Topic Stats

• 8,088 posts
  • 527 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by TOLLS
  • Topic is favorited by 191 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,179 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B6DEFB70-D32A-474A-A4DE-FE7EB6B909F1 (resized).jpeg
EA74C334-0179-4521-928B-A73E8EB74357 (resized).jpeg
46F6C0B3-5EA5-402F-9C0F-C6604D2A4293 (resized).jpeg
DSC05213 (resized).JPG
DSC05212 (resized).JPG
DSC05203 (resized).JPG
DSC05190 (resized).JPG
DSC05191 (resized).JPG
20191231_020309 (resized).jpg
20191231_020316 (resized).jpg
20191231_020311 (resized).jpg
20191231_020334 (resized).jpg
20180720_165623 (resized).jpg
20191227_200249 (resized).jpg
4633C49D-49D3-4DF0-960A-1C04CA53D131 (resized).jpeg
874435AB-97D5-4D74-8375-09F6D2EC1E2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8088 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 162.
#651 3 years ago

Anyone who has played 1.20 code want to share their thoughts on it? My game is being delivered Tuesday and super excited to play it!

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look for loose connector or loose wire in a connector.

Thanks Lloyd you are the man,

There is a large connector coming out of the back of the PC Box lots of yellow wires ( Manual Version 1.6 page D-72 connector J18.) Turns out this connector was so loose it fell into my hand. Plugged it in and voila. This also fixed the spots not working and the start button light not working.

When I turned it on and everything worked my stress was replaced by euphoria and I was humbled.

Here's to LTG, TH & JJP

#653 3 years ago

I've been loving hobbit so far. One thing I wish it was easier to tell when the lockdown bar button lit for what purpose. Postponing something is much different than cashing in a score and the back glass isn't always so easy to look at in frenzy of play. I think it'd be great if the lockdown bar button was a different color for cashing in points vs postponing a mode/lock.

Got some TrueColor protectors added today

image_(resized).jpeg

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

TrueColor protectors added today

Where are they from?

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Where are they from?

What he said

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What he said

Yup. Same. Looked on their site. Not listed yet. I want a set!

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I've been loving hobbit so far. One thing I wish it was easier to tell when the lockdown bar button lit for what purpose. Postponing something is much different than cashing in a score and the back glass isn't always so easy to look at in frenzy of play. I think it'd be great if the lockdown bar button was a different color for cashing in points vs postponing a mode/lock.

Agree. The color of the button should be different for each "award"/action.

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Agree. The color of the button should be different for each "award"/action.

Agreed as well - the Ring button function changes all the time and needs to be represented with a different color, like TWD's lockdown bar button. If its RGB it wouldn't be hard to program different colors in it. Point awards should be a flashing color, maybe blue, and mode change should be solid red. Backstab could be yellow. Something like that..

#662 3 years ago

Thanks for the link - I ordered as well.

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Can you tell me where you got the flipper rubbers? Also, are there any other mods you have installed?

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Where are they from?

Sorry guys, they are posted here:
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/hobbit-pinball-true-color-protectors
Unlike the other protectors, they're clear in the middle so wont green color bomb your plastics. Only glow green around the edges.

And our dark room brightening kit is posted here:
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/hobbit-pinball-led-add-dark-room-brightening-kit

While maybe not as needed as the WoZ kit was, it still provides decent improvement through center playfield and flipper area.

2016-06-14_(resized).jpg

Finally, the flipper rubbers are green superbands from pinballlife. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sorry guys, they are posted here:
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/hobbit-pinball-true-color-protectors
Unlike the other protectors, they're clear in the middle so wont green color bomb your plastics. Only glow green around the edges.
And our dark room brightening kit is posted here:
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/hobbit-pinball-led-add-dark-room-brightening-kit
While maybe not as needed as the WoZ kit was, it still provides decent improvement through center playfield and flipper area.

Finally, the flipper rubbers are green superbands from pinballlife. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172

Thanks for this !! I ordered the plastic protectors as well.

#666 3 years ago

Just arrived.

#667 3 years ago

I see an immediate return. PM me for my forward address.

#668 3 years ago

Epic game on TH today !! New 1.73M grand champ score, and killed Smaug, along with also hitting Into the Fire Arkenstone mode.

When you kill Smaug (without spoiling too much) machine pauses to play an awesome video clip, then proceeds into another killer multiball.

image_(resized).jpeg

#669 3 years ago

KPG are you loving the pin? Can you compare to anything else you've had in your collection or played before?

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

KPG are you loving the pin? Can you compare to anything else you've had in your collection or played before?

I absolutely love it. Hadn't played it in a bit due to a hand surgery (still recovering from it though) and this was one of a few games I played on it today.

I love my other machines (TWD and MET) but they feel so much different then TH- not only from a build quality standpoint, as TH is clearly the "Bentley" of pinball machines, but just the overall package from sound, lighting, LCD, and gameplay. TH truly feels like what an $8K+ machine should feel like. The code is going to make it even more of a winner over time.

I still can't believe I almost skipped over it completely after reading all the negative BS on Pinside- I realize all the time the people here favor old school Bally/Williams machines (just look at the Pinside rankings!) and Stern's, and for some reason there's a JJP hater bandwagon who loves to trash anything they do. It's a huge winner in my opinion, and it's almost guaranteed I buy whatever their game #3 is after this. This is coming from someone who sold a WOZ pretty quickly after buying it too.. TH is so much better..

#671 3 years ago

Congrats! Now time to put that bad boy next to that WOZ!

#672 3 years ago

KPG do you know when the new code is going to be released to the public? Also, thoughts on the new code? My machine was delivered today and I get back in town on Thursday, so was hoping it would be out by then!

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

KPG do you know when the new code is going to be released to the public? Also, thoughts on the new code? My machine was delivered today and I get back in town on Thursday, so was hoping it would be out by then!

I am not sure when it will be released- but I think it needs some more polish before releasing to the public. There have been a couple glitches that were not in 1.10, namely Smaug MB starting on its own one time, and another when hitting the right hole for an extra ball it just terminated my ball and started the next one which was weird. Also, sometimes there is a blinking MAN light that won't go away. All of those either happened once or a couple times, nothing serious. Also, the In The Fire Arkenstone mode is very bare with no callouts, special sound effects, music, etc- so lots to do there as well. I don't even know if there are other Arkenstone modes you can get to besides In The Fire at this point.

Either way, there is definitely a nice amount of changes from 1.10 -> 1.20, and i've had zero restarts since using it.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I still can't believe I almost skipped over it completely after reading all the negative BS on Pinside- I realize all the time the people here favor old school Bally/Williams machines (just look at the Pinside rankings!) and Stern's, and for some reason there's a JJP hater bandwagon who loves to trash anything they do.

Same here, I was about to cancel too based on some early feedback - finally went to go play it and was a bit pissed off that I almost cancelled without playing it. If you have played it and isn't for you no worries, but if you are considering it please play it for yourself first and make up your own mind. I think it is fantastic!

EDIT: I am also a big fan of Sterns fast games too like TRON, IM, MET, and ST - TH is right up there in fun!

EDIT#2: Not pissed off at people that don't like it - pissed that I almost didn't get my own opinion first hand before cancelling.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am not sure when it will be released- but I think it needs some more polish before releasing to the public. There have been a couple glitches that were not in 1.10, namely Smaug MB starting on its own one time, and another when hitting the right hole for an extra ball it just terminated my ball and started the next one which was weird. Also, sometimes there is a blinking MAN light that won't go away. All of those either happened once or a couple times, nothing serious. Also, the In The Fire Arkenstone mode is very bare with no callouts, special sound effects, music, etc- so lots to do there as well. I don't even know if there are other Arkenstone modes you can get to besides In The Fire at this point.
Either way, there is definitely a nice amount of changes from 1.10 -> 1.20, and i've had zero restarts since using it.

