20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 260.
#8401 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you need a manual - jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Hobbit
Page B-33 in Game Settings - disable the broken one.
LTG : )

Or is that information in the manual? I’m just not sure if it does more than explain how to disable it thnx

#8402 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

Or is that information in the manual? I’m just not sure if it does more than explain how to disable it thnx

Yes

#8403 3 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Good day. The A in dwarf is stuck in the up position. I can push it down manually. It will pop up. If the ball hits it, it doesn't register. What could the issue be. Thank you

Sounds like the spring is broken and needs to be replaced. If you don't have a replacement call JJP and order one. I think they come in a pack. Also, if just end of the spring is broken I would just bend out the last coil and reattach it. You'll be good to go.

#8404 3 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Good day. The A in dwarf is stuck in the up position. I can push it down manually. It will pop up. If the ball hits it, it doesn't register. What could the issue be. Thank you

Follow the wire attached to it and switch the connector with another on the board. Does the problem now move to another letter? It could be the board.

#8405 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What did you have in mind...challenge?

How about we all post our high scores this weekend and make a Top 10 list? Tournament Settings? Or we can just have everyone use whatever settings they have as long as we're talking 3 balls and not 5.

Who's in?

#8406 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

does anybody have any idea if disconnecting one of the pop-up goblins because of a broken bracket will cause the game to compensate for it being disconnected? ie rerouting the points etc.. or is it just going to mess up the progression? i’m about to rent this game for a month going on and we’re stuck in the house I thought that would be a cool way to spend some time also away for operators to make money while bars and restaurants are closed rent a pinball machine people!

I have 15 of my own at home, but i'm currently renting Aerosmith and The Munsters from an operator mate who's had to pull all his machines out of closed pubs.

A couple of our group who don't own machines also got to rent some nice machines too. It's the way ahead.

pb39 (resized).jpgpb39 (resized).jpg
#8407 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

How about we all post our high scores this weekend and make a Top 10 list? Tournament Settings? Or we can just have everyone use whatever settings they have as long as we're talking 3 balls and not 5.
Who's in?

I’m in...extra balls? What does tournament mode change on the Hobbit?

#8408 3 years ago

I'm not sure what Tournament mode changes. How about just whatever everyone has their Machines currently set at as long as it is 3 balls, and not 5. I'll give it a go later.

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I'm not sure what Tournament mode changes.

Tournament mode makes things the same for each player. No random awards for one player and not the other players. An even playing field.

#8410 3 years ago

Just played...killed Smaug and that’s always fun. 3 balls but extra balls are on.

2174B8F6-2C8A-4901-B6A5-CA73CE2E6651.jpeg2174B8F6-2C8A-4901-B6A5-CA73CE2E6651.jpeg
#8411 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have 15 of my own at home, but i'm currently renting Aerosmith and The Munsters from an operator mate who's had to pull all his machines out of closed pubs.
A couple of our group who don't own machines also got to rent some nice machines too. It's the way ahead.[quoted image]</blockquote

Awesome I like the Munsters I cannot stand Aerosmith for me personally it’s like the most half assed band game no cool toys really the Jack-in-the-Box is OK but it’s just kind of week personally definitely at the bottom of my list of music themes

#8412 3 years ago

I am so freaking excited right now I just rented a hobbit..Doing my part to help the small businesses locally that have machines on location that are closed and I get to have something extra to do at home and to top it off it’s one of the games on my wish list! Also got a fish tales for my dad since he can’t really go fishing right now if I could only get him gophers! lol

#8413 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you need a manual - jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Hobbit
Page B-33 in Game Settings - disable the broken one.

actually when i went to website found support but nothing that says downloads ?

#8414 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

I am so freaking excited right now I just rented a hobbit..Doing my part to help the small businesses locally that have machines on location that are closed and I get to have something extra to do at home and to top it off it’s one of the games on my wish list! Also got a fish tales for my dad since he can’t really go fishing right now if I could only get him gophers! lol

The Hobbit and Fish Tails , perfect combo .

IMG_20180824_194813 (resized).jpgIMG_20180824_194813 (resized).jpg
#8415 3 years ago

The shadow is beating The Hobbit , we can't let that happen , get over to the thread and give The Hobbit a vote .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition

#8416 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The shadow is beating The Hobbit , we can't let that happen , get over to the thread and give The Hobbit a vote .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition

Yeah, that’s just ridiculous.

#8417 3 years ago

That whole rating system is prone to all sorts of problems.

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

actually when i went to website found support but nothing that says downloads ?

It's real tricky.

You go to jerseyjackpinball.com - Across the top area you see things like - Games - Store - SUPPORT - JJP Logo - Distributors - Contact.

No here is the hard part. See the SUPPORT word ? Left click it once. Then there is a line that says Unboxing and set up - DOWN LOADS - Support Form - FAQ - Warranty - Support Videos.

Still following ? Okay see the DOWN LOADS ? Left click it once. Then you see Choose your game. Willy Wonka - Pirates - Dialed In - The Hobbit - Wizard Of Oz.

Then left click the game you want. Since this is the Hobbit thread. We will left click HOBBIT once. Then we see red buttons to left click and download things like Manual, Change Logs, Full Install, Full Install Instructions.

Now if you want to down load the manual. Left click that red Download Button. And the manual download starts.

If you just want to download the manual. And skip all of the above. Here is the direct link.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/th/Hobbit_Manual%203_4%20November%202018.pdf

#8419 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just played...killed Smaug and that’s always fun. 3 balls but extra balls are on.[quoted image]

Well done! I've only killed Smaug 3x. Okay, time to give it a go!

Thanks LTG. Is there an easy way to enter tourney mode like other machines where you hold the flipper buttons for 10 seconds?

#8420 3 years ago

Had so many chances to kill Smaug, kept missing by 1mm. Made it to Barrel Escape.

958B7093-0763-4856-8A31-11954388C97D (resized).jpeg958B7093-0763-4856-8A31-11954388C97D (resized).jpeg
#8421 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Had so many chances to kill Smaug, kept missing by 1mm. Made it to Barrel Escape.[quoted image]

That Smaug is pretty slippery...but that’s why it feels so good when your flippers die and you get watch him drop. I actually finished “in to the fire” and almost got to “Battle of five armies” but I just couldn’t get the warg to get it qualified. I think I played 16 modes so it was a long game. I might try tonight but on tournament mode and extra balls off...if I can find them in settings.

#8422 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hobbit is still getting crushed vs TS which is an absolute joke. Just way too much hate out there for Hobbit from the early days of code.

All and all a good thing for me as I was able to pick mine up for a great price.

#8423 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Hobbit is still getting crushed vs TS which is an absolute joke. Just way too much hate out there for Hobbit from the early days of code.
All and all a good thing for me as I was able to pick mine up for a great price.

Exactly why I have one!
Thank you haters.

#8424 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

While I agree that may be why it is being beat, I'm not even mad. The Shadow is an awesome game. Both awesome pins.

#8425 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

While I agree that may be why it is being beat, I'm not even mad. The Shadow is an awesome game. Both awesome pins.

Yup, it's near the top of my list as far as 90's pins.
But the translite has to go!
Aurich...Still the best!
I have his full kit on my ST pro. It's awesome!!
The-Shadow-B2S-1038x779 (resized).jpgThe-Shadow-B2S-1038x779 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start. I'd turn the game off. In the bottom of the cabinet and inside the metal box with all the boards. Any RCA jack you see. Unplug it. Clean it. And plug it back in and be sure it is tight.

So I reseated all the audio cords in the head and the ones that go into the main computer area (from the inside and outside).
Doing audio tests and sometimes I get “speech” and sometimes I don’t. Also not getting any noise mono Or tone low and a bunch of the others are temperamental (sometimes make soundss in test and sometimes don’t).
Confused and open to any feedback/ideas.

#8427 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

So I reseated all the audio cords in the head and the ones that go into the main computer area (from the inside and outside).
Doing audio tests and sometimes I get “speech” and sometimes I don’t. Also not getting any noise mono Or tone low and a bunch of the others are temperamental (sometimes make spuds in test and sometimes don’t).
Confused and open to any feedback/ideas.

Does your game have a ground loop isolator on the speaker out?

If so try removing it.

#8428 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If so try removing it.

I did put a ground loop isolator on a few years ago per JJP’s advice. And after just restarting game again now I have tons of static at all times coming from the top speakers.

#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If so try removing it.

Wow!!! Just disconnected the ground loop isolator and the sound is all working again.
So weird.
Wonder why the ground loop is now causing problems instead of curing them.
Thank you pinballinreno for the advice!

#8430 3 years ago

Is this something I should let JJP know about (or is it safe to assume they are reading this tread regularly?).

#8431 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Wonder why the ground loop is now causing problems

It broke. They are cheap. Crap happens.

Quoted from Ranhorton:

Is this something I should let JJP know about

If you want.

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It broke. They are cheap. Crap happens.

If you want.

Ahhh. Didn’t realize these isolators break down. Should I buy another or leave it without. Love this game and want to make sure I’m doing everything I can to keep it healthy.

#8433 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Didn’t realize these isolators break down.

Crap happens.

Quoted from Ranhorton:

Should I buy another or leave it without.

Up to you. Plenty of them out there - I have one on hand in case static returns.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Ground-Isolator-Systems-Included/dp/B01L1NP7YI/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Crap happens.

