20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 260.
#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just had a killer game last night. Got to 4th stage of Battle of the 5 Armies. So cool. Unfortunately drained last ball while trying to hit the kill shot on Smaug. He got away...again!

FA4E7627-2B64-4A71-AAD8-D05CC638785C.gifFA4E7627-2B64-4A71-AAD8-D05CC638785C.gif
#8352 4 years ago

Can someone please explain how to access pindemption mode? Thank you in advance.

#8353 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can someone please explain how to access pindemption mode? Thank you in advance.

If you have the Pindemtion dongle. You turn it on in settings.

Back up your settings first. It f's up a lot of settings.

I put it in my WOZ, so potential WOZ buyers could see it. Killed the monkey, you could only coin up 1 credit, you could only play one game at a time, game was on time, all kinds of crap.

The crap I slowly discovered over time when I changed it back off of Pindemption and customers were having all kinds of issues.

It's cool, but gets old really fast. Okay for kids.

LTG : )

#8354 4 years ago

Has anyone found a solve for a broken drop target ledge that doesn't involve purchasing an entire new mech assembly?? My "N" target is firing like a machine gun....im 100% sure its the ledge failure...

#8355 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Has anyone found a solve for a broken drop target ledge that doesn't involve purchasing an entire new mech assembly?? My "N" target is firing like a machine gun....im 100% sure its the ledge failure...

Not that I know of

I have replaced DWARF and MAN in mine over the last 4 years.

I would love to know of a way to fix the existing assembly too.

#8356 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Not that I know of
I have replaced DWARF and MAN in mine over the last 4 years.

Damn!!

#8357 4 years ago

I have had this game for bit over a month NIB. One spotlight flickers one has stopped working. Taken both globes out bent the wires every way. Swapped globes as well. The flickering one continues and the other won’t work. Checked the connections and reseated. After the connections the wires aren’t traceable. Anyone else had similar spotlight issues and could help.

#8358 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you have the Pindemtion dongle. You turn it on in settings.
Back up your settings first. It f's up a lot of settings.
I put it in my WOZ, so potential WOZ buyers could see it. Killed the monkey, you could only coin up 1 credit, you could only play one game at a time, game was on time, all kinds of crap.
The crap I slowly discovered over time when I changed it back off of Pindemption and customers were having all kinds of issues.
It's cool, but gets old really fast. Okay for kids.

How do I know if I have a Pindemtion dongle? I’m the second owner. If I don’t have it, how do I get it?

Second question, once and a while the beasts get stuck up. All I need to do is jiggle the springs and I can get it to go down. Is there something I can spray (or otherwise do) to get the springs to work a little better?

Thanks again. Awesome pin btw.

#8359 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

How do I know if I have a Pindemtion dongle? I’m the second owner. If I don’t have it, how do I get it?
Second question, once and a while the beasts get stuck up. All I need to do is jiggle the springs and I can get it to go down. Is there something I can spray (or otherwise do) to get the springs to work a little better?

Its a $300 option. You have to buy it.

Its not a setting that you can select.

You most likely don't have it.

#8360 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I have had this game for bit over a month NIB. One spotlight flickers one has stopped working. Taken both globes out bent the wires every way. Swapped globes as well. The flickering one continues and the other won’t work. Checked the connections and reseated. After the connections the wires aren’t traceable. Anyone else had similar spotlight issues and could help.

The wires are traceable.

Trace the wires to the connectors.

Sounds like just a loose connection.

#8361 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

The Beasts should drop like a stone, no lube needed. Something is bent or out of adjustment. Lift the playfield and inspect further.

#8362 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its a $300 option. You have to buy it.
Its not a setting that you can select.
You most likely don't have it.

Do you have to buy it at the time of buying the pin?

#8363 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Do you have to buy it at the time of buying the pin?

You could contact them about buying it now. With the move to Chicago and the virus shut downs. No idea when they can get you one.

#8364 4 years ago

Hey guys.
Quick question that normally I thought I could figure out but this time I’m stumped.
My hobbit sound keeps cutting in or out or goes from stereo to mono.
Is this simply connection issues or something bigger.
Bought my THLE NIB back in September 2016 from Automated (Mike is amazing). Came from directly from Lakewood with all the updates (habitrails/flaps/Beast pop ups/etc.)
Never had issues before so this sound problem is new territory for me.
Thanks in advance guys!

BTW- been running most recent code perfectly for a while prior to the sound issue.

#8365 4 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

My hobbit sound keeps cutting in or out or goes from stereo to mono.

For a start. I'd turn the game off. In the bottom of the cabinet and inside the metal box with all the boards. Any RCA jack you see. Unplug it. Clean it. And plug it back in and be sure it is tight.

#8366 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For a start. I'd turn the game off. In the bottom of the cabinet and inside the metal box with all the boards. Any RCA jack you see. Unplug it. Clean it. And plug it back in and be sure it is tight.

Sounds like a plan.
Fingers crossed.
Thanks LTG!

#8367 3 years ago

Finally got to the Battle of the Five Armies wizard mode today. This game is so effing good.

#8368 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Just replaced mine 2 weeks ago. Also the N... You get the new metal bracket with the target ledge and you have to transfer everything from the old bracket to the new one. Took me about an hour to do.

JJP Part Number 10-008002-03
Display Name/Code 3-Bank Drop Tgt Main Brkt Assy

$24.99 + $15 Shipping

#8369 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazz_Jack:

Just replaced mine 2 weeks ago. Also the N... You get the new metal bracket with the target ledge and you have to transfer everything from the old bracket to the new one. Took me about an hour to do.
$24.99 + $15 Shipping

It might take awhile to get parts since they are moving during a virus shut down....

#8370 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazz_Jack:

$24.99 + $15 Shipping

Is it on the web site - or do you have to call JJP?

#8371 3 years ago

Tried searching for answers before asking...

I have about 30 or 40 games on my new Smaug, and suddenly the trough is having issues kicking. Looks like it's firing and hitting the front tab of the trough just before entering the shooter lane.

I've tried lowering it, to see if it was firing too hard, and also raised it a bit.

I read people had issues after the 2.0 update, but that was long ago.

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Tried searching for answers before asking...
I have about 30 or 40 games on my new Smaug, and suddenly the trough is having issues kicking. Looks like it's firing and hitting the front tab of the trough just before entering the shooter lane.
I've tried lowering it, to see if it was firing too hard, and also raised it a bit.
I read people had issues after the 2.0 update, but that was long ago.

Bending the tab helps this.
As well as lowering the coil power.

There is a WOZ primer on this somewhere.

Its the same setup.

LTG ususlly has a link to this.

#8373 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Looks like it's firing and hitting the front tab of the trough just before entering the shooter lane.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

TaDa !

#8374 3 years ago

Anybody else have a problem with mental or physical stamina while playing this game? Personally, I often have marathon games and after a long while, I have trouble maintaining my attention on the objectives and just start spraying the ball towatds lighted inserts and targets. Also, my hands start slipping on the lockdown bar and my legs get spongy.

#8376 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Anybody else have a problem with mental or physical stamina while playing this game? Personally, I often have marathon games and after a long while, I have trouble maintaining my attention on the objectives and just start spraying the ball towatds lighted inserts and targets. Also, my hands start slipping on the lockdown bar and my legs get spongy.

Chug beer between balls for nourishment.

#8377 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Change your pitch to 7.2 degrees.

#8378 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I have to be ready to play a long intense game when I walk up to it. Take a 15 second break when the plunger is waiting for you ... and take a drink of something and catch a breath. While doing that, look up at the screen to see what you need to concentrate on next. That helps.

#8379 3 years ago

Hobbit makes my heart beat fast on a good game. deadpool makes me sweat. Other machines make my legs shake. It's weird how they can have different effects, but Hobbit it's like my heart is gunna split a rib.

#8380 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hobbit makes my heart beat fast on a good game. deadpool makes me sweat. Other machines make my legs shake. It's weird how they can have different effects, but Hobbit it's like my heart is gunna split a rib.

Mmmmm.... Split ribs, and Beer!

#8381 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Is it on the web site - or do you have to call JJP?

You can send them an email or call them to place the order.

#8382 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Finally got to the Battle of the Five Armies wizard mode today. This game is so effing good.

Glad to hear it. I NEVER got that far. What's your high score? Everything working well?

#8383 3 years ago

Just an update on my right spinner situation. After a couple of tech support emails with Jersey Jack I got a detailed response about the spinner. Turns out it is not active in all modes and won't always advance you to Erebor (left one will though). Since the spinner is working flawlessly in test mode I've started paying attention to when it advances me and when it doesn't and am happy with what I'm seeing.

#8384 3 years ago

Bending the tab helps this.
As well as lowering the coil power.
There is a WOZ primer on this somewhere.
Its the same setup.

Daaaaaaaamn! You two were spot on!

I forgot, and didn't mention that I'd say between play, I'd raised the pitch quite a bit. From back legs all the way down, to 7.0.

That MUST be the culprit! Stupidly, hadn't even thought of that as a possible issue. (Time to lower those legs a bit....)

#8385 3 years ago

I made it through Battle of the Five Armies (didn't complete it) and was really excited to see what happens the next time you light the Arkenstone. I was pretty disappointed to see that you just start over with Into the Fire. I feel like it should light There And Back Again for the 4th stone. LOVE the game otherwise.

#8386 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I made it through Battle of the Five Armies (didn't complete it) and was really excited to see what happens the next time you light the Arkenstone. I was pretty disappointed to see that you just start over with Into the Fire. I feel like it should light There And Back Again for the 4th stone. LOVE the game otherwise.

