8886 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I've owned mine for about a year now. I'd considered selling it as I've been able to beat everything with exception to the BOTFA wizard mode. I've come close but no cigar. It truly offers so much more/different than any other game I currently have in my lineup and because of it, it's still here.
It's been said but worth saying again. How this game isn't on the top 10 of "flow" games is well beyond me. The fact that this machine was released with subpar code, and operators set them up at such a weak pitch that made it floaty and not overly fun ... and everyone's opinion is based on those days and now that the game isn't in the spotlight I can truly see this becoming another "Twilight Zone" scenario. When that game was released it did horrible. Operators were selling them NIB for $1500 just to get rid of them. Now look at it.
From a home owners perspective, I guess I've always viewed the "success" of the game by watching the market place. When you see a certain title that there's no shortage of "used games" to pick from within the first year it really says something about the quality of the game itself.

Always appreciate your insight and enthusiasm for this game! You're never cocky in your posts, but confident in your skills and knowledge.

I always appreciate the upbeat manner of posts by you, and by many on this thread..!

#8887 3 years ago

Our Hobbit came with a Sword shooter rod. It felt a little weird or maybe I didn't give it enough time but I swapped it out for a more traditional one. The Super Skill Shot One Ring Shooter and it feels a lot better.
Not sure where the Sword Shooter came from, after a few searches I couldn't find anything on it.

20200821_174056 (resized).jpg20200821_174056 (resized).jpg20200821_173519 (resized).jpg20200821_173519 (resized).jpgPhotoCollage_1598046849815 (resized).jpgPhotoCollage_1598046849815 (resized).jpg
#8888 3 years ago

Bought mine off pinside i think.

pb60 (resized).jpgpb60 (resized).jpg
#8889 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bought mine off pinside i think.
[quoted image]

Looks great, but,
I think the sword shooter/big knife? would be better on Mata Hari, jmho...

I do like the one ring, but I like the control the ball shooter gives me on the skill shot.

#8890 3 years ago

Yeah it's not perfect. I always go the rollover skill shot so doesn't really impact that. Can't put that pin on the right hand end of a line, but that's a small drawback. It does feel pretty nice in the hand.

My favourites are made by a bloke here in Australia and they are a solid stainless ball rod. heavy as and feel beuatiful in the hand, suits and machine. You can see one on Houdini in the pic, they are beautiful and simple.

#8891 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah it's not perfect. I always go the rollover skill shot so doesn't really impact that. Can't put that pin on the right hand end of a line, but that's a small drawback. It does feel pretty nice in the hand.
My favourites are made by a bloke here in Australia and they are a solid stainless ball rod. heavy as and feel beuatiful in the hand, suits and machine. You can see one on Houdini in the pic, they are beautiful and simple.

Do you remember what it cost? I might sell it and would just want someone a fair price. I would guess around the $100-125

#8892 3 years ago

Who here owns the extended versions of the movie? If not please reward yourself and get them. They tie so many things together. However itll disappoint you that JJP didnt use any of the material from it. If there was one final upgrade that would be it! Anyway I've watched this movie so many times now that when I rewatch it I look for errors. Towards the end of the "blunt the knives" song you see Balin using a plate to hit items sending it over his right shoulder.
There's nobody there to catch this plate and likely why they cut the camera immediately after that frame lol

20200821_222246 (resized).jpg20200821_222246 (resized).jpg
#8893 3 years ago

No sorry, just looked but i must have tossed the paperwork. That would probably be about where i bought it new in a really nice presentation box though i think.

#8895 3 years ago

Considering buying a Hobbit. Question: is playfield dimpling fairly common, or simply for games produced after a certain date? Which manufacturing date (or game version) should I look for which would have all the fixes done from the factory?

TIA

#8896 3 years ago

Also, which version would you recommend: Standard, LE, Black Arrow, or Smaug?

#8897 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Also, which version would you recommend: Standard, LE, Black Arrow, or Smaug?

Dimpling is normal on all games, from all manufacturers, from all era's.
Some playfields show dimples more than others, from some games.

Sometimes a batch of plywood is slightly softer or didnt get cured long enough.
These playfileds get dented up a bit. But its not the norm at all.

Ultimately after 30 to 40 thousand games the playfields even out to a fine orange peel type surface.

All Hobbits are identical, only the artwork is different.

Art is very subjective.

#8898 3 years ago

Are there any distros carrying Hobbits (used), or is the only way to buy dealing with a private seller?

#8899 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Are there any distros carrying Hobbits (used), or is the only way to buy dealing with a private seller?

Maybe, you just have to call around.

Check the pinside listings, I think theres one listed today.

#8900 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Contact local operating vendors. The cabinet might have a few more nicks and scrapes but really the only spot on the hobbit that will show any real wear on the play field is the Balin hole and you can get a Cliffy protector to cover it up. Let's face it, a great game whether its HUO or routed is still a great game!

About dimples .... this game looks like a golf ball surface.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/178?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.