Topic Stats

• 6,382 posts
  • 444 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by frankmac
  • Topic is favorited by 155 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 815 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190119_171849 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190119_165459~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190117_152600 (resized).jpg
02A59B03-1239-47C2-A9BB-E42262351428 (resized).jpeg
7B38DFFD-051E-44AC-8CC7-8E2D23DB6DF1 (resized).jpeg
011F829E-2445-491A-82B4-58AEEFB268AD (resized).jpeg
453EA986-ECE7-4972-BE79-5B34AD1EA569 (resized).jpeg
93F26E35-21C0-4BF4-AA84-117BDBCA01B4 (resized).jpeg
705F3077-E0AF-4671-A45D-B10441ED1924 (resized).jpeg
hobbit1 (resized).jpg
860F418C-F303-42AD-9096-3245F4C0045F (resized).jpeg
5646C6DD-AEB5-45C5-8C6F-CE27905405BA (resized).jpeg
660D4E71-E4A5-4539-868F-2F717342DEFC (resized).jpeg
C18E05D2-F8DC-4B3E-BB80-900FDC1CDF4E (resized).jpeg
20190109_211022 (resized).jpg
B661D69C-38B9-4E15-92C8-18F02665EB91 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6382 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 128.
#6201 10 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Joined the club and Hobbit will be my 2nd pin. Arrives tomorrow!

Congrats! You're gonna love it. Read up on the rules while you eagerly await your new game!

#6202 10 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's awesome! We play our hobbit most, second only to our Metallica. It's such a great game. You'll love it.

Ditto , Hobbit is also my most played pin by me.
Now even sure what would be 2nd either SW's or Woz would be my guess. congrats

#6203 10 days ago

That's awesome!

#6204 10 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Excellent!!
I know this pin has music from the movies, does anyone know if it has the “misty mountains cold” song at any point or during any mode? It’s my wife’s favorite.

Unfortunately, we couldn't get "Misty Mountains Cold". The licensing for that music involves multiple layers of ownership rights, which was much too difficult to work through.
--Ted

#6205 10 days ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Unfortunately, we couldn't get "Misty Mountains Cold". The licensing for that music involves multiple layers of ownership rights, which was much too difficult to work through.
--Ted

Thanks!! Wonderful song for sure.

#6206 10 days ago

--Ted

Thanks for the info. Any chance we can turn down the 'Chip the Glasses' a bit (during the mode) when you complete that rune? It is ....well .... not that great a song and seems to be a bit too loud to me... I like all the other music a lot - so I don't want to turn them all down.

Also, what do you do in that mode? I just check it off the list and keep going. Is there a victory lap /bonus period that you are trying to cash in points?

#6207 10 days ago

--Ted

That’s a bummer - I could have sworn that “that’s what bilbo baggins hates” is also from that Rankin/Bass cartoon where Misty Mountains is from. But I guess it’s not - the words are from the book, but the melody must be original.

#6208 10 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Did you buy a new one from a distributor?

Sort of, in a round about way, yes.

#6209 10 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Thanks for the info. Any chance we can turn down the 'Chip the Glasses' a bit (during the mode) when you complete that rune? It is ....well .... not that great a song and seems to be a bit too loud to me... I like all the other music a lot - so I don't want to turn them all down.

I did turn it down, starting with revision 2.96 back in July.

Also, what do you do in that mode? I just check it off the list and keep going. Is there a victory lap /bonus period that you are trying to cash in points?

I just flail around mindlessly, because it seems to always happen at the same time something else is running.

(I know that's not really what you were asking...)
--Ted

#6210 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Joined the club and Hobbit will be my 2nd pin. Arrives tomorrow!

If you like the movies you can't go wrong . My favourite " moment." in pinball is killing smug . It won't be leaving my place .

#6211 9 days ago

It’s here!!

C18E05D2-F8DC-4B3E-BB80-900FDC1CDF4E (resized).jpeg
#6212 9 days ago

Woo hoo!

#6213 9 days ago

I believe this has been answered however I am having trouble finding the actual suggested solution. With my hobbit if I make a clean solid shot to the left ramp it 95% of the time flies off the rails when it hits what I believe is the first bend on its way to the flippers. I have taken down the power of the flipper solenoid however if a clean shot is made and it even has a little bit of speed behind it, it will not make it to the flipper before falling off.

Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you correct it? Do I need to bend part of the rail up?

Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

#6214 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s here!![quoted image]

Sweet! Great to see more Hobbit's in WI.

#6215 9 days ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I believe this has been answered however I am having trouble finding the actual suggested solution. With my hobbit if I make a clean solid shot to the left ramp it 95% of the time flies off the rails when it hits what I believe is the first bend on its way to the flippers. I have taken down the power of the flipper solenoid however if a clean shot is made and it even has a little bit of speed behind it, it will not make it to the flipper before falling off.
Has anyone experienced this and if so how did you correct it? Do I need to bend part of the rail up?
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Either increase the height of the back legs or use duct tape on the ramp (after the entrance) to slow the ball down. There is also a newer ramp for Hobbit but not sure if that prevents the ball from flying off. I think it does. Where does it fly off?

#6216 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s here!![quoted image]

Nice ! Black Arrow , I assumed all the balls were going to be black including The Captive ones .

#6217 9 days ago

Ok so one problem I have. My plunger cannot reach the DWARF targets at all. I have tried centering the plunger, moving it around, different spots, etc, and still the same result. But, if I slap my palm against the plunger, the ball will hit the R or F drop target. Do I need a new spring?

#6218 9 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nice ! Black Arrow , I assumed all the balls were going to be black including The Captive ones .

No it appears that just the one is black. I think the black one is supposed to actually be the captive one so I may have to fix that.

#6219 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ok so one problem I have. My plunger cannot reach the DWARF targets at all. I have tried centering the plunger, moving it around, different spots, etc, and still the same result. But, if I slap my palm against the plunger, the ball will hit the R or F drop target. Do I need a new spring?

I had the same problem . Pull the clip of the Shooter Rod make sure the washer doesn't go flying and stretch the inner spring as much as possible . Ideally you need a stronger spring .
You just need it to reach the F target.

#6220 9 days ago

PS . stretch the spring in sections, and don't be shy really pull it . Also the rubber cap on the shooter rod can be really hard to get off , but it will come . When you put it back on put a little bit of spit on your finger and wipe it on the tip of the rod ( that sounds rude) in case you have to pull it off again to stretch the spring some more .

#6221 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Mine is also like that and I thought it was intentional. I pull the plunger back and manually plunge the ball with a flick of the wrist. I can hit the desired DWARF target much of the time by varying the force.

#6222 9 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

PS . stretch the spring in sections, and don't be shy really pull it . Also the rubber cap on the shooter rod can be really hard to get off , but it will come . When you put it back on put a little bit of spit on your finger and wipe it on the tip of the rod ( that sounds rude) in case you have to pull it off again to stretch the spring some more .

Did this and it didn't make a difference. I'll have to contact JJP about a new spring.

#6223 9 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Mine is also like that and I thought it was intentional. I pull the plunger back and manually plunge the ball with a flick of the wrist. I can hit the DWARF target much of the time.

From what I have read a full plunge should hit R or F.

#6224 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

From what I have read a full plunge should hit R or F.

I think that if I had all levelers flat on the floor that would probably be true but almost everyone raises the back. This is even recommended by JJP support for a faster game.

#6225 9 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I think that if I had all levelers flat on the floor that would probably be true but almost everyone raises the back. This is even recommended by JJP support for a faster game.

I have the back legs raised quite a fair bit on my game and consistently hit the 'F' target on a full plunge.

#6226 9 days ago

I have playfield at 6.5 degrees and level left to right so that’s not it either. I’ll see what JJP support says. Thank you all!

#6227 9 days ago
Quoted from pipes:

I have the back legs raised quite a fair bit on my game and consistently hit the 'F' target on a full plunge.

Have you stretched or replaced the spring? No way mine would every come close to that without major stretching.

#6228 9 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Either increase the height of the back legs or use duct tape on the ramp (after the entrance) to slow the ball down. There is also a newer ramp for Hobbit but not sure if that prevents the ball from flying off. I think it does. Where does it fly off?

I will take a pic when I get home however to best explain it when the ball takes the left ramp it then hits the habitrail from the ramp, once on the habitrail when it hits the first bend ot launches off. I will post pics tonight of exact location.

#6229 9 days ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Have you stretched or replaced the spring? No way mine would every come close to that without major stretching.

I've stretched it a fair amount and it barely hits the D. I'm not comfortable trying to stretch it even more.

#6230 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I've stretched it a fair amount and it barely hits the D. I'm not comfortable trying to stretch it even more.

Search "blue spring" in this thread for a solution. I think Marco probably others sell them.

#6231 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do this .... take the rubber tip off the plunger and take a paper towel and rip a small piece off then stuff it into the rubber and put it back on. You can add more if needed. This moves the rubber tip out further and may give you the extra boost you need. I would then go and order a new spring for the game. One that is high in tension.

#6232 9 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Do this .... take the rubber tip off the plunger and take a paper towel and rip a small piece off then stuff it into the rubber and put it back on. You can add more if needed. This moves the rubber tip out further and may give you the extra boost you need. I would then go and order a new spring for the game. One that is high in tension.

Ah nice tip let me try that!

edit: This worked!! Thanks for the tip.

#6233 9 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ah nice tip let me try that!
edit: This worked!! Thanks for the tip.

Good so at least you can enjoy the game a little more till you get the new spring. As mentioned above you want the Blue Spring .... Marco (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-3) is currently out of stock but this will at least show you the one to order.

#6234 9 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Good so at least you can enjoy the game a little more till you get the new spring. As mentioned above you want the Blue Spring .... Marco (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-3) is currently out of stock but this will at least show you the one to order.

Thanks so much.

#6235 9 days ago

Is there a guide on how to do things like killing Smaug, how the wizard modes are played, etc?

#6236 8 days ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/hobbit-pinball-rulesheet/1360

There is also a link somewhere in this thread with a list of related modes that can be completed in a particular order to get higher scores.

#6237 8 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you like the movies you can't go wrong . My favourite " moment." in pinball is killing smug . It won't be leaving my place .

For sure. Melting the witch in WOZ is amazing too. Long live pinball!

#6238 8 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

For sure. Melting the witch in WOZ is amazing too. Long live pinball!

The witch mode is way more intense Imo. Probably my favorite mini wizard mode ever.

#6239 8 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The witch mode is way more intense Imo. Probably my favorite mini wizard mode ever.

Yeah, I’ve only melted her a few times and it was memorable. Will have to try again soon

#6240 8 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yeah, I’ve only melted her a few times and it was memorable. Will have to try again soon

I've done it two or three times. Killed smaug only twice. Such great events. Makes me wonder what potc has to offer that's similar. I'm still considering that one or waiting to see Wonka or toystory first.

#6241 8 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've done it two or three times. Killed smaug only twice. Such great events. Makes me wonder what potc has to offer that's similar. I'm still considering that one or waiting to see Wonka or toystory first.

POTC has 5 wizard modes and then a final 6th wizard mode “break the curse”. I haven’t seen the 6th yet though. Not sure if it’s in game already or not.

#6242 8 days ago

There are 3 balltraps. I partially solved 2 of them but is there a better way? Can someone create a plastic that can be mounted on the 2 screws near the aera just like a little bit lower on the Bart plastic? See the pictures and you might understand what I mean.

5646C6DD-AEB5-45C5-8C6F-CE27905405BA (resized).jpeg660D4E71-E4A5-4539-868F-2F717342DEFC (resized).jpeg860F418C-F303-42AD-9096-3245F4C0045F (resized).jpeg
#6243 8 days ago

Have an odd issue. After my hobbit pin has been on for about 6-8 hours, the sound starts to get choppy, and eventually, stops working altogether. Powering the machine off and on fixes it. Ideas?

#6244 8 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I sure hope there is something similar to this in POTC. Those modes are truly special and just feel so damn good when you complete them!

#6245 7 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have an odd issue. After my hobbit pin has been on for about 6-8 hours, the sound starts to get choppy, and eventually, stops working altogether. Powering the machine off and on fixes it. Ideas?

I had that happen at a long party and Ted told me and posted that he has it fixed in the next release.

#6246 7 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I had that happen at a long party and Ted told me and posted that he has it fixed in the next release.

Good to hear, and thank you.

#6247 7 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Cool - it happened to me as well a few weeks ago. I just rebooted it - but on location that could be a problem. Glad it is getting fixed

#6248 6 days ago

I recently added the Pindemption software to my Hobbit and will be streaming it tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern if you want to check out what it adds to the game! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

hobbit1 (resized).jpg
#6249 6 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lower the plunger for cover, raise the plunger for popping up better.
LTG : )

Thank you very much ltg for the info. 3 monsters on the 4 weren't correctly adjusted.
Unfortunatelly, this didn't solve the random problem on the ORC, who sometimes, do a mini jump before going up (like showed on the video https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au8iWRzg08HDpE5MkuFtMOQW72_T)
Any other suggestion?

Thanks

#6250 6 days ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Any other suggestion?

Check if it's hitting the playfield going up.
LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,500.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.50
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Colgate, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 8,000.00
$ 59.99
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6382 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside