20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 260.
#7051 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Had a nice 56 minute game tonight...

wow!!

#7052 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Had a nice 56 minute game tonight...[quoted image]

Not bad

20190608_130335 (resized).jpg20190608_130335 (resized).jpg
#7053 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Not bad [quoted image]

I was waiting for someone to $hit on my parade.

#7054 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I was waiting for someone to $hit on my parade.

You had a great score ... I said not bad. Sorry if you feel like $h1t on your parade. Feel free to one up me.

#7055 4 years ago

I'm looking at the Pinbits plastic protectors and it looks like they provide two sets of sling shot protectors. Does anyone know why that would be the case? Are there different versions of sling shot plastics for the game? I've emailed them directly to also verify that they are cut in clear plastic.

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I'm looking at the Pinbits plastic protectors and it looks like they provide two sets of sling shot protectors. Does anyone know why that would be the case? Are there different versions of sling shot plastics for the game? I've emailed them directly to also verify that they are cut in clear plastic.

One set clear, one set glowing?

#7057 4 years ago

Considering picking up a Hobbit, but wanted to ask about the new code. Is there an ultimate wizard mode, and if so, how difficult is it to reach it?

#7058 4 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

So what do you have to order to get the sound like you guys are talking. I see this psw10, but what and how do I interface it? Is it really a better experience?

I wouldn't be soldering any wires , just plug in a rca cable in the back , there's a lot of subwoofer talk a few pages back

Quoted from Boatshoe:

Still looking for a washer size to prevent beasts cutting wires if anyone knows it!

How do you use washers to protect the wires . I have to fix my beast mec , first I've heard of this solution , any pictures would be good

#7059 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Considering picking up a Hobbit, but wanted to ask about the new code. Is there an ultimate wizard mode, and if so, how difficult is it to reach it?

The final wizard mode is called there and back again , to reach it you have to start all 31 modes , my best is 28 ( I'm not very good ) so it is doable . To finish it you have to play One Shot from each mode easier said than done .I'm pretty sure that's how it goes

#7060 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The final wizard mode is called there and back again , to reach it you have to start all 31 modes , my best is 28 ( I'm not very good ) so it is doable . To finish it you have to play One Shot from each mode easier said than done .I'm pretty sure that's how it goes

It’s incredibly hard to even get to, much less finish

#7061 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s incredibly hard to even get to, much less finish

Not to mention trying to get to Battle of the Five Armys. This game is so deep it's scary. Finished Level 3 of Into the Fire this morning, it was crazy intense!

#7062 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I bought the clear set. FYI it comes with 2 different asking protectors. You need to use the set that has the indent for the ball drop.

#7063 4 years ago

I spent 6 hours working on my machine yesterday. My ramp flaps curled and I figured when I pull the ramp itd be a great time to change rubbers, clean the uncleanable spots, add a full set of pinbits plastic protectors and of course add a full Cliffy set. It was just a huge bullshit mess. First of all that Cliffy set is not for the faint of heart. During the tear down I had two nuts that were cross threaded and the posts came out. I found BOTH posts for the gate leading to the pops were super loose and both radagast and Balin back stops were super loose. And taking the ramp out just sucks. So much for the ramp flap fix. I found the Erebor wood on the left side probably weighs a good 1.5lbs by itself.
A lot of the rubbers require removing so much to get too. It's an operators nightmare. Can't even imagine how much a shop would charge to shop this thing out.

Added over 5 years ago:

Clarify, the wood structure being about a pound and a half was just an observance not complaint.

#7064 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How do you use washers to protect the wires . I have to fix my beast mec , first I've heard of this solution , any pictures would be good

Taken from other parts of this thread.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7065 4 years ago

getting ready to install my topper, wheres the plug located at?

#7066 4 years ago

Usually inside the bottom of the cabinet, left side near the back left corner.

#7067 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Taken from other parts of this thread.[quoted image]

Does a part of the wire get held under the washer to hold it way from the moving Beast mech ? It's hard to tell what's going on from that picture .