Up to you. Plenty of them out there - I have one on hand in case static returns.
amazon.com link »

That’s the same one I have. Will order a couple more.
Thanks again for everything LTG!
Stay safe and healthy.

#8435 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Ahhh. Didn’t realize these isolators break down. Should I buy another or leave it without. Love this game and want to make sure I’m doing everything I can to keep it healthy.

I pulled mine out (same reason, it broke) it seems ok, I have a spare in case I hear something wrong.

#8436 3 years ago

Not an expert in the mechanics of pinball so I apologize in advance if the words I'm using aren't the precise terminology. Ever since I got the machine NIB and installed, the balls load very slowly, i.e., during multi-balls it can take several attempts for the game to load more balls which means sometimes by the time I get my 2nd or third ball sent out during a wizard mode the shoot again is already off. The game is leveled 6.5, not really sure what I would even check for or fiddle with. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#8437 3 years ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

Not an expert in the mechanics of pinball so I apologize in advance if the words I'm using aren't the precise terminology. Ever since I got the machine NIB and installed, the balls load very slowly, i.e., during multi-balls it can take several attempts for the game to load more balls which means sometimes by the time I get my 2nd or third ball sent out during a wizard mode the shoot again is already off. The game is leveled 6.5, not really sure what I would even check for or fiddle with. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Read this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/168#post-5566862

Set pitch to 7.1 degrees

#8438 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te#post-5579824

Let's make sure Hobbit wins the NIT folks... The fact that Indy 500 is anywhere near Hobbit is an insult.

#8439 3 years ago

My vote is in..

#8440 3 years ago

All - My "Bifur" switch is not working... It's switch #81. Before I go through mass disassembly - was wondering if there was a simple thing to check. Otherwise I am going to pull the entire drop-bank mechanism and see what's up. I did re-seat all of the connectors on that line, already... so, was hoping just a crummy connection. But so far - no improvement.

Thanks RDR

#8441 3 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

All - My "Bifur" switch is not working... It's switch #81. Before I go through mass disassembly - was wondering if there was a simple thing to check. Otherwise I am going to pull the entire drop-bank mechanism and see what's up. I did re-seat all of the connectors on that line, already... so, was hoping just a crummy connection. But so far - no improvement.
Thanks RDR

It could very well be the ledge that the Bilfur target sits on. I had the same issue and the ledge was cracked apart. Mine was a clean break and i was able to glue it together. Its lasted a few hundred games but i think its only a matter of time. Many have had this issue and resulted into having to buy the entire bracket.
Someone has posted the part # and price in this thread.

#8442 3 years ago

What needs to be done to remove the ramp?

I got a Hobbit recently with a playfield protector that I've decided to remove (it was cloudy) and I need to get the ramp out. I've removed the 4 ramp flap screws, 3 1/4 nuts on the left (one under the Erabor molding) and loosened the wireforms but the ramp doesn't want to budge. Is there anything connecting the ramp at the middle / in the backboard? Wat about on the left? If so, I'm not seeing it.

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

What needs to be done to remove the ramp?
I got a Hobbit recently with a playfield protector that I've decided to remove (it was cloudy) and I need to get the ramp out. I've removed the 4 ramp flap screws, 3 1/4 nuts on the left (one under the Erabor molding) and loosened the wireforms but the ramp doesn't want to budge. Is there anything connecting the ramp at the middle / in the backboard? Wat about on the left? If so, I'm not seeing it.

Don't kill yourself trying to get that ramp out, it's one hell of a job. I just took kitchen scissors to the plastic protector on mine when I got it and cut it to bits. There are photos somewhere in this thread. Took maybe 20 minutes to cut it all the way out.

#8444 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te

Time to get out the vote again! Hobbit should win this round easily but right now is losing.

#8445 3 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Don't kill yourself trying to get that ramp out, it's one hell of a job. I just took kitchen scissors to the plastic protector on mine when I got it and cut it to bits. There are photos somewhere in this thread. Took maybe 20 minutes to cut it all the way out.

+1 for removing the playfield protector being a bear. I did it on my WOZ. That protector sure does a good job protecting though.

#8446 3 years ago

Whirlwind beats Hobbit!
Now I've see it all.

#8447 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Whirlwind beats Hobbit!
Now I've see it all.

Let the haters hate. With the massive code update, Hobbit went from good to great!

#8448 3 years ago

It’s just an indication of how few people have had the opportunity to live with the game. IMHO you really need to own this game.

#8449 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

It’s just an indication of how few people have had the opportunity to live with the game. IMHO you really need to own this game.

This is true for a lot of games. But many of the guys hating, have large collections and should know better. But this is the Pinside psychopathology on display.

#8450 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Whirlwind beats Hobbit!
Now I've see it all.

Who cares. Whirlwind is garbage compared to hobbit. Let people keep under apreciating this amazing game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/169?hl=rhettdr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.