20240302_120255 (resized).jpg
IMG_2727 (resized).jpeg
20240229_193835 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).jpeg
20240218_004618 (resized).jpg
20240218_004645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 260.
#5951 5 years ago

Got it guys! Works Great!!
Thanks SO MUCH!!
Tom

#5952 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

My up kickers are taking two to three times to kick up. Is there a way to adjust them?
Thanks!

If it’s new, it may just need a software adjustment. Several owners have mentioned that their VUKs were misaligned, you may want to check physically as well

#5953 5 years ago

I’m having a terrible time trying to get it 3.0 loaded!i had to walk away and have some beers! Tried 3 different flash drives
.any thoughts ? Pin won’t recognize software. I’m on 2.95

Thanks I’m gonna have another beer just cuz!✌️

#5954 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Pin won’t recognize software.

When it's on your thumb drive, if you plug it into your computer, what does it say is on the thumb drive ?

LTG : )

#5955 5 years ago

I’m having a terrible time trying to get it 3.0 loaded!i had to walk away and have some beers! Tried 3 different flash drives

Try rufus instead of unetbootin, that's what I had to do on mine for it to work.

#5956 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

When it's on your thumb drive, if you plug it into your computer, what does it say is on the thumb drive ?

I can’t remember the exact verbiage but something like soft was it found.

#5957 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Try rufus instead of unetbootin, that's what I had to do on mine for it to work.

Concerning Rufus do you follow the same Directions as unebootin?
Thank so guys !

#5958 5 years ago

Yeah faught this myself and realised I kept formatting my SD card in my machine like tripple read the instructions - also reformat stick - and directly connect to the machine not the long USB cord.

#5959 5 years ago

Thx coz will make sure again

#5960 5 years ago

Posted this also in the "Hobbit software 3.0 update" thread. Curious what you have heard sofar:

During the second and third Arkenstone mode, but especially during botfa the callout "stage 1 complete" is heard at the same time as Azog speak his "orc language encouragements" to his troops. These callouts from Azog from one stage to the next make botfa a great experience and, according to me, this is ruined by the new "stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 completed" phrases.
These phrases go well with "into the fire" since no character speaks during the end of a stage. But during botfa it's annoying and not necessary, since Azog already introduces the next stages in a great way.
Solution: delete the "stage 1, 2, 3 callouts during barrel escape and botfa. If I remember correctly the callouts also overwhelm the "superjackpot" callouts during the Arkenstone modes.
Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong.

#5961 5 years ago

Hey got the new site up and selling the TrueColor plastic protectors again . Here are the hobbits, one of the best sellers so far - https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/hobbit-pinball-true-color-protectors

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Hey got the new site up and selling the TrueColor plastic protectors again . Here are the hobbits, one of the best sellers so far - https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/hobbit-pinball-true-color-protectors

I like this product also - but I removed it because it is a bit too large and required filing down to make it fit properly. If they can have it a bit closer to the size of the plastics they are protecting but a tad larger it would be a much better product.

#5963 5 years ago

Just got BNIB Black Arrow, here in the UK.
It appears to have some horrible electrical interference all over the audio.
Is this a common fault?
What can be done about it?
Beautiful machine, but being spoiled by the "noise" on the audio

#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

What can be done about it?

Ground loop isolator.

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

amazon.com link »

I put one in my pin - and I think it was this exactly. It did work

#5967 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I like this product also - but I removed it because it is a bit too large and required filing down to make it fit properly. If they can have it a bit closer to the size of the plastics they are protecting but a tad larger it would be a much better product.

It could be done. However, I made the hobbit ones a bit larger than the rest of the protectors as they looked way more awesome with the game with more color as opposed to ever so slightly larger and subtle color. I just made a different decision on this game specifically.

As for fit, they are on my hobbit here with no issues and went in smooth so they should install with no issues. I haven't had anyone tell me about needing to file this one down yet and its the 2nd best selling protector of all time I have. The hols for the bolts and nuts are wider than the original plastics so you have room to position to make fit no problem

#5968 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hey, I have these in my hobbit and they're fine. You have to loosen the bolts that hold the plastics and move them slightly away from the ball hang and tighten it back down and they're fine. Another friend has this on a game on route also no issues.