My 2 cents (I am not sure if Keith and the dev team even bother to read Pinside much), so here goes:

I would not light TABA after you start ITF, BE, and BTFA - I think they got it right by having it start if you start all the modes in the game.

What I would do for the '4th' stone mode is this:

1. Complete or Not Complete colors: When you are able to start a stone mode it is flashing yellow. I would have it turn to solid red if you didn't complete it, and solid green if you did (right now it just goes to solid yellow after you start it). NOTE: while playing the stone mode it will have gone from flashing yellow to solid yellow. You would then go through the others in sequence as you do now (red if you fail, and green if you complete it).

2. Be able to start where you left off: Then when you go back around it will start on the first red (incomplete mode) and pick up where you left off (kind of like it does with Smaug MB).

3. Add double and triple scoring on subsequent passes: Also, the second go around (and every other time - if you had completed them (all green) you would get 2x scoring for the mode, and then 3x for the 3rd time, etc.

Also, while you are it on the code updates - make Balin a skill shot (it would be a great one!). Scoring would be: 25K if you select it. 50K if it is selected by the game.

Thanks!

#8387 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I mean, let's say they did that.... what would you get for finishing all the modes? I feel this is the proper depth.

#8388 3 years ago

I mean that you could get there both ways. Either by starting all the modes, or by completing (or starting) all Arkenstone modes.

#8389 3 years ago

I like some of Goronic's ideas for it too. Just feels like there should be something big (wizard mode) for completing the three arkenstones. Since TABA is already coded, my thought was it would be easy to make that another path to get there.

#8390 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I mean that you could get there both ways. Either by starting all the modes, or by completing (or starting) all Arkenstone modes.

I think TABA is being considered the final wizard mode - so in that regard it should be the harder of the two to do. Right now I would say starting all the modes is harder than getting to BOFA. But they are both relatively difficult.

But to your point it would allow you to choose how you get the final wizard mode. Starting all the modes, of starting all the stone wizard modes. But I like my idea of being able to complete the modes you missed when you visit them again and to times the scoring for each pass (double for second pass, triple for 3rd pass, etc.)

#8391 3 years ago

Also, I am not sure if there is a Smaug laughing part in any of the movies. I would love him to laugh if you drain and Smaug MB is lit. That would be so awesome.

EDIT: I couldn't locate any laughing, but I found a few decent ball drain taunts if you missed out on the Smaug MB

Do you think flatery will keep you alive? 6m36s

Oh I don't think so, barrel rider: 8m1s

He sent you in here for the arkenstone, didn't he? 9m37s

#8392 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Hell no. It seems like I'm always one ball flip from death in this game. Also, there is always a million thing to aim for.

Quoted from Goronic:

Also, I am not sure if there is a Smaug laughing part in any of the movies. I would love him to laugh if you drain and Smaug MB is lit. That would be so awesome.

Nothing jolly about Smaug. Never laughs at all. Just a giant asshole the entire movie.

#8393 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Play worse!

#8394 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Daaaaaaaamn! You two were spot on!
I forgot, and didn't mention that I'd say between play, I'd raised the pitch quite a bit. From back legs all the way down, to 7.0.
That MUST be the culprit! Stupidly, hadn't even thought of that as a possible issue. (Time to lower those legs a bit....)

7.1 or 7.2 is the sweet spot for this game.

Adjust coils accordingly.

#8395 3 years ago

does anybody have any idea if disconnecting one of the pop-up goblins because of a broken bracket will cause the game to compensate for it being disconnected? ie rerouting the points etc.. or is it just going to mess up the progression? i’m about to rent this game for a month going on and we’re stuck in the house I thought that would be a cool way to spend some time also away for operators to make money while bars and restaurants are closed rent a pinball machine people!

#8396 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiltboss:

does anybody have any idea if disconnecting one of the pop-up goblins because of a broken bracket will cause the game to compensate for it being disconnected?

If you need a manual - jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Hobbit

Page B-33 in Game Settings - disable the broken one.

#8397 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you need a manual - jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Hobbit
Page B-33 in Game Settings - disable the broken one.

thank you ya im new to that kinda stuff.. I know that it needs to be disabled but does it say anything about if it reroutes the points from the disabled one? Or are you just losing that progression thanks again

#8398 3 years ago

Good day. The A in dwarf is stuck in the up position. I can push it down manually. It will pop up. If the ball hits it, it doesn't register. What could the issue be. Thank you

#8399 3 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

The A in dwarf is stuck in the up position. I can push it down manually. It will pop up. If the ball hits it, it doesn't register. What could the issue be.

It won't drop ? Maybe it is bent or rubber ring or something prevents it from going back far enough from a ball hit to register.

It doesn't register a hit when down ? Tests - Switches - Matrixed - push it up and down, see if it's opto failed.

#8400 3 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Good day. The A in dwarf is stuck in the up position. I can push it down manually. It will pop up. If the ball hits it, it doesn't register. What could the issue be. Thank you

adjust switch, check spring etc...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/168?hl=adib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.