Quoted from Goronic:

Same here, I was about to cancel too based on some early feedback - finally went to go play it and was a bit pissed off that I almost cancelled without playing it. If you have played it and isn't for you no worries, but if you are considering it please play it for yourself first and make up your own mind. I think it is fantastic!
EDIT: I am also a big fan of Sterns fast games too like TRON, IM, MET, and ST - TH is right up there in fun!
EDIT#2: Not pissed off at people that don't like it - pissed that I almost didn't get my own opinion first hand before cancelling.

Do you guys feel like the shots are satisfying to make? I realize it was earlier code i was playing, but I had the make the right ramp many times and it got a little old to me. I was actually trying to find one to play with newer code, but couldn't. I sold my spot, but I'm certainly interested in possibly purchasing again at some point. Want to wait until the issues are worked out. The Hobbit as well as Smaug, is a theme I love.

#676 3 years ago

Also, I keep seeing them come up for sale. That's a little worrisome. I know, I need to find one to play nearby.

#677 3 years ago

I think you have to take a lot of what people say with a grain of salt. WOZ got so much hate but it always looked good to me and plays like nothing else and code updates made it better and better. I expect the same with TH. Some of the comments worry me but then I just remember what people said about WOZ. I get mine in August and can't see not getting JJP#3.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Also, I keep seeing them come up for sale. That's a little worrisome. I know, I need to find one to play nearby.

I wouldn't sweat it. People bought these ages ago and things change.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Do you guys feel like the shots are satisfying to make? I realize it was earlier code i was playing, but I had the make the right ramp many times and it got a little old to me. I was actually trying to find one to play with newer code, but couldn't. I sold my spot, but I'm certainly interested in possibly purchasing again at some point. Want to wait until the issues are worked out. The Hobbit as well as Smaug, is a theme I love.

I personally find both ramps to feel satisfying to hit when the flippers have the right power settings on them. Also, the beast popups always feel good to hit. The orbits are difficult to hit so when you finally do nail a clean orbit shot it feels great. The left hole is easy to hit when back handing from the left flipper, but hard to hit off the right one. I still haven't found a trick to hit the right hole, and it's a very difficult shot- my least favorite on the entire playfield. Also it's tough to hit the lower Elf and Man drop targets, but hitting the Dwarf drops are great.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I absolutely love it. Hadn't played it in a bit due to a hand surgery (still recovering from it though) and this was one of a few games I played on it today.
I love my other machines (TWD and MET) but they feel so much different then TH- not only from a build quality standpoint, as TH is clearly the "Bentley" of pinball machines, but just the overall package from sound, lighting, LCD, and gameplay. TH truly feels like what an $8K+ machine should feel like. The code is going to make it even more of a winner over time.
I still can't believe I almost skipped over it completely after reading all the negative BS on Pinside- I realize all the time the people here favor old school Bally/Williams machines (just look at the Pinside rankings!) and Stern's, and for some reason there's a JJP hater bandwagon who loves to trash anything they do. It's a huge winner in my opinion, and it's almost guaranteed I buy whatever their game #3 is after this. This is coming from someone who sold a WOZ pretty quickly after buying it too.. TH is so much better..

I also sold WoZ pretty quick but love Hobbit so far. Im not sure about game 3 as I'm not a lawlor fan (mainly due to his software which he usually has written himself by his own teams). But Hobbit is definitely a winner.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I also sold WoZ pretty quick but love Hobbit so far. Im not sure about game 3 as I'm not a lawlor fan (mainly due to his software which he usually has written himself by his own teams). But Hobbit is definitely a winner.

Interesting point... I have been assuming that Keith would be doing the code which would have made it a near certainty for me unless the theme was horrible. If Keith is not doing the code I am not so sure.

