IMG_1276 (resized).jpeg
HobbitLedsOut (resized).jpeg
IMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
20240302_150524 (resized).jpg
20240302_144015 (resized).jpg
20240302_141944 (resized).jpg
20240302_154644 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 260.
#6251 5 years ago

My wife is twisting my arm and wants me to sell Hobbit to buy AFMrLE lol. But - I love my preciousssss.

#6252 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Thank you very much ltg for the info. 3 monsters on the 4 weren't correctly adjusted.
Unfortunatelly, this didn't solve the random problem on the ORC, who sometimes, do a mini jump before going up (like showed on the video https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au8iWRzg08HDpE5MkuFtMOQW72_T)
Any other suggestion?
Thanks

Is it binding in the black weldment?

Manually actuate it.
It should drop like a rock and have zero resistance.

Other than that, if the switch is gapped too closely the mech will register a false hit and drop exactly as it does in your vid.

Mostly the warg does this due to it's different shape, it's a little bouncy.

So try opening the switch gap a tiny bit?

#6253 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My wife is twisting my arm and wants me to sell Hobbit to buy AFMrLE lol. But - I love my preciousssss.

It's best to have both.

#6254 5 years ago

When is final code going to be released that is beyond 3.0 with the screwed up lighting effects at end of game? I am on 2.97 and waiting to upgrade again till everything settles.

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It's best to have both.

That's what I said

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

When is final code going to be released that is beyond 3.0 with the screwed up lighting effects at end of game? I am on 2.97 and waiting to upgrade again till everything settles.

If you are not on 3.0 you are really missing out.

The lighting effects are only altered for the moment, when and if you enter initials.

It's a tiny thing that has no bearing on gameplay.

Other than that it's the same.

That being said 3.0 is lightyears ahead of 2.97

3.10 is coming down the road a ways.

#6257 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That is seriously insane. You will be selling AFM in weeks after owning a game like Hobbit

#6258 5 years ago

Two things,

Has anyone had an issue with the ball getting stuck above the railing post along the upper right side? It bounces off the DWARF targets when launched from the upper flipper at speed and comes back with a vengeance. Usually after a left orbit full speed loop. I was thinking of installing a toy as a blocking point or a plastic blocking panel below the rails. Has anyone else had this issue and solved it and can advise? Or just better to adjust upper flipper power down?

Also,
My wife thinks that the launcher spring needs replacement. The skill shot to hit R or F in DWARF is impossible even with a max draw manual launch. Whats the expected lifespan of these? What size and tension should I order, or just order them all and see what plays best? Or should I be moving washers around the launcher to adjust impacts that way?

Thanks for advice in advance.

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

Two things,
Has anyone had an issue with the ball getting stuck above the railing post along the upper right side? It bounces off the DWARF targets when launched from the upper flipper at speed and comes back with a vengeance. Usually after a left orbit full speed loop. I was thinking of installing a toy as a blocking point or a plastic blocking panel below the rails. Has anyone else had this issue and solved it and can advise? Or just better to adjust upper flipper power down?
Also,
My wife thinks that the launcher spring needs replacement. The skill shot to hit R or F in DWARF is impossible even with a max draw manual launch. Whats the expected lifespan of these? What size and tension should I order, or just order them all and see what plays best? Or should I be moving washers around the launcher to adjust impacts that way?
Thanks for advice in advance.

Lower the upper flipper power a lot.

High upper flipper power only breaks the drop targets and does little else in the game.

Get a blue spring from marco.

To find ball traps:

Take a ball and drop it randomly all around the game, including on top of plastics etc.

Make any appropriate adjustments if the ball doesn't return to the playfield.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is seriously insane. You will be selling AFM in weeks after owning a game like Hobbit

I traded my AFMLE for Hobbit + cash and it's the best pinball related decision I have ever made. AFM got boring fast - Hobbit is a keeper. Zero regrets.

#6261 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I traded my AFMLE for Hobbit + cash and it's the best pinball related decision I have ever made. AFM got boring fast - Hobbit is a keeper. Zero regrets.

If it were my only pin I'd agree.

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have had my hobbit since month 2 of production.

In all honesty I play Houdini and AFMle more than my hobbit.

But, I play hobbit much more now with the new code.

In fact I stopped playing it altogether before the amazing new code updates.

As of code 3.0 I'm enjoying the game more than ever.

It's a keeper for sure.

#6263 5 years ago

Is this the same issue as I described some posts ago with pictures included? I’m still looking for other solutions.

#6264 5 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Is this the same issue as I described some posts ago with pictures included? I’m still looking for other solutions.

See post #6259

#6265 5 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Above the spinner? I screwed a post into the side rail there. No more issue.

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I'm on 2.991, hardly any different than 3.0 but seems to not have the inherent issues 3.0 introduced. I'm probably going to wait for 3.11 before I update.

#6267 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Absolutely not!!!! I like AFM but play it for a half hour or so and then decide. You can play it free on the pinball arcade on PlayStation or whatever and you'll know right away if it would hold your interest.

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Above the spinner? I screwed a post into the side rail there. No more issue.

Image please.

#6269 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I recently added the Pindemption software to my Hobbit and will be streaming it tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern if you want to check out what it adds to the game! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
[quoted image]

Ha!!! We were literally just talking about this the other night at a pinball party at my house. Can you just add it??? Or do you need the hardware too? Tuning in for sure.

#6270 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Absolutely not!!!! I like AFM but play it for a half hour or so and then decide. You can play it free on the pinball arcade on PlayStation or whatever and you'll know right away if it would hold your interest.

We played the AFMr LE at a friend’s house quite a bit. We loved it. We have that or MBr on our list for quick fun games in our collection. We like variety, so far JJP POTC and Hobbit are great but we want a game like MB or AFM too.

#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ha!!! We were literally just talking about this the other night at a pinball party at my house. Can you just add it??? Or do you need the hardware too? Tuning in for sure.

You have to send in he security dongle from your game and they add it for a $200 charge for the software only. Then you can turn pindemption on or off in your settings whenever you want.

I was quoted $800 if you want the ticket dispenser too.

Here’s a link to the full Pindemption stream for anyone who may have missed it. I played around with a bunch of different play types throughout the stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/364105979

#6272 5 years ago

Absolutely not!!!!

Totally agree I have them next to each other. I like the Hobbit much more and it gets more play but that's personal preference. AFM no slouch either but I wouldn't sell hobbit for it.

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

You have to send in he security dongle from your game and they add it for a $200 charge for the software only. Then you can turn pindemption on or off in your settings whenever you want.
I was quoted $800 if you want the ticket dispenser too.
Here’s a link to the full Pindemption stream for anyone who may have missed it. I played around with a bunch of different play types throughout the stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/364105979

Thanks for showing us that . Cool to see how it all worked playing for tickets but I don't feel as though I need to rush out and get it .

#6274 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

We played the AFMr LE at a friend’s house quite a bit. We loved it. We have that or MBr on our list for quick fun games in our collection. We like variety, so far JJP POTC and Hobbit are great but we want a game like MB or AFM too.

I agree they're fun games and I play them anytime I'm at my friend's house that owns them. I'm just saying for $7k, I wouldn't own one over a newer game with more depth and variety. I just recommend he played one extensively and decide before selling off a game he loves in hobbit.

#6275 5 years ago

Version 3.10 is up on the JJP site:

== Version 3.10 January 14, 2019 ==
== 3.10 ISO image MD5 checksum: 46eb3aa56a055564673ce5ed19b4ac63 ==
==============================================================================

- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

=== Game Code

* Fixed rare game reset in Smaug Multiball
* Fixed Game Over lamp effect after entering name/initials
* Fixed Spider hits in Battle of Five Armies stage 6
* Fixed mode total display in Barrel Escape and Battle of Five Armies
* Fixed speech in "Escape from Goblin-town"
* Adjusted timing of "Stage X Complete" display/speech in Battle of Five Armies
* Changed Barrel Escape to split Stage 2 A/B parts into separate stages
* Polished up various lamp effects
* Adjusted gain and music ducking on several sound effects
* Added mode total screens for Arkenstone Modes

=== Core Code

* Fixed UK pricing presets

=== OS

* Fixed sound loss/distortion that occurs after game on for several hours
* Performance improvements

#6276 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

just saw you have Pirates too. Damn that game is awesome as well. Way too complex for on location play IMO, and way too complex for the average player. But man is it fun,....

#6277 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Version 3.10 is up on the JJP site

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

#6278 5 years ago

3.10 installed, played one game and the playfield is once again burning..........Thanks!

#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

just saw you have Pirates too. Damn that game is awesome as well. Way too complex for on location play IMO,

People here love it. Claim it's the best JJP pin.

LTG : )

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Same here. It is loved by both the hardcore regulars and the casuals/newbies, which is pretty unusual.

(To stay on topic: Hobbit has also been very popular, but especially with the casual and younger crowd.)

#6281 5 years ago

I have had my hobbit since month 2 of production.
In all honesty I play Houdini and AFMle more than my hobbit.
But, I play hobbit much more now with the new code.
In fact I stopped playing it altogether before the amazing new code updates.
As of code 3.0 I'm enjoying the game more than ever.
It's a keeper for sure.

I hope so.... I haven't updated to 3.00 as I tried and had issues downloading. ONce I get the new code stick from my buddy then we'll see as I only have about 84 games on mine and more then 1/2 aren't full games.

Kinda wished I bought a DI, but my wife won't let me sell Hobbit even though she plays GB everyday and might have played hobbit 10.

It's when I play the old code it's kinda like.....okay can't wait to get done

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I hope so.... I haven't updated to 3.00 as I tried and had issues downloading. ONce I get the new code stick from my buddy then we'll see as I only have about 84 games on mine and more then 1/2 aren't full games.
Kinda wished I bought a DI, but my wife won't let me sell Hobbit even though she plays GB everyday and might have played hobbit 10.
It's when I play the old code it's kinda like.....okay can't wait to get done

Might as well go straight to 3.10, it's also a full ISO install.

#6283 5 years ago

3.10 installed, so far so good!

#6284 5 years ago

For those of you having issues making a boot disk with Unetbootin, try Rufus. I tried to make a boot disc with Unetbootin 4 times on two different operating systems. Rufus took the first time.

#6285 5 years ago

So I finally had a rubber break in my game. Anyone have suggestions on a good replacement set? If I go with Titan rubbers does anyone have any color suggestions?

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So I finally had a rubber break in my game. Anyone have suggestions on a good replacement set? If I go with Titan rubbers does anyone have any color suggestions?

I swapped out the stock white with clear. I think it looks better and doesn’t show black dust as much as the white.
My second color choice would be black

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just spent about 2 hours on it on a trip to Dallas, and it was absolutely amazing -

#6288 5 years ago

Just updated to 3.10. Playing great, thanks JJP

#6289 5 years ago

I went with titan rubbers in green on my game. Posted some pics earlier in the thread.

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I swapped out the stock white with clear. I think it looks better and doesn’t show black dust as much as the white.
My second color choice would be black

Do you have pictures? What colors did you use on the flippers and did you replace the posts as well?

#6291 5 years ago

Played for a few hours on 3.10 and boy is it polished now! Not a single glitch and the whole game just plays flawlessly now. Love the Smaug fire breathing effect on the playfield at game end. Such an epic and intense game, there’s nothing like Hobbit. Forgot how much I love this game, just a masterpiece.

#6293 5 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you have pictures? What colors did you use on the flippers and did you replace the posts as well?

I’ll post some later today. I replaced the posts with clear ones as well. However, the bottom flippers are using green and the top right is using red.

#6294 5 years ago

I clipped out a ticket game where I defeated Smaug as well as a timed game with standard rules using the Pindemption software:

#6295 5 years ago

Thanks for the clip! Just a few hundred more games and you'd have enough tickets to get an MP3 Player!!!!

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Thanks for the clip! Just a few hundred more games and you'd have enough tickets to get an MP3 Player!!!!

A zune!

#6297 5 years ago

I have a problem with 3.1.

loaded the software fine. The solenoid for auto loading the ball into the shooter lane is firing but not with enough power to get the ball into the shooter lane. raised the strength on the adjustment page to no avail. Solenoid keeps firing but no ball

#6298 5 years ago

Hmmm... Power cycled the game. Raised VUK strength to 25 and all ok. No other problems

#6299 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I have a problem with 3.1.
loaded the software fine. The solenoid for auto loading the ball into the shooter lane is firing but not with enough power to get the ball into the shooter lane. raised the strength on the adjustment page to no avail. Solenoid keeps firing but no ball

Check to see if any screws are loose that mount the mech.

Reinstall the software.

#6300 5 years ago

Reinstall the software.

If you do this, I'd try a new download of the ISO too. Maybe your download was corrupted ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/126?hl=furio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.