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Have these on mine and they work well for the most part.

#5970 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've been hearing a clicking noise since updating to 3.0. it is a few 3-5 clicks at start of the game. Not the drop Target sounds, but quieter. Can't figure it out.

Does it sound like it's coming from around the Dragons head just before the ball pops out mine started making that sound after the update I'm not worried about it just something I noticed

#5971 5 years ago

I didn't realise Smaug multiball carries over , just a couple shots in, the flippers died and for a second I thought there was a problem but then the animation started also got to botfa .What a rush this game is so good .Best pin ever.

#5972 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Rufus worked perfectly for me, I kept getting an error using Unetbootin. Thanks!

#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

amazon.com link »

Does this go inside the silver box between the MOBO and the sound card?

#5974 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does it sound like it's coming from around the Dragons head just before the ball pops out mine started making that sound after the update I'm not worried about it just something I noticed

It's hard to tell, but it's just a quick 5-7 click noises underneath. Maybe what you said. It was after updating to 3.0.

#5975 5 years ago

Sounds like a down switch is getting triggered, by something. I would go into the diagnostics menu and run a coil and a switch test.

#5976 5 years ago

Do changes of settings take effect immediately, or do you have to cycle the power to the machine.

#5977 5 years ago

There supposed to be a blue rubber on both up kickers ? I only have one on my right side.

#5978 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Does this go inside the silver box between the MOBO and the sound card?

It plugs into the back of the silver box where the audio cable to the speakers comes out.

The audio cable from the speakers plugs into the ground loop isolator.

#5979 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Do changes of settings take effect immediately, or do you have to cycle the power to the machine.

You should cycle power after the installation after it reboots and comes up as 3.0

Its not mandatory, but its good practice to test the install to make sure its booting properly.

#5980 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Sounds like a down switch is getting triggered, by something. I would go into the diagnostics menu and run a coil and a switch test.

I noticed smaug is lit active. Is that normal when machine is idle? Thanks for helping guys.

IMG_20181206_145606624_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20181206_145606624_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpg
#5981 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You should cycle power after the installation after it reboots and comes up as 3.0
Its not mandatory, but its good practice to test the install to make sure its booting properly.

I mean when you change any settings, like coil settings. Not after an update.
Thanks

#5982 5 years ago

Played again today. Wow! Thanks jjp for getting this game improved. This game is amazing. Jjp, keep it up.

#5983 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I mean when you change any settings, like coil settings. Not after an update.
Thanks

Yes it should be instant

#5984 5 years ago

Wow. Was just having a great game and started Smaug multiball on progress towards arkenstone number two and during multiball start sequence, the screen went black, flippers went dead, and it rebooted. First time that has ever happened. Running 3.0.

#5985 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rufus worked perfectly for me, I kept getting an error using Unetbootin. Thanks!

Thanks panzer will give it a go.

#5986 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Wow. Was just having a great game and started Smaug multiball on progress towards arkenstone number two and during multiball start sequence, the screen went black, flippers went dead, and it rebooted. First time that has ever happened. Running 3.0.

I got the blackscreen trouble too on day 1 after installing 3.0 but so far so good since...

The only other problem I have (and there's this trouble since I got the machine before 3.0 so), and I don't know if it's a common problem or if there's a fix for this, but sometimes, when I start up The Hobbit, the display on the monitor is completely screwed... Like green vertical lines, or red vertical lines and picture is totally destroyed, this is very terrifing but... I stop the machine and restart it then problem is solved. Sometimes it can take 2 or 3 try but after that it works flawlessly. I am the only one to get this problem?
Maybe I am not clear, I'll take a photo the next time it happens

#5987 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

I got the blackscreen trouble too on day 1 after installing 3.0 but so far so good since...
The only other problem I have (and there's this trouble since I got the machine before 3.0 so), and I don't know if it's a common problem or if there's a fix for this, but sometimes, when I start up The Hobbit, the display on the monitor is completely screwed... Like green vertical lines, or red vertical lines and picture is totally destroyed, this is very terrifing but... I stop the machine and restart it then problem is solved. Sometimes it can take 2 or 3 try but after that it works flawlessly. I am the only one to get this problem?
Maybe I am not clear, I'll take a photo the next time it happens

Sounds like a loose or defective monitor cable.

#5988 5 years ago

Had some skipping sound after starting into the fire. Nothing a reset didn’t fix.

#5989 5 years ago

Ted PM'd me and is working to look for any bugs.

#5990 5 years ago

We are going to do a limited run of Hobbit pin cups. A couple of people had messaged me in the past about it. If you would like one, just PM me. $30 including shipping in the US. The one pictured is ambidextrous, but we will be printing right or left hand flanges.

The one pictured has the flange on the right side. This would attach to the left leg and stick out the the side of the cabinet or attach to the right leg and stick out in front of the cabinet.

If you really want an ambidextrous one let me know and we can figure something out.

Just PM me if interested.

D17D8EC7-02A7-49DB-BF87-680C8671EE0F (resized).jpegD17D8EC7-02A7-49DB-BF87-680C8671EE0F (resized).jpegF171BDB2-DE47-4876-B4A3-3B7D209B180B (resized).jpegF171BDB2-DE47-4876-B4A3-3B7D209B180B (resized).jpeg
#5991 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

We are going to do a limited run of Hobbit pin cups. A couple of people had messaged me in the past about it. If you would like one, just PM me. $30 including shipping in the US. The one pictured is ambidextrous, but we will be printing right or left hand flanges.
The one pictured has the flange on the right side. This would attach to the left leg and stick out the the side of the cabinet or attach to the right leg and stick out in front of the cabinet.
If you really want an ambidextrous one let me know and we can figure something out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I personally have no interest in game-specific pin-cups, but I have to say...this one is pretty dope! I'm satisfied with the plain black one on my Hobbit currently, but this is definitely the coolest theme-ified pin-cup I've seen. Nice work!

#5992 5 years ago

looks like it could use vinyl trim where cup handle would sit. i can see the bailing twine fraying. other wise looks nice.

#5993 5 years ago

I performed the 3.0 upgrade and two observations so far...

1) On the default settings, the game seems to score much higher, which is not a problem. On my first game I broke my personal record. This may be in part because...

2) The default extra ball scores are 200K, 400K, 800K and 1.6M. However, my game also gives an extra ball at 300K. After getting the 200K extra ball, it says next extra ball at 300K and it delivers. Next extra ball as expected at 400K. Boost is Off and I installed 3-ball, followed by Install Home. Any ideas?

#5994 5 years ago

getting ready to install topper, where do you plug it in at? is there a plug in backbox behind screen or do you have to feed it to bottom of machine.

#5995 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

getting ready to install topper, where do you plug it in at? is there a plug in backbox behind screen or do you have to feed it to bottom of machine.

Take a pic! I don’t think I’ve seen a topper yet

#5996 5 years ago

Not sure how close they are, but I JUST finished a 3D print of a cup like this. Really nice!

#5997 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not sure how close they are, but I JUST finished a 3D print of a cup like this. Really nice!

Cool! Happy to share the 3D print file too if you want to try this one out.

#5998 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Topper plug is in the cabinet, left side toward the back. Has blue wires.

#5999 5 years ago

Cups look great. Pretty cool. Nice work.

What topper are you guys talking about. Pics???

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I performed the 3.0 upgrade ...
2) The default extra ball scores are 200K, 400K, 800K and 1.6M. However, my game also gives an extra ball at 300K. After getting the 200K extra ball, it says next extra ball at 300K and it delivers. Next extra ball as expected at 400K. Boost is Off and I installed 3-ball, followed by Install Home. Any ideas?

You must have made other changes as well. Based on your description, you turned "Replay" ON, and set "Score Award Levels" to 4.

For my tastes, that's too many extra balls. However, I pass no judgement on how others like to set up their games.
--Ted

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
There are 12,956 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 260.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-owners-thread/page/120?hl=chrislix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.