20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 260.
#6001 5 years ago

Has anybody tried to reposition the frame around the small screen on the Hobbit?

Mine is too low and too far left for me to see the whole screen from a players position. It appears to be held in place with double sided tape. Any ideas on how to remove the frame and secure it back in place?

#6002 5 years ago
Quoted from MoPinball:

Has anybody tried to reposition the frame around the small screen on the Hobbit?
Mine is too low and too far left for me to see the whole screen from a players position. It appears to be held in place with double sided tape. Any ideas on how to remove the frame and secure it back in place?

I carefully removed mine (for the same reason) - and yes it was double sided tape (for the most part). I then replaced the tape with as thin a double sided tape as I could find (so that I would not leave a large gap) and then aligned it nicely. Looks great and not hard to do

Also, I did have to cut the tape a bit as the tape I had was too wide and it needed to be fairly narrow on the top and bottom.

#6003 5 years ago
Quoted from MoPinball:

I just recently did this as well. The frame wasn't centered properly. I just carefully pulled it off - removed all of the old tape and re-applied new double sided tape and stuck it back on again.

#6004 5 years ago

Kevin from buffalo pinball has a stream where he tried to time out all the modes on 3.0, and his game glitched out (pf lights got stuck on mode 12 or so). Had to reboot twice to finally fix it. Anybody know what happened?...

#6005 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

You must have made other changes as well. Based on your description, you turned "Replay" ON, and set "Score Award Levels" to 4.
For my tastes, that's too many extra balls. However, I pass no judgement on how others like to set up their games.
--Ted

Most of my friends are lucky to break 200K on The Hobbit so I like to provide a little extra ball excitement. The problem is getting one at 200K, 300K, and 400K is overkill but I think that I found the issue....

Can someone explain the Replay section to me? I see the 300K grayed out (regardless of Boost setting) and obviously that is where the extra ball at 300K is coming from. However, why is there a percentage setting if the reward is automatic at 300K? My expectation for this feature is that there is a 10% chance of an extra ball becoming available during or after the game? I thought that perhaps it was tied to the Match setting because it makes no sense to get a free game if the machine is on Free Play. It would be cool to have a percentage chance to match for an extra ball at the end of the game if this is somehow possible?

IMG_3902 (resized).JPGIMG_3902 (resized).JPG
#6006 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Kevin from buffalo pinball has a stream where he tried to time out all the modes on 3.0, and his game glitched out (pf lights got stuck on mode 12 or so). Had to reboot twice to finally fix it. Anybody know what happened?...

I sent the team a stats dump after that stream. I’ll sure they’re on it )

#6007 5 years ago

Does anyone’s Hobbit have different pitch readings throughout the playfield?
Just got a new Black Arrow and when I try and set the pitch up correctly I get a variation of 0.5 - 0.8 degrees between the flippers and the top of the playfield.
Is this normal?

If it is, what reading do I take to be the pitch of my PF?

#6008 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Does anyone’s Hobbit have different pitch readings throughout the playfield?
Just got a new Black Arrow and when I try and set the pitch up correctly I get a variation of 0.5 - 0.8 degrees between the flippers and the top of the playfield.
Is this normal?
If it is, what reading do I take to be the pitch of my PF?

Between the flippers

#6009 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Between the flippers

So are you saying the variation between front and back is normal?

#6010 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

No idea, but that’s where you typically measure from. Do you use the PinGuy app, or an actual pitch locator?

#6011 5 years ago

Using Pin Guy.
But proved Pin Guy to be ok by using a different app on another phone and also by using on the pf glass. This stays at a constant pitch on the glass as you would expect.

#6012 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Yes.

Take 3 readings.

Top. Center. Lower area.

Average them out.

All playfield are less than flat.
There is a ton of heavy equipment on them.

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Using Pin Guy.
But proved Pin Guy to be ok by using a different app on another phone and also by using on the pf glass. This stays at a constant pitch on the glass as you would expect.

I’m not following why the pitch of the glass is relevant

#6014 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m not following why the pitch of the glass is relevant

He was using it to check the repeatability of the app.
In the pin guy app you can save the glass pitch after it is leveled correctly so in the future you dont have to take the glass off to check it. I use an Android phone so I use another level app and record my results manually.

#6015 5 years ago

I'm getting the following error message:
Drop Target Banks, Malfunction Detected, check (E)LF Drop Target. In the drop bank life test menu the E has many more down retries than the other drop targets.

I've searched for this particular issue but haven't found a solution other than check your springs. My springs look good, the drop targets positions are detected correctly in switch test. It seems to work normally when I actuate it manually and in coil test. I am running latest code. Thanks for any suggestions.

IMG_20181125_144114 (resized).jpgIMG_20181125_144114 (resized).jpgIMG_20181125_144126 (resized).jpgIMG_20181125_144126 (resized).jpg
#6016 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Drop Target Banks, Malfunction Detected, check (E)LF Drop Target. In the drop bank life test menu the E has many more down retries than the other drop targets.
I've searched for this particular issue but haven't found a solution other than check your springs. My springs look good, the drop targets positions are detected correctly in switch test. It seems to work normally when I actuate it manually and in coil test. I am running latest code. Thanks for any suggestions.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check if anything is loose, like a screw.
Also check its alignment to the slot to see if its rubbing.

Run the live test for maybe 20 cycles or so, see if it does acts up.

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Thanks for any suggestions.

If they are working. Ignore it. It will clear on it's own.

LTG : )

#6018 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I get them also but have no issues

#6019 5 years ago

Beat Smaug today, but the victory lap multiball never started . How do I pull an error report to send off?

#6020 5 years ago

Installed $13 LED strips from Amazon on the backbox. Created the soft glow effect that I wanted for little money. Just wanted to pass that little piece of pinball magic along…

IMG_3584 (resized).JPGIMG_3584 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPGIMG_3587 (resized).JPG

#6021 5 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Installed $13 LED strips from Amazon on the backbox. Created the soft glow effect that I wanted for little money. Just wanted to pass that little piece of pinball magic along…

looks great!

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I carefully removed mine (for the same reason) - and yes it was double sided tape (for the most part). I then replaced the tape with as thin a double sided tape as I could find (so that I would not leave a large gap) and then aligned it nicely. Looks great and not hard to do
Also, I did have to cut the tape a bit as the tape I had was too wide and it needed to be fairly narrow on the top and bottom.

Thanks for the help. My "factory tape" was some black, thick, gooey stuff. It rolled up and came off the frame pretty easily. I put some Walmart double sided tape on the back of the frame and when I went to attach it to the clear plastic it wouldn't stick. So I put a second strip of tape on the clear plastic and the frame stuck to that. So far, so good and the displayed image is completely visible from the players position. Now I can see the star rating for the modes! As you stated, it was an easy fix.

#6023 5 years ago

I have only played about 5 games on the 3.0 code.

Just had a complete reboot and crash.

The first one I have ever had since I bought the game.

Happened during mutiball.

One ring mode was running.
Hit the right hole and then a complete crash and black screens across the board.

Definitely the new code.

I'm not the only one to have seen a total black screen crash.

This has to be fixed right away.

#6024 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have only played about 5 games on the 3.0 code.
Just had a complete reboot and crash.
The first one I have ever had since I bought the game.
Happened during mutiball.
One ring mode was running.
Hit the right hole and then a complete crash and black screens across the board.
Definitely the new code.
I'm not the only one to have seen a total black screen crash.
This has to be fixed right away.

I apologize for the disappointing experience with that crash. It was a very elusive problem to recreate before I could diagnose it. Can you please check the Error Log and confirm that it show a '9004' error code? (Full Menu->Reports->Error Log)

I will be packaging up Hobbit release 3.10 later today. It will be posted on the JJP Support site Monday morning.
--Ted

#6025 5 years ago

Yikes,

I haven't updated since 2.97, part of the reason is totally happy with game as is. Although it seems much harder to get past Into the Fire to Barrel Escape (only once). Also there was a urban legend, that after the game the play field didn't light up with fire effect..

#6026 5 years ago

I apologize for the disappointing experience with that crash. It was a very elusive problem to recreate before I could diagnose it. Can you please check the Error Log and confirm that it show a '9004' error code? (Full Menu->Reports->Error Log)
I will be packaging up Hobbit release 3.10 later today. It will be posted on the JJP Support site Monday morning.
--Ted

Ted, will this replace the 3.00 or will it be a Delta? Thanks for all the killer work on this; I can't believe what an awesome end of the year this has been between DI and Hobbit!

#6027 5 years ago

--Ted

Looking forward to it!

#6028 5 years ago

No, it was announced as a FULL INSTALL again:

==============================================================================
== Version 3.10 December 14, 2018 ==

- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

=== Game Code

* Fixed rare game reset in Smaug Multiball
* Fixed Game Over lamp effect after entering name/initials
* Fixed Spider hits in Battle of Five Armies stage 6
* Fixed mode total display in Barrel Escape and Battle of Five Armies
* Adjusted timing of "Stage X Complete" display/speech in Battle of Five Armies
* Changed Barrel Escape to split Stage 2 A/B parts into separate stages
* Polished up various lamp effects
* Adjusted gain and music ducking on several sound effects

=== Core Code

* Fixed UK pricing presets

=== OS

* Fixed sound loss/distortion that occurs after game on for several hours

#6029 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

No, it was announced as a FULL INSTALL again:
== Version 3.10 December 14, 2018 ==
- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release
=== Game Code
* Fixed rare game reset in Smaug Multiball
* Fixed Game Over lamp effect after entering name/initials
* Fixed Spider hits in Battle of Five Armies stage 6
* Fixed mode total display in Barrel Escape and Battle of Five Armies
* Adjusted timing of "Stage X Complete" display/speech in Battle of Five Armies
* Changed Barrel Escape to split Stage 2 A/B parts into separate stages
* Polished up various lamp effects
* Adjusted gain and music ducking on several sound effects
=== Core Code
* Fixed UK pricing presets
=== OS
* Fixed sound loss/distortion that occurs after game on for several hours

So if I'm at 2.xx I just need to do a Full Install of 3.10?

#6030 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Yes, Sir.

When using UNETBOOTIN, if prompted, say Yes to overwrite all. Procedure is there:

http://159.203.76.48/general/install-full/

#6031 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

BACK UP YOUR SETTINGS FIRST!

Sorry about the shouting...

#6032 5 years ago

--Ted

Thank you do much for your attention to this!

As a first time reboot victim, it was kinda scary and disturbing lol.

#6033 5 years ago

Is 3.10 an official release or a trial version?

#6034 5 years ago

3.0 installed tonite just fine with unibuten . Played 2 games and excited to see some things for the first time. All good, this game is really smooth.

#6035 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Is 3.10 an official release or a trial version?

Technically it was released on the Google group as a trial. Ted said if all went well it should be on jjp site Monday.

#6036 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Technically it was released on the Google group as a trial. Ted said if all went well it should be on jjp site Monday.

Was it? Ted sent out the release notes but no link AFAIK.

#6037 5 years ago

I want to publicly thank all the guinea pigs for testing the 3.0+ software before i install it.

testpilot (resized).jpgtestpilot (resized).jpg
#6038 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Was it? Ted sent out the release notes but no link AFAIK.

It is not available yet. I built a disk and tested it today. Assuming nothing urgent takes priority, the image will be packaged and posted on Monday.
--Ted

#6039 5 years ago

My favorite feature - enabled feast champ and modes won champ. When I scored GC it also triggered HS of day and then both enabled modes. I got pops in rapid order ... pop pop pop pop and a readout. Love it!

9C2474D4-EAB6-493B-A52E-0D73CEF02F0B (resized).jpeg9C2474D4-EAB6-493B-A52E-0D73CEF02F0B (resized).jpeg

#6040 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe you lose audits and games played. Just backs up settings or adjustments you've made.
LTG : )

Forgot to give an update on this, but if it can help others, YES, ball counts were indeed in the backup, so after restoring backup on the V3.00, all stats were back!!

#6041 5 years ago

Any word on the 3.1 update?
It would be very nice to resolve the smaug multiball resets before Xmas

#6042 5 years ago

How often do I need to polish my new Hobbit BA?.
Its now had around 400 plays.
Thanks

#6043 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Any word on the 3.1 update?
It would be very nice to resolve the smaug multiball resets before Xmas

Wondering about this as well? Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks

#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

How often do I need to polish my new Hobbit BA?.
Its now had around 400 plays.
Thanks

Right about now it should be waxed and the balls replaced.

#6045 5 years ago

Replacing balls every 400 games seems excessive. By all means, replace them if they start looking rough in any way, but my Hobbit with about 13-14000 plays on it has only needed to have its balls replaced once or twice.

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Replacing balls every 400 games seems excessive. By all means, replace them if they start looking rough in any way, but my Hobbit with about 13-14000 plays on it has only needed to have its balls replaced once or twice.

14000 plays??? good to hear these games are holding up.

#6047 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

14000 plays??? good to hear these games are holding up.

Would love to see a write up of issues during that stretch.

#6048 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Would love to see a write up of issues during that stretch.

Definitely, and pics.

#6049 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Yes, needing to replace balls is pretty subjective.

I replace them or polish them when they look rough and imperfect under a jeweler's loupe.

I see that rough and scratched balls contribute to clearcoat hazing.

Other than power buff off the haze, I just replace the balls.

They're cheap.

Hobbit has long ball times.
Rough cut up balls dull the clearcoat.

#6050 5 years ago

I'll try to take some pictures at some point, but these are the issues I can remember:

* Broken pop bumper bracket
* Broken sling shot arm, twice
* Dead LCD screen twice (seriously bad soldering; see our blog post: http://www.popbumper.no/2018/07/25/hobbit-display-issues/)
* Multiple times: Broken ledges on drop target brackets so targets won't stay up
* One bad lighting wire harness, so an insert lost its blue component
* Beast pop-ups: Broken wires, and switches that need tuning regularly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/121?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.