#7068 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does a part of the wire get held under the washer to hold it way from the moving Beast mech ? It's hard to tell what's going on from that picture .

See post 1930 Also has washer size. #8 3/4 washer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/39#post-3341330

The washer stops the beast mech from going up all the way (by just a little bit) because the beast has a habit of cutting the wires as it goes up. The washer stops the beast and so gives the wire a little bit of space.

#7069 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

See post 1930 Also has washer size. #8 3/4 washer.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/39#post-3341330
The washer stops the beast mech from going up all the way (by just a little bit) because the beast has a habit of cutting the wires as it goes up. The washer stops the beast and so gives the wire a little bit of space.

That makes sense , thanks a lot .

#7070 4 years ago

Gold ring button(s)…

I was looking for a gold ring button which up until last year were available through a single vendor. He apparently quit making them. I contacted him and he had four still on the shelf. He advised me that they were "seconds". I bought all four and installed one today. I see a little bit of a very small tip on the circumference of the gold ring. To me, and I'm picky, they are excellent. I had previously bought the "Ring Button" metal plate and now the lock bar is complete (see picture). That said, I will keep one as a spare and have two others which I'll share with others, if interested. PM me for details. Sorry, there are only two and first come, first serve.

rng1 (resized).jpgrng1 (resized).jpgrng2 (resized).jpgrng2 (resized).jpg
#7071 4 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Gold ring button(s)…
I was looking for a gold ring button which up until last year were available through a single vendor. He apparently quit making them. I contacted him and he had four still on the shelf. He advised me that they were "seconds". I bought all four and installed one today. I see a little bit of a very small tip on the circumference of the gold ring. To me, and I'm picky, they are excellent. I had previously bought the "Ring Button" metal plate and now the lock bar is complete (see picture). That said, I will keep one as a spare and have two others which I'll share with others, if interested. PM me for details. Sorry, there are only two and first come, first serve.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have this mod as well. Hard to make JJP machines look more polished than they already are - but this mod certainly does it.

#7072 4 years ago

I've been getting through the first two mini wizard modes on a regular basis. It's always a bit of struggle to get to the battle of 5 armies but I have been making it. Is there a current rule sheet and/or has this mode not been finished yet? I'm incredibly lost as what to shoot. The pounding drums music is pretty cool and amps ya up but then quite honestly it feels underwhelming. Version 3.1

#7073 4 years ago

The "Gold Ring Buttons" are all gone. Last one is on its way to Scotland. Glad I could help out three folks.

#7074 4 years ago

Anyone ever have their beast mechs squeak or squeal?

My spider "screams" as it goes up. I can't quite figure out what the issue is. I think the metal Spider pop up housing might be rubbing against the metal case attached to the bottom of the PF. Not sure how I can adjust that housing 1 millimeter to the left.

#7075 4 years ago

Hi all from Oz, had my Black arrow from the original owner HUO for about a month now and have spent the time while resting my sore flipper hands scrolling through the 142 pages of this thread.

Now feel qualified to say hello at least and know i won't be asking questions already answered.

I've been doing things as they arise, i'm new to Pinball (second machine) so i am very lucky to know an operator with extensive experience next town over who has showed me how to do things like repair the beast wires etc.

Now need to try and find the leaf switch that operates the axe on the slingshot and stop it going off multiple times over and over, next learning curve for me.

I am incredibly impressed by the way this machine draws me in, must have had 15 games yesterday as i walked past to get a beer. I average around 400k on a good game and my best is just over a million, but i am starting to play with some purpose now and slowly figuring out where i am in the game and what to aim for.

Really just a very average to below average player, haven't played since childhood until getting my Deadpool NIB a few months ago and the cataracts don't help.

Anyway, just an introduction and a hello.

PS; There was a question about putting Pinstadiums on Hobbit a few pages back, the photos show them on Deadpool (which has a dark area between the flippers and the middle of the playfield) where i think it really improves the game. The Hobbit, on the other hand, is so very well lit and the light show has so much going for it and so much work and thought gone into it, i think it would be a real shame to disrupt the standard lights. (see second photo)
To each their own and i know lots would laugh at my pimped Deadpool and call it clown puke too.
I have a Rocker C which is pimped out a lot, but it sits next to my standard Duke 1098 and MkIV LeMans cycles.

I do have the coolasfuk sword handle shooter rod coming for Hobbit though and i am so disappointed that while i was on page 110 or so i missed out on the last gold buttons by a day or so.

pinball6 (resized).jpgpinball6 (resized).jpgpinball5 (resized).jpgpinball5 (resized).jpg
#7076 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

My spider "screams" as it goes up. I can't quite figure out what the issue is. I think the metal Spider pop up housing might be rubbing against the metal case attached to the bottom of the PF. Not sure how I can adjust that housing 1 millimeter to the left.

Yes. Spent a lot of time but could never get it corrected.

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yes. Spent a lot of time but could never get it corrected.

Can't say we had the same problem, but the spider was totally hitting the housing. Black metal left a line on the steel. I took huge pliers and bent the housing away from the spider. Seemed to solve the issue 95% of the time. The downside is that the bracket no longer lines up with the playfield hole for the screw...

#7078 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The Hobbit, on the other hand, is so very well lit and the light show has so much going for it and so much work and thought gone into it, i think it would be a real shame to disrupt the standard lights.

Fully agree. I contemplated doing it but I see everything perfectly so what's the point and the additional flasher colors would wipe out the already cool light show.

#7079 4 years ago

Quick question, after i light ,ITF, what do i have to shoot to start it?

Never have time to look around on this game.

#7080 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quick question, after i light ,ITF, what do i have to shoot to start it?
Never have time to look around on this game.

Radagast hole on the right side.

#7081 4 years ago

Thank you. Gandalf was telling me to shoot that hole but i thought it was to finish the mode i was on.
So next ball the ITF is still lit, do i have to re qualify something or just shoot the hole and it auto starts?

#7082 4 years ago

99% sure you just need to shoot the hole again.

#7083 4 years ago

I believe you can hit either the Radagast hole on right or hole on left. Both will start ITF.

#7084 4 years ago

Thanks guys. Slowly getting my averages up, have only broke a million once.

pinball5 (resized).jpgpinball5 (resized).jpg
#7085 4 years ago

All 3 mini wizard modes are started by hitting radagast or balin when flashing arrows and mode lit above flippers.

#7086 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get one of the lockdown bar plates to replace the decal? Can't find them here anymore?

cf78dd787f41a91ce7af46e26e04da4b0669e6f8 (resized).jpgcf78dd787f41a91ce7af46e26e04da4b0669e6f8 (resized).jpg
#7087 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Anyone know where I can get one of the lockdown bar plates to replace the decal? Can't find them here anymore?[quoted image]

A few distributors have them in stock:

https://mezelmods.com/products/hobbit-pinball-lockdown-bar-ring-button-kit?variant=46653304904

https://pu-parts.com/the-hobbit-pinball-lockdown-bar-ring-button-plate

#7088 4 years ago

Just picked up a NIB #667 Hobbit LE that was brought up from the states. Made in late June 2016, so I'll need to do some code update this weekend. When looking for a NIB Hobbit it was rather hard to find stock. JJP's been sold out for some time as has Canada stock. Does anyone know if manufacturing has ceased and if the license has or will be running out soon?

Also, I was trying to determine production numbers and from leafing this this thread am wondering if this is correct:

Hobbit Standard = Unknown
Hobbit LE = 1500
Hobbit Smaug = Unknown (numbered, but random - is that correct?)
Hobbit Black Arrow = 750

My sons love dragons and really enjoy playing this at league, so this will be a signifiant addition to our household. Our 2nd JJP and certainly not the last.
IMG_6308 (resized).JPGIMG_6308 (resized).JPG

#7090 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I believe you can hit either the Radagast hole on right or hole on left. Both will start ITF.

This is correct, and for all 3 mini wiz modes

#7091 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I think mine makes some noise but i've always thought they were just the normal beast mechs going up and down.

Possibly use some sticky ptfe teflon sheet (liekthe stuff on the bottom of your computer mouse) to make it glive inside the mech itself?

#7092 4 years ago

License still good
More production is possible not imminent

#7093 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Anyone know where I can get one of the lockdown bar plates to replace the decal? Can't find them here anymore?

Jon: When you order one, they come in two flavors. Mine (in picture) is solid. They also have one that is laser cut and allows the lockdown color through.

#7094 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Just picked up a NIB #667 Hobbit LE that was brought up from the states. Made in late June 2016, so I'll need to do some code update this weekend. When looking for a NIB Hobbit it was rather hard to find stock. JJP's been sold out for some time as has Canada stock. Does anyone know if manufacturing has ceased and if the license has or will be running out soon?
Also, I was trying to determine production numbers and from leafing this this thread am wondering if this is correct:
Hobbit Standard = Unknown
Hobbit LE = 1500
Hobbit Smaug = Unknown (numbered, but random - is that correct?)
Hobbit Black Arrow = Unknown
My sons love dragons and really enjoy playing this at league, so this will be a signifiant addition to our household. Our 2nd JJP and certainly not the last.[quoted image]

No, Black Arrow is a run of 750.

IMGP0160 (resized).jpgIMGP0160 (resized).jpg
#7095 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I think mine makes some noise but i've always thought they were just the normal beast mechs going up and down.

Possibly use some sticky ptfe teflon sheet (liekthe stuff on the bottom of your computer mouse) to make it glive inside the mech itself?

I just finished putting the game back together after doing all the upgrades. Unfortunately my spider fix didn't work. I'll have to do it again. All the beasts make noise going up and down, especially with the glass off, but my spider makes an especially annoying shriek. I used to have the hobbit, so I know this is not normal.

My smaug magnet is not catching the ball either. I hope that can be adjusted. It activates in test mode.

#7096 4 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I just finished putting the game back together after doing all the upgrades. Unfortunately my spider fix didn't work. I'll have to do it again. All the beasts make noise going up and down, especially with the glass off, but my spider makes an especially annoying shriek. I used to have the hobbit, so I know this is not normal.
My smaug magnet is not catching the ball either. I hope that can be adjusted. It activates in test mode.

Smaug magnet not working in game mode is an opto issue I believe.

#7097 4 years ago

Is there a way to know how far through Smaug MB you are, apart from looking at the video clips? Thanks.

#7098 4 years ago

Couldn't pull this off again if I tried.

20190615_184857 (resized).jpg20190615_184857 (resized).jpg
#7099 4 years ago

Best game I've ever had and only 5.2 million? Killed Smaug, made it through all the mini wizard modes with only 2 balls and back through to ITTF one shot away from victory. Played 21 modes beating 10 of them. Pic taken after BOTFA played. I have a problem playing BOTFA feeling lost. The call outs are pretty piss poor. Before the ball drained I was able to notice stage 2 has an elf drop target glowing green. Clearly that wouldve completed stage 2. Not a whole lot of documentation on that mode so if anyone cares to add please do.

20190616_113627 (resized).jpg20190616_113627 (resized).jpg
#7100 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Best game I've ever had and only 5.2 million? Killed Smaug, made it through all the mini wizard modes with only 2 balls and back through to ITTF one shot away from victory. Played 21 modes beating 10 of them. Pic taken after BOTFA played. I have a problem playing BOTFA feeling lost. The call outs are pretty piss poor. Before the ball drained I was able to notice stage 2 has an elf drop target glowing green. Clearly that wouldve completed stage 2. Not a whole lot of documentation on that mode so if anyone cares to add please do.[quoted image]

Bora is pretty new.

I'm just happy to have it after waiting 2 years for a code update.

Maybe there's one more update in the works, it's almost there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/142?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.