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Interesting point... I have been assuming that Keith would be doing the code which would have made it a near certainty for me unless the theme was horrible. If Keith is not doing the code I am not so sure.

I'm pretty sure Ted is "lead" on Pat's game and Keith is "lead" on Hobbit with each helping the other out along with some other junior coders.

#683 3 years ago

I ordered my Hobbit on 12/12/2012 and still have not heard anything. For those just receiving your games what was your order date?

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Epic game on TH today !! New 1.73M grand champ score, and killed Smaug, along with also hitting Into the Fire Arkenstone mode.
When you kill Smaug (without spoiling too much) machine pauses to play an awesome video clip, then proceeds into another killer multiball.

Mate, I think all of us waiting for their games need some new video footage of 1.20 software version

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I ordered my Hobbit on 12/12/2012 and still have not heard anything. For those just receiving your games what was your order date?

I am an order date of 12-13-2012 and have not heard a peep since I was told late May a couple months ago. I'm hoping with the delay that mine will have recent issues corrected and 1.20 code.

#686 3 years ago

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago. Got it yesterday More pics. Little nervous about a loud grinding/buzzing sound at the start of a ball. Is that just the drop targets resetting? Also sad to say my first left ramp shot ended up here (see pic).

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#687 3 years ago

Geez, wonder why they taking so long to fix simple things like this.

Do your beasts have the beast fix?

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yea I don't think it's Keith. "Pat lawlor designs" usually handles the code which is why pay lawlor games all feel like they have the same basic rule set. But we will see. Even when lawlor did games for stern, he had his own teams do the software. One of those guys lives near me and was explaining it to me.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago. Got it yesterday

#690 3 years ago

At home.

image_(resized).jpeg

#691 3 years ago

Looks great! There is a thread about some fixes. I purchased a post from Pinball Life which can be put there to help and others have talked about gently bending the end of the habitrail.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago. Got it yesterday More pics. Little nervous about a loud grinding/buzzing sound at the start of a ball. Is that just the drop targets resetting? Also sad to say my first left ramp shot ended up here (see pic).

Yep, that is the common ball trap. JJP is working on a solution. Main do-it-yourself fixes are as follows:

1) Bend end loop up to help direct ball downwards and through the loop. (improvement but not 100% fix)
2) Put a spacer under the mounting bracket at the end of the rail to lift the rail up and slow the ball down. (Edit: 100% fix and reversible)
3) File last two cross bars on rail so ball doesn't hit them on its way down the rail. (100% fix but irreversible)

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yep, that is the common ball trap. JJP is working on a solution. Main do-it-yourself fixes are as follows:
1) Bend end loop up to help direct ball downwards and through the loop. (improvement but not 100% fix)
2) Put a spacer under the mounting bracket at the end of the rail to lift the rail up and slow the ball down. (better results than #1)
3) File last two cross bars on rail so ball doesn't hit them on its way down the rail. (100% fix but irreversible)

2 was a 100% fix for me.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Grinding/buzzing sound is normal. Just the drops resetting slightly in sequence.

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea I don't think it's Keith. "Pat lawlor designs" usually handles the code which is why pay lawlor games all feel like they have the same basic rule set. But we will see. Even when lawlor did games for stern, he had his own teams do the software. One of those guys lives near me and was explaining it to me.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I will have to see how things go I guess. Good to get some variety though.

#696 3 years ago

Woke up to this today.

image_(resized).jpeg

#697 3 years ago

Is/Was it glued on?

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

2) Put a spacer under the mounting bracket at the end of the rail to lift the rail up and slow the ball down. (Edit: 100% fix and reversible)

Good tips. I did 1 and 2 and its worked like a charm. I removed the lower screw from the far left habit rail and bent it upwards. I then put two plastic washers that are used between leg bolts and powder coated legs. No more issues.

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Woke up to this today.

Mine has velcro holding it on.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Woke up to this today.

A gift from the Elves.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 21.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 8088 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 162.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside