IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,995 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 260.
#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Who cares. Whirlwind is garbage compared to hobbit. Let people keep under apreciating this amazing game.

Right!
It's like comparing a Lamborghini Huracan to a Ford Fiesta!

#8452 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Who cares. Whirlwind is garbage compared to hobbit. Let people keep under apreciating this amazing game.

I own and love them both and don't give a fig what people rate them up enough to even look.

#8453 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I own and love them both and don't give a fig what people rate them up enough to even look.

Mucho Kudos

#8454 4 years ago

Well, round four of the 'NOTHING MADE AFTER the 90's is WORTHY' bracket is up and running. LOL!!

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Hobbit and Fish Tails , perfect combo .[quoted image]

sick!!!! crazy all fish tales on location are beat to hel. the one i rented is great. totally diff experience!

#8456 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's real tricky.
You go to jerseyjackpinball.com - Across the top area you see things like - Games - Store - SUPPORT - JJP Logo - Distributors - Contact.
No here is the hard part. See the SUPPORT word ? Left click it once. Then there is a line that says Unboxing and set up - DOWN LOADS - Support Form - FAQ - Warranty - Support Videos.
Still following ? Okay see the DOWN LOADS ? Left click it once. Then you see Choose your game. Willy Wonka - Pirates - Dialed In - The Hobbit - Wizard Of Oz.
Then left click the game you want. Since this is the Hobbit thread. We will left click HOBBIT once. Then we see red buttons to left click and download things like Manual, Change Logs, Full Install, Full Install Instructions.
Now if you want to down load the manual. Left click that red Download Button. And the manual download starts.
If you just want to download the manual. And skip all of the above. Here is the direct link.
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/th/Hobbit_Manual%203_4%20November%202018.pdf
LTG : )

ya my ph wasnt loading it properly apparently.. thanks for being extra douchey tho! ur folks must be so proud they raised such a pinball god smoke a joint or something guy

#8457 4 years ago

i guess thats just forums lol. u got people that get smarmy on a keyboard hundreds of miles away that would cower in person ‍♂️ all good used to it after dealing w douches on grow forums for years. im sure ill get like “points off” or something demerits lol. im sure hes like a mod or some big important person at a pinball co. theyre usually the smarmiest carry on

#8458 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

i guess thats just forums lol. u got people that get smarmy on a keyboard hundreds of miles away that would cower in person ‍♂️ all good used to it after dealing w douches on grow forums for years. im sure ill get like “points off” or something demerits lol. im sure hes like a mod or some big important person at a pinball co. theyre usually the smarmiest carry on

Wow, really dude? You should think before you post. And at the very least, do a little research.

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Wow, really dude? You should think before you post. And at the very least, do a little research.

what r u talking about i asked a simple question and i got some pinball stud talking to me like im retarded??? really? what research. oh cuz he works somewhere? like i care, maybe he should be less douchey to people renting pinball machines from people not making any money cuz of lockdown. I mean did he really think I couldn’t read English on some basic ass mobile version of a website? No instead of just being polite and saying maybe it’s not loading correctly or some thing he talks to me like I am absolutely retarded so no I could give a shit give me shit you’re going to get it back. i dont care who he is. thanks have a nice day!

#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

thanks for being extra douchey

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I tried to go into detail, just in case English wasn't your first language. From your post, you did seem to be having trouble getting to where you wanted to go. And why I added the direct link, to help further.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

what r u talking about i asked a simple question and i got some pinball stud talking to me like im retarded??? really? what research. oh cuz he works somewhere? like i care, maybe he should be less douchey to people renting pinball machines from people not making any money cuz of lockdown. I mean did he really think I couldn’t read English on some basic ass mobile version of a website? No instead of just being polite and saying maybe it’s not loading correctly or some thing he talks to me like I am absolutely retarded so no I could give a shit give me shit you’re going to get it back. i dont care who he is. thanks have a nice day!

think before i post id say the same to him. or he gets a pass cuz hea pinball stuf? lol. i get it. everyones couped up. hes prob in an apartment or something. dont take it out on me tho guy. i politely asked a straightforward question needing help. sorry not much else to say on the subject.
if im wrong i guess im goin to hell. i guarandamntee he wouldnt have said it lile that to my face tho ‍♂️

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I tried to go into detail, just in case English wasn't your first language. From your post, you did seem to be having trouble getting to where you wanted to go. And why I added the direct link, to help further.

right right cuz u always preface something with its real tricky not buyin.. but its cool. like i said im used to forum sop. and it didnt “offend me” it made me laugh so i talked shit back ‍♂️

now here is the hard part see the support word lol. bro i can get crass and sarcastic woth the best of em so please miss me with the “i was concerned with ur ESL status” lmaooooo that just makes u look even more fulla shit

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

I mean did he really think I couldn’t read English

I thought it was a possibility. I responded to your post "actually when i went to website found support but nothing that says downloads ?" That didn't sound like you were having a page loading issue.

So I tried to spell it out to help you find it, and provided a direct link.

Again, I'm sorry if I mistook your needs and offended you.

#8465 4 years ago

Just stop before the hole your digging gets any deeper.

#8466 4 years ago

Asks for help, gets someone to go out of their way to look up every step to get you there and then writes it down and posts it for you. FREE!

Abuse the helper because he had a little crack at the same time as helping instead of laughing it off? PRICELESS!

#8467 4 years ago

Currently looking to trade my Dialed In standard for a Hobbit, wondering if there are major advancements in models(like light boards on WOZ), I really like the LE and then Black arrow, did they have any fixes or features taken out from one to the other?

Also anyone looking to trade?

#8468 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Currently looking to trade my Dialed In standard for a Hobbit, wondering if there are major advancements in models(like light boards on WOZ), I really like the LE and then Black arrow, did they have any fixes or features taken out from one to the other?
Also anyone looking to trade?

Hobbit is already 2.0

#8469 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

did they have any fixes or features taken out from one to the other?

Just bling. Game play is the same.

You can download the manual from the website, to get an idea of what is all in that heavy beast.

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

features taken out from one to the other?

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/ Click on Hobbit and the models are listed and what they have on them in spces.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

right right cuz u always preface something with its real tricky not buyin.. but its cool. like i said im used to forum sop. and it didnt “offend me” it made me laugh so i talked shit back ‍♂️
now here is the hard part see the support word lol. bro i can get crass and sarcastic woth the best of em so please miss me with the “i was concerned with ur ESL status” lmaooooo that just makes u look even more fulla shit

Really? Are you high? Your post makes almost no sense??? Punctuation and CAPITAL letters are your friends. Lol

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Really? Are you high? Your post makes almost no sense??? Punctuation and CAPITAL letters are your friends. Lol

I think he may be a troll. If you are on the other side of an argument with Lloyd you may want to double check your position.

Also, there must be something else going on in his life to make him so jaded right now as to have a triggered reaction like he did. I thought Lloyd's directions to him were clear and he took the time to document it.

Some people need to seriously relax. I know pinball is a job for some on here, but if you are a buyer it is likely just a hobby. People need to chill out!

#8473 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think he may be a troll. If you are on the other side of an argument with Lloyd you may want to double check your position.
Also, there must be something else going on in his life to make him so jaded right now as to have a triggered reaction like he did. I thought Lloyd's directions to him were clear and he took the time to document it.
Some people need to seriously relax. I know pinball is a job for some on here, but if you are a buyer it is likely just a hobby. People need to chill out!

Probably correct. I thought LTG's answer was just fine and helpful as per usual. I have a ton more time on my hands and just didn't have anything better to do I guess. Lol

#8474 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

I'm assuming your posts are satire.

But there is a weird spot when downloading the updates, where there's a rollover menu for selecting the game, that gets a bit hidden. It's somewhat confusing on the page.

LTG is handsdown the nicest, most helpful person on this forum. Not only is your fury directed inappropriately, but it's insulting to anyone that Lloyd has gone out of his way for, endlessly so, over the years.

#8475 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm assuming your posts are satire.
But there is a weird spot when downloading the updates, where there's a rollover menu for selecting the game, that gets a bit hidden. It's somewhat confusing on the page.
LTG is handsdown the nicest, most helpful person on this forum. Not only is your fury directed inappropriately, but it's insulting to anyone that Lloyd has gone out of his way for, endlessly so, over the years.

Hey wesman, I see you have both Hobbit and Pirates. I would really like to get a pirates also. How do you compare the two - is pirates way better or are they too different to really compare. Which do you prefer to play?

#8476 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I never knew that or ran into it. When the person posted he couldn't find the downloads, I went off thinking everything but that.

I apologized twice. Time to move on.

#8477 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hey weman, I see you have both Hobbit and Pirates. I would really like to get a pirates also. How do you compare the two - is pirates way better or are they too different to really compare. Which do you prefer to play?

Sorry for butting in. At my arcade, Pirates is a great game. But people come in specifically to play Hobbit. It has a loyal following here.

People will play Pirates, though not many come in specifically for it.

I thought a different perspective might help. Because they are both really different from each other.

#8478 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry for butting in. At my arcade, Pirates is a great game. But people come in specifically to play Hobbit. It has a loyal following here.
I thought a different perspective might help. Because they are both really different from each other.

Thanks. I only have 1 pin, the Hobbit, and I really like it. But may get another pin down the road and Pirates is on my short list.

#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I only have 1 pin, the Hobbit, and I really like it. But may get another pin down the road and Pirates is on my short list.

They definitely would compliment each other. Especially in a two game collection.

Best wishes !

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Thanks. I only have 1 pin, the Hobbit, and I really like it. But may get another pin down the road and Pirates is on my short list.

I know it's been said a dozen times... but for me, Hobbit and POTC just play completely different. I own both, and love the fact of how incomparable they are. I really took notice of LTG's comment about the dedicated following for Hobbit. During the lock down, I now have to use Zoom for many meetings. Over my shoulder everyone can see 3 of my pins - Hobbit, POTC, and Beatles lined up. The first pin everyone comments on is Hobbit. "Hey the Hobbit!!" "Is that a pinball machine?" - usually in that order. And they want to talk about the Hobbit near exclusively. Too Funny.

#8481 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hey wesman, I see you have both Hobbit and Pirates. I would really like to get a pirates also. How do you compare the two - is pirates way better or are they too different to really compare. Which do you prefer to play?

Different for sure! Hobbit has such a grand presentation, that sucks you into that world. POTC has so many unique shots, and targets, where you feel more like you're hunting shots, more so than living in the realm of the film, like Hobbit.

Quoted from LTG:

It's funny, as POTC seems a bit of a sleeper in the public eye. On here, it's legendary, but in the wild it's just another game...

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I know it's been said a dozen times... but for me, Hobbit and POTC just play completely different. I own both, and love the fact of how incomparable they are. I really took notice of LTG's comment about the dedicated following for Hobbit. During the lock down, I now have to use Zoom for many meetings. Over my shoulder everyone can see 3 of my pins - Hobbit, POTC, and Beatles lined up. The first pin everyone comments on is Hobbit. "Hey the Hobbit!!" "Is that a pinball machine?" - usually in that order. And they want to talk about the Hobbit near exclusively. Too Funny.

I really haven't seen many Hobbit's out in the wild. It's definitely a brighter table, and feels a bit shiny compared to POTC, but the waving lights on POTC, and Dialed In, always capture my eyes.

#8482 4 years ago

its real simple. he “took a crack” as lil pumpkin said and i called him out. i get it were all locked down. it sucks. but i dont care if lloyd invented pinball. im not some retarded kid. someone else obviously saw what i was talking about and mentioned it. he shoulda just said ya my bad was feeling salty and we wouldnt even be having this convo.not sure why a 40 yr old has to even explain this to someone i can only assume is my senior ..but to try n back peddle saying i thought u couldnt read english? come on man. weve been speaking fine english. anyways its not an argument theres not 2 sides here. it is what it is.. im done on the topic. im sure lloyd is. so anyone else that wants to cheerlead for the man just dm me. its a stressful time. i tot get it. and some people are obviously way more versed in pinball. no need to try n clown someone tho. esp when the website is apparently wonky and whats causing the issue. apparently u have never experienced it. now u know it exists. thanks for the help
u did try n provide.

#8483 4 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

its real simple. he “took a crack” as lil pumpkin said and i called him out. i get it were all locked down. it sucks. but i dont care if lloyd invented pinball. im not some retarded kid. someone else obviously saw what i was talking about and mentioned it. he shoulda just said ya my bad was feeling salty and we wouldnt even be having this convo.not sure why a 40 yr old has to even explain this to someone i can only assume is my senior ..but to try n back peddle saying i thought u couldnt read english? come on man. weve been speaking fine english. anyways its not an argument theres not 2 sides here. it is what it is.. im done on the topic. im sure lloyd is. so anyone else that wants to cheerlead for the man just dm me. its a stressful time. i tot get it. and some people are obviously way more versed in pinball. no need to try n clown someone tho. esp when the website is apparently wonky and whats causing the issue. apparently u have never experienced it. now u know it exists. thanks for the help
u did try n provide.

He did not take a crack at you. I feel that you misunderstood his intent. "Text" doesn't always provide the full story. We also have people of all ages, and from all over the world on here. Lloyd is a genuinely helpful and overall super nice guy. He was trying to help.

Feel free to PM him...or me.
Please do not argue anymore in this thread.

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He did not take a crack at you.

Lloyd was pretty blatant in his post. "It's very tricky," then later saying, "still with me?" The epitome of condescending. And then to say, after all that nonsense, that he didnt think english was his first language? What kind of apology/excuse is that? A bad one. But then again, maybe english isn't Lloyds first language?

Edit: guys, I'm defending someone I don't even know and you're downvoting me?

#8485 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Lloyd was pretty blatant in his post. "Its very tricky," then later saying, "still with me?" The epitome of condescending. And then to say, after all that nonsense, that he didnt think english was his first language? What kind of apology/excuse is that? A bad one. But then again, maybe english isn't Lloyds first language?

So all the insults he hurled his way don't irk you?

His grammar and punctuation were either blatantly awful or inadvertently so. Lloyd was nice enough to choose the latter.

Let's all leave this behind, please, Hobbits appreciate peace, tranquility, and a good fire and tea for fuck's sake!!!

Look at this mofo. He's a peace luvin', pipe smokin', confrontation avoiding hairy footed loverboy....much like LTG!

947a2f63b80952628d7debb7255e5330 (resized).jpg947a2f63b80952628d7debb7255e5330 (resized).jpg
#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have both and I put Hobbit over POTC. But both are great. I just love Hobbit. It is my favorite game. It pulls me in like no other. Pirates is a fantastic shooter and faster/quicker game. The thing I like about POTC is that I can just play it. It is so deep and wide that I can decide to try to focus on one movie to get through or try to get the 6 multis at one time, or try out a new character. But despite all it's great shots and mechs, there are no "moments" in POTC that compare to Killing Smaug, or starting any of the Arkenstone Modes. Heck, just Smaug's smirky comebacks at the game over sequence beats any JJPOTC moment as far as just pure fun. There is nothing like battling Hobbit for 30 minutes or more, just missing setting a new GC and then have Smaug insult you. Makes you want to start back again. All that being said, JJPOTC has so much going on, it is truly never the same game twice.

#8487 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have both and I put Hobbit over POTC. But both are great. I just love Hobbit. It is my favorite game. It pulls me in like no other. Pirates is a fantastic shooter and faster/quicker game. The thing I like about POTC is that I can just play it. It is so deep and wide that I can decide to try to focus on one movie to get through or try to get the 6 multis at one time, or try out a new character. But despite all it's great shots and mechs, there are no "moments" in POTC that compare to Killing Smaug, or starting any of the Arkenstone Modes. Heck, just Smaug's smirky comebacks at the game over sequence beats any JJPOTC moment as far as just pure fun. There is nothing like battling Hobbit for 30 minutes or more, just missing setting a new GC and then have Smaug insult you. Makes you want to start back again. All that being said, JJPOTC has so much going on, it is truly never the same game twice.

Comparing Hobbit and POTC is similar to comparing apples and oranges. I love both. In defense of POTC, I'd say the cannon shot into the Dauntless ship is incredibly awesome...

#8488 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I own all 5 JJP pins. Pirates and Hobbit are my favorite 2. Hobbit is so intense and immersive. Pirates is different, but very many scoring strategies, like Hobbit can be if you know how the scoring works. They each are a different kind of fun.

If you "want to" keep Pirates long term (like you have with Hobbit) to learn it well, you likely won't regret it. You likely won't lose money to take it for a test drive for a few months (if you can find one). Just my opinion.

#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Man, I've accomplished NONE of that in Hobbit so far.....

I do feel like it's really theme versus shots. The Map shot in POTC is one of my favorite repeatable loop shots in pinball!

#8490 4 years ago

I found one on Craigslist and am picking it up as soon as it's safe to! I put a $100 deposit down... THE PRECIOUS WILL BE MINE!!!!! I'm adding this to a Star Wars Comic Art Premium table. So completely different machines and styles... I'm psyched to add some variety to my gameroom!

#8491 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

I found one on Craigslist and am picking it up as soon as it's safe to! I put a $100 deposit down... THE PRECIOUS WILL BE MINE!!!!! I'm adding this to a Star Wars Comic Art Premium table. So completely different machines and styles... I'm psyched to add some variety to my gameroom!

Star wars is a great game! Best action button in pinball! And Hobbit goes great with my Stern ST and ACNC. I too like variety in my tiny collection. Goal is one more. Down between ATM LE or Met Premium.

#8492 3 years ago

Is the Smaug magnet that grabs the ball before it falls down next to him and into the subway supposed to grab the ball everytime?

Also, is there a way to test Smaug’s mouth movement? Mine appears to struggle or not move much though I don’t know what’s normal as I just got it.

#8493 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is the Smaug magnet that grabs the ball before it falls down next to him and into the subway supposed to grab the ball everytime?
Also, is there a way to test Smaug’s mouth movement? Mine appears to struggle or not move much though I don’t know what’s normal as I just got it.

I heard conflicting things on that magnet. Mine use to grab the ball every time when it was new. It seemed to have changed after one of the major code updates. Somewhere in this thread someone said that it is still programmed to catch it on the first lock. Mine usually does unless it's a really fast shot. The other times it might not catch it to speed up the play depending on what is going on in the game. That was mentioned, but I don't really know if that's true. In either case, a fast hard shot up the ramp might not get caught. See if you see the same thing as me, that it usually always catches it on the first lock.

#8494 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Goal is one more. Down between ATM LE or Met Premium.

Ahhhhhh, the goal is always one more. I'm getting married next month, better not push my luck too much yet! Also, my game room is our old formal dining room, and its getting pretty full!

#8495 3 years ago
Quoted from coloradodan:

Ahhhhhh, the goal is always one more. I'm getting married next month, better not push my luck too much yet! Also, my game room is our old formal dining room, and its getting pretty full!

I didn't start buying pinball machines until I was 50.

#8496 3 years ago

It's a year since i bought my first and i have 17. Hobbit was my second.

#8497 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a year since i bought my first and i have 17. Hobbit was my second.

Holy cow!!!!!
You really got the bug!
You got some nice pins too!

#8498 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Yes, there is a Smaug mouth test and calibration. Do it and make sure your servos are not binding. If they bind they will blow the board out over time.

#8499 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

When your orbits are lit green, they are ready to add a ball to your modes, making them (usually) easier to complete. You make them green by lighting your multi ball locks for smaug. If your orbits aren't green, they will always pass on by, ripping both spinners.

#8500 3 years ago

My Smaog started smoking today and the mouth stopped working. I'm guessing the jaw motor is dead. Any thoughts on the availability of parts - i reached out to JJP Support... just looking to hear about others experiences

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,995 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/170?hl=somaine5-0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.