Topic Stats

• 7,578 posts
  • 501 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Energyspike
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,102 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hob2 (resized).jpg
hob1 (resized).jpg
20190910_204154 (resized).jpg
F4C8CE81-C099-402E-850C-2B30674B6D1F (resized).jpeg
ABFFC79A-6CB5-45F2-9E17-C434C1B4A4DB (resized).jpeg
FC90D5E6-468A-4D1E-B6C8-3C42A9410229 (resized).jpeg
ECC74D20-E70B-43DD-97BD-719DDD6825FE (resized).jpeg
menu1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190906-003836_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190906-003906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190906-004003_Chrome (resized).jpg
20190903_193056 (resized).jpg
20190903_192937 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Bag End Instructions 1.0 (resized).jpg
Ten Bag Ends (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7578 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 152.
#7551 6 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Also, there are protectors on the L O C K rollovers - you can remove them and it should fix that issue

Where are the protectors. Do they just pop off? Snap off? Twist? Sorry. My first jjp game. I must say... being a current owner of games like ghostbusters. Totan. Indiana Jones Williams, I have myself second guessing my collection and wondering why I don’t have more jjp games. Simply awesome.

#7552 6 days ago
Quoted from Vpv1rgin:

Thanks LTG! I’ll fix tomorrow What about the green lock buttons? The ramp jumps hard when it hits them as well.

Peel off the mylar disks on top of the roll overs.

Beast mechs easily adjusted.

#7553 6 days ago

welcome here JJP's are greats, hard to return to dot's :/

#7554 5 days ago

Has anyone had problems with the pop ups, well, not popping up? I've had to do some service to the warg pop up over the last few months, and I thought I'd fixed this problem when I replaced a bad up/down sw. All the parts seem to be working independently, but in game, the damn dog tries and fails to pop up!

#7555 5 days ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Has anyone had problems with the pop ups, well, not popping up? I've had to do some service to the warg pop up over the last few months, and I thought I'd fixed this problem when I replaced a bad up/down sw. All the parts seem to be working independently, but in game, the damn dog tries and fails to pop up!

slighly unscrew the warp assy, to see how it works with more space, if it's better, find the good location of the assy and refix it

#7556 5 days ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Are you saying the mech doesnt come up at all or it does pop up but then goes back down? If it's the latter, one of the leaf connections is registering as a hit and the machine assumes it's legit. Adjust the switch. Also, new doesn't necessarily mean good. Everything eventually fails. Since you replaced the switch it's possible the solder connection broke. If the wires are still attached use a multi meter and test that switch.

#7557 5 days ago
Quoted from Thot:

slighly unscrew the warp assy, to see how it works with more space, if it's better, find the good location of the assy and refix it

I'm not sure I understand what the warp assy is, I'm also not in front of the game at the moment. I will be taking a look at it this afternoon on location, hopefully I will see the adjustment you're talking about, if not hopefully it's listed in the manual!!

Quoted from CLEllison:

Are you saying t mech doesnt come up at all or it does pop up but then goes back down? If it's the latter, one of the leaf connections is registering as a hit and the machine assumes it's legit. Adjust the switch. Also, new doesn't necessarily mean good. Everything eventually fails. Since you replaced the switch it's possible the solder connection broke. If the wires are still attached use a multi meter and test that switch.

It tries and fails, usually popping up about a quarter or half inch, after a few tries it stops.

Thanks to both of you for your reply!

#7558 5 days ago

Any suggestions on a Smaug head movement issue. Head is not turning from side to side. In test mode, both optos are unlit. If head is turned manually, each opto lights up when the head reaches the the appropriate location. Mouth is moving properly and eyes are lit, but motor doesn't seem to be engaging for movement. All connections to the motor seem tight, is the motor just shot?

#7559 5 days ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

I'm not sure I understand what the warp assy is, I'm also not in front of the game at the moment. I will be taking a look at it this afternoon on location, hopefully I will see the adjustment you're talking about, if not hopefully it's listed in the manual!!

It tries and fails, usually popping up about a quarter or half inch, after a few tries it stops.
Thanks to both of you for your reply!

Oh sorry read warg not warp, warg assy is the entire pop mechanism of the warg. With hand it must be easy to move up and down, compare with another working beast pop assy

#7560 5 days ago
Quoted from mrf_pa:

is the motor just shot?

Please go to Tests - Devices , and see if you have power to the motor. If so then bad motor, if not, start the other way to it's driver board.

LTG : )

#7561 5 days ago
Quoted from Thot:

Oh sorry read warg not warp, warg assy is the entire pop mechanism of the warg. With hand it must be easy to move up and down, compare with another working beast pop assy

Haha, after thinking about it I figured that's what you meant. I ended up taking apart the whole assy, still not exactly sure what was causing it to bind. I did use a little dry film lube on the back of the plate where the black metal warg target housing slides. It seems to be working good now. Thanks again!

#7562 5 days ago
Quoted from Vpv1rgin:

Where are the protectors. Do they just pop off? Snap off? Twist? Sorry. My first jjp game. I must say... being a current owner of games like ghostbusters. Totan. Indiana Jones Williams, I have myself second guessing my collection and wondering why I don’t have more jjp games. Simply awesome.

JJP pins are quite impressive to play! Also, the disks can be removed by getting a fingernail under them and pulling them off. Then clean the remaining stickiness that is left are removing the mylar. The rollovers will be much smoother to roll over, be brighter, and prevent a lot of air balls.

#7563 5 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

JJP pins are quite impressive to play! Also, the disks can be removed by getting a fingernail under them and pulling them off. Then clean the remaining stickiness that is left are removing the mylar. The rollovers will be much smoother to roll over, be brighter, and prevent a lot of air balls.

That’s worked perfectly. Game is playing amazing tonight! Got to first wizard mode into the fire and got to stage 2 890,000 points or so. I’m new to this game so every time I play its something new. Only issue currently is the back middle captive ball switch doesn’t register very easily. So I assume it’s probably just a switch adjustment.

What a blast however! Amazing game.

#7564 5 days ago

Gawd am I king of the chokers. Killed Smaug twice, played all 3 mini wizard modes. Got farthest I've ever been in battle of the five armies. Choke. Freaking cool ass how it winds down. Got to Barrel Escape 2nd time. Finally finished all 31 modes. White flashing gotta hit one of the two holes and I'd start TABA .... choke. SON OF A B.....
Still not a bad score but fOR A FREAKING hour and 45 minute game playing 3 ball but you'd think it'd be a hell of a lot higher.

20190910_204154 (resized).jpg
#7565 5 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Gawd am I king of the chokers. Killed Smaug twice, played all 3 mini wizard modes. Got farthest I've ever been in battle of the five armies. Choke. Freaking cool ass how it winds down. Got to Barrel Escape 2nd time. Finally finished all 31 modes. White flashing gotta hit one of the two holes and I'd start TABA .... choke. SON OF A B.....
Still not a bad score but fOR A FREAKING hour and 45 minute game playing 3 ball but you'd think it'd be a hell of a lot higher.[quoted image]

Your post is giving me motivation to try and get to TABA...great game man.

#7566 4 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Your post is giving me motivation to try and get to TABA...great game man.

I'm now more motivated to get to BOTFA for the 1st time!

#7567 4 days ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I'm now more motivated to get to BOTFA for the 1st time!

No problem you got it

#7568 4 days ago

Wow that’s a great score none the less!

Quoted from CLEllison:

Still not a bad score but fOR A FREAKING hour and 45 minute game playing 3 ball but you'd think it'd be a hell of a lot higher.[quoted image]

#7569 2 days ago

Hi all, hoping for some advice.
My spider mech has been sticking up and not dropping. I knw from reading this whoile thread that LGT advises finding where the mech is binding and bending a little.
The problem is i can't see anywhere it's binding. I can feel it binding at the top 10% of the stroke but can't see anything where it's touching around the mech at all.
The only places i can see where it could be binding is the two shafts, one for the coil that goes through a sleeve and one on the mecch that goes through a little plastic split collett.

I undid the mech from the coil and they both moved smoothly with no binding seperate but now i have screwed them back together the stiff ness is worse, stronger sticking qand on 20% of the stroke maybe.

Hoping someone can tell me where to look next?

Also is there a way to reroute the green/white wires? I've already fixed it once and it's a bit flattened again.

hob1 (resized).jpghob2 (resized).jpg
#7570 2 days ago

Figured it out, it was the front plate connected to the coil section that the toy section is bolted to. The whole mech was binding when it was together but not apart so i just had to figure which way the plate had to bend then do some experimenting to get it right. Did loose one of the stainless spring clips up into the drop targets somewhere and will have to find one of those somewhere.

#7571 18 hours ago

A new issue recently, the skill shot will randomly reset when the ball kicks from the trough into the shooter lane. Checked switches to see if there were any issues, all showed working normal. Thoughts? The next ball will sometimes have the skill shot available but seems to be lessand less as I test / play.

Thanks,

#7572 16 hours ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

the skill shot will randomly reset when the ball kicks from the trough into the shooter lane. Checked switches to see if there were any issues,

I'd try going into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, then bang on the playfield. See if vibration sets any off. If so adjust as needed.

#7573 16 hours ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try going into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, then bang on the playfield. See if vibration sets any off. If so adjust as needed.

Will do....Thank you!

#7574 13 hours ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG, Smaug left limit is triggered when banging on the play-field, nothing else....Would this be the issue?

#7576 13 hours ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could be.

What adjustments are available? Does that include removing Smaug?

#7577 12 hours ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

What adjustments are available? Does that include removing Smaug?

If so, it would be an issue with his optos. Nothing you could adjust. Check wires, solder joints, flaky opto ?

#7578 11 hours ago
Quoted from LTG:

If so, it would be an issue with his optos. Nothing you could adjust. Check wires, solder joints, flaky opto ?

Thanks again, appreciate the support!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 12.99
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 7578 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 